2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
maybe with david luiz its worth considering he was playing less than 10 days after he was ruled out for a month with a muscle injury in his leg? There's absolutely no way he wasn't on ridiculous amounts of painkillers to play that game, and no shit strong painkillers + limited mobility makes you a bad defender. Luiz for the season has been much better than this game, and so its silly to judge him for the fact the medical staff/manager were idiotic enough to play him.

Van Gaal says Rooney might have to play as holding mid due to injuries, gg Chelsea.

Also did anyone hear that Sean St Ledger, who was at Ipswich last season making a total of 0 appearances, is now playing alongside Kaka at Orlando City and reportedly dating Taylor Swift... The magic of the MLS...

Van Gaal says Rooney might have to play as holding mid due to injuries, gg Chelsea.

Also did anyone hear that Sean St Ledger, who was at Ipswich last season making a total of 0 appearances, is now playing alongside Kaka at Orlando City and reportedly dating Taylor Swift... The magic of the MLS...
I don't understand why people diss the MLS. Its a decent league that is improving its talent every year and has different teams at the top every year. Plus the league is during the summer when there aren't any other leagues on so we still have something to watch

I didn't see anyone diss the MLS there. But if you are looking for reason how about because the majority of players are not very good at all and it just proves to be a handy retirement complex for aged players to finish their careers.

I didn't see anyone diss the MLS there. But if you are looking for reason how about because the majority of players are not very good at all and it just proves to be a handy retirement complex for aged players to finish their careers.
the retirement league is now in India and China haha. MLS is actually decent now

I don't understand why people diss the MLS. Its a decent league that is improving its talent every year and has different teams at the top every year. Plus the league is during the summer when there aren't any other leagues on so we still have something to watch
Hey, in the summer they also play in the norwegian league called Tippeligaen, but please don't watch that sh*t, it's so bad...

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Hazard was on fucking steroids tonight and Oscar's assist was beautiful and accurate but he didn't do shit for the rest of the game. And every one tries to park the bus, we're hated because we're the only ones who get it right time and again lol Haters gonna hate.

So classic Liverpool, Stevie's birthday, leave the club with a trophy, some fans talking like Aston Villa were gonna turn up with a red carpet for them, getting way too excited too early... Sterling's stalling over a new contract, Liverpool could easily fall into a cycle of constantly having to rebuild like Tottenham recently. I feel bad for them and bad for the league because moneybags City, Chelsea and Utd have more resources and Arsenal will slowly start to pull away into that group too. The teams behind just can't compete. That gap will get wider and wider in future and it's not helped by the fact top clubs have the first pick of promising young players too. It feels like the youth leagues will become more exciting to watch because at least most of the players there will have been brought through by each of the clubs themselves (more or less).

Well I am certain Man U will still give us a chance but right now we wont take that for sure. I feel like next year will be pivotal for the top 4, I did predict that all the teams in last years top 4 would make a wider gap this year but that was when we had Suarez. But next year if Man U can build on this season by signing the right players and those players go on to perform to their highest ability you can only see the top 4 going on to consolidate for the foreseeable future. Just how would anyone break into it? Surely Arsenal will improve and finally put together a good consistent season, the title race could genuinely be excellent next year without 2 teams pulling away so early. Sadly my club had the chance to build on a good season, we only needed a few players but instead we blew money on Lambert, Ballotelli, Markovic altogether 36m I believe, we still could have got with that a top striker to replace Suarez along with Lallana, Lovren, Moreno, and Can, who at the time were necessary signings maybe they will all be a bit disappointed with how they have turned out themselves but at the time I couldn't argue with them. But it was clear to all that we needed a striker to replace Suarez someone of true absolute quality and we failed. For our countless blunders in the premier league era we are paying for it. I still hold the slim hope that Man U hand us 4th with some favourable results for us but I just don't think it will happen at all. Now I just don't know what we can do, we literally will be relying on teams better than us to not show up for next season or we just have to win the Europa League.

Jesus phalanx you are so defensive. City have an easier run-in man it is a simple as that. Everton Arsenal Palace are not teams that would be surprising if they defeat you.

Yes phalanx if only it worked like that right, we beat City therefore we should beat everyone else but Chelsea right? All I am saying is If Everton beat you few would be shocked and the same goes for Palace and Arsenal it just wouldn't be surprising, even though you are finally clicking everyone can see that you still have poor personnel in defence so it just wouldn't be unlikely.

Predictions

Barcelona 1-0 PSG

Can't see PSG overturning their deficit, though they'll give it a good go. Barca to hit one fairly late on, on the counter.
e: shit
e: oh COME ON

Bayern Munich 2-2 Porto

Munich will push and push but they'll be let down by slack defending and a portuguese team full of belief. Two goals for Munich will give them great hope, but as they push for the third they'll be more susceptible, leading to a Porto comeback.
e: SHIT

Monaco 2-1 Juventus

Juventus will go through on away goals, though it'll be tight due to Pogba and Vidal both being absent.

Real Madrid 2-1 Atletico Madrid

Memories of last year's final will be brought up as a late, late winner will advance RMA to the semis.

Last edited:
SUPER BAYERN SUPER BAYERN HEY HEY

incredible show tonight, exactly the needed reaction. Porto had as much attempts as they had a week ago but Bayern didn't make any faults thus the deserved result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)