Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Return
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Basically i put together a nice core of stuff that can Paralyze threats to Servine that resist its main STAB. Namely Stunfisk deals with Flying-types such as Dodrio who are likely to get paralyzed when attacking it as well as other random Physical Attackers such as Rapidash as well as Bug-types (Ninjask) and Grass-types who like to take Discharges (Sludge Wave also helps in this regard), Grumpig deals with Fire-types like Ninetales and some Flareon variants as well as soft checking Rapidash and is an ok answer to Grass-types, just like Roselia who can Paralyze various stuff with double powder (used over Roselia because of Poison-type STAB and ability to absorb Toxic Spikes).
Servine is using a bulky Glare set to deal with offensive switch ins and heal up with Synthesis against Pokemon such as Torterra. Stoutland and Mightyena were then added as they appreciate Paralysis support and hit very hard + have good synergy offensively with everything else on the team.
Fun team

only 3 votes in so far, extending this until we have at least a few more
i wonder who will win this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Eh what the hell, voting to make it interesting. Will also build a team for the next core/mon you post to keep the thread alive, too.

Anty

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Had no idea Huntail was the mon to build around, so I might as well post this rain team I made. Relicanth is the lead setting up Stealth Rock and Rain Dance for its teammates while still putting in some work with STAB Waterfall and Head Smash. Volbeat is the other consistent weather setter with paralysis support and Rain Dance. Golduck is my first Swift Swim sweeper, providing its own rain if need be plus STAB Hydro Pump along with Ice Beam for Grass-types and Psychic is mainly for Poliwrath. Poliwrath is running Belly Drum with rain support from its teammates, decimating any foes in its path after a Belly Drum. Huntail is the third Swift Swim sweeper with Shell Smash combined with Life Orb completely destroys weakened foes after Golduck and Poliwrath have cleaned up. The team became extremly weak to Choice Scarf Raichu and I needed an Electric and Grass resist regardless, so Gogoat was thrown onto the team for that very purpose. Not only does it laugh in the face of Raichu, I also gave it Rain Dance to support its teammates even more plus the relaible recovery with Milk Drink allows Gogoat to stick around and provide rain support if the team needs it.

Relicanth @ Damp Rock
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Head Smash

Volbeat (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / NaN Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Huntail @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch

Gogoat @ Damp Rock
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 228 HP / 56 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Milk Drink
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

Ok I just happened to build a Huntail team without realizing it was the subject of this so I might as well post it here:

So this team is legitimately the easiest team to win with I've ever used, and I've played this tier when we had stuff like Mega Lopunny. No team in PU isn't swept by at least one of +2 +2 Stoutland, Regice, or Simipour, and getting them these boosts is incredibly easy. With Custap Golem and Dual Screens Meowstic, getting sr and both screens up is very easy. From there, even 0/0 Huntail can set up on basically everything lacking Sleep Powder or a phazing move and then easily pass to one of the three recipients (which can very easily take most priority if screens are still up, which they often are. Don't believe 0/0 Huntail can set up on much? This set of calcs should prove you wrong quite nicely:

252+ SpA Life Orb Poliwrath Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Huntail through Light Screen: 118-139 (47 - 55.3%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Stoutland Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Huntail through Reflect: 117-138 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 63.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Carracosta Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Huntail through Reflect: 99-117 (39.4 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Beheeyem Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Huntail through Light Screen: 193-228 (76.8 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Torterra Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Huntail through Reflect: 183-216 (72.9 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Huntail through Light Screen: 175-207 (69.7 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yes, with absolutely no bulk investment, Huntail can set up in the face of some of the strongest Electric and Grass types in the tier, along with basically anything else. You could use max HP, but I like max attack because Huntail on its own is actually a competent sweeper, and Sucker Punch lets you beat Scarf Rotom and Raichu that think they can be sneaky and 2HKO you before you can pass out (though you need to hit Rotom with Psychic from Meowstic in order for Huntail to actually be able to kill it). The only thing really stopping smashpass is phazing, which is really rare in the current meta because stall is very rare and lol phazing outside of stall. So yeah, there's not much else to say here, smashpass is horribly broken.

Golem @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Meowstic (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch

Stoutland (M) @ Silk Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Pursuit

Regice @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Low Kick

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LO Huntail Offense

This Huntail team was built with the following calcs in mind:
Hidden Power Flying calculations:
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 166-198 (54.7 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 374-442 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Poliwrath: 322-382 (84 - 99.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Hidden Power Flying vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 328-387 (88.8 - 104.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Sucker Punch calculations:
+2 52 Atk Life Orb Huntail Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 263-309 (100.7 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 52 Atk Life Orb Huntail Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninjask: 304-359 (115.5 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Surf Calculations:
252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marowak: 406-478 (155.5 - 183.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Armaldo: 406-478 (139.5 - 164.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 338-400 (83.8 - 99.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Huntail Surf vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 222-261 (68.7 - 80.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Basically, the idea of this team is to sweep with a LO +2 Huntail, as entry hazards give you the chance to one shot many walls after one simple Shell Smash boost. It's very easy to boost on resisted Water hits or after Huntail has scared something out, and you are often able to stay in given threats faster than 380 Speed are KO'd by a +2 LO Sucker Punch most of the time anyway.

This team is also very flexible in terms of who your lead will be. Haunter can stop Leavanny from setting Sticky Web, Onix from Setting Sun or Stealth Rock, Gabite and Monferno from setting Stealth Rock, etc. Quilladin can be used to stop slower leads from setting Stealth Rock (Torterra and Golem are great examples), while setting up its own layer of Spikes. If you predict your opponent leading with something like Marowak or Armaldo, unboosted LO Surf from Huntail at 190 Speed will always OHKO before they have a chance to move. And finally, Piloswine is just a great lead in general.

Overall, the team has great type synergy too. For example, Piloswine, Haunter, Zebstrika and Quilladin protect Huntail from predicted Grass/Electric attacks; Huntail and Quilladin protect Piloswine from predicted Water attacks; Haunter and Mr. Mime protect Piloswine from predicted Fighting attacks; etc. This list is pretty long and shows you how underrated Quilladin's Bulletproof is in PU too.

Originally, I had Meowstic-M setting up Screens and Twave for Huntail to ensure a Shell Smash over Mr. Mime, but I found Mr. Mime to be a bit more successful as it can provide Huntail a second chance to sweep by healing it to full (as well as cleaning better than Meowstic-M with a Choice Scarf, after hazards have been set and the other team has been weakened sufficiently).

Finally, it should be mentioned that this team has a fairly easy time beating the newest version of Sun that's out on the ladder; Quilladin is immune to Victreebel's Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb and Weather Ball, and it is also never 2HKO'd by LO Solarbeam with the given EVs. Zen Headbutt is provided as an option to KO a weakened Victreebel, but Drain Punch is useful for OHKOing Pawniard and 2HKOing Probopass.

Huntail @ Life Orb
EVs: 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Surf
- Sucker Punch

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Drain Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
SUN + SMASHPASS
(sad bc cant move)

Does this really need one? It's like the most mindless team ever but o well. The main purpose of this team is to have a plan B if smashpass fails, thanks to Sunny Day setters and Abusers, though it can still perform normally as a Shell Smash team. I started of course on Shell Smash Huntail, and the initial thought was to building something that could split apart from the other teams, of course that took some time to realize, but im pretty sure the result was worth it, as I think this team can work decently well in the actual meta. Huntail of course needs A LOT of support to succeed so I decided to fit in Memento Jumpluff, which can also set up important Sleep Powders and screw other sun teams and Meostic, a decent Screener, that's when i got the idea of building a sun team paired with smashpass, as Jumpluff can benefit from it and Meowstic actually works as a decent sun setter too thanks to Prankster. Ok so I added Golem, the Stealth Rock and main Sun setter, which can also open holes into the opposing team thanks to Explosion. For the last slots I needed of course two recipients so I opted for Stoutland as a physical recipient, which is a known beast on Smashpass teams and actually has a really good typing synergy with Jumpluff and Meowstic, and Victreebell, the main sun abuser and special recipient, I suggest to not underestimate a +2 SpAtk and +2 Speed Victreebell n_n

Huntail @ White Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Jumpluff
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Golem @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day

Stoutland @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Meowstic @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Sunny Day
- Psychic

hurt (Victreebel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
wow this is actually really hard to decide. all these teams are really gr8!
i'll have to go with Dos Times The Tap

ok actually it's been a while (like almost a week) and i don't want to slack off in this project so i'm doing the tiebreaker vote for Raiza.
his team will be added to the OP blah blah

i'll post a core soon :3

anty is cute

ok lemme stop being a lazy shit and post the next core:
+

u have until a week from now or maybe i'll extend if i'm lazy haha!

edit- especially spdef clefairy and tank torterra is what inspired this core

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bad Team.ngl

So this team is basically a weird balance team with SR Clefairy and Choice Banded Torterra. Torterra, Pawniard, and Poliwrath work well together in a pretty solid core and have nice synergy. Momentum is formed on this team by both Baton Pass Dodrio and Volt Switch on Zerbstrika who is also my Jumpluff counter. Poliwrath or Pawniard can come in for the late gate sweep under Rain or with a Swords Dance boost.

Torterra @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Wood Hammer

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)