Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I had no issue with Mightyena. Use Xerneas, Mega Lucario, Heracross and maybe Scizor? I beat and S-ranked the dog with +5 Moves no problem.

No idea how to go about S-ranking Timburr and Mega Aerodactyl though. They're the only two mons in my way to unlocking Genesect.

I had no issue with Mightyena too with Mega Lucario and Heracross, I didn't beat him with Xerneas, but only get a S-rank. I caught every Pokemon bar Mewtwo & Genesect ... I manage to get a S-rank with Mega Glalie (with mega start) and Ampharos (without items). But I'm not sure how to get a S-rank on some ranks like Milotic, Onix, Froakie, etc...

Does +5 turn have an impact on S-rank ? because it doesn't have an impact on capture rate.

Good job Lucchini on all thoses S-ranks ! I have 10 s-ranks missings

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
+5 Turns does affect S ranks so definitely use them on any stage that looks like it'll be a tough S rank otherwise. Mega Aerodactyl is a total mess to S rank despite how much easier it is to just beat it. Complexity -1 actually works here though since the falling rock blocks that come in technically count as an extra non-support Pokemon for some reason. Still, that alone eliminates the randomness of the falling blocks. Using the other items alongside it is probably useful, I don't remember which ones I used besides +5 Turns and that.

Timburr I don't know, I just got lucky and S ranked that on my second try. I had Mega Mewtwo Y/Espeon/Xerneas/Slowbro and just relied on Mewtwo possibly forming a good combo.

Hmm, I don't like the fact that the game is 'over' and that I have to wait for new stages. Guess this will be the end of Pokémon Shuffle for me.

I still can't figure out how to get Mewtwonite Y for my Mewtwo.
I caught Mewtwo last night, and the same thing happened. Showed it, but not the mega stone. So I manually put it in the mega slot, sorted my pokemon by descending attack, and Mewtwo showed in the list with the stone. Dragged that one into the mega slot, and problem fixed.

I'm assuming when they finally release the alternate mega stones, it will toggle between them each time you drag that particular pokemon into the slot.

I caught Mewtwo last night, and the same thing happened. Showed it, but not the mega stone. So I manually put it in the mega slot, sorted my pokemon by descending attack, and Mewtwo showed in the list with the stone. Dragged that one into the mega slot, and problem fixed.

I'm assuming when they finally release the alternate mega stones, it will toggle between them each time you drag that particular pokemon into the slot.
I'll try that, but when I put Mewtwo into the Mega Slot, no stone appeared. I guess I could try it by descending attack?

Edit: you need to choose Mewtwo manually from the list. And I don't mean just shuffle him around in your party. I mean choose him from the list, and I mean the big, long one. Then the stone will appear. Strange glitch, but if you do exactly just that, you have access to Mega Mewtwo. After you select Mewtwo in this way, you'll always have access to M-Mewtwo.

I'll try that, but when I put Mewtwo into the Mega Slot, no stone appeared. I guess I could try it by descending attack?

Edit: you need to choose Mewtwo manually from the list. And I don't mean just shuffle him around in your party. I mean choose him from the list, and I mean the big, long one. Then the stone will appear. Strange glitch, but if you do exactly just that, you have access to Mega Mewtwo. After you select Mewtwo in this way, you'll always have access to M-Mewtwo.
Thanks for clarifying man!

That safari thing is stupid :( The catch rate is probably false : DAMNED
I spent my 5 hearts on it.. and I only encountered Cherrim and Spinda. Caught them both with a ~30% catch rate though, but they're pretty useless. Are these the only mons I can encounter in this Safari Thing? Because I don't want to waste more hearts on it if I can only encounter these two D:

There are 5 Pokemons. Cherrim, Cherubi, Carvanha, Sharpedo and Spinda. I spend all my hearts. I always manage to beat them with high catch rates but didn't catch them.

The probability is probably wrong !

That safari thing is stupid :( The catch rate is probably false : DAMNED
Exactly! I just got an S-rank on a Spinda, after beating the stuffing out of one. One would think he wouldn't've been able to move, let alone escape, after the beating I put him through, but that is exactly what he did! I call fowl hax!!!

I am not using a Great Ball on a Spinda, so stop trying to make me, game!

I decided to quit trying to catch these safari mons. I keep wasting my hearts, and RNGod hates me. S-ranked them all several times, only caught Spinda and Cherrim.

>.>

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, it was really smart of them to make a stage where you don't even know what you're gonna be playing for. Great way to make people use up all their hearts and want to get more. Fortunately, I've already caught almost everything else (and the stuff I don't have I don't really want to go for yet) so I've just been using all my hearts at the Safari, it's pretty fun.

I've used up two of my fucking Jewels and a Great Ball, but I managed to find and catch Sharpedo last night, so I don't have to worry about that. Now I just need to wait for the Mega Stone.

Now encountering mostly Spindas and Cherubis is just a major annoyance, as opposed to outright frustrating. I kind of regret using up a Great Ball on Cherubi, but I wanted to catch SOMETHING, and I kept S-ranking it, and it still got away, so...

Now at least I don't care if I catch Carvahna, though not finding Cherrim any more is annoying. It is very annoying having to choose between voiding your heart and just battling it out when you encounter something you've already caught.

Yeah, it was really smart of them to make a stage where you don't even know what you're gonna be playing for. Great way to make people use up all their hearts and want to get more. Fortunately, I've already caught almost everything else (and the stuff I don't have I don't really want to go for yet) so I've just been using all my hearts at the Safari, it's pretty fun.
Yes me too ... BUT WHERE IS THAT F****** SHARPEDO ? Two days with intense playing (I use all my hearts on that), so that's around 40 games at least, and still no Sharpedo !!! Cherubi was caught. Only Sharpedo is missing but I can't see him :((((((((((((((

I've managed to catch Cherrim, but Carvanha is still that one sneaky bastard who continues to evade or escape me. I am cursing Nintendo for not giving out enough Lucarionites again, because the Pokémon I have to work with don't always weaken Carvanha enough.

At least I have Sharpedo though.

Yeah, I wish they'd at least released Scizor or Heracross Mega stages before this, since Bug is the most consistent effective type for Safari.

Reactions: JES
Exactly. If I had Mega Heracross or Scizor, that'd make things a little easier. But no, they have to make things difficult for everyone else!

Hey, News Flash Nintendo: not everyone can throw money at this for a solution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)