Project OU Teambuilding Competition V6 (Round 7:Building Stage) R6 winner Archphantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty Sick defensive core. This will be fun to mess around with. With hazard stacking we can fool around with wallbreakers that enjoy hazard stacking.
Me and ciel got dis in the bag.

Yeah I know that means we can't use aegislash but I'm asking if we should consider it as a threat when building, like in our explanation could we possibly have "mandibuzz is here to counter aegislash", for example.

Scotti

we back.
Team 1

This is a Sand Balance team, that aims to rack up unbearable amounts of chip damage in order to open up a sweep for one of its faster threats. Garchomp and Skarmory are able to reliably get up SR and Spikes multiple times throughout the game, as well as phaze the opposing team to soften them up. With the combination of Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet, Garchomp is able to not only get more chip damage, but punishes any attempts to use Rapid Spin by chunking roughly a 3rd of the enemies' health. With the 1st two pokemon already being immune to Sand Storm damage, Choice Scarfed Tyranitar is a nice addition as it gets even more chip damage with Sand Storm and Pursuit, whilst also being able to clean late game or cripple threats and set up sand for Excadrill. Excadrill is the obvious choice for a sand balance team as a crazy fast hard hitter with good coverage. Excadrill also clears out hazards on its side of the field while keeping up the hazards placed by its own team. Serperior, being a fast hard hitting grass type, is able to stall break nicely as well as take out most pokemon that Excadrill and Tyranitar can't. Serperior can also become a win condition if its own checks are removed, and can punish Defoggers by gaining a haxy evasion boost. Lastly, with Skarmory and Garchomp taking physical hits like champs, the team needed something to take a couple special hits. Specially defensive Mega Altaria does just that, as well as providing Heal Bell support to help in the team's sustainability. Malt also handles many threats such as Rotom-W extremely well, which is a massive boon for the team.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Speed
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Team 2

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
IVs: 30 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

I made this team really quickly to be honest but in my first few games it worked very well. Skarmory + Garchomp will probably bring many fat hazards stacking teams but I want to try something else and go for a HO team. Team is pretty weak to Sand Rush Excadrill, Special Mega Altaria and Latios, but I have reliable ways to revenge kill them. First of all there is the standard Salac Skarmory. I actually wanted to use Azelf as my suicide lead after looking at my team now but Skarmory still does a great job. I chose not to go for Brave Bird because I want to prevent rocks to support Thundurus and Kyurem-B but I also want to get rid of Mega Diancie soon in the match. SubSalac Garchomp was a set I always wanted to try out and because this was just the start of the team I didn't see a reason not to go for it. Thundurus is here because this is an HO team but the most surprising thing about this set is Grass Knot, which lures in Hippowdon and Quagsire so Garchomp and Infernape can sweep easier. I chose to go for HP Ice over Nasty Plot because I want to get rid of bulky ground types (Landorus-T, Garchomp) as soon as possible. I choose Infernape as my 4th slot because I needed something for Bisharp and I didn't really want to go for Keldeo. Mach Punch helps against a lot of pokemon such as Mega Lopunny, Excadrill and Bisharp who are all big threats to HO. Scarf Kyurem-Black helps revengekilling Keldeo, BD Azumarill, Mega Manectric and Mega Altaria. I went for a slightly special based set because I want to get rid of Mega Metagross and Mega Manectric. Without Earth Power Mega Metagross easily gets kills even though the team is not all that slow and not being locked into Outrage to kill Mega Manectric is very nice. I just went max speed so I can also hit stuff like Timid Volcarona and Scarf Landorus-T. Mega Alakazam is my only way to defeat rain teams and it is very important to mega early in the match so you get the Swift Swim directly. This team can get around many threats to HO:
Dragon Dancers: Only choice locked Kyurem-B or Infernape give Dragon Dancers opportunities to set up. If they do get a DD off there is always Thundurus to save me
Sand Rush Excadrill: Mach Punch on Infernape does a lot but if it is balloon excadrill it can still sweep me because mach punch without recoil damage does not enough damage to finish it off from full HP. If Mega Zam has already mega'd, it traces Sand Rush and kills Excadrill
Mega Lopunny: Revengekilling with Kyurem-B, Mega Alakazam or Mach Punch Infernape. But they all 3 have their flaws to revenge kill them 100% reliable (choice locked, not outspeeding pre-mega, mach doesn't kill at full)
Talonflame: Many pokemon can beat it 1v1 and Garchomp and Thundurus are good in getting some chip damage off. If it gets a SD off it is gg tho.

Team 3

So I figured most people would be going for a hazard core with this pair, but I wanted to try something different out. I decided to go with a dual berry core instead, opting for Custap Skarm and Salac Chomp. Custap Skarm is a great lead for getting up your own hazards, plus it’s decent at stopping hazards or set up sweepers from the opposing side. SubSalac Chomp is a really underrated/underused set at the moment, and it really appreciates entry hazard support from Skarm. It also boasts great power after a boost and uses some of its usual checks like Ferro and Celebi as set up bait. Belly Drum Azumarill is my secondary sweeper, and it helps limit opposing priority users plus it shares some nice synergy with Garchomp. I wanted a powerful specially based breaker next and have found success with M-Alakazam before. I added him to the team because he has such a good match-up against offense and can also be an effective late game cleaner and/or revenge killer. Next I added Modest Scarf Keldeo because it pairs well with M-Alakazam and boasts good power and speed for a scarfer. The last slot was dedicated to having a flying check, but I wanted something that could surprise opponents too. I considered Raikou, but that would have left the team without an Earthquake switch-in, so I made use of a rarely seen Specs Rotom-W set. Choice Specs actually gives Rotom quite a bit of power, and it gets some great super effective coverage with Electric/Water/Ice. It even has enough speed and power to outpace and OHKO threats like TankChomp. Trick nails opposing switch-ins who think they’re facing the standard defensive washing machine. All in all, a fun HO team to use that surprises a lot of opponents with some underused sets.

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Team 4

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

This is a spike-stacking offence team built around a criminally underrated threat in Mega Alakazam who has a really good matchup against a lot of common builds in this metagame, especially versus Balance and Offense teams. Modest is used on the Mega Zam set for the extra power so, as a result, Protect is necessary on him, otherwise he would easily be outsped and KOed by 108+ base speed mons before mega evolving. Bisharp was a fairly obvious choice in the next slot, finding his way on this team for the same reason as many other Spike-Stacking Teams: Pursuit trapping the two most common hazard removers in OU and providing that invaluable defiant to take advantage of and consequently deter defog. Specs Keldeo was chosen next for its dark resistance and amazing power which makes it incredibly hard to switch into; especially on spikes stacking teams such as these. It really appreciates the Pursuit support provided by Bisharp enabling it to threaten the vast majority of teams who use Lati@s as their Keldeo check. Finally, Raikou is the team's electric check and flying resist, sporting an Assault Vest to take on a wide array of threats. He's also a useful pivot into Keldeo and Bisharp, for wallbreaking and pursuit trapping respectively. Overall, this team is a capable team which is fun, easy to use and effective in practice.

Team 5

As soon as I saw the Skarm + Chomp core I knew right away that I wanted to make it a full stall team, as Garchomp stall is something I've been wanting to build for a while. I wanted to utilize an effective method of racking up passive damage which is spike stacking + dtailing with chomp. The spdef Skarm set allows it to wall mons like Gardevoir, Latis (it even avoids 2hko from tias hp fire), and Diancie to a greater extent than the standard physically defensive set. Spikes are extremely useful for all teams; Defog is a nice move to fall back on if there are too many hazards for my liking; and Iron Head allows Skarm to kill the pokemon that it walls - Diancie and Gardevoir. As for the Garchomp set I realized that the RestTalk one would offer the most survivability and would be an extremely effective phazer. The speed EVs allow Garchomp to outspeed Jolly Bisharp. Next up is Unaware Clefable, which is crucial for walling pokemon such as Manaphy, Belly Drum Azumarill, and many more. I realized that Quagsire would be unnecessary as I already have a stellar Bisharp wall and Manaphy is a massive threat to stall in general. This Clefable set also offers support in the form of Wish and Heal Bell. After this I decided that a sort of blanket check to a myriad of special attackers would be extremely useful, so I chose one of the pink blobs. Blissey is used over Chansey here due to its nice Leftovers recovery as well as its superior ability to wall Landorus-I and also somewhat Gengar. Flamethrower, the only non-standard move here, is used to hurt standard pokemon that annoy Blissey such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Bisharp (mostly a threat if Pursuit). The spread allows Blissey to beat modest Lando-I that have Focus Blast. Next we have the very useful wall Mega Venusaur, which completely messes up so many teams at this point in the metagame. It mainly walls Azumarill, Gyarados, Keldeo, Mega Altaria, and many other pokemon that would be large threats to the team otherwise. Hidden Power Fire is used because Scizor and Ferrothorn are problematic otherwise. The extra spdef investment allows Venusaur to tank hits from Gengar, Thundurus, and Keldeo much better. Last but not least we have lord Slowbro, which just does so many things for the team. It beats Zard X, Keldeo, Lopunny, Talonflame, and has the amazing ability Regenerator. Overall this is a very effective team that I have been using to great success recently and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Team 6

I decided to build an offensive team around Volcarona seeing as SkarmChomp handles a lot of what threatens it. Volcarona is p cool atm cause it destroys the fat balance cores that have been running around while being quite capable vs offense. Went Passho Berry Volc to set up on waters like Keldeo and take a Jet from Azumarill which can be pretty nasty for my build. Next, I added M-Diancie to A-provide anti hazard support for Volc, B-provide a second Birdspam check, and C-give the team a second Draco switch in. It also makes Zard X less threatening. Offensive Starmie was my pick for hazard removal because it deters spinblockers from spinblocking, and Analytic-boosted attacks lets it double as a wallbreaker. Finally, Scarf Latias was added to give my team a solid revenge killer and a way to cripple walls and CM users thanks to Trick. Latias also reduces the team's weakness to electrics like MegaMan, Thundurus and Raikou. Opted for Latias>Latios cause she has Healing Wish and is bulkier. Yep, that's the team.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Team 7

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Pretty standard stall/semi-stall team. Quick highlights:
  • Mixed bulk TankChomp is pretty good. Checks a lot of physical attackers. Provides Rocks and phazing. EVs allow it to outspeed base 70s like Adamant Bish/Breloom, and then give it good mixed bulk.
  • SDef Skarm checks a ton of Fairies as well as Metagross. Provides Defog support as well. Iron Head > Brave Bird to beat Fairies. Counter surprises some physical attackers.
  • Unaware Clefable completes the Fairy-Dragon-Steel defensive core. EVs allow it to beat most Manaphy in Rain while also checking Gallade. Wish and Heal Bell support keeps teammates, primarily Chomp, healthy.
  • Reuniclus checks Lopunny reliably without fearing Ice Punch (unlike Chomp), while also stallbreaking and providing a wincon. Shadow Ball beats bulky Psychic types, and Clef beats Mega Sableye.
  • My own Mega Sableye provides a ton of general support for the team. Very good at preventing annoying mons like Rachi and Ferro from doing pretty much anything. Utility Mega Eye has more impact than CM Eye at this point, with Foul Play screwing over some conventional Eye checks.
  • Talonflame came last. Checks a bunch of stuf like Char-Y and Landorus. Also adds some much needed priority. Bulk Up makes it a secondary wincon, in addition to stallbreaking defensive teams.

Team 8

So starting with the core of Skarmory and Garchomp I wanted to take a different approach to it. I went with Salac Skarm with max Atk/Speed in order to get up as much hazards as possibly while also if the chances arises to smack something with a max attack bb or iron head. Skarm still however functions as a suicide lead. Next up in the core we had Garchomp. Kinda like Skarm I took another approach at it by using Sub+SD Garchomp. This turns chomp into a scary set up sweeper and when behind a sub is very dangerous and serves as a win condition. Salac Berry was given as a held item as it boosts chomps speed which can sometimes prevent him from sweeping otherwise. Next up I chose Clefable for a third team member Instead of going with the standard cm set with flamethrower I went with stored power allowing Clefable once all of its checks/counters are gone to sweep and despite being slow it becomes really difficult to take out once at max Special Defense. Also serves as a check of sorts to Mega Lop. Seeing as every team needs a Mega Evolution mega bunny was chosen to be the mega evolution and with its ability to break common balance and HO teams it allows Clefable who can sometimes struggle setting up vs fast paced teams more chances to set up. PuP was picked in the last slot as it allows lop to boost her already good attack stat also allowing it to break some 'Mons she would have trouble breaking past otherwise. From this point on we needed something to handle water types, namely Keldeo. Bulky Starmie was chosen as it completely shuts down sub/cm as well as scarf sets which can revenge lop as well as terak if were not careful. On top of this, Starm removes hazards giving Lop and Terrak more switch ins. Last off Terrakion got picked as the last team member and was the perfect Pokemon to take advantage of all the set up sweepers and lop. Scarf Terrak is simply amazing as not only does it have a great speed tier but is REALLY strong making it the perfect late game cleaner to remove all of the weakened 'Mons. Overall fairy types might trouble this team so sometimes it might be smart to save Skarm instead of suicide leading with it as being able to weaken clef for Terrak and Lop is really important.

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stored Power

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Power-Up-Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Team 9

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 24 Atk / 228 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Explanation: Ah, good ol' underrated Mega Garchomp. This team is obviously around Mega Garchomp and its raw power and also lead Custap Skarm, the set I find the most effective on the Steel bird. You cant make a Mega Chomp team without sand, and of course Tyranitar is the sand abuser Im gonna choose. This set isnt your standard TTAR set.. It has a quiet nature with max spattack and carries ice beam to bop the Landos and Hippowdons that think ''its a free switch''. you also gotta roll with Drill, obviously. LO Jolly with SD is the set I decided to use, since Jolly outspeeds RP LandoI, and the aditional power that adamant provides isnt that necessary. The team was struggling against Mega Lop, so Physically defensive Celebi with NP+BP seemed like the perfect mon, since Celebi is amazing on sand. To recieve the Nasty Plot boost, there's Scarf Keldeo (carrying HP electric), that helps check stuff like Bisharp, Scizor and also Mega Lop, in case Celebi doesnt manage to beat it 1v1. :]

Team 10

I decided to go with specially defensive skarmory cuz it's a great set atm and can set up spikes; garchomp sets up SR as well as making people hesitate to spam u-turn, and it can handle physical attackers that lack ice coverage decently such as mega metagross and mega lopunny. Next since I have a hazard stacking core I needed something to abuse that. I decided to go with mega beedrill because I wanted to try it out and because it forces lots of switches it helps me abuse spike stacking to the fullest. U-turn from mega beedrill, volt switch from magnezone, and spikes and SR really wear down answers to beedrill really fast especially when the best ones are either trapped by magnezone or lack reliable recovery. Often, after everything is weakened, beedrill can just get an easy sweep. Since I am hazard stacking I can't run defog because that's defeats the purpose and that's stupid so I decided to go with starmie as a rapid spinner. Needed spin for mega beedrill and because like half my team lacks recovery and I don't really like excadrill as a spinner outside of sand and having 3 ground types on one team is kind of a bad idea. Landorus-t is finally added as bird check and zard x check which can otherwise run straight through this team, as well as forming part of a volt turn core with beedrill and mag. Pretty nice team that actually did decently on the suspect ladder getting me 6 wins in a row until I missed 2 dragon tails in a row :/ It's basically just hazard stacking combined with volt turn which wears stuff down pretty fast.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Counter
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Team 11

Started the team defining sets for both Skarmory and Garchomp (went phys. def. with hazards on both) and then adding bisharp to the core as it lets me make defoggers think twice before they try to whipe out the hazards I have put in the field. Then I put Starmie as a spinner (offensive with HP Fire to lure in ferro for Altaria and psyshock to kill Keldeo) and mono attacker Cotton Guard Altaria to deal with common set up sweepers and improve my matchup against a broad range of offensive teams. Finally, I chose to add Clefable to improve my coverage, since it deals with things like Thundurus and Kyurem-B (whom otherwise would have given a lot of trouble to my team).

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 200 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Cotton Guard
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Voting ends Sunday, April 26 at 11:59 est

I vote for team 4

Last edited:
Team 7 has a Reuniclus. Just because of that it's gained a couple of votes already. However I'm going to vote for Team 4 because it looks seriously solid and it's probably the one I'd use if I had to choose between these teams.

Team 1

This is a Sand Balance team, that aims to rack up unbearable amounts of chip damage in order to open up a sweep for one of its faster threats. Garchomp and Skarmory are able to reliably get up SR and Spikes multiple times throughout the game, as well as phaze the opposing team to soften them up. With the combination of Rough Skin and Rocky Helmet, Garchomp is able to not only get more chip damage, but punishes any attempts to use Rapid Spin by chunking roughly a 3rd of the enemies' health. With the 1st two pokemon already being immune to Sand Storm damage, Choice Scarfed Tyranitar is a nice addition as it gets even more chip damage with Sand Storm and Pursuit, whilst also being able to clean late game or cripple threats and set up sand for Excadrill. Excadrill is the obvious choice for a sand balance team as a crazy fast hard hitter with good coverage. Excadrill also clears out hazards on its side of the field while keeping up the hazards placed by its own team. Serperior, being a fast hard hitting grass type, is able to stall break nicely as well as take out most pokemon that Excadrill and Tyranitar can't. Serperior can also become a win condition if its own checks are removed, and can punish Defoggers by gaining a haxy evasion boost. Lastly, with Skarmory and Garchomp taking physical hits like champs, the team needed something to take a couple special hits. Specially defensive Mega Altaria does just that, as well as providing Heal Bell support to help in the team's sustainability. Malt also handles many threats such as Rotom-W extremely well, which is a massive boon for the team.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Speed
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Team 2

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
IVs: 30 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

I made this team really quickly to be honest but in my first few games it worked very well. Skarmory + Garchomp will probably bring many fat hazards stacking teams but I want to try something else and go for a HO team. Team is pretty weak to Sand Rush Excadrill, Special Mega Altaria and Latios, but I have reliable ways to revenge kill them. First of all there is the standard Salac Skarmory. I actually wanted to use Azelf as my suicide lead after looking at my team now but Skarmory still does a great job. I chose not to go for Brave Bird because I want to prevent rocks to support Thundurus and Kyurem-B but I also want to get rid of Mega Diancie soon in the match. SubSalac Garchomp was a set I always wanted to try out and because this was just the start of the team I didn't see a reason not to go for it. Thundurus is here because this is an HO team but the most surprising thing about this set is Grass Knot, which lures in Hippowdon and Quagsire so Garchomp and Infernape can sweep easier. I chose to go for HP Ice over Nasty Plot because I want to get rid of bulky ground types (Landorus-T, Garchomp) as soon as possible. I choose Infernape as my 4th slot because I needed something for Bisharp and I didn't really want to go for Keldeo. Mach Punch helps against a lot of pokemon such as Mega Lopunny, Excadrill and Bisharp who are all big threats to HO. Scarf Kyurem-Black helps revengekilling Keldeo, BD Azumarill, Mega Manectric and Mega Altaria. I went for a slightly special based set because I want to get rid of Mega Metagross and Mega Manectric. Without Earth Power Mega Metagross easily gets kills even though the team is not all that slow and not being locked into Outrage to kill Mega Manectric is very nice. I just went max speed so I can also hit stuff like Timid Volcarona and Scarf Landorus-T. Mega Alakazam is my only way to defeat rain teams and it is very important to mega early in the match so you get the Swift Swim directly. This team can get around many threats to HO:
Dragon Dancers: Only choice locked Kyurem-B or Infernape give Dragon Dancers opportunities to set up. If they do get a DD off there is always Thundurus to save me
Sand Rush Excadrill: Mach Punch on Infernape does a lot but if it is balloon excadrill it can still sweep me because mach punch without recoil damage does not enough damage to finish it off from full HP. If Mega Zam has already mega'd, it traces Sand Rush and kills Excadrill
Mega Lopunny: Revengekilling with Kyurem-B, Mega Alakazam or Mach Punch Infernape. But they all 3 have their flaws to revenge kill them 100% reliable (choice locked, not outspeeding pre-mega, mach doesn't kill at full)
Talonflame: Many pokemon can beat it 1v1 and Garchomp and Thundurus are good in getting some chip damage off. If it gets a SD off it is gg tho.

Team 3

So I figured most people would be going for a hazard core with this pair, but I wanted to try something different out. I decided to go with a dual berry core instead, opting for Custap Skarm and Salac Chomp. Custap Skarm is a great lead for getting up your own hazards, plus it’s decent at stopping hazards or set up sweepers from the opposing side. SubSalac Chomp is a really underrated/underused set at the moment, and it really appreciates entry hazard support from Skarm. It also boasts great power after a boost and uses some of its usual checks like Ferro and Celebi as set up bait. Belly Drum Azumarill is my secondary sweeper, and it helps limit opposing priority users plus it shares some nice synergy with Garchomp. I wanted a powerful specially based breaker next and have found success with M-Alakazam before. I added him to the team because he has such a good match-up against offense and can also be an effective late game cleaner and/or revenge killer. Next I added Modest Scarf Keldeo because it pairs well with M-Alakazam and boasts good power and speed for a scarfer. The last slot was dedicated to having a flying check, but I wanted something that could surprise opponents too. I considered Raikou, but that would have left the team without an Earthquake switch-in, so I made use of a rarely seen Specs Rotom-W set. Choice Specs actually gives Rotom quite a bit of power, and it gets some great super effective coverage with Electric/Water/Ice. It even has enough speed and power to outpace and OHKO threats like TankChomp. Trick nails opposing switch-ins who think they’re facing the standard defensive washing machine. All in all, a fun HO team to use that surprises a lot of opponents with some underused sets.

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Team 4

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

This is a spike-stacking offence team built around a criminally underrated threat in Mega Alakazam who has a really good matchup against a lot of common builds in this metagame, especially versus Balance and Offense teams. Modest is used on the Mega Zam set for the extra power so, as a result, Protect is necessary on him, otherwise he would easily be outsped and KOed by 108+ base speed mons before mega evolving. Bisharp was a fairly obvious choice in the next slot, finding his way on this team for the same reason as many other Spike-Stacking Teams: Pursuit trapping the two most common hazard removers in OU and providing that invaluable defiant to take advantage of and consequently deter defog. Specs Keldeo was chosen next for its dark resistance and amazing power which makes it incredibly hard to switch into; especially on spikes stacking teams such as these. It really appreciates the Pursuit support provided by Bisharp enabling it to threaten the vast majority of teams who use Lati@s as their Keldeo check. Finally, Raikou is the team's electric check and flying resist, sporting an Assault Vest to take on a wide array of threats. He's also a useful pivot into Keldeo and Bisharp, for wallbreaking and pursuit trapping respectively. Overall, this team is a capable team which is fun, easy to use and effective in practice.

Team 5

As soon as I saw the Skarm + Chomp core I knew right away that I wanted to make it a full stall team, as Garchomp stall is something I've been wanting to build for a while. I wanted to utilize an effective method of racking up passive damage which is spike stacking + dtailing with chomp. The spdef Skarm set allows it to wall mons like Gardevoir, Latis (it even avoids 2hko from tias hp fire), and Diancie to a greater extent than the standard physically defensive set. Spikes are extremely useful for all teams; Defog is a nice move to fall back on if there are too many hazards for my liking; and Iron Head allows Skarm to kill the pokemon that it walls - Diancie and Gardevoir. As for the Garchomp set I realized that the RestTalk one would offer the most survivability and would be an extremely effective phazer. The speed EVs allow Garchomp to outspeed Jolly Bisharp. Next up is Unaware Clefable, which is crucial for walling pokemon such as Manaphy, Belly Drum Azumarill, and many more. I realized that Quagsire would be unnecessary as I already have a stellar Bisharp wall and Manaphy is a massive threat to stall in general. This Clefable set also offers support in the form of Wish and Heal Bell. After this I decided that a sort of blanket check to a myriad of special attackers would be extremely useful, so I chose one of the pink blobs. Blissey is used over Chansey here due to its nice Leftovers recovery as well as its superior ability to wall Landorus-I and also somewhat Gengar. Flamethrower, the only non-standard move here, is used to hurt standard pokemon that annoy Blissey such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Bisharp (mostly a threat if Pursuit). The spread allows Blissey to beat modest Lando-I that have Focus Blast. Next we have the very useful wall Mega Venusaur, which completely messes up so many teams at this point in the metagame. It mainly walls Azumarill, Gyarados, Keldeo, Mega Altaria, and many other pokemon that would be large threats to the team otherwise. Hidden Power Fire is used because Scizor and Ferrothorn are problematic otherwise. The extra spdef investment allows Venusaur to tank hits from Gengar, Thundurus, and Keldeo much better. Last but not least we have lord Slowbro, which just does so many things for the team. It beats Zard X, Keldeo, Lopunny, Talonflame, and has the amazing ability Regenerator. Overall this is a very effective team that I have been using to great success recently and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Team 6

I decided to build an offensive team around Volcarona seeing as SkarmChomp handles a lot of what threatens it. Volcarona is p cool atm cause it destroys the fat balance cores that have been running around while being quite capable vs offense. Went Passho Berry Volc to set up on waters like Keldeo and take a Jet from Azumarill which can be pretty nasty for my build. Next, I added M-Diancie to A-provide anti hazard support for Volc, B-provide a second Birdspam check, and C-give the team a second Draco switch in. It also makes Zard X less threatening. Offensive Starmie was my pick for hazard removal because it deters spinblockers from spinblocking, and Analytic-boosted attacks lets it double as a wallbreaker. Finally, Scarf Latias was added to give my team a solid revenge killer and a way to cripple walls and CM users thanks to Trick. Latias also reduces the team's weakness to electrics like MegaMan, Thundurus and Raikou. Opted for Latias>Latios cause she has Healing Wish and is bulkier. Yep, that's the team.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Vs. M-Diancie Balance

Vs. M-Altaria Balance

Vs. M-Gyarados Offense

Vs. Mega Altaria Balance 2

Vs. Mega Gyarados Balance

Team 7

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Pretty standard stall/semi-stall team. Quick highlights:
Mixed bulk TankChomp is pretty good. Checks a lot of physical attackers. Provides Rocks and phazing. EVs allow it to outspeed base 70s like Adamant Bish/Breloom, and then give it good mixed bulk.
SDef Skarm checks a ton of Fairies as well as Metagross. Provides Defog support as well. Iron Head > Brave Bird to beat Fairies. Counter surprises some physical attackers.
Unaware Clefable completes the Fairy-Dragon-Steel defensive core. EVs allow it to beat most Manaphy in Rain while also checking Gallade. Wish and Heal Bell support keeps teammates, primarily Chomp, healthy.
Reuniclus checks Lopunny reliably without fearing Ice Punch (unlike Chomp), while also stallbreaking and providing a wincon. Shadow Ball beats bulky Psychic types, and Clef beats Mega Sableye.
My own Mega Sableye provides a ton of general support for the team. Very good at preventing annoying mons like Rachi and Ferro from doing pretty much anything. Utility Mega Eye has more impact than CM Eye at this point, with Foul Play screwing over some conventional Eye checks.
Talonflame came last. Checks a bunch of stuf like Char-Y and Landorus. Also adds some much needed priority. Bulk Up makes it a secondary wincon, in addition to stallbreaking defensive teams.

Team 8

So starting with the core of Skarmory and Garchomp I wanted to take a different approach to it. I went with Salac Skarm with max Atk/Speed in order to get up as much hazards as possibly while also if the chances arises to smack something with a max attack bb or iron head. Skarm still however functions as a suicide lead. Next up in the core we had Garchomp. Kinda like Skarm I took another approach at it by using Sub+SD Garchomp. This turns chomp into a scary set up sweeper and when behind a sub is very dangerous and serves as a win condition. Salac Berry was given as a held item as it boosts chomps speed which can sometimes prevent him from sweeping otherwise. Next up I chose Clefable for a third team member Instead of going with the standard cm set with flamethrower I went with stored power allowing Clefable once all of its checks/counters are gone to sweep and despite being slow it becomes really difficult to take out once at max Special Defense. Also serves as a check of sorts to Mega Lop. Seeing as every team needs a Mega Evolution mega bunny was chosen to be the mega evolution and with its ability to break common balance and HO teams it allows Clefable who can sometimes struggle setting up vs fast paced teams more chances to set up. PuP was picked in the last slot as it allows lop to boost her already good attack stat also allowing it to break some 'Mons she would have trouble breaking past otherwise. From this point on we needed something to handle water types, namely Keldeo. Bulky Starmie was chosen as it completely shuts down sub/cm as well as scarf sets which can revenge lop as well as terak if were not careful. On top of this, Starm removes hazards giving Lop and Terrak more switch ins. Last off Terrakion got picked as the last team member and was the perfect Pokemon to take advantage of all the set up sweepers and lop. Scarf Terrak is simply amazing as not only does it have a great speed tier but is REALLY strong making it the perfect late game cleaner to remove all of the weakened 'Mons. Overall fairy types might trouble this team so sometimes it might be smart to save Skarm instead of suicide leading with it as being able to weaken clef for Terrak and Lop is really important.

Skarmory @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stored Power

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Power-Up-Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Team 9

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 24 Atk / 228 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Explanation: Ah, good ol' underrated Mega Garchomp. This team is obviously around Mega Garchomp and its raw power and also lead Custap Skarm, the set I find the most effective on the Steel bird. You cant make a Mega Chomp team without sand, and of course Tyranitar is the sand abuser Im gonna choose. This set isnt your standard TTAR set.. It has a quiet nature with max spattack and carries ice beam to bop the Landos and Hippowdons that think ''its a free switch''. you also gotta roll with Drill, obviously. LO Jolly with SD is the set I decided to use, since Jolly outspeeds RP LandoI, and the aditional power that adamant provides isnt that necessary. The team was struggling against Mega Lop, so Physically defensive Celebi with NP+BP seemed like the perfect mon, since Celebi is amazing on sand. To recieve the Nasty Plot boost, there's Scarf Keldeo (carrying HP electric), that helps check stuff like Bisharp, Scizor and also Mega Lop, in case Celebi doesnt manage to beat it 1v1. :]

Team 10

I decided to go with specially defensive skarmory cuz it's a great set atm and can set up spikes; garchomp sets up SR as well as making people hesitate to spam u-turn, and it can handle physical attackers that lack ice coverage decently such as mega metagross and mega lopunny. Next since I have a hazard stacking core I needed something to abuse that. I decided to go with mega beedrill because I wanted to try it out and because it forces lots of switches it helps me abuse spike stacking to the fullest. U-turn from mega beedrill, volt switch from magnezone, and spikes and SR really wear down answers to beedrill really fast especially when the best ones are either trapped by magnezone or lack reliable recovery. Often, after everything is weakened, beedrill can just get an easy sweep. Since I am hazard stacking I can't run defog because that's defeats the purpose and that's stupid so I decided to go with starmie as a rapid spinner. Needed spin for mega beedrill and because like half my team lacks recovery and I don't really like excadrill as a spinner outside of sand and having 3 ground types on one team is kind of a bad idea. Landorus-t is finally added as bird check and zard x check which can otherwise run straight through this team, as well as forming part of a volt turn core with beedrill and mag. Pretty nice team that actually did decently on the suspect ladder getting me 6 wins in a row until I missed 2 dragon tails in a row :/ It's basically just hazard stacking combined with volt turn which wears stuff down pretty fast.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Counter
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Team 11

Started the team defining sets for both Skarmory and Garchomp (went phys. def. with hazards on both) and then adding bisharp to the core as it lets me make defoggers think twice before they try to whipe out the hazards I have put in the field. Then I put Starmie as a spinner (offensive with HP Fire to lure in ferro for Altaria and psyshock to kill Keldeo) and mono attacker Cotton Guard Altaria to deal with common set up sweepers and improve my matchup against a broad range of offensive teams. Finally, I chose to add Clefable to improve my coverage, since it deals with things like Thundurus and Kyurem-B (whom otherwise would have given a lot of trouble to my team).

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 200 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Cotton Guard
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Voting ends Sunday, April 26 at 11:59 est

I vote for team 4
Feel like rating teams! What follows is just my opinion, feel free to discuss.

Team 1 doesn't like facing opposing Altarias, I'm not sure it has a way of beating Clefable builds, and opposing SDef Skarm can spikestack due to the Altaria set.

Team 2 is not beating Sableye stall (referring to Sableye/Gothitelle/Skarmory/Chansey/Cresselia/Quagsire stall) and I personally dislike having Ferro walling Thundurus (especially with no spinner). Klefki (Magnet Rise) is a big pain for that team as well. Since DClaw > Outrage Chomper, RP Lando can sweep the team. Oh and dragon resist where ._.

Team 3 is torn apart by Mega Altaria, electrics and surely a good deal of other things as well.

Team 4 is looking pretty good vs most playstyles although it loses to the aforementioned stall (Metagross causes SR Chomp to
not be LumSD / LO Mixed anymore so most teams lose to stall). Seems a bit weak to scarfers (Keldeo) in the sense that it relies heavily on hazards to limit
their revenge killing abilities. Btw I beg you to run Timid > Modest MZam.

Team 5 loses to stallbreaker Mew, taunt SD Gliscor, taunt wisp Talonflame (Slowbro isn't exactly a counter), basically taunters that used to beat xy stall. A bit shaky against offensive SD Scizor, and Mega Gardevoir. Nice Venu stall though, beating BD Azu + m-Gyara in one a lot is a huge deal and frees up a lot of the team building. Now that I think about it I don't even know if chomper is the most fitting mon here. Oh and it's Hydreigon weak :]

Team 6 struggles a bit with Thundy. It has huge problems with ZardX + ScarfTar, can't really get hazards vs stall but volc is a nice wincon to have against a bunch of styles. I guess hw Lati+ Volc could potentially break stall, maybe in conjunction with Trick. Another weakness I can think of is Clefable + hazards up (especially if the opposing setter is like, Ferro) especially if Latias' scarf is needed for something else.

Team 7 is pretty weak to specs Keldeo and Heatran (Talon definitely needs taunt imo otherwise rocks + Toxic Tran becomes a monster). Focus Blast Lando-I with hazards up or just 4 attacks (Focus Blast + RP or Focus Blast + Sludge Wave) can prove to be very threatening.

Team 8 loses a lot of momentum by running Clef with a suicide lead, allowing hazards to be removed, also I'm not convinced Salac > Custap on Skarm, and I'd go Tbolt > Psyshock on Starmie if I were the builder. That double Fighting core seems pretty good, I'd run 204 def on Clef to switch into jolly Lopunny though. PuP Lopunny is good to pressure stall, so good matchup vs stall here.

Team 9 too has a good matchup vs stall with Mega Chomp, however I'm not too sure on suicide Skarmory here, especially with Tar not being Scarfed, hazards are removed pretty easily from the field. A lot of its members lose to DD Alt, not sure exca is enough. NP thundy or knock thundy can have some fun as well. Bronzong is also not cool to face for that team, although most people prefer Skarm nowadays. And MegaZor can beat the team with a decently low amount of support.

Team 10 is way too slow, Manaphy 6-0es given the Starmie set, as well as basically all the fast metas (Sceptile, aero, Manec in particular) (not able to put it in Beedrill range. Since no Knock off on Beedrill (which makes nonsense if you run Zone) Gengar has some fun. I'd also go scarf magneton > magnezone for jolly sd talon.

Team 11 is weak to Heatran (taunt variants mainly, and Starmie does so quick), it's also pressured by Altaria a lot which forces it to rely on Clefable to check it since the Skarm is PhDef here. Again, MRise Klefki gets a ton of hazards here. Kyurem appears to be very problematic if th opposing team can keep hazards off the field to grant it free switches. Once again here, no real way to beat Clef in the long run.

Overall some of the key points this round were to not be weak vs Sableye builds, not get wrecked by Manaphy/Focus Blast Lando-I, to beat passive set up mons (Clefable, Reuniclus) and not be forced to dance around electrics. This teambuilding round showcased how hard it is to fill all these criterias, it was a pretty hard core to build around imo because they don't cover as much as you'd expect them too. However they really mark the change towards hazards stacking-based teams that is currently happening.
Teams 5, 6 and 7 seem to be the best. 5 and 7 lose to some very common things (respectively Sableye builds and Keldeo) so let's go with team 6.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 1: EVs can be way more optimized to hit certain speed and defensive benchmarks. Defense EVs on Serp seem redundant. Keldeo switch ins are extremely shaky as of right now.

Team 2: This team just seems like it's worn the hell down by hazards and double switches way too easily without any real definitive counterplay or gameplan. Like sure the idea of HO is too apply offensive pressure but everything is relying on setting up to do its job instead of having maybe one or two things solely dedicated to basic breaking without the need to set up. Better momentum grabbers in the form of U-Turn and Volt Switch would help out as well the team wants to get in safely without relying on shaky as hell switches.

Team 3: Team seems a bit annoyed by Ferrothorn and is on the verge of getting floored by Thundurus due to using stuff prone to Thundurus and its tactics as well. Not really a big fan of Modest Scarf Keldeo either.

Team 4: Team really needs to be running Timid on that M-Alakazam as M-Lopunny right now is going to have a field day with it.

Team 5: The lack of Calm Mind Unaware Clefable with some more beefed up special defense investment right now leads way to another stall team just getting destroyed by Manaphy, especially Tail Glow variants the common ones you'll see. It mostly has a lot of the problems inherent with stall teams such as no real way of speed control but this one becomes very apparent in that any build designed on hazard pressure such as M-Sableye balance is more than likely going to just win at preview. Bisharp is this enormous problem when it sets up and Garchomp is out of the picture and Ice Beam would probably be better on Blissey seeing as how CM Landorus can just 6-0 you as well.

Team 6: Kind of have to watch out for Weavile, Torn-T, and other dragon dancers and set up sweepers like M-Gyarados but other than that seems ok at a glance. Most of the problems with offense with this team can be played around to an extent.

Team 7: This defensive foundation seems really strong from the get go. I understand the premise of Counter on Skarmory for Mega Gyarados but this team right now would be x10 better if Spikes were incorporated seeing as how the team itself deters hazard pressure while benefitting from its own so possibly fitting that in there would do. Also use Taunt on that TFlame btw. Stops you from getting floored by CM Clefable and in a pinch can stop general recovery from defensive cores when you're in those matches against someone whose known to take risks on openings.

Team 8: Klefki and certain steels are the biggest annoyance to this team right now with the main switch in being something like Clefable murdering this offensive momentum you're trying to go for. Stored Power Clefable in this meta is taking a serious gamble not in your favor as the majority of teams you'll be coming up against will not give you that many turns to set up and as such you'll most likely fail to capitalize on the move in the long run. Flamethrower would be a simple fix seeing as how it doesn't require your fighting core to rack up residual damage against the likes of Ferrothorn while not giving Excadrill and Scizor free switch ins, the former cleaning the team under sand, the latters base form grabbing momentum quite easily against the team, and the latters mega form a very effective pokemon with bulky variants potentially giving you problems starting team preview.

Team 9: How do you handle Spikes and T-Spikes? It seems like it's this big problem on the team when you lack Rapid Spin Excadrill in order to not wear down the offensive backbone that is needed right now to break defensive cores and maintain your offensive pressure against balanced and fatter builds. Ttar EVs are missing.

Team 10: Conk, Weavile, Keldeo, Pursuit are what this team hates. Specs Magnezone seems sort of weird on this considering your best answer to the base 110s is Mega Beedrill and Starmie with Beedrill hating hazards and Starmie usually pressure as hell to not get pursuit trapped left and right. Never liked my Beedrill teams without a solid set up sweeper in the back since I think many people overlook that M-Beedrill is also suppose to be an offensive support asset to enhance the capabilities of the team as a whole so I think that's something you should consider

Team 11: I'd run Psychic on this Starmie so that Rotom-W isn't this easy as hell switch in to the team right now along with netting more damage on M-Venusaur, the biggest issue with this team. Lum Bisharp seems better on this team seeing as how Mew comes in and annoys the team quite a bit. More efficient lures on the team would help you succeed with CG M-Altaria.

Team 7 but consider some way to get past Manaphy much better than you do now. Non CM Clefables are not Manaphy answers by any means more so just Thundurus annoyances.

Team 4 even with the Modest Alakazam which may have been better in X and Y but in ORAS speed has increased importance siginificantly. It would also allow you to not run protect and run something like Taunt/Encore to help against stall and defensive cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)