[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

In fact I was the one who leveled up to level 100. It came to me with high level but since it was back when I just started to play XY I was using it for battling. It's okay to trade it for a regular Heatran then?

In fact I was the one who leveled up to level 100. It came to me with high level but since it was back when I just started to play XY I was using it for battling. It's okay to trade it for a regular Heatran then?
I can't imagine that somebody would hack something like this Swellow considering how easy it is to just breed it. That being said, there is no way to be 100% sure if it's not your own Pokémon, but a hack like this would at least be unusual.

EDIT: The item "Destiny Knot" makes it very easy to breed 5IV Pokémon. Just search/google for "Pokémon breeding" + "Destiny Knot" and you should find your answer really fast. I'm to tired to explain in detail and this doesn't belong in here anyway.

Last edited:
Language: JPN
Species: Arceus
OT: Japanese characters
ID No.: 03075
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: Japanese characters
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Judgment, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Earth Power
Nature: Adament
Region of origin: Pokemon Movie 15
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: None (probably hacked)
Other Comments: 99% sure its hacked

Species: Arceus
OT: Japanese characters
ID No.: 03075
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: Japanese characters
Pokeball: Cherish ball
Moves: Judgment, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Earth Power
Nature: Adament
Region of origin: Pokemon Movie 15
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: None (probably hacked)
Other Comments: 99% sure its hacked
It is hacked..as you said, it should have a ribbon (wishing iirc)

Language: Japanese
Species: Genesect
OT: えいがかん
ID No.: 07133
Ability: Download
Pokemon's name: ゲノセクト
Pokeball: Cherish
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Extreme Speed, Iron Head, Shift Gear, Blaze Kick
Nature: Hasty
Region of origin: Japan
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ribbons: Wishing
Other comments (optional): It seems legit, but the perfect IV's is my only suspicion.

Other comments (optional): It seems legit, but the perfect IV's is my only suspicion.
It could be legal, someone could have RNG'd or edited that mon. Most of the Pokémons that come from Wonder Trade/GTS are hacked/edited, so I would assume that Genesect as a hacked Pokémon. You can't have the certainty If your Pokémon is hacked, RNG'd, legit, legal or something like this.
As you said it seems legal (not legit, big difference) but If it comes from the GTS/Wonder Trade therefore It's probably hacked. IMHO nobody would give you a RNG'd Pokémon for free, even more If we're talkin' about Wonder Trade and the GTS. Obv that's only my opinion.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Given the characteristic matches, I'd be willing to bet it's the same one which has been checked repeatedly:
I can't say for certain without checking further but if you didn't get it from a reliable source then it's almost certainly this same, mass cloned hack.

I got it from the Seribii chat room. The trader didn't seem to know it was hacked, as she wasn't willing to part with it until I offered a 3 IV Careful shiny Steelix with egg moves. If it's hacked, I don't blame her, because it's damn convincing. Ah well, I'm gonna keep it anyways, since it's legit. Thanks guys.

.com

Grumpy old man
I got it from the Seribii chat room. The trader didn't seem to know it was hacked, as she wasn't willing to part with it until I offered a 3 IV Careful shiny Steelix with egg moves. If it's hacked, I don't blame her, because it's damn convincing. Ah well, I'm gonna keep it anyways, since it's legit. Thanks guys.
No one said it was (in fact two people have explicitly said it probably isn't) legitimate.

I would like to hear opinions on whether or not this is a legal Pokemon.

Language: Same as mine (I'm from America)
Species: Latias
OT: Sam
ID No.: 64885
IVs: HP, defense, special attack, special defense, and speed are all perfect, at 31. Attack is imperfect.
EVs (optional): 252 in special attack and speed. 4 in HP. (I had to reset the EVs, as they were garbage when I received it)
Ability: Levitate

Pokemon's name: Latias
Level: 100 (it was 77 when I received it)
Pokeball: Pink with a heart on the front (exclusive to HG/SS)
Moves: Defog, draco meteor, healing wish, psyshock.

Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas

Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon (she got that because I had her when I beat the XY champion once.)
Other comments (optional): Her origin is dubious at best, as I received it from a friend. Most notably is how she has the move defog. Used to have Pokerus, but I strongly suspect I'm responsible for giving it to her in the first place. The juxtaposition of perfect IVs for competitive use, shininess, and the special ball have me wanting second opinions before I trade her.

Edit: I can't see the OT blacklist, as I assume NoScript is blocking it from loading. ID and OT do not match anything on the blacklist.

Last edited:
It's level 100 and you know the EVs, it would have taken less than a minute to figure out the Atk IV -_-
I certainly wouldn't trust it.
Well then, I have some bad news to break to someone who was interested in it.

Thank you for posting the link.

Edit: (more of an addition because double posting is bad)
I have a Ferrothorn I need to report. The OT is HEMAN, the ID is 59606.
I received it before ORAS released. Upon closer inspection, it has perfect contest condition for every aspect.
Contests weren't available in Unova, and this was given to me before ORAS.

Last edited:
Well then, I have some bad news to break to someone who was interested in it.

Thank you for posting the link.

Edit: (more of an addition because double posting is bad)
I have a Ferrothorn I need to report. The OT is HEMAN, the ID is 59606.
I received it before ORAS released. Upon closer inspection, it has perfect contest condition for every aspect.
Contests weren't available in Unova, and this was given to me before ORAS.
Most likely hacked. Like you said, contests weren't available in Unova.

IVs: 31/31/31/30/30/31
EVs: none
Moves: Extreme Speed, Techno Blast, Black Kick, Shift Gear
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have let it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments: Obtained from a friend in Gen V who, I think, obtained it from PokeCheck. Hasn't been touched by anything in Gen VI (not even cloned via PS, lol). Not sure why it isn't full 6 IVs @ 31. If this isn't enough to know for sure, is there anything extra I can do to confirm? Is it possible to check PID/SID with Powersaves? If so, how? If not, I might have a copy of it in Gen V still and I think I can check the PID/SID there - not sure though.

Also, depending on the verdict - is it tradable on this forum/my thread?

Last edited:
IVs: 31/31/31/30/30/31
EVs: none
Moves: Extreme Speed, Techno Blast, Black Kick, Shift Gear
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have let it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments: Obtained from a friend in Gen V who, I think, obtained it from PokeCheck. Hasn't been touched by anything in Gen VI (not even cloned via PS, lol). Not sure why it isn't full 6 IVs @ 31. If this isn't enough to know for sure, is there anything extra I can do to confirm? Is it possible to check PID/SID with Powersaves? If so, how? If not, I might have a copy of it in Gen V still and I think I can check the PID/SID there - not sure though.

Also, depending on the verdict - is it tradable on this forum/my thread?
It's legal but as .com has already said, these Genesects are probably a series of cloned hacks/legal hacks.

It's legal but as .com has already said, these Genesects are probably a series of cloned hacks/legal hacks.
The one that .com hack checked earlier on this page is different to this one so I'd still like his opinion. :P The fact that whoever uploaded it to Pokecheck didn't go for 6IVs is what has me cautious.

edit: Is there some kind of archived version of pokecheck?

The one that .com hack checked earlier on this page is different to this one so I'd still like his opinion. :P The fact that whoever uploaded it to Pokecheck didn't go for 6IVs is what has me cautious.
However, It can be only RNGed or edited. You already know that Genesect has the HP Ground, the fact that this Genesect was on PCheck could mean that it was probably edited like the 6IVs one. There are no differences between these two mons. If you wanna get a HP Ground Genesect you must RNG it as the 6IVs one.

Yeah, thats true. :/

So it could be RNGed or it could be hacked to have the IVs. Is there anyway of confirming which of the two it is (with PID/SID)? O.o

Other comments: Obtained from a friend in Gen V who, I think, obtained it from PokeCheck.
Don't offer it.

If you knew the pokecheck username it was from, checked the PID (I don't think powersaves does, but .pkx from browser exploit/battle videos can tell you), and were able to confirm it matched that user's HP Ground Genesect, then you would be perfectly welcome to offer it for free. Pokecheck was not meant to be a source of trade fodder for other people.

Don't offer it.

If you knew the pokecheck username it was from, checked the PID (I don't think powersaves does, but .pkx from browser exploit/battle videos can tell you), and were able to confirm it matched that user's HP Ground Genesect, then you would be perfectly welcome to offer it for free. Pokecheck was not meant to be a source of trade fodder for other people.
That's no problem! :)

I've just had it sitting in my PC for ages and haven't traded it but figured I'd ask anyway, just in case. Sounds like too much effort to work out if its legit or not, lol.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Now I just need to find a legit one, haha.

Just received this over Wondertrade so naturally very suspicious. Not planning on trading it but thought it worth posting about for an opinion just in case there are other pokes with the OT floating about.

Language: ENG
Species: Greninja
OT: AnriKurokaze
ID No.: 00337
IVs: 31 in all stats
EVs (optional): SpA 252, SpDef 4 & Spd 252
Ability: Protean
Pokemon's name: Diaz
Pokeball: Standard Pokeball
Moves: Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Scald, Hidden Power - Dark
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Kalos
Ribbons: Skillful Battler Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Has had PKRS. Also checked the memory and got "Battled at OT's side and defeated a Battle Chatelaine. Definitely remembers it was restless."

.com

Grumpy old man
~Wartortle problems~
I'm gonna direct you here rather than SQSR. If you're willing, post the full details of the Wartortle (using the form in the first post of this thread), it can be more thoroughly hack checked for you (and if everything seems fine from that, then perhaps someone can check some more of the hidden information to further confirm).

Obviously, if you bred the Pokémon yourself, then there shouldn't be an issue of it being a hack, in which case it may just be that whatever battle format you chose doesn't allow Wartortles. But that is something to be answered in the Simple Questions thread.
Moderator edit: Setting a prime example of "not" double posting!

I'm gonna direct you here rather than SQSR. If you're willing, post the full details of the Wartortle (using the form in the first post of this thread), it can be more thoroughly hack checked for you (and if everything seems fine from that, then perhaps someone can check some more of the hidden information to further confirm).

Obviously, if you bred the Pokémon yourself, then there shouldn't be an issue of it being a hack, in which case it may just be that whatever battle format you chose doesn't allow Wartortles. But that is something to be answered in the Simple Questions thread.
Moderator edit: Setting a prime example of "not" double posting!
Language: ENG
Species: Turtle Pokemon
OT: Andrastian
ID No.: 62647
IVs: 6 IVs
EVs (optional): 252 Att, 126 Def, 126 SpD
Ability: Rain Dish
Pokemon's name: Wartortle
Level: 50
Pokeball: Diveball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Fake Out, Waterfall, Power Up Punch, Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Day Care Helpers, Hatched 5/1/2015/Battle Resort/ORAS
Ribbons: None
Item: Eviolite

The message I am getting when I start a Rated Battle is "There is at least one Pokemon that is unable to participate"

I have no duplicate pokemon, no duplicate items. All pokemon are ORAS bred and only after I remove the Wartortle am I able to start the battle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)