Fidgit

Credit to Fuzzie for the original skeleton
[QC: 3/3]
[GP: 2/2]

[OVERVIEW]

Fidgit is one of the more overlooked Pokemon in this metagame, shining as one of the best supporters in the tier. It has an enormous support movepool, with options including Stealth Rock, Spikes, Encore, Whirlwind, and Taunt. Fidgit is also the cornerstone of Trick Room teams thanks to Persistent. Fidgit also has the stats to pull off its supporting capabilities, with strong defensive stats and a good Speed tier.

However, Fidgit is also very hard to fit into a team. Many other support Pokemon, such as Tomohawk, outclass Fidgit in some of its roles. Because it is very passive, most powerful attackers are able to switch in freely on Fidgit. Fidgit also suffers from four-moveslot syndrome due to the large amount of supportive options that Fidgit wishes it could use at once. Its defenses, while not as frail as some other fast supporters, are often lacking due to its typing, which leaves it weak to common Ground- and Water-types.

[SET]
name: Persistent
move 1: Trick Room / Tailwind
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Rapid Spin / Spikes / Wish
move 4: Taunt / Encore
item: Black Sludge
ability: Persistent
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Trick Room and Tailwind both take advantage of Fidgit's Persistent. Trick Room works best for slow teams that utilize many powerful Pokemon, while Tailwind is especially useful for moderately fast attackers. U-turn is a valuable pivot move for Fidgit, allowing a Trick Room attacker to switch in for free. Tailwind allows Fidgit to escape unscathed, switching to another Pokemon to tank the attack. The third slot's moves depend on the support your team appreciates best; if you desperately need entry hazard removal, Rapid Spin is the best option. Spikes can be used to apply more pressure to the opposing team, while breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Wish can be used to pass decent amounts of HP to Fidgit's teammates. Encore can create lots of set up opportunities against set up sweepers and supporting Pokemon, while Taunt can prevent both from setting up their boosting moves and entry hazards, respectively.

Set Details
========

Persistent extends the duration of Trick Room and Tailwind. The EV spread maximizes Speed while giving Fidgit as much bulk as possible. Maximum HP EVs also lets Fidgit pass larger Wishes, should it be running the move. Black Sludge is used to give Fidgit passive recovery.

Two alternate spreads can be used, neither of which maximize Speed. 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish nature can be used for maximum physical bulk, and 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def with a Careful nature can be used for maximum special bulk. These spreads are more useful if your team needs multiple Speed control setups in order to function.

Usage Tips
========

Fidgit should often be used as a lead unless the opponent has dangerous attackers such as Aurumoth, which can force Fidgit out. Trick Room or Tailwind should often be the first move used, as Fidgit will rarely be doing anything else. Fidgit's team may rely on multiple uses of Trick Room or Tailwind, so keeping it healthy is vital for success.

Team Options
========

Trick Room Fidgit should be used with slow Pokemon that can hit extremely hard, such as Mega Camerupt, Sylveon, Crawdaunt, and Azumarill. Tailwind Fidgit works well alongside moderately fast Pokemon that appreciate an extra speed boost, such as Victini, Mega Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Gardevoir. Fidgit synergizes well with Flying-type Pokemon, which attract Electric attacks for Fidgit while being immune to Ground-type moves.

[SET]
name: Hazard Layer
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Whirlwind / Encore / Taunt
item: Black Sludge / Focus Sash
ability: Vital Spirit
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Spikes is Fidgit's main niche with this set, as it is one of the most reliable Spikes setters in the tier. If Fidgit is the only capable Stealth Rock user on your team, then Stealth Rock should be chosen for the enormous benefits that it provides. Toxic Spikes should be used if you already have a Stealth Rock user and if Toxic stalling is beneficial. U-turn is a very important pivot move for Fidgit, as it allows Fidgit to escape Gothitelle and Colossoil and not be Taunt bait. Whirlwind is a good phazing move that can take advantage of the entry hazards set by Fidgit, but it requires Fidgit to take a hit. Encore can shut down setup sweepers and supporting Pokemon, giving Fidgit opportunities to set up entry hazards. Lastly, Taunt can prevent status moves and boosting moves, which is especially potent against passive Pokemon such as Chansey.

Set Details
========

Vital Spirit prevents sleep from moves such as Breloom's Spore. Black Sludge is a great source of passive recovery, increasing Fidgit's longevity. Focus Sash can be used if Fidgit is intended to be used as a suicide lead, letting it set up entry hazards against opposing Colossoil and Landorus-Therian. If you choose to run Focus Sash, it is best to use Encore or Taunt over Whirlwind. Maximum Speed with a Jolly nature lets Fidgit avoid slower Taunt users and be able to set up entry hazards against slower attackers. Maximum HP investment makes Fidgit as bulky as possible.

Usage Tips
========

This set should be utilized like a lead, setting up entry hazards early on for your team. However, Rebound Colossoil can pose a problem, as can Pokemon with Magic Bounce. If either of these are spotted on the opposing team, spamming U-turn is a great idea in order to gain chip damage and momentum against foes. This set can attempt to force out set up sweepers, but don't count on it to use Whirlwind multiple times in a match, as Fidgit is not a formidable wall. Switching in on slower Electric-types can be very rewarding if Fidgit has Encore, though it might be risky should you mispredict.

Team Options
========

Fidgit fits onto any team that appreciates entry hazards, especially stall and hyper offense teams. Fidgit pairs well with Flying-type Pokemon, as they have excellent type synergy, and they are immune to the Ground-type attacks that Fidgit attracts, while Fidgit resists Rock-type attacks and is immune to the Electric-type attacks aimed at Flying-types. Many offensive Flying-types also love the entry hazard support. Spinblockers and Defiant users are almost mandatory partners to prevent and discourage entry hazard removal. Revenankh gets a special mention for handling Colossoil, though it must be physically defensive to counter it. Setup sweepers also enjoy the entry hazard support that this set provides. Cawmodore, Aurumoth, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Altaria are just a few examples.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb is an option to hit Fairy- and Grass-types hard, but it does pitiful damage when coming off of an uninvested Special Attack stat. Moreover, many of the targets hit by Sludge Bomb are also hindered by Taunt, making it hard to justify using. Earth Power can be used to nail Metagross, Heatran, and Mollux for decent damage. Gravity is a another supporting option to let Ground-types sweep much more efficiently and is extended by Persistent. Safeguard can be used to prevent Thunder Wave and Toxic from hurting your team for seven turns. Toxic can be used to stall out foes, but Toxic Spikes is typically better. The last move affected by Persistent is Heal Block, but Taunt is much more useful.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Magic Bounce Users**: Magic Bounce users such as Mega Diancie and Mega Sableye shut down Fidgit's entry hazards as well as Taunt and Encore. However, Trick Room and Tailwind Fidgit can still get around Magic Bounce users.

**Tomohawk**: Tomohawk has the potential to shut down Fidgit with a priority Taunt, as well as being able to use a super effective Earth Power.

**Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Talonflame and Sableye shut down Fidgit's ability to support its team, forcing it to U-turn away uselessly.

**Trick**: Fidgit is ruined by Choice Scarf Trick users such as Mollux and Rotom. On Trick Room teams, you need to be especially careful to not let one of Fidgit's teammates be crippled.

**Entry Hazard Removal**: Rapid Spinners and Defoggers such as Excadrill and Skarmory can easily remove Fidgit's entry hazards.

**Colossoil**: Colossoil is a great check to Fidgit, as it is able to threaten it with Earthquake, remove Fidgit's entry hazards, and bounce back Fidgit's moves with Rebound. However, Fidgit is faster, so it can U-turn out easily and gain momentum against Colossoil.

**Syclant**: Fidgit greatly struggles against Syclant due to it's Ice-type STAB attacks, and the potential to set up with Tail Glow or Spikes.

Last edited:
Overview
- Persistent is awesome, wouldn't hurt to mention this to clarify why it's the best TR setter.
- Also faces competition as a spinner from Tomohawk/Colossoil, which offer significant advantages over Fidgit.

Persistent

- In my opinion, Jolly is the only worthwhile nature, especially since Defense isn't being significantly invested in, so Impish can be removed. Jolly also ensures the "slowest" possible U-turn in Trick Room, which is important for getting teammates in safely.
- Moves 3 and 4 could use a bit of switching around. I propose...

move 4: Encore / Taunt / Protect

This does add a few moves to the set, but I think they're worthwhile additions. My logic is that moveslot 3 defines which secondary support you'd like Fidgit to provide (hazard removal, hazard setting, wish support) and move 4 builds on that. Stealth Rock can be mentioned as an option in move details, but I don't want to muddy up the main set too much. Spikes is really neat for hazard stacking offense + TR/Tailwind archetypes, largely because it breaks Syclant's sash which is great. Other QC peeps should weigh in here as well.

- Mention in set details that max HP investment also allows for bigger Wishes.

Hazard Layer
- U-turn should get its own slot in slot 3, Whirlwind/Encore/Taunt can go to slot four. Being able to safely pivot out of Gothitelle/Colossoil is incredibly important.
- Team options can be expanded a bit, set-up sweepers in general will love having hazard support, DD Mega Altaria, QD/DD Aurumoth, SD Talonflame, BD Cawmodore, etc

Good work with this, QC 1/3

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In regards to spark's comment, for the longest time I completely thought that the Persistent set should be HP/Speed as well. However, on my most recent TR team, I've been running max def, and I really like how much bulkier it is. I still want to test it more, but for now I just want to at least briefly mention the idea.

I agree, a physically defensive and perhaps even a specially defensive variant could be added as alternate spreads in set details. Fidgit is versatile and can be tailored to a team's needs, and it's certainly beneficial to reflect that.

I've mentioned Physically defensive and Specially defensive EV spreads in the Set Details of Persistent. I'm thinking of whether or not I should do the same with Hazards set, but I'm inclined not to. It reduces the effectiveness of Encore, Taunt, and switching out with U-turn.

I agree there, hazard setting Fidgit really appreciates the benefits of base 105 Speed to be investing too much elsewhere.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd remove mentions of Protect on the first set. You may get extra TR turns, but Protect just wastes one when you can just U-turn out and abuse them for longer. Also maybe slash Focus Sash on the hazard stack set as it could make for a good lead.

Specify that Revenanhk has to be Physically Defensive in order to deal with Colo in the team options part, other than that, I'm really happy with this

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A few comments here:

First, I personally would probably lean towards making Taunt the primary slash over Encore on the Persistent set, especially with Trick Room being a primary set and the main EVs maxing out speed. Fidgit is faster than most Pokemon, and will likely be going first. It is also, as mentioned, often used as a lead. In such situations, Encore will do nothing as the opponent will not have moved yet, while Taunt can stop them before they can do anything. Furthermore, with Tick Room, you will likely be going last after it is set up, meaning that an Encore will only get their second move used, and will be used blind. It is still a great option and deserves a slash, but I feel like taunt in general meshes better with the primary suggestions of the set.

The rest of the stuff on the sets looks good, though I do have a few suggestions with regard to the Checks & Counters section.

For Tomohawk, it is listed as if it can come in and shut Fidgit down due to having a certain set. However, Tomo has a million different sets, and it is not unlikely that it will not have those moves. As such, while it can get in fine, it would not be doing much in return. You should make it say more specifically that Tomohawk has the potential to shut down Fidgit with certain sets (also potentially mentioning that it can spin against the hazard set), but that it is not really a true counter as many other variations do little that Fidgit cares about.

Colossoil is another where I would just add a word of caution. Colo is certainly a good switch in, but Fidgit outspeeds Colo (baring max defensive Fidgit vs offensive Colo), and can get out with U-Turn before anything bad happens, taking away a quarter of Colossoil's health in the process. This especially makes switching in a tricky business, as a smart player will be hesitant to lay down hazards until they know if you are rebound or not, and may very well be hitting U-Turn quite often. Now, I'm not saying Colo should not be listed there, as it should, but the current description makes it out as if it were a hard counter, when it is really more of a softer check.

Finally, for the last grouping in that section, I would completely rework that and list either individual key Pokemon, or specific types that it is particularly weak against. I'm not sure off the top of my head if there are any other specific Pokemon of note to mention, but I would like to see it reworked, because, as is, that paragraph is pretty useless. Pretty much every Pokemon in the game has problems with strong attacks that hit them super effectively. What is important for this section is noting specifics that are metagame relevant. Either a Pokemon is specifically a check/counter in which case there should be more specific references (like the others in the analyses), or they just happen to have a move that might be useful but are not actually specific things to worry about, in which case they should be just left out. This last part specifically I would like to see changed before a final QC approval is given, though I will leave it up to you for now as to whether you think any of the things briefly referenced in this point really do deserve to be noted as a check or counter.

I have implemented the above, and replaced Super Effective Moves with Syclant, as it's the most problematic problem for Fidgit that I could immediately think of.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Add
Remove
Comment

[OVERVIEW]

Fidgit is one of the more overlooked Pokemon in this metagame, able to shine shining as one of the best supporters in the tier. This spider can dig up an It has an enormous support movepool, with options including Stealth Rock, Spikes, Encore, Whirlwind, and Taunt. Fidgit is also the cornerstone of Trick Room teams, (RC) thanks to its Persistent ability.To top if all off, Fidgit also has the stats to pull off its supporting capabilities, with nice strong defensive stats and a good speed Speed tier.

However, Fidgit is also very hard to fit into a team. Many other supporting Pokemon, such as Tomohawk, threaten to outclass Fidgit in its supporting roles. As Fidgit is very passive, most powerful attackers are able to switch in freely on it. Fidgit is also susceptible to four-move-slot-syndrome, with a also suffers from four-moveslot syndrome due to the large amount of supportive options that Fidgit wishes it could use at once. Its defenses, while not as frail as some other fast supporters, are often lacking due to its typing, which leaves it weak to common Ground-(AH) and Water-(AH)types. Despite all of his shortcomings, Fidgit is a unique and versatile Pokemon, able to provide support to almost any team it's put on.
(remove line)

[SET]
move 2: U-Turn U-turn
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Trick Room and Tailwind are the definitive moves of this set, taking both take advantage of Fidgit's unique Persistent ability. Trick Room is the move of choice works best for slow teams that utilize many powerful Pokemon., while Tailwind is the alternative, which doubles your team's speed for six turns, which is especially useful for moderately fast attackers. U-Turn U-turn is a valuable pivot move for Fidgit, allowing a Trick Room abuser attacker to switch in for free. On With Tailwind, it allows Fidgit to escape unscathed, switching to another Pokemon to tank the attack. The third slot's moves depend on the support your team appreciates best; if you desperately need entry hazard removal, Rapid Spin is your the best option. Spikes can be used to apply more pressure to the opposing team, (RC) while breaking any Focus Sashes and Sturdy. If healing your team is necessary, then Wish can be used to pass decent amounts of health HP to its Fidgit's teammates. The last moveslot is reserved for disrupting moves. Encore can create lots of set-(RH)up opportunities against set-(RH)up sweepers and supporting Pokemon, while Taunt can prevent both from setting up their boosting moves and entry hazards, respectively.

Set Details
========

The Persistent ability is chosen to extends the duration of Trick Room and Tailwind. The EV spread maximizes Fidgit's Speed, allowing Fidgit to abuse its speed tier, while giving it as much bulk as possible. Maximum HP also happens to lets Fidgit pass larger Wishes, if you choose to use should it be running the move. Black Sludge is used to give Fidgit passive recovery.

Two alternate spreads can be used, instead of max Speed neither of which maximize Speed. 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish nature (why not Bold?) can be used for physical bulkiness, while 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def with a Careful nature (why not Calm?) can be used for maximum special bulk. These spreads are more useful if your team needs more Trick Room/Tailwind multiple speed control setups in order to function.

Usage Tips
========

This Fidgit should often be used as a lead, (RC) unless the opponent has dangerous Pokemon attackers such as Landorus or and Aurumoth, both of which can both force Fidgit out. Trick Room or Tailwind should often be the first move you used, as Fidgit will rarely be doing anything else. Fidgit's team may rely on multiple uses of Trick Room or Tailwind, so keeping it healthy is vital for success.

Team Options
========

The Trick Room variant favors Fidgit should be used with extremely slow Pokemon who that can hit extremely hard, such as Mega-(RH)Camerupt, Sylveon, Crawdaunt, and Azumarill. The Tailwind set favors Fidgit works well alongside moderately speedy fast Pokemon who that are in great need of the appreciate an extra Speed boost, such as provided. Victini, Mega-(RH)Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega-(RH)Gardevoir are great abusers. Fidgit synergizes well with Flying-type Pokemon, who which attract Electric attacks for Fidgit, (RC) while being immune to Ground-(AH)type moves.
(remove line)
(remove line)
(remove line)

[SET]
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Spikes is Fidgit's main niche with this set, being as it is one of the most reliable Spikes stackers setters in the tier. The secondary entry hazard can be either Stealth Rock or Toxic Spikes. If Fidgit is the only capable Stealth Rock user in the on your team, then Stealth Rock should be chosen for the enormous benefits that Stealth Rock it provides. Toxic Spikes are a secondary option should be used if you already have a Stealth Rock user, (RC) and if Toxic stalling is beneficial. U-turn is a very important pivot move for Fidgit, which allows allowing it to escape Gothitelle and Colossoil, as well as bypassing and not be Taunt bait. The last slot is a tossup between various disruptive moves. Whirlwind is a good phazing move that can abuse take advantage of the entry hazards set by Fidgit, but it requires him Fidgit to take a hit. Encore can shut down set-(RH)up sweepers and supporting Pokemon, giving you Fidgit opportunities for setting to set up entry hazards. Lastly, Taunt can outright prevent status moves and stat boosting moves, which is especially potent against passive Pokemon like such as Chansey.

Set Details
========

Vital Spirit prevents sleep status, from moves such as Breloom's Spore. Black Sludge is a great source of passive recovery, giving Fidgit valuable increasing Fidgit's longevity. Focus Sash can be used instead as a if Fidgit is intended to be used as asuicide lead, letting you it set up entry hazards against regardless of opposing Colossoil or Landorus. If you choose to run Focus Sash, it is best to use Encore or Taunt over Whirlwind. Maximum speed Speed with a Jolly nature gives Fidgit a higher speed than most opponents, letting it lets Fidgit avoid slower Taunts users as well as getting in another supporting move before and be able to set up entry hazards against slower attackers. Maximum HP investment is ideal for squeezing out as much bulk makes Fidgit as bulky as possible.

Usage Tips
========

This Fidgit has many of the traits of a good lead, so it is best to use it like one set should be utilized as a lead, setting up entry hazards early on for your team. However, Colossoil with Rebound can pose a problem, as well as the can Pokemon with Magic Bounce ability. If either of these are spotted on the opposing team, spamming U-Turn U-turn is a great idea in order to gain chip damage and momentum against them foes. This set can attempt to force out set up sweepers, but don't count on it to use Whirlwind multiple times in a match, as Fidgit is not a formidable wall. Switching in on slower Electric-(AH)types can be very rewarding if you use Fidgit has Encore, though it might be risky should you mispredict.

Team Options
========

This Fidgit fits onto any team that appreciates entry hazards, especially stall and hyper offensive teams. Fidgit pairs well with Flying-(AH)type Pokemon, as they have excellent type synergy (how so?). Many offensive flyingFlying-types also love the entry hazard support. Spinblockers and Defiant users are almost mandatory partners to prevent and discourage entry hazard removal. Revenankh gets a special mention for handling Colossoil, though it must be physically defensive to counter it. Latias and Cresslia are good partners to handle Landorus, as it which can switch in and fire off launch powerful attacks at Fidgit. Set(remove space)up sweepers also enjoy the entry hazard support that this set provides. Cawmodore, Aurumoth, Mega-(RH)Charizard X, and Mega Altaria are just a few examples.
(remove line)
(remove line)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb is an option to hit Fairies Fairy- and Grass-(AH)types hard, but it does pitiful damage when coming off of an uninvested Special Attack stat. However Moreover, many of the targets hit by Sludge Bomb are also hindered by Taunt, making it hard to justify using. Earth Power can be used to nail Metagross, Heatran, and Mollux for decent damage. Gravity is a another supporting option to let Ground-(AH)types sweep much more efficiently, (RC) and is extended by Persistent. Safeguard can be used to prevent Thunder Wave and Toxic from hurting your team for 7 turns. Toxic Spikes is typically better than Toxic, but is still viable. Toxic can be used to stall out foes, but Toxic Spikes is typically better. The last move affected by Persistent is Heal Block, but Taunt is available and much more useful.

Checks & Counters
===================
(add line)
**Magic Bounce Users**:(colon) This ability shuts down hazard sets, Magic Bounce users such as Mega Diancie and Mega Sableye shut down Fidgit's entry hazards as well as Taunt and Encore. The Persistent set fares better with its field effects. However, Trick Room or Tailwind Fidgit can still get around Magic Bounce users.

**Tomohawk**:(colon) Tomohawk has the potential to shut down Fidgit with a priority Taunt, as well as being able to use a super effective Earth Power (EP isn't the most viable move on Tomohawk).

**Taunt Users**:(colon) Taunt users such as (name some Taunt users) shuts down Fidgit's ability to support its team, forcing it to U-turn away uselessly.

**Trick**:(colon) Fidgit is ruined by Choice Scarf Trick users such as Mollux or and Rotom. On Trick Room teams, you need to be especially careful to not let one of your Fidgit's teammates be ruined crippled.

**Spinners / Defoggers Entry Hazard Removal**:(colon) The Hazards set is almost useless if its hazards can be removed easily. Spinners and Defoggers such as Excadrill and Skarmory can easily remove Fidgit's entry hazards.

**Colossoil**:(colon) Colossoil is a great check to Fidgit, as it is able to threaten it with Earthquake, spin away remove Fidgit's entry hazards, and abuse Rebound to bounce them back Fidgit's moves with Rebound. However, Fidgit is faster, so it can U-turn out easily and gain momentum against Colossoil it, as he is faster.

**Syclant**:(colon) With STAB Fidgit greatly struggles against Syclant due to the latter's Ice-(AH)type STAB attacks, Earth Power, and the potential to set up with Tail Glow or Spikes, Fidgit has a hard time staying in on it.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
**Tomohawk**:(colon) Tomohawk has the potential to shut down Fidgit with a priority Taunt, as well as being able to use a super effective Earth Power (EP isn't the most viable move on Tomohawk).
Snobalt, please stick to GP. You're not QC.

Exclaimer, please leave references to EP if you so choose.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For reference, Earth Power is an excellent move to run on Tomohawk and is in fact quite common.

EDIT: Just to clarify, that's not saying we're unhappy with this because it was flat out wrong. We're unhappy because it is not your job to suggest changes to the actual content of the article when you're doing a GP check. If you see something you think might need change, contact a QC team member or post something about it in the thread for the analysis.

Last edited:

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about that; I just didn't recall that EP was viable on Tomohawk. My bad.

You use Impish/Careful natures so you don't unneccessarily lower the power of U-turn. The little bit more chip damage is worth the little bit of confusion damage.

Aside from that, everything has been implemented. Ready for GP 2.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
[OVERVIEW]

Fidgit is one of the more overlooked Pokemon in this metagame, shining as one of the best supporters in the tier. It has an enormous support movepool, with options including Stealth Rock, Spikes, Encore, Whirlwind, and Taunt. Fidgit is also the cornerstone of Trick Room teams thanks to Persistent. Fidgit also has the stats to pull off its supporting capabilities, with strong defensive stats and a good Speed tier.

However, Fidgit is also very hard to fit into a team. Many other support Pokemon, such as Tomohawk, outclass Fidgit in some of its roles. As FidgBecause it is very passive, most powerful attackers are able to switch in freely on Fidgit. Fidgit also suffers from four-moveslot syndrome due to the large amount of supportive options that Fidgit wishes it could use at once. Its defenses, while not as frail as some other fast supporters, are often lacking due to its typing, which leaves it weak to common Ground- and Water-types.

[SET]
move 2: U-turn
EVevs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Trick Room and Tailwind both take advantage of Fidgit's Persistent. Trick Room works best for slow teams that utilize many powerful Pokemon, while Tailwind is especially useful for moderately fast attackers. U-turn is a valuable pivot move for Fidgit, allowing a Trick Room attacker to switch in for free. With Tailwind, it allows Fidgit to escape unscathed, switching to another Pokemon to tank the attack. The third slot's moves depend on the support your team appreciates best; if you desperately need entry hazard removal, Rapid Spin is the best option. Spikes can be used to apply more pressure to the opposing team, while breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Wish can be used to pass decent amounts of HP to Fidgit's teammates. Encore can create lots of set up opportunities against set up sweepers and supporting Pokemon, while Taunt can prevent both from setting up their boosting moves and entry hazards, respectively.

Set Details
========

Persistent extends the duration of Trick Room and Tailwind. The EV spread maximizes Speed while giving Fidgit as much bulk as possible. Maximum HP EVs also lets Fidgit pass larger Wishes, should it be running the move. Black Sludge is used to give Fidgit passive recovery.

Two alternate spreads can be used, neither of which maximize Speed. 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with an Impish nature can be used for physical bulk, whilemaximum physical bulk, and 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def with a Careful nature can be used for maximum special bulk. These spreads are more useful if your team needs multiple sSpeed control setups in order to function.

Usage Tips
========

Fidgit should often be used as a lead unless the opponent has dangerous attackers such as Landorus and Aurumoth, both of which can force Fidgit out. Trick Room or Tailwind should often be the first move used, as Fidgit will rarely be doing anything else. Fidgit's team may rely on multiple uses of Trick Room or Tailwind, so keeping it healthy is vital for success.

Team Options
========

Trick Room Fidgit should be used with slow Pokemon that can hit extremely hard, such as Mega Camerupt, Sylveon, Crawdaunt, and Azumarill. Tailwind Fidgit works well alongside moderately fast Pokemon that appreciate an extra speed boost, such as Victini, Mega Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Gardevoir. Fidgit synergizes well with Flying-type Pokemon, which attract Electric attacks for Fidgit while being immune to Ground-type moves.

[SET]
EVevs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Spikes is Fidgit's main niche with this set, as it is one of the most reliable Spikes setters in the tier. If Fidgit is the only capable Stealth Rock user on your team, then Stealth Rock should be chosen for the enormous benefits that it provides. Toxic Spikes should be used if you already have a Stealth Rock user and if Toxic stalling is beneficial. U-turn is a very important pivot move for Fidgit, allowing s it allows Fidgit to escape Gothitelle and Colossoil, and not be Taunt bait. Whirlwind is a good phazing move that can take advantage of the entry hazards set by Fidgit, but it requires Fidgit to take a hit. Encore can shut down setup sweepers and supporting Pokemon, giving Fidgit opportunities to set up entry hazards. Lastly, Taunt can prevent status moves and boosting moves, which is especially potent against passive Pokemon such as Chansey.
(remove blank line)
(remove blank line)

Set Details
========

Vital Spirit prevents sleep from moves such as Breloom's Spore. Black Sludge is a great source of passive recovery, increasing Fidgit's longevity. Focus Sash can be used if Fidgit is intended to be used as a suicide lead, letting it set up entry hazards against opposing Colossoil orand Landorus. If you choose to run Focus Sash, it is best to use Encore or Taunt over Whirlwind. Maximum Speed with a Jolly nature lets Fidgit avoid slower Taunt users and be able to set up entry hazards against slower attackers. Maximum HP investment makes Fidgit as bulky as possible.

Usage Tips
========

This set should be utilized like a lead, setting up entry hazards early on for your team. However, Rebound Colossoil with Rebound can pose a problem, as can Pokemon with Magic Bounce. If either of these are spotted on the opposing team, spamming U-turn is a great idea in order to gain chip damage and momentum against foes. This set can attempt to force out set up sweepers, but don't count on it to use Whirlwind multiple times in a match, as Fidgit is not a formidable wall. Switching in on slower Electric-types can be very rewarding if Fidgit has Encore, though it might be risky should you mispredict.
(remove blank line)

Team Options
========

Fidgit fits onto any team that appreciates entry hazards, especially stall and hyper offense teams. Fidgit pairs well with Flying-type Pokemon, as they have excellent type synergy, asnd they are immune to the Ground-type attacks that Fidgit attracts, while Fidgit resists the Rock-type attacks and is immune to the Electric-type attacks aimed at Flying-types. Many offensive Flying-types also love the entry hazard support. Spinblockers and Defiant users are almost mandatory partners to prevent and discourage entry hazard removal. Revenankh gets a special mention for handling Colossoil, though it must be physically defensive to counter it. Latias and Cresslia are good partners to handle Landorus, which can switch in and launch powerful attacks at Fidgit. Setup sweepers also enjoy the entry hazard support that this set provides. Cawmodore, Aurumoth, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Altaria are just a few examples.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb is an option to hit Fairy- and Grass-types hard, but it does pitiful damage when coming off of an uninvested Special Attack stat. Moreover, many of the targets hit by Sludge Bomb are also hindered by Taunt, making it hard to justify using. Earth Power can be used to nail Metagross, Heatran, and Mollux for decent damage. Gravity is a another supporting option to let Ground-types sweep much more efficiently and is extended by Persistent. Safeguard can be used to prevent Thunder Wave and Toxic from hurting your team for 7seven turns. Toxic can be used to stall out foes, but Toxic Spikes is typically better. The last move affected by Persistent is Heal Block, but Taunt is much more useful.
(remove blank line)

Checks & and Counters
===================

**Magic Bounce Users**: Magic Bounce users such as Mega Diancie and Mega Sableye shut down Fidgit's entry hazards as well as Taunt and Encore. However, Trick Room and Tailwind Fidgit can still get around Magic Bounce users.

**Tomohawk**: Tomohawk has the potential to shut down Fidgit with a priority Taunt, as well as being able to use a super effective Earth Power.

**Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Talonflame and Sableye shut down Fidgit's ability to support its team, forcing it to U-turn away uselessly.

**Trick**: Fidgit is ruined by Choice Scarf Trick users such as Mollux and Rotom. On Trick Room teams, you need to be especially careful to not let one of Fidgit's teammates be crippled.

**Entry Hazard Removal**: Rapid Spinners and Defoggers such as Excadrill and Skarmory can easily remove Fidgit's entry hazards.

**Colossoil**: Colossoil is a great check to Fidgit, as it is able to threaten it with Earthquake, remove Fidgit's entry hazards, and bounce back Fidgit's moves with Rebound. However, Fidgit is faster, so it can U-turn out easily and gain momentum against Colossoil.

**Syclant**: Fidgit greatly struggles against Syclant due to ithe latter's Ice-type STAB attacks, and the potential to set up with Tail Glow or Spikes.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)