Camerupt

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Skeleton by KillerOrcas

GP: GatoDelFuego / SM979

Overview
########

Mega Camerupt is a viable Trick Room Pokemon with base 20 Speed after Mega Evolving, which allows it to outspeed and KO Amoonguss, a Pokemon that Trick Room teams struggle with. It has bulky 70 / 100 / 105 defenses and its base 145 Special Attack and ability Sheer Force let it hit hard. However, Mega Camerupt is not viable outside Trick Room and requires support from other Pokemon on its team. It's also hard to send out without taking prior damage or letting its teammate faint.

Standard
########

name: Standard
move 1: Heat Wave
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power
move 4: Protect
ability: Solid Rock
item: Cameruptite
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Quiet

Moves
========

Heat Wave and Earth Power are Mega Camerupt's STAB attacks and are used for max damage. Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types immune to Earth Power such as Hydreigon, Latios, and Salamence. Ancient Power is for special Rock coverage and pairs well with Sheer Force, hitting Fire-types immune to Earth Power such as Rotom-H and Charizard. Protect lets Mega Camerupt scout the foe's moves.

Set Details
========

252 Special Attack EVs let Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible, while 252 EVs in HP maximize Mega Camerupt's bulk. You may opt for 76 EVs in Defense which allow Mega Camerupt to survive Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge 95% of the time. 0 Speed IVs let Mega Camerupt sweep in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========

Always use Mega Camerupt in Trick Room, as the chances of non-Mega Camerupt attacking outside of it is much lower due to fact that most people double target it. Trick Room has only four turns after it is used, so don't waste them. Use the four turns to make aggressive plays. Never switch Mega Camerupt in directly unless you are confident that it can take little to no damage.

Team Options
========

Don't consider using Mega Camerupt without Trick Room. Viable Trick Room users, such as Cresselia and Gothitelle, can also set up Sunny Day for Mega Camerupt, making its Fire-type moves stronger. Jellicent has great type synergy with Mega Camerupt. Despite Mega Camerupt's power, it is unable to KO Pokemon such as Aegislash in its Shield forme and requires Helping Hand to make sure it KOes Pokemon neutral to Mega Camerupt's attacks. Pokemon able to redirect attacks such as Amoonguss, which has access to Rage Powder, a resistance to Water-type attacks, and the ability to hit Water-types with Giga Drain, are good partners for Mega Camerupt. Follow Me Clefable, Clefairy, and Togekiss can also redirect dangerous moves. Storm Drain Gastrodon and Cradily redirect Water-type moves for Mega Camerupt. Grass-type Pokemon that take on Water-types one-on-one help Mega Camerupt to defend against Water-types, such as Amoonguss and Ferrothorn. Pokemon that can KO Dragon-, Water-, and Levitating Fire-types such as Sylveon, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar, respectively, help Mega Camerupt a lot.

Other Options
########

Fire Blast and Flamethrower are alternative STAB moves with more power but only target one Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass targets Water-type Pokemon ruining Mega Camerupt's day, such as Rotom-W. Rock Slide works off Mega Camerupt's solid Attack and Sheer Force, letting it hit Mega Charizard Y harder than Ancient Power. However, Intimidate users weaken Mega Camerupt's Attack. Solar Beam combos with Sunny Day Cresselia to hit Water-type Pokemon harder, although it relies on Sunny Day.

Checks & Counters
########

**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Suicune, and Milotic are problematic Water-type Pokemon for Mega Camerupt. Rotom-W has Levitate and resists Mega Camerupt's STAB moves, which is a huge problem if Mega Camerupt doesn't carry Hidden Power Grass or have a teammate to KO it. Milotic and Suicune have amazing Special Defense and so can tank Mega Camerupt's Earth Power with ease.

**Dragon-types**: Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, and Salamence resist Heat Wave, are immune to Earth Power, and can be a huge problem if Hidden Power Ice isn't used. However, they need to be careful when Mega Camerupt is in Trick Room.

**Levitating Fire-types**: Rotom-H and Mega Charizard Y resist or are immune to Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and are hard to defeat without Ancient Power. Talonflame can take a lot of damage from Heat Wave and Brave Bird recoil but has Taunt to stop Trick Room from going up, allowing it to switch in and finish off a weakened Mega Camerupt easily.

**Preventing Trick Room**: In general, Sableye, Thundurus, and Gengar are good checks to Cresselia and Gothitelle, two common Trick Room users, as they can hit them super effectively or Taunt them. Mega Camerupt then becomes much easier to deal with outside of Trick Room.

Last edited:
overview: mega rupt does not wall anything.

moves: remove mention of HP grass. eruption shouldn't be in moves since you already have it in OO.

ok so uh besides these it could be ok but you dont explain anything and you kinda leave some sentences hanging. a big example of this is "Storm Drain is also useful due to fact that Mega-Camerupt doesn’t have to waste a turn." in team options. how does storm drain keep camerupt from wasting turns?

frankly while this analysis is subpar, it's definitely on the right track. if you want to keep this analysis, take everything you've written and rewrite it as a skeleton and we'll take it through QC again.

you also pm'd us this and then posted it a few hours later when we didn't respond. i saw it and maybe the other guys saw it too, but when you pm us something like this it will take time for us to get back to you.

i'm gonna give you till saturday to rewrite it as a skeleton at the very least. it would be nice if you PM'd us the skeleton after you're done with it (pls put it in piratepad too!!) and be patient if we don't respond right away. right now i'm neck deep in exams and homework and my schedule already objects to me taking the time to reply to this, but i dont want GP to go over this just yet.

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
overview: mega rupt does not wall anything.

moves: remove mention of HP grass. eruption shouldn't be in moves since you already have it in OO.

ok so uh besides these it could be ok but you dont explain anything and you kinda leave some sentences hanging. a big example of this is "Storm Drain is also useful due to fact that Mega-Camerupt doesn’t have to waste a turn." in team options. how does storm drain keep camerupt from wasting turns?

frankly while this analysis is subpar, it's definitely on the right track. if you want to keep this analysis, take everything you've written and rewrite it as a skeleton and we'll take it through QC again.

you also pm'd us this and then posted it a few hours later when we didn't respond. i saw it and maybe the other guys saw it too, but when you pm us something like this it will take time for us to get back to you.

i'm gonna give you till saturday to rewrite it as a skeleton at the very least. it would be nice if you PM'd us the skeleton after you're done with it (pls put it in piratepad too!!) and be patient if we don't respond right away. right now i'm neck deep in exams and homework and my schedule already objects to me taking the time to reply to this, but i dont want GP to go over this just yet.
ok thank you, but I didn't want to add stuff and delete stuff like the other person, who did it very poorly. Sorry :(

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rubsomebacononit

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########
Mega Camerupt is a viable Trick Room Pokemon user with base 20 base Speed after Mega Evolving, which allows it to outspeed and KO Amoonguss, a Pokemon that Trick Room teams struggle with. It has bulky 70 / 100 / 105 defenses defences and its base 145 Special Attack and ability Sheer Force lets it hit hard. However, Mega Camerupt is not viable outside Trick Room and requires support from other Pokemon on its team. It's also hard to send out without taking prior damage or letting its teammate faint.

Standard
########
Move 1: Heat Wave
Move 2: Earth Power
Move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power
Move 4: Protect
Ability: Solid Rock (Sheer Force)
Item: Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Nature: Quiet

Moves
========
Heat Wave and Earth Power are Mega Camerupt's STAB attacks and are used for max damage. Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types immune to Earth Power such as Hydreigon, Latios, (AC) and Salamence. Ancient Power is a Rock-type move for special Rock coverage and pairs well with Sheer Force, hitting Fire-types immune to Earth Power such as Rotom-H and Charizard. Protect lets Mega Camerupt scout the foe's moves.

Set Details
========
252 EVs in HP maximizes Mega Camerupt's bulk. 76 EVs in Defense allows it Mega Camerupt to survive an Adamant Mega Unless not Mega, idk the metagame Kangaskhan's Double Edge 95% of the time. 0 Speed IVs lets it Mega Camerupt sweep in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========
Always use Mega Camerupt in Trick Room as the chances of non-Mega Camerupt attacking outside of it is hopefully this is what you meant to say, because I can't figure it out otherwise much lower due to fact that most people double target it. Trick Room has only 4 turns after it is used, so don’t waste them. Use the 4 turns to make aggressive plays. Never switch it Mega Camerupt in directly unless you are confident that it can take little to no damage.

Team Options
========
Don't consider using Mega Camerupt without Trick Room. Viable Trick Room users, such as Cresselia and Gothitelle, (AC) can set up Sunny Day for Mega Camerupt, making its Fire moves stronger. Jellicent has great type synergy with Mega Camerupt. Despite Mega Camerupt's power, it is unable to KO Pokemon such as Aegislash-Shield and requires Helping Hand to make sure it KOes Pokemon neutral to Mega Camerupt's notice the apostrophe change from curled to straight also attacks. Pokemon able to redirect attacks such as Amoonguss, which has access to Rage Powder, a resistance to Water-type attacks, (AC) and the ability to hit Water-types with Giga Drain, are good partners for Mega Camerupt. Follow Me Clefable, Clefairy, and Togekiss can also redirect dangerous moves. Storm Drain Gastrodon and Cradily redirect Water-type moves for Mega Camerupt. Grass-type Pokemon that take on Water-types one-on-one help Mega Camerupt to defend against Water-types, such as Amoonguss and Ferrothorn. Pokemon that can kill KO Dragon-, Water-, (AC) and Levitating Fire-types such as Sylveon, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar respectively help Mega Camerupt a lot.

Other Options
######## this section is obviously not complete yet; tag me once it's been written up and I'll approve your analysis
  • Fire Blast and Flamethrower are alternative STAB with more fire power but only targets one Pokemon.
  • HP Grass targets annoying Water-type Pokemon ruining Camerupt's day, such as Rotom-W.
  • Rock Slide works off Camerupt's solid attack and sheer force, letting it hit Charizard-Y harder than Ancient Power. However, Intimidate users weaken Camerupt's attack.
  • Solar Beam combos with sunny day Cresselia can hit Water-type Pokemon harder, although it relies on Sunny Day.

Checks & Counters
########
**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Suicune, and Milotic are problematic Water-type Pokemon for Mega Camerupt. Rotom-W has Levitate and resists Mega Camerupt's STAB moves, which is a huge problem if you Mega Camerupt doesn't don't carry Hidden Power Grass or have a teammate to kill KO it. Milotic and Suicune have amazing Special Defense and so it can tank Mega Camerupt's Earth Power with ease.

**Dragon-types**: Popular Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, (AC) and Salamence resist Heat Wave, are immune to Earth Power, (AC) and can be a huge problem if Hidden Power Ice isn't used. However, they need to be careful when Mega Camerupt is in Trick Room.

**Rotom-H and Mega Charizard Y**: They Rotom-H and Mega Charizard Y resist or are immune to Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and are hard to defeat without Ancient Power. Talonflame can take a lot of damage from Heat Wave and Brave Bird recoil but has Taunt to stop Trick Room from going up, allowing it to switch in and finish off a weakened Mega Camerupt easily. Talonflame wasn't mentioned in this above section. Perhaps change it to 'Levitating Fire-types'?

**Preventing Trick Room Prevention**: This largely depends on the Trick Room user camerupt is paired up with. In general, Sableye, Thundurus, and Gengar are good checks to the three most common Trick Room users, X, Y, and Z, as they can hit them super effectively or Taunt them. Mega Camerupt then becomes much easier to deal with outside of Trick Room.

This is 1/2 after I check the other options section.

Last edited:

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
rubsomebacononit

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########
Mega Camerupt is a viable Trick Room Pokemon user with base 20 base Speed after Mega Evolving, which allows it to outspeed and KO Amoonguss, a Pokemon that Trick Room teams struggle with. It has bulky 70 / 100 / 105 defenses defences and its base 145 Special Attack and ability Sheer Force lets it hit hard. However, Mega Camerupt is not viable outside Trick Room and requires support from other Pokemon on its team. It's also hard to send out without taking prior damage or letting its teammate faint.

Standard
########
Move 1: Heat Wave
Move 2: Earth Power
Move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power
Move 4: Protect
Ability: Solid Rock (Sheer Force)
Item: Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Nature: Quiet

Moves
========
Heat Wave and Earth Power are Mega Camerupt's STAB attacks and are used for max damage. Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types immune to Earth Power such as Hydreigon, Latios, (AC) and Salamence. Ancient Power is a Rock-type move for special Rock coverage and pairs well with Sheer Force, hitting Fire-types immune to Earth Power such as Rotom-H and Charizard. Protect lets Mega Camerupt scout the foe's moves.

Set Details
========
252 EVs in HP maximizes Mega Camerupt's bulk. 76 EVs in Defense allows it Mega Camerupt to survive an Adamant Mega Unless not Mega, idk the metagame Kangaskhan's Double Edge 95% of the time. 0 Speed IVs lets it Mega Camerupt sweep in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========
Always use Mega Camerupt in Trick Room as the chances of non-Mega Camerupt attacking outside of it is hopefully this is what you meant to say, because I can't figure it out otherwise much lower due to fact that most people double target it. Trick Room has only 4 turns after it is used, so don’t waste them. Use the 4 turns to make aggressive plays. Never switch it Mega Camerupt in directly unless you are confident that it can take little to no damage.

Team Options
========
Don't consider using Mega Camerupt without Trick Room. Viable Trick Room users, such as Cresselia and Gothitelle, (AC) can set up Sunny Day for Mega Camerupt, making its Fire moves stronger. Jellicent has great type synergy with Mega Camerupt. Despite Mega Camerupt's power, it is unable to KO Pokemon such as Aegislash-Shield and requires Helping Hand to make sure it KOes Pokemon neutral to Mega Camerupt's notice the apostrophe change from curled to straight also attacks. Pokemon able to redirect attacks such as Amoonguss, which has access to Rage Powder, a resistance to Water-type attacks, (AC) and the ability to hit Water-types with Giga Drain, are good partners for Mega Camerupt. Follow Me Clefable, Clefairy, and Togekiss can also redirect dangerous moves. Storm Drain Gastrodon and Cradily redirect Water-type moves for Mega Camerupt. Grass-type Pokemon that take on Water-types one-on-one help Mega Camerupt to defend against Water-types, such as Amoonguss and Ferrothorn. Pokemon that can kill KO Dragon-, Water-, (AC) and Levitating Fire-types such as Sylveon, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar respectively help Mega Camerupt a lot.

Other Options
######## this section is obviously not complete yet; tag me once it's been written up and I'll approve your analysis
  • Fire Blast and Flamethrower are alternative STAB with more fire power but only targets one Pokemon.
  • HP Grass targets annoying Water-type Pokemon ruining Camerupt's day, such as Rotom-W.
  • Rock Slide works off Camerupt's solid attack and sheer force, letting it hit Charizard-Y harder than Ancient Power. However, Intimidate users weaken Camerupt's attack.
  • Solar Beam combos with sunny day Cresselia can hit Water-type Pokemon harder, although it relies on Sunny Day.

Checks & Counters
########
**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Suicune, and Milotic are problematic Water-type Pokemon for Mega Camerupt. Rotom-W has Levitate and resists Mega Camerupt's STAB moves, which is a huge problem if you Mega Camerupt doesn't don't carry Hidden Power Grass or have a teammate to kill KO it. Milotic and Suicune have amazing Special Defense and so it can tank Mega Camerupt's Earth Power with ease.

**Dragon-types**: Popular Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, (AC) and Salamence resist Heat Wave, are immune to Earth Power, (AC) and can be a huge problem if Hidden Power Ice isn't used. However, they need to be careful when Mega Camerupt is in Trick Room.

**Rotom-H and Mega Charizard Y**: They Rotom-H and Mega Charizard Y resist or are immune to Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and are hard to defeat without Ancient Power. Talonflame can take a lot of damage from Heat Wave and Brave Bird recoil but has Taunt to stop Trick Room from going up, allowing it to switch in and finish off a weakened Mega Camerupt easily. Talonflame wasn't mentioned in this above section. Perhaps change it to 'Levitating Fire-types'?

**Preventing Trick Room Prevention**: This largely depends on the Trick Room user camerupt is paired up with. In general, Sableye, Thundurus, and Gengar are good checks to the three most common Trick Room users, X, Y, and Z, as they can hit them super effectively or Taunt them. Mega Camerupt then becomes much easier to deal with outside of Trick Room.

This is 1/2 after I check the other options section.
ty, but the other options part is complete. i just forgot to remove the bullet points xD

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fire Blast and Flamethrower are alternative STAB moves with more fire power but only targets one Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass targets annoying Water-type Pokemon ruining Mega Camerupt's day, such as Rotom-W. Rock Slide works off Mega Camerupt's solid Attack and Sheer Force, letting it hit Mega Charizard Y harder than Ancient Power. However, Intimidate users weaken Mega Camerupt's Attack. Solar Beam combos with Sunny Day Cresselia can to hit Water-type Pokemon harder, although it relies on Sunny Day.

1/2

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
ok thanks,
Fire Blast and Flamethrower are alternative STAB moves with more fire power but only targets one Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass targets annoying Water-type Pokemon ruining Mega Camerupt's day, such as Rotom-W. Rock Slide works off Mega Camerupt's solid Attack and Sheer Force, letting it hit Mega Charizard Y harder than Ancient Power. However, Intimidate users weaken Mega Camerupt's Attack. Solar Beam combos with Sunny Day Cresselia can to hit Water-type Pokemon harder, although it relies on Sunny Day.

1/2
ok thanks, will implement when i get back from school.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Add / Remove / (Comments) / Capitalize / lowercase
Overview
########
(Add line break)
Mega Camerupt is a viable Trick Room Pokemon with base 20 Speed after Mega Evolving, which allows it to outspeed and KO Amoonguss, a Pokemon that Trick Room teams struggle with. It has bulky 70 / 100 / 105 defenses and its base 145 Special Attack and ability Sheer Force let it hit hard. However, Mega Camerupt is not viable outside Trick Room and requires support from other Pokemon on its team. It's also hard to send out without taking prior damage or letting its teammate faint.

Standard
########
move 1: Heat Wave
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power
move 4: Protect
ability: Solid Rock (Sheer Force)
item: Cameruptite
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Def
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Quiet

Moves
========
(Add line break)
Heat Wave and Earth Power are Mega Camerupt's STAB attacks and are used for max damage. Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types immune to Earth Power such as Hydreigon, Latios, (AC) and Salamence. Ancient Power is for special Rock coverage and pairs well with Sheer Force, hitting Fire-types immune to Earth Power such as Rotom-H and Charizard. Protect lets Mega Camerupt scout the foe's moves.

Set Details
========
(Add line break)
252 Special Attack EVs let Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible, while 252 EVs in HP maximize Mega Camerupt's bulk. You may opt for 76 EVs in Defense which allow Mega Camerupt to survive an Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-(add hyphen)Edge 95% of the time. 0 Speed IVs let Mega Camerupt sweep in Trick Room.

Usage Tips
========
(Add line break)
Always use Mega Camerupt in Trick Room, (AC) as the chances of non-Mega Camerupt attacking outside of it is much lower due to fact that most people double target it. Trick Room has only 4 four turns after it is used, so don'(curly -> straight apostrophe)t waste them. Use the 4 four turns to make aggressive plays. Never switch Mega Camerupt in directly unless you are confident that it can take little to no damage.

Team Options
========
(Add line break)
Don't consider using Mega Camerupt without Trick Room. Viable Trick Room users, such as Cresselia and Gothitelle, (AC) can also set up Sunny Day for Mega Camerupt, making its Fire-type moves stronger. Jellicent has great type synergy with Mega Camerupt. Despite Mega Camerupt's power, it is unable to KO Pokemon such as Aegislash in its Shield forme and requires Helping Hand to make sure it KOes Pokemon neutral to Mega Camerupt's attacks. Pokemon able to redirect attacks such as Amoonguss, which has access to Rage Powder, a resistance to Water-type attacks, (AC) and the ability to hit Water-types with Giga Drain, are good partners for Mega Camerupt. Follow Me Clefable, Clefairy, and Togekiss can also redirect dangerous moves. Storm Drain Gastrodon and Cradily redirect Water-type moves for Mega Camerupt. Grass-type Pokemon that take on Water-types one-on-one help Mega Camerupt to defend against Water-types, such as Amoonguss and Ferrothorn. Pokemon that can KO Dragon-, Water-, (AC) and Levitating Fire-types such as Sylveon, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar, (AC) respectively, (AC) help Mega Camerupt a lot.

Other Options
########
(Add line break)
Fire Blast and Flamethrower are alternative STAB moves with more(add space)power but only target one Pokemon. Hidden Power Grass targets annoying Water-type Pokemon ruining Mega Camerupt's day, such as Rotom-W. Rock Slide works off Mega Camerupt's solid Attack and Sheer Force, letting it hit Mega Charizard Y harder than Ancient Power. However, Intimidate users weaken Mega Camerupt's Attack. Solar Beam combos with Sunny Day Cresselia to hit Water-type Pokemon harder, although it relies on Sunny Day.
(Add line break)
Checks & Counters
########
(Add line break)
**Water-types**: Rotom-W, Suicune, and Milotic are problematic Water-type Pokemon for Mega Camerupt. Rotom-W has Levitate and resists Mega Camerupt's STAB moves, which is a huge problem if Mega Camerupt doesn't carry Hidden Power Grass or have a teammate to KO it. Milotic and Suicune have amazing Special Defense and so can tank Mega Camerupt's Earth Power with ease.

**Dragon-types**: Popular Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, and Salamence resist Heat Wave, are immune to Earth Power, (AC) and can be a huge problem if Hidden Power Ice isn't used. However, they need to be careful when Mega Camerupt is in Trick Room.

**Levitating Fire-types**: Rotom-H and Mega Charizard Y resist or are immune to Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and are hard to defeat without Ancient Power. Talonflame can take a lot of damage from Heat Wave and Brave Bird recoil but has Taunt to stop Trick Room from going up, allowing it to switch in and finish off a weakened Mega Camerupt easily.

**Preventing Trick Room*: In general, Sableye, Thundurus, and Gengar are good checks to the three most common Trick Room users, X, Y, and Z, (you need to list actual users of Trick Room.) as they can hit them super effectively or Taunt them. Mega Camerupt then becomes much easier to deal with outside of Trick Room.
GP 2/2

Also, change the title to "Camerupt".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)