Gliscor (Revamp) QC [2/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With the SD set being so popular I feel like the Subtoxic set is still good enough to warrant not being in OO. I implemented all the other checks though.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your logic at all. The reason the swords dance and SpDef sets are so popular is because they're very effective sets. The sub toxic set is underused compared to them because it's an awful set. Just because it can surprise some people off guard doesn't mean the set is good enough to warrant a spot on the analysis. We stated why it's bad, it's shut down but so many common threats like Magic guard Clefable and mega sableye, which the swords dance set can easily muscle past. Sure, you can run knock off so you don't lose to Gengar, but then sd Excadrill laughs at it. And even then, balloon driller has no problem. The list of pokemon that can easily take advantage of that sets reliance on toxic stall is extensive.

I'd also like if you considered my suggestion of splitting up the two spdef sets, one swords dance and one stallbreaker (taunt toxic).

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Mention a couple of more Ice type users in checks and counters such as Mamoswine and Weavile. Also we're keeping Subtoxic, "we're" as in what QC discussed is fine, quoting Leftiez.

Leftiez: lol
Leftiez: subtox
Leftiez: is really good atm
Leftiez: because it can trick most of balanced team
Leftiez: that doesnt carry magic guard clef / gliscor
Leftiez: and also offensive team
Leftiez: but yh sub tox is def better against offensive/bulky offense team
Leftiez: than SD
Leftiez: while SD can beat balanced/Stall

Rename the first set Swords Dance. Finish up the usage tips and set details for all the sets. Just beef up the team options a bit as well so it accommodates partners for different types of builds Gliscor would be found on. Let us know when this is done chimpact.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Added everything except more team options. You can go so many different routes with Gliscor, since he's so versatile, I added only the most generic teammates I could think of.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Stallbreaker and Swords Dance still need team options anyways. This is where you can incorporate the different routes it can take.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Make SubToxic OO, it's average at best. It's only going to be luring Whirlwind Hippo and some bulky Waters, I don't think it should be anything more than OO u_u

Mention Stealth Rocks in OO, as Gliscor is an alright rocker when you can't fit another. I'd also mention running running Ice Fang on the SD set in OO, lets you have a reliable move to hit Altaria, beat opposing Gliscors, and OHKO fat chomps.

QC 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)