Project OU Player of the Week #26: Xtra$hine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner by Skarm™

Welcome to OU's Player of the week, a project where I interview well known players to gain insight on how they battle, as well as get to know some things about them. The goal of this thread is to have these high level players give insight to other players in this community in hopes of creating a better overall experience in the OU environment. As always, if there's someone you'd like to see interviewed, feel free to shoot me a PM. So without further ado, lets get to it!

xtra$hine
Most Known For:
that dude yo girl was last with, smogon tour 9 semi finals at the age of 13, goin like undefeated in wcop in bw era, becomming the Lavos Spawn, being a reckless balls 2 da walls player, you gotta be livin with patrick to not know me from somewhere smh im xtramous

Favorite Pokemon: Female Machamp

Most used Pokemon: do I really needa say it *sigh garchomp*

Where did you get your name from? I was texting the lord divine one; he said I gave you a big dick so go xtraShine 'em

How and when did you get into competitive battling?

First of I'd like to announce its my birthday today! AND this marks the 7th year anniversary of playing POKEMON!
On my birthday I got a pokemon pearl cartridge for my ds and that was the day I knew I was given this gift from God to make good use out of it. fast forward a couple of months and the day I finally beat the e4 I enter this pokemon youtube stream by pokefan26 and there I met four users that are still with me today being masterclass, Somalia, laurel, and jasonpwn. fastforward smogon tour season 9's first tour which was DPP and symphonyx64 linked the signups in a pokemon chat, so it for fun. I ended up getting finals on that first tour I ever joined. this boosted my ego so the next day I actually prepare for the next one and WIN the tour. after that weekend it was destined to become the very best like no1 ever was.

How do you feel about how ORAS plays compared to XY?

nothings changed because we consistently adapt to new metas every week without even realizing it

To add onto the above, thoughts on the team matchup issue?

I feel like the team matchup issue is heavily dependent on the slow balanced teams. Afterall if you think about it, these teams were made to "counter everything" in the current state of the metagame. However, with the metagame constantly changing, balance teams will always just have troubles with that one brilliant sweeper that ends up 6-0ing the opponents team. Don't believe me? check out Styles OST games. Every opponent she 6-0d was against a balanaced team. "She" took the advantage of thinking outside the box and creating the most bizzare sets that no one could ever think of countering, thus breaking the loopholes in standard balanced teams, and opening the thoughts on team matchup issues. From the way I see it, people who rely on balance teams will rely on their opponents to bring a standard team, as they created their own team to simply check and counter everything in the "current meta". This is also why HO players never face team matchup issue, and I advise everyone to start picking up on this style that is known as a "hard work pays off" playstyle.

Is there anything that you feel is suspect-worthy?

I say it isn't right suspect testing a variable at a time, and I'd like to see everything unbanned and retested all at once for more accurate analysis.

What's your favorite playstyle, and why is it HO?

like I said boys, skills > matchup if you believe in yourself that you don't need to rely on the matchups

What's your favorite generation of OU and why?

don't gotta favorite because I learn to adapt around my surroundings, I say OU is OU and pokemon is pokemon, whatever tier im in, ill learn to adapt with and be the best I can be

How do you go about preparing for tournament matches? Does the process differ depending on the tournament?

I put no thought process and usually rack up 30 second teams because of my insane team building mechanism I have encrypted in my system. from my experiments, the more I prepare, the more Ill choke and end up losing. this is why I never johned a battle and always try to get first blood, because I feel like you aren't getting better at pokemon if you play on a Monday night or a Thursday night, whats there to learn anymore? I like to tell myself to relax and blast mindless "trappin out the bando" music to synchronize with the mindless ho teams I use.

Favorites to win OST and Smogon Tour?

BLANCO QUEEF you finna win it by default just watch b, and for smogon tour haha thats a wrap, imma take it by barely sliding in the top 16 n winnin da whole thing yall will see

Thoughts on the newly introduced Smogon Classic? Favorite to win?

running outta tour ideas or feelin nostalgic o well just another trophy for me ahh

If you could change one thing about OU, what would it be and why?

Unbanning every suspect and retest all at once. I feel that testing one variable at a time is not sufficient and leads to erroneous results.

Do you have any advice for newer players for playing, and for Smogon in general?

be you homie, block out the haters, and focus on what you signed up for, yeah that's right we're all a slave to this for those colorful pix-elated trophies i'll admit it. also if anyones gonna take the time to question if you are an alt, take that as a compliment, and dont be that one "thing" that just takes it as an excuse to trigger their ptsds level so far enough causing them to quit the game they play to win for anyways. keep that shit at tumblr bruh.

If you could change one thing about Smogon as a whole to make it better, what would it be and why?

we need some gambling tour or something to win some money, cuz swagbucks.com aint putting food on the plates. we outchea china eat ya dig

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?

with my head up high, i cant look down at battlers, but at the same time i dont look up to battlers. The only thing that would ever gain my respect is creativity. that is why I put on my level are my niggas ben gay and CTC because these are the only dudes that still team build with passion and inspiration. shout outs to my niggas Zamrock Valentine Floppy Blightbringer Masterclass Leftiez and rest of afrabs, niggas at bof, and ofcourse SOMALIA for beein a1 with me since day 1

Finally, can you provide us a team that's a good fit for this metagame and reflects your playstyle, with a brief explanation of how it works?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Endeavor

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

best team I made in 2015, you let scoli lay hazards, tran is the scizor check and lures rotom and azu with solar beam, which threaten my team, but allow holes for scarf toge and dd ttar to do work. azus for exca, keldeo, and dragon resist, which otherwise 6-0s me, and gengar acts as a semi spinblocker / stall breaker/ fairy check. scarf toge is there for aids and being a decent lopunny check and pretty good with hazards (mainly tspikes), also no1 sees it coming and most teams are just 6-0d by this from lead jaja

---

as always, leave any questions you have for xtra down below. see you next week!

Last edited:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
First! (i hope)

but were u with my girl ;n;

plz no ;n;

but anyways, what do you feel about the Aegislash Suspect test? would it be good for OU, or should it stay in ubers?

thots on growlithe's viability in oras ou?
exactly how many hos do u have?
favorite mon to use in oras that isnt garchomp?

leremyju

Banned deucer.
what are your opinions on Jews?
have you ever kissed a girl?
what did you do after you choked dicks vs z0mog and chimpact?
can u explain this: http://pastebin.com/QDsUitdX
in your ideal metagame what would be unbanned or banned?
why u hate our fat balance teams D:?

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
xtra n_n

1) Thoughts on why Landorus is overrated by many battlers, to the point where its actually confirmed to be a future suspect? Do you agree with suspecting it? Why don't you believe its a banworthy threat and why do you think it sucks?

2) Like you, I admire creativity and nice teambuilding above all. What is your thought process when you build unorthodox teams? Do you just look at the teambuilder and say, "oh wow, emboar has reckless now? lemme build a team with it?!!!" How exactly do you support this pokemon?

3) What are the best pokemon in the metagame in your opinion? Top 3 please

4) When are you planning to let your brother know that you kissed him on the lips while he was passed out drunk? What do you think his reaction will be?

5) When are you looking forward to having your first kiss with a girl? What do you think is the biggest factor in you not being able to pick up chicks?

6) Most thrilling masturbating experience? Have you ever used a vacuum?

7) What are some underrated pokemon in your opinion? Top 3 most underrated please

8) Anything you feel like should be suspected in the near future? Thoughts on Aegi suspect test?

Have fun with these questions, sock buddE [;

thoughts on pokemon: Jirachi? can u not flinch me to death again bruh.

am I making it to afrabs this year?

how many gfs do u have atm? and do u use dem pick up lines with them?

do you have a zob?

Are you upset of how I ruined ur budding friendship with mexican library dudes?

Are you peeing in your pants out of fear because I'm going to destroy you in oupl?

Good to see you on of these xtra! With that said, I have some questions for you bud:

1. Who do you think is the best upcoming player or someone we should keep and eye on?
  2. Thoughts on the current suspect test?
  3. Favourite players to watch and who do you think is the best overall player of this gen is?
  4. What drew you to play HO?

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
yo my nigga why u lucky as SHIT in dpp w the cts and crits and dodges (BAN ME PLEASE), cant u use ur skill in a skillful tier like oras OH WAIT U CRIT MY GYARA IN THAT TIER TOO EAT ASS
when u build a team, how much time do u spend goin thru the basedlord's archive to decide which one to rip off?
i heard xtra got hella hoes and be sellin dope, but what do he be doin when mamas home
do this nigga yell allahu akhbar b4 using explosion in dpp?
whats ur fave whether? wait wait wait lemme guess,,, sand?
do u prefer women in silk hijabs or cotton?
when the isis were recruiting in ur area, did u tell em u were already a part of idm and couldnt participate?
- yung niggas alert trill livin xtrastuntin

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Would you do Taylor Swift? Would you beat up a nigga, aka Swift's biggest fan, aka MikeDecIsHere, in order to murder Taylor Swift's poonini?

Do you think niggas have a right to be angry when their passive ass Pokemon on a passive butthole team get critted?

just wanted to say that fire blast>aura sphere on toge and spower>eq on ttar would be a better rendition of the team you posted. fire blast lets you lure and roast steels such as zor, meta, skarm ferro, etc as u r weak to most of em and all aura hits is tran which you can cripple with trick and rest of team can handle. haven't rly found eq too useful on tar besides hitting metagross for good damage. having a way to bypass ferro especially is something id prefer since more often than not, it stops it from a sweep. other then that, looks solid :D gj and keep up the good werk p:

First! (i hope)

but were u with my girl ;n;

plz no ;n;

but anyways, what do you feel about the Aegislash Suspect test? would it be good for OU, or should it stay in ubers?
lol yh, but havnt battled in suspect cuz idc
Wait you made a team garchompless ? That aint extra at all
lol yh
thots on growlithe's viability in oras ou?
exactly how many hos do u have?
favorite mon to use in oras that isnt garchomp?
quality mon, good enough to beat the planktons of the ladder
every ho team i make secretly resembles one of my hoes
scolipenis
Is this "knowing c0mp from the serebii days" a meme? If not then how did you exactly meet on serebii?
its a fuggin meme haha, but in srsness i hung out with his serebii frends and id remember them bringing him up when he was an epic troll with purple hair
what are your opinions on Jews?
have you ever kissed a girl?
what did you do after you choked dicks vs z0mog and chimpact?
can u explain this: http://pastebin.com/QDsUitdX
in your ideal metagame what would be unbanned or banned?
why u hate our fat balance teams D:?
if only their presence is enuff to make haunter feel some type of way then they aight
lol i only kissed the cpr doll from health class
meditated and focused my chakara for future battles
its for science class
everything unbanned follow nintendo rules
i like my girls skinny with brains
xtra n_n

1) Thoughts on why Landorus is overrated by many battlers, to the point where its actually confirmed to be a future suspect? Do you agree with suspecting it? Why don't you believe its a banworthy threat and why do you think it sucks?

2) Like you, I admire creativity and nice teambuilding above all. What is your thought process when you build unorthodox teams? Do you just look at the teambuilder and say, "oh wow, emboar has reckless now? lemme build a team with it?!!!" How exactly do you support this pokemon?

3) What are the best pokemon in the metagame in your opinion? Top 3 please

4) When are you planning to let your brother know that you kissed him on the lips while he was passed out drunk? What do you think his reaction will be?

5) When are you looking forward to having your first kiss with a girl? What do you think is the biggest factor in you not being able to pick up chicks?

6) Most thrilling masturbating experience? Have you ever used a vacuum?

7) What are some underrated pokemon in your opinion? Top 3 most underrated please

8) Anything you feel like should be suspected in the near future? Thoughts on Aegi suspect test?

Have fun with these questions, sock buddE [;
landorus is over hyped and exaggerated when neggas say it beats every playstyle. sure it troubles balance but so does many other hidden threats. if it beats your ho team, then theres a 99.9% your ho team also loses to exca in sand.
im finna lay down my team buildin strat right quick. what i do is play games in my head against standard teams and see how they go until i create a lord squad. for unorthadox shit i just slap it with the other slapped ins
scolipede / garchomp / azumarill
idk if i cud ever explain dat, especially with what i did after i smooched
when i stop makin pokemon teams for a livin, severe cystic acne
masturbating in a bra hanging on wires, lol lemme add dat 2 my notes
emboar / mega ttar / entei
everything suspected / idc bout it
How do you handcuff a one armed woman?
by her nipples
Iron def Skarm / Hp fire ferro / Scarf ttar iron head ??????????????????
Im blessed
lol gimme captain nub
thoughts on pokemon: Jirachi? can u not flinch me to death again bruh.

am I making it to afrabs this year?

how many gfs do u have atm? and do u use dem pick up lines with them?

do you have a zob?
more aids than smashpass but u can get away with it, haha owned
lol only if im captain bro
every hoe i got resembles a ho team ive made, clearly only works on girls as saw on a certain somebody
3ndi ks kbeeri
problem?
Are you upset of how I ruined ur budding friendship with mexican library dudes?

Are you peeing in your pants out of fear because I'm going to destroy you in oupl?
man i was about to make my 1st pair of frends fuck you
lol no, im peeing in my pants cuz im laughing so hard how you think ur gonna destroy me
Good to see you on of these xtra! With that said, I have some questions for you bud:
  1. Who do you think is the best upcoming player or someone we should keep and eye on?
  2. Thoughts on the current suspect test?
  3. Favourite players to watch and who do you think is the best overall player of this gen is?
  4. What drew you to play HO?
me
idc
me me
me
still waiting for my payment from taking your history final for you bro
lilnig it aint bout the money yall
yo my nigga why u lucky as SHIT in dpp w the cts and crits and dodges (BAN ME PLEASE), cant u use ur skill in a skillful tier like oras OH WAIT U CRIT MY GYARA IN THAT TIER TOO EAT ASS
when u build a team, how much time do u spend goin thru the basedlord's archive to decide which one to rip off?
i heard xtra got hella hoes and be sellin dope, but what do he be doin when mamas home
do this nigga yell allahu akhbar b4 using explosion in dpp?
whats ur fave whether? wait wait wait lemme guess,,, sand?
do u prefer women in silk hijabs or cotton?
when the isis were recruiting in ur area, did u tell em u were already a part of idm and couldnt participate?
- yung niggas alert trill livin xtrastuntin
ahh i was anticipating this so lemme just lay em all flat
1st off, just cuz your anus squads arent as impeccable as mine doesnt mean its a ct, cmon now thats 3-0 against u in a row smh. 2nd off crits didnt matter and were as useless as a rapid spin critting a focus sash, 3rd off maybe if you cud put toothpicks over ur eyesockets then u cud extend ur slits n stop dodgin moves. LAST N NOT LEAST i literally tried 2 let u win n u still lost smh
this is where imma really roast u, WHY YOU TRYNA REVOKE MY IDM RIGHTS? YOU INSECURE CUZ I BE STEALIN UR TEAMS? BOI U BEST KNOW IM JUST THERE TO HELP RESOLVE EVERY MAJOR MISTAKE U PUT ON THEM
lol yh
lol yh
silk feels good when im lathering my palms against their body
part of idm? smh. gimme back my rights nub, im just tryna work with u, cant beleive i had 2 give u a shout out even tho it was hard enuff 2 do that sigh
we out
Would you do Taylor Swift? Would you beat up a nigga, aka Swift's biggest fan, aka MikeDecIsHere, in order to murder Taylor Swift's poonini?

Do you think niggas have a right to be angry when their passive ass Pokemon on a passive butthole team get critted?
id do her swiftly and make her wear a burqa so men such as MikeHawkIsHere, will never law a glimpse of sight at her.
lol no man, niggas need 2 take their losses if thats what they signed up for. altho i do wish they have sum sd chomp answers
why are you obsessed with scolipede?
cuz it reminds me of my weener
just wanted to say that fire blast>aura sphere on toge and spower>eq on ttar would be a better rendition of the team you posted. fire blast lets you lure and roast steels such as zor, meta, skarm ferro, etc as u r weak to most of em and all aura hits is tran which you can cripple with trick and rest of team can handle. haven't rly found eq too useful on tar besides hitting metagross for good damage. having a way to bypass ferro especially is something id prefer since more often than not, it stops it from a sweep. other then that, looks solid :D gj and keep up the good werk p:
fireblast on toge mite be okay, however i just used aura sphere to ensure i check bisharp and be useful against heatran. also outspeeds n checks scarf tar
however i disagree wit superpower on ttar because the whole point of spikes + sr + sand was to get in keldeos eq range after a dd, also eq can be good if you dont wanna risk hitting se, also +1 eq 1hkos metagross, but still gud suggestion
have you ever masturbated into a sock
wanna see a pic
have u ever tried playing stall?
the one time i did, i was constipated for 1hr in the toilet so i took my phone n played there, cant believe i wiped my ass n washed my hands before it got 6-5
thanks for being a lord and posting your HO squads, they are so fun
thx

1) Top 5 most broken Pokemon ever allowed in OU?
2) Most annoying Pokemon behind a Substitute?
3) If you are given the opportunity to let Garchomp learn a move that it can't previously, what move would it be and why?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)