The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

I'm on an Emerald playthrough, and my Aron gets to 32 and evolves during the Fortree Gym, so I lead with it against Winona (I taught it Rock Tomb). I take advantage of her Swablu's inability to touch me to set up two Double Teams (also by TM) and then OHKO with Rock Tomb (why didn't it Perish Song?). She goes straight into Altaria, which, if you recall, has Earthquake. Naturally, she uses it. I watch my HP bar drop into the red...and then stop, leaving me with 13 HP.

My Lairon lived an Earthquake. That's a double-weakness, folks. I Rock Tomb it down to the berry, then on the next turn I get a little cocky and decide to heal, although if Altaria crits, I'm in trouble. Then this happened:
"Foe Altaria used Earthquake!"
"Foe Altaria's attack missed!"
Because of the Rock Tomb from the previous turn, I then outsped and whacked it. My beloved Lairon then held out against Skarmory for a time (finally bowing out to Steel Wing), and from there my Marshtomp blew through the rest of the team with Ice Beam. By far the most thrilling Gym battle I've ever fought.

I had the fortune of finding and catching a shiny Jigglypuff in the Safari Zone in Soul Silver. When i played Heart Gold I got to the Safari Zone I found.....a shiny Jigglypuff. Needless to day I caught that one as well

This happened just an hour ago and I need to share it:
So I was doing a Wi-Fi Battle against some random person and I was having a difficult time thanks to her Milotic from Hell. It was a Rest+Sleep Talk set, constant healing, enjoying a Defense boost courtesy of Marvel Scale, and constantly phazing out my Mega Slowbro with Dragon Tail. Eventually I figured out that the only way to win was to have the remaining Pokémon on my team to get knocked out. By the time this happened, my opponent only had three Pokémon left (I had whittled the rest down successfully thanks to her constant switching). All she had left was Milotic, Infernape and Slaking (Retaliate on that thing is powerful). I was able to just set up about 5 Calm Minds and kept Resting off the damage until I was ready to launch my assault. To see Broseiden nearly OHKO that Milotic made me so very happy. Then it proceded to OHKO the Slaking (the Infernape having died eariler due to a mispredict my opponent made, thinking I would take advantage of Slaking's Truant to set up another Calm Mind when I used Scald instead).

Here's the Battle Video if anyone wants to see it:
2GJW-WWWW-WWXP-LQYE

Now that I shared this, I feel better since that match nearly drove me mad.

I've had my high points: hatching my flawless 5IV Fenniken, Foxfire, who is a female (1 in 8 chance), catching Heatran, Xerneas, and Yveltal in Shuffle yesterday, but those are probably the higher points that I've had.

But there was also this time on Showdown that I happened to encounter my first rude opponent. Just a random match in the morning. I wasn't doing so good, constantly making minor mistakes, putting myself at a disadvantage. By rude, this dude first told me to "suck his dick", and when I politely told him "Excuse me? I'll take that as a typo", politely giving him the chance to retract and apologize for his rudeness, but not getting the hint, he proceeded to repeat his vulgar comment. If I was a little more alert, and in a better position, I probably would have proposed removing instead of sucking the source of his inappropriate comment, in jest of course.
He also called me a "noobi", because I just wasn't playing well at first, and half my Pokémon were nearly down to half health, due to constantly switching out. It looked like I might loose, until my rental Cobalion managed to knock out his rental Florges.
After that, he did the Showdown equivalent of D/Cing. You can see it here, if you want: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-222146094

Using Scarf Iron Head Jirachi to flinch the opponent 8 times in a row, resulting in a win from a guaranteed-loss situation (this was on the ladder). The words the opponent uses by the fourth flinch is a sight to behold :-)

Fought an oponent with a stall-switch team centered around a damn bulky harvest Trevenant.

He had four Pokemon with more then two thirds health, and I had three, two in the red and one full-health Azumarill.
I sacrificed my red-healthed Pokemon, including Scizor and relying on a flinch to KO the damn tree. (After 8 or so turns, with me using rest.)
So I have Azumarill and I downed his only defense - the rest are weak to fairy or water.
I belly drummed and OHKOd the rest.

He was telling me to give up two turns before.

Pokemon Red Version, I caught Mewtwo at 1 percent health and poisoned, with a pokeball.

In silver version, I never understood why people thought shinies were rare - I ran into them all the time. One of my goals was catching one of each Pokemon, and I had 43. I got busy later and didn't finish, but yeah.

Back in RBY, in a final 1v1 I used Metronome on my Togetic. I used Hydro Pump on a Magmar. I felt so awesome.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In 2g against Clair in blackthorn city.

I remember that i really couldn't get her 2 dragonairs, and after that kingdra just owned me.

So i caught a fantastic Delibird that owned the two dragonairs and the rest of my team just get kingdra very easily.

That's why i can't hate this pokemon on showdown! :p

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not as much an "amazing thing" as "stroke of dumb luck", but still...

The other day, I was SR-ing for an Azelf in OR. The Smogon analysis says that a Naive nature is preferred for it, but I didn't have a Naive Synchronizer, so I decided to go for Jolly instead.

However, I was out of luck. It seemed like I got a Calm or Careful nature half the time, and whenever Synchronize kicked in and I got a Jolly one, its 3 good IVs were placed in something like HP and Sp. Def. After much ado, however, I got a Jolly one with good IVs in HP, Attack and Defense, and I had really gone tired of soft-resetting, so I decided to go for that one. Just as I was marching towards the PC to deposit it, my phone started ringing, my mom was calling me, and I pressed the "Start" button on the 3DS to pause the game and turn off the sound.

Except that wasn't the Start button. It was the Power button. Buh-bye, decent Azelf!

After the phone call, I decided to give Azelf one last chance before I went to bed. I booted up the 3DS again, put my hand into that hole in the Nameless Cavern, and met and captured another Azelf. I then flew to the Battle Resort to see if its stats were any decent.

Naive with perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk and Speed.

Thanks, mom!

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm breeding a bunch of HA good IV female Ferroseeds and going to WT them (60% of them will be HA, but I won't bother to check because you need to evolve it to find out). Then I'll watch the world burn as people evolve those Ferroseeds and find an Anticipate Ferrothorn, or unknowingly use them as parents and WT HA spitbacks away to repeat the cycle.

I'm breeding a bunch of HA good IV female Ferroseeds and going to WT them (60% of them will be HA, but I won't bother to check because you need to evolve it to find out). Then I'll watch the world burn as people evolve those Ferroseeds and find an Anticipate Ferrothorn, or unknowingly use them as parents and WT HA spitbacks away to repeat the cycle.
You are a sadistic psychopath...high five!!!!

You are a completely sadistic psychopath. And I don't mean that in a good way. Sure, it'll be funny to hear that from others, when they are the victims of this cruel, cruel prank, and not us, and I'd never use an English Ferroseed to breed (I already have a shiny 5IV Ferrothorn), but I'd be raging if I worked hard to breed and raise a proper 5 IV Ferroseed, using this nice Ferroseed I got from a Wonder Trade to help the process along, only for the end result to loose Iron Barbs upon evolution, and take into consideration that I take time to bond with my Pokémon in Amie and EV train them in Super Training, so you'll understand when I say that I'd "want to throttle whoever had the audacity who gave me a fucking Anticipation Ferroseed"!

If this is the "most amazing" thing you've ever done in Pokémon, I don't know whether I should pity you, or condemn you. All I know is that if I receive any foreign Ferroseeds, I'd better evolve them first before thinking of using them for breeding from now on.

Last edited:
Open your Vs. Recorder while connected to the internet on the PSS.
Input this code.
YEDW-WWWW-WWXT-NLBE

It's a disgustingly amazing win in a 1 vs. 6 battle.

Open your Vs. Recorder while connected to the internet on the PSS.
Input this code.
YEDW-WWWW-WWXT-NLBE

It's a disgustingly amazing win in a 1 vs. 6 battle.
Psyshock? On a Metagross? What a n00b! No wonder he lost!

Though to be fair, your Mewtwo is very powerful, and is very tough to knock out. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)