General Introduce yourself!

Hey guys, I have been here for a long time and... It's a long story and I don't think I will contribute much to the forum because I'm very passive, I don't even play much anymore, I usually just watch battles. I just decided to write here because indroductions are cool, I guess.
Ah alright, welcome I guess. You've been around for a long time you say, but you made an account just now? Pity, since the Smogon forums are awesome. If you feel like battling on PS!/Wi-Fi some time, hit me up!

Hello!
My name is Anthony and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen IV. Last year when XY came out I dipped my toes into competitive a little but since then have lost all my games on a trip oops. I never TRULY got into competetive and im looking to learn more! I love doubles more than singles, i just fin it more interesting!

Hello!
My name is Anthony and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen IV. Last year when XY came out I dipped my toes into competitive a little but since then have lost all my games on a trip oops. I never TRULY got into competetive and im looking to learn more!
Welcome to Smogon.
I too started playing in gen IV, and started to get into competitive battling in X and Y. The forums are a great place to learn about competitive battling, hope you like it here :)

Hello there everyone.Mewtwo34 here.I'm 17.Have been for a while on Pokemon Showdown.Would like to get involved in Smogon as well.I'm just a beginner here.I would appreciate all kinds of support to me.Thanks in advance.

Hello there everyone.Mewtwo34 here.I'm 17.Have been for a while on Pokemon Showdown.Would like to get involved in Smogon as well.I'm just a beginner here.I would appreciate all kinds of support to me.Thanks in advance.
Yo Mewtwo34, weclome! Smogon is an awsome place, I'll tell ya. What tiers do you like?
Also, if you have any specific questions for now, check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread, or feel free to message me. We could even arrange a battle or two :)

Enjoy!

Hello. Looks like I've decided to go by Phonk here, which is a reference to a rapper who probably nobody here is aware of. I've been on competitive Pokemon on and off since the 4th gen and liked to do a variety of tiers back then. I've recently been back on that PS! for a minute trying different sets and stuff since I'm into originality. Sometimes it works, but I'm just in this for the fun, as it should be. Anyway, the only metagame I consider myself any good at this gen is RU. All the threats and stuff in the higher tiers overwhelms me for the time being, but I am trying to branch out for sure, little by little. I just like battling; I don't think I'll be getting involved with much else here with my busy life, but that could easily change. Word

Hello. Looks like I've decided to go by Phonk here, which is a reference to a rapper who probably nobody here is aware of. I've been on competitive Pokemon on and off since the 4th gen and liked to do a variety of tiers back then. I've recently been back on that PS! for a minute trying different sets and stuff since I'm into originality. Sometimes it works, but I'm just in this for the fun, as it should be. Anyway, the only metagame I consider myself any good at this gen is RU. All the threats and stuff in the higher tiers overwhelms me for the time being, but I am trying to branch out for sure, little by little. I just like battling; I don't think I'll be getting involved with much else here with my busy life, but that could easily change. Word
Sup Phonk. I didn't know it refers to a rapper. I do now 'phonk' as in slowed down funk in hip-hop. DJ Smokey, y'know. Love it.
Since you're into RU, are you also a bit into UU? I always think those tiers feel quite similar.

Have a good time around here, bud :)

Sup Phonk. I didn't know it refers to a rapper. I do now 'phonk' as in slowed down funk in hip-hop. DJ Smokey, y'know. Love it.
Since you're into RU, are you also a bit into UU? I always think those tiers feel quite similar.

Have a good time around here, bud :)
Yeah I was directly referencing the rapper SpaceGhostPurrp from Florida who mentions it a lot, as well as having an album called Mysterious Phonk. That Southern dark hazy sound is my shit though lol.

I actually had a wildly successful 6th gen UU team not too long ago, but that team got deleted when I cleared my history and cookies and I didn't back it up nor do I completely remember the sets lmao.

Yeah I was directly referencing the rapper SpaceGhostPurrp from Florida who mentions it a lot, as well as having an album called Mysterious Phonk. That Southern dark hazy sound is my shit though lol.

I actually had a wildly successful 6th gen UU team not too long ago, but that team got deleted when I cleared my history and cookies and I didn't back it up nor do I completely remember the sets lmao.
Damn that sucks. Also, SpaceGhostPurrp is effin dope. Do you dig Mack 187?

Welcome to Smogon.
The community here is really cool, hope you feel welcome here. I also really like Staraptor, it's just so badass. Being an admin on Indigo Plateau, I would guess you are quite familiar with the competitive scene, so what is your favorite tier? Mine is probably UU, because it has a lot of the pokemon I like to play with.
I've been primarily playing in OU, but a lot of the pokemon I like are in RU and UU, so I'm thinking of playing in one of those tiers. I also like mono type battling...I specialize in Ice...which is hard. ;-; haha

I've been primarily playing in OU, but a lot of the pokemon I like are in RU and UU, so I'm thinking of playing in one of those tiers. I also like mono type battling...I specialize in Ice...which is hard. ;-; haha
Awesome, I haven't really tried out monotype yet, but it seems like a lot of fun. Also, although a lot of the pokemon that you like are in UU and RU, you can still bring them to OU matches if you dare^^. Some UU pokemon actually work very well in the OU metagame, I personally have never played in OU with a full OU team.

Hello everyone, I'm a 17 french guy, I've been following Smogon since 4 years now.
I enjoy playing Pokémon like all of you and I oftenly organize tournaments in my region with these rules :
- Afternoon : OU 6v6 Smogon
- Morning : Funny rules like Team Magma vs Team Aqua or "Trade one of your pokes with the oppenent after a fight"

Hope I'll stick here for long and see you all around !

Hi I'm Matteo I'm from Italy and I'm 19.
I started play competitive pokemon this year, specially in VGC but I'm improving also my Singles skills.
Happy to be in this community from now :D

Hello everyone, I'm a 17 french guy, I've been following Smogon since 4 years now.
I enjoy playing Pokémon like all of you and I oftenly organize tournaments in my region with these rules :
- Afternoon : OU 6v6 Smogon
- Morning : Funny rules like Team Magma vs Team Aqua or "Trade one of your pokes with the oppenent after a fight"

Hope I'll stick here for long and see you all around !
Sup DelightGaming, welcome to the forums. Are your tournaments in Wi-Fi or PS! format? I'd like to know. If you have any questions for now, feel free to PM me about them!

Hi I'm Matteo I'm from Italy and I'm 19.
I started play competitive pokemon this year, specially in VGC but I'm improving also my Singles skills.
Happy to be in this community from now :D
Hey Matteo, welcome. I know 7 people from Italy, and they're all called Matteo, haha. I guess you're the 8th. I like VGC, but I'm more of a Singles person. Maybe we could battle some time, both in Singles and Doubles format. Would be cool!

If you have any specific questions for now, check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread, or feel free to message me.

Enjoy your time here :)

Sup DelightGaming, welcome to the forums. Are your tournaments in Wi-Fi or PS! format? I'd like to know. If you have any questions for now, feel free to PM me about them!
My tournaments are IRL bro but you just gave me the idea to do it IVL tho, maybe when we'll have our own website and not just a Facebook group + It's french so you wouldn't get it unless you are french, are you ?

My tournaments are IRL bro but you just gave me the idea to do it IVL tho, maybe when we'll have our own website and not just a Facebook group + It's french so you wouldn't get it unless you are french, are you ?
Nah I'm not French. I do speak and write a bit French though. Good idea man, keep Pokémon alive!

I've been playing on Showdown for a while now, but never joined Smogon. Now that I finally decided to, I'd like to formally introduce myself. My name is Ducem, and I decided it was finally time that I got a bit better at competitive battling (I'm okay at UU, but not great). So, I joined Smogon to better myself. As a general battler, I prefer to stick to UU, but I have gone into RU and NU a bit (Not too huge on OU or Ubers, if you couldn't tell). If you actually read this, a friendly response is greatly appreciated and a few general tips to battling would never go amiss. Thanks a lot in advance.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I've been playing on Showdown for a while now, but never joined Smogon. Now that I finally decided to, I'd like to formally introduce myself. My name is Ducem, and I decided it was finally time that I got a bit better at competitive battling (I'm okay at UU, but not great). So, I joined Smogon to better myself. As a general battler, I prefer to stick to UU, but I have gone into RU and NU a bit (Not too huge on OU or Ubers, if you couldn't tell). If you actually read this, a friendly response is greatly appreciated and a few general tips to battling would never go amiss. Thanks a lot in advance.
Hey Ducem!
Welcome to the site! Have you visited the forums of the tiers you like? You can get involved there with the discussions. Check out the questions threads if you need help getting around or anything else. Otherwise, have a great time here at the forums!

Hey Ducem!
Welcome to the site! Have you visited the forums of the tiers you like? You can get involved there with the discussions. Check out the questions threads if you need help getting around or anything else. Otherwise, have a great time here at the forums!
So far, I've mostly been viewing the forums, to see which ones I'm interested in. But so far, I think I found a few that l'd like to be in. Thanks for the advice.

Hi There! My name is Tyler and I am a college student that has just gotten into Pokemon again. ORAS brought me back, but this is my first time getting into competitive play and the meta-game. I am looking forward to using Smogon for information and updates on the meta. I am a little overwhelmed with the site at the moment, but I would like to learn how to properly format and post thread specifically for trading on the WiFi forum. I hoping to use it a lot to get more Pokemon to breed for competitive play. I hope to fit in here well :)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi There! My name is Tyler and I am a college student that has just gotten into Pokemon again. ORAS brought me back, but this is my first time getting into competitive play and the meta-game. I am looking forward to using Smogon for information and updates on the meta. I am a little overwhelmed with the site at the moment, but I would like to learn how to properly format and post thread specifically for trading on the WiFi forum. I hoping to use it a lot to get more Pokemon to breed for competitive play. I hope to fit in here well :)
Hey At_Teh_Cross!
Welcome to Smogon! You could take a look at some of the other threads in the Wi-Fi forum if you'd like, to get a feel as to what yours should look like. Check out the SQSA threads if you have any questions, or you can also consult the Help form. Have fun!
Yo! Draciel here, im basically a PO guy but decided to make a smogon account finally ;)
Hey Draciel RC!
Nice to meet you! If you need any help getting around the site or anything like that check out the threads I mentioned above or the Help form link above. Have a great time here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)