ORAS Ubers Palkia and Primal Groudon Core Team

Team at a Glance

Team Building Process

I wanted to try off a team utilizing Palkia and decided to make Groudon part of the team since his Primal form resists Fairy. Scizor was then added since he takes care Xerneas after Geomancy and Bullet Punch does about half and any fire attack can be eaten up by both Palkia and Groudon. Shaymin-Sky was my next choice since Darkrai is a problem and so are pokemon that are faster than my team, Plus it's scarfed which outspeeds a lot of things in ubers. I needed a 2 defense wall and I choose Xerneeas as one since he can also work as a cleric with Aromtherapy. Finally the Great Wall Lugia was my last choice and I needed a bit more bulk in the team.

In-Depth Analysis

Daqaun (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
This Physically offensive behemoth tears through a things in the ubers metagame. Rock Polish to get faster on a predicted switch. Stone Edge is for Salamence and Ho-Oh which even after an intimidate from Salamence won't take it very well. Fire Punch boosted in the sun with a massive Atk is a big threat to Aegislash, Dialga and the occasional Ferrothorn. Precipice Blades is well for P-Kyogre, which almost always OHKO unless it's the bulky variant but still does about 90% to it.
The Nickname cames from the jokes about Daquan's mixtape which they say is fire meaning it's really good.

The Big P (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
Then second main star of the team is Palkia. It's the simple set that allows me to get a thunder wave off which not only helps Palkia but other teammates like Scizor, Xerneas and Lugia (maybe Groudon). I thought about Draco Meteor but the SpA drop isn't worth it so I went with Spacial Rend. Hydro Pump over Surf allows for more power and boosted by the Lustrous Orb for lower accuracy. Fire Blast helps for annoying steel or grass types that come if Groudon is out. The EVs allow for maximum speed and a good SpA. The nickname was one I thought of when I first got Pokemon Pearl. If you look carefully, Palkia's head kinda of looks like a...male genital....

BoneSaw (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower
- U-turn
Geomancy Xerneas OHKO's Palkia and sometimes Groudon which poses a problem that Mega Scizor solves. Bullet Punch does about 58% to Xerneas and can 2HKO on a clean switch. U-turn is best for scouting or predicting a switch to have the upperhand. Roost is mandatory to make sure I stay alive and Superpower is for Arceus-Normal which almost always sets up a S-Sword Dance before attacking allowing me to then hit it with a bullet punch. The nickname is actually from Spider-Man the movie. Randy Savage the wrestler was in it and his name in the movie was BoneSaw and I thought it was fitting for Mega Scizor.

Hax God (Shaymin-Sky) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Probably the reason some of the battles I have had with this team are forfeits is because of this guy. I used to use Choice Specs but I needed something to outspeed Mewtwo and Choice Scarf seemed to work better. Air Slash works well with Palkia's T-Wave which almost always guarantees a kill. Seed Flare works good against Lugia and Chansey but lowering their impenetrable defenses. Earth Power hits fire and rock types that can hurt Shaymin, Scizor or Lugia. HP Fire is finally for ice types because only Scizor takes ice attacks resisted. The name comes from a Youtuber called TheHeatedMo who's nickname is the Hax God because most of his battles involve him inflicting status on his opponents and his favorite are flinches.

Yung Deer (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
Instead of the Geomancy set, I went with the Special Wall set. Aromatherapy helps heal Pokemon like Lugia, Scizor and Palkia who are weak to burn, paralyze or toxic. Rest and Sleep Talk work together to heal up HP and awaken with Aromatherapy. Moonblast is pretty simple for being the only offensive move and the regular lowering of SpA. Only a Psystrike from Mewtwo or Flash Cannon from Geomancy Xerneas have ever OHKO this pokemon in my battles. The nickname is from Xerneas being the life Pokemom so you associate that with youth and he is based of a deer from Norse Mythology.

Typhoon (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Aeroblast
- Whirlwind
The Final Member of the team is my Physical wall Lugia. Toxic helps lower Pokemon slowly while working with Roost to keep him alive while the opponent slowly withers away. Aeroblast is solely for offense with a crit here and there. Whirlwind is to stop anything that's set up from sweeping which can prove to be a problem for me. All EVs went to HP and Def to make sure he can eat up almost any physical hit.

So yeah that is the team and no stupid comments that aren't productive to the thread would be appreciated.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hi there!

Your team looks pretty good, but the first thing I noticed is your lack of hazard control. You don't have Stealth Rock OR Defog which is an issue, especially considering Lugia really, really wants rocks off its side of the field. To fix these issues, I would suggest Stealth Rock over Rock Polish on Primal Groudon. I would also change the EV Spread to 244 Atk/176 SDef/88 Spe. This lets you take a +2 Xerneas Focus Blast and a Timid Latios Draco Meteor after taking Stealth Rock damage as regular Groudon. I would also replace Superpower with Defog on Mega Scizor. This gives you the ability to control the hazard game pretty well, and Lugia does a decent job of checking EKiller as it is. Replacing Hidden Power Fire with Healing Wish on Shaymin-Sky is another good idea, as Ubers has very few Ice-Types, and said Ice-Types are rarely seen. Healing Wish lets you revive one Pokemon that is at low health, which is especially beneficial if you need something to get healed in order to check something else.

Other things include having either 248 or 0 HP EVs on your Pokemon so as to have an odd HP value so as to take slightly less damage from Stealth Rock.

Other raters can come on and suggest things I may have missed, but I basically optimized some sets without replacing any Pokemon.
Good luck and have fun!

Thx 8-Bit Luster! I noticed while using this team that StealthRocks did cause trouble but didn't think it would be that bad. The Groudon changes might help break some sashes and multiscales. I wanted to keep SuperPower on Scizor but I guess Defog is better in the overall game. I'll change HP to Healing Wish and see how that works. Thx for the advice again!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)