smogon irl

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
When even is worlds

Edit: Oh ok. I may or may not be inclined to attend then

Last edited:

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
then steelicks when i visited australia, i called him and asked him if he wanted to meet up for lunch and he said 'only if youre prepared to get pawns like dog'
only just read this post and snorted and shook my head profusely over the fact that i found that funny??

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've met Earthworm like twice or three times or something, he lives like 20 min away. still planning to (hopefully) meet some other inactive smogoners from other countries, who i keep in touch with, some time in this life time
Feel like I shouldn't be, but I am a little bit jealous.

Speaking of VGC, if you're going to VGC UK May 30th/31st Feel free to hit me up. I'll be there with some other friends but gladly make time to see other UK smogoners

also Rowan may be attending so we'll both be there :D

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
lol idk if theres another chilean smogonite :[ and the guys ik from chile casue of ps n shit still live like 6 hours appart from me rip

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
glad to see there arent many floridians out there

not only does that mean you guys have successfully avoided this state, but also i don't have to worry about meeting any of you

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah I sold out and moved to Wellington, but I still havent seen nagai, ginganinja or fc since moving down here. This feels a little like it is actually everyone elses fault but mine though. Also heist, but that is definitely his fault.

Still need to meet a smogoner IRL, I live fairly close to some apparently (one of them I play smash with abit) but time and the fact that my parents won't take me to events is limiting, its safe to assume that I am the only smogoner in my town

im considering going to worlds depending on who goes

edit: its like a 4-5 hour drive for me so if anyone in my area (north nj) wants to meet up and take the drive w/ me im down. just mind you im probably not gonna actually play mons while we're there :o
How many people that go there from smogon actually do play mons?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Sigh... if only I'm good enough in VGC.
Reality is that I'm not even close to Top 8 of Hong Kong. And there's only 1 quota for Master Class. Interpreter slot is also taken already as well.

hey any smogoners go to mcmaster university in ontario? im heading there next year and it would be cool to meet up with other smogoners.

Yeah I sold out and moved to Wellington, but I still havent seen nagai, ginganinja or fc since moving down here. This feels a little like it is actually everyone elses fault but mine though. Also heist, but that is definitely his fault.
if i can meet earthworm nagai/ginga/fc can meet you COME ON!! theres so much history between all the ocns the least we can do is meet the ones near us. (this actually happened for reals btw, i was in sydney for a concert and ew and i went shopping and played league of legends at an internet café)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I meet up with some local smogon friends every so often, in fact I plan on meeting up with one or two relatively soon.
I am quite certain this post was made before going on my 3rd date with princessofmusic, so yeah I guess I see a certain smogoner often enough..

Recently Texas Cloverleaf and I found out one of his students was in a play with me some years ago where I was her characters father. I told him to say a line from the play and mention me as well. We also agreed not to mention any poke related stuff for our own privacy reasons.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
if i can meet earthworm nagai/ginga/fc can meet you COME ON!! theres so much history between all the ocns the least we can do is meet the ones near us. (this actually happened for reals btw, i was in sydney for a concert and ew and i went shopping and played league of legends at an internet café)
Just to clarify, I have met them before, we went to a comic book festival and lost a pokemon tournament to some total randoms. I just havent seen them since I moved to Wellington. Ginga claims he doesnt live here any more though.

What you should do, Jumpluff, is come visit us, and then they will definitely have no excuses. Bring Jr and Worms too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)