Pokémon Rumble World

I was playing Rumble World, and I was using my 480 or so zard. I get the Ryperior area in the Diamond Balloon, get a Rydon, and IT WAS 580 POWER! Has anyone else had such a situation where you get a regular Mon that is so much more powerful then your other pokemon?

Also, sorry if I failed on the names. Auto correct is a jerk lol.
Haha I had this happen recently. I had a fantastic 1780 rayquaza and I captured a 2047 arceus. I often find the biggest max power jumps comes from legendaries. I caught Mew in the same location but want a higher power one now I've completed the area - no such luck so far. It barely shows up and isn't guaranteed to wobble. It's so cute though. Also I got bug forme arceus which is probably the worst one hahah.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Not quite an Epic mon but I got a Rusty 2111 Power Dialga which turned into Excellent with Techie+/Mighty/Steady/Healthy/Snappy/Brawny, just in time to find a replacement for the slowly weakening Snappy 1684 Mewtwo who carried me for so long. Trying to figure out a moveset to make most use of those traits. Shame that Steady means I can't run Bulk Up or Protect on it but at the same time I can run 2 attacks. Atm running Roar of Time/Draco Meteor to abuse Snappy/Steady and give me both burst and sustained damage and it just tore apart the Dark Emperor hard challenge solo.

EDIT: Apparently Techie doesn't work on Metal Claw =/

Last edited:
Just OHKO'd a boss for the first time, haha. It was a Sharpedo with my 1111 Speedy Hariyama with Bulk Up + Dynamic Punch.
It felt good.

I've also found that Bulk Up + Drain Punch is extremely good (I have it on a Hitmonchan). You can basically charge into anything and heal the damage off consistently.

Other than that, I've unlocked and bought the Starlight Balloon and I'm out of eShop money, so I only have 34 gems left.

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got an awesome Pidove :) Lucky and Greedy (yay money whore) and Steady which is irrelevant. Other two are useful as fuck though. Got a few legendary today but nothin special about them.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
What determines the power a gift pokemon will have? Does having a higher rank increase it?
Having tested the Litleo one not too long ago (and grabbing Pancham and Smeargle), they have predetermined powers, it turns out. Uncertain if there's a 'ceiling' power level for them, though, similar to previous titles...will check again later.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As far as Im concerned gift mons don't increase in power. I'm at rank 70 and I have not seen an increase in gift power. This applies to both getting the gift at that rank as well as gifts received at lower ranks.

In the original rumble, certain gifts (Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, etc) were simply set to a high power and were kept down by the game's global power locks, which you slowly undo as you move up ranks.

What in particular determines the Power new Pokemon can be at? I've noticed they've been usually hovering around 900-1000 for me right now, barring occasional bosses breaking 1100.

What in particular determines the Power new Pokemon can be at? I've noticed they've been usually hovering around 900-1000 for me right now, barring occasional bosses breaking 1100.
I'm pretty sure it's a combination of your rank and the pokemon you have. I've noticed that there are sometimes crazy variances in normal pokemon, like a rydon I got that was 100 power above most of my pokemon. I think for bosses, the average is increased, giving us a formula like this, possibly: Rank x variable + boss variable, or something like that. But I can tell that bosses, regular pokemon, and legends have different formulas. I don't know the specifics.

Jibaku

You can get any move that you have obtained that's compatible with Groudon's gen 6 learnset. For example, if you capture a mon with Lava Plume, that move becomes available for Groudon, even if that mon/move has been deleted. However, Groudon cannot learn Slash, even though it learned it by levelup before HGSS, since it's not part of its Gen 6 learnset.

Jibaku

I got a Fantastic ~2160 Mewtwo, which, unlike my two rusty Pokemon Dialga and Xerneas, came with a terrible set of traits - Feisty/Mighty/Snappy/Resilient/Gutsy/Steady. Steady means I can't set up, and Feisty messes up my Psystrike chaining. Currently looking for workarounds and Im tossing in Focus Punch/Psystrike in the meantime w/ Mewtwonite X. Now Focus Punch has completely absurd amounts of power (it's stronger than Roar of Time, which in turn is more than twice as powerful as Precipice Blades), and Steady fixes its startup, and maybe I can make use of Feisty to make it harder for enemies to retaliate. Idk

Hopefully that'll come in handy for the rank 78 challenge which i hear is EXTREMELY difficult. The rank 75 challenge was already pretty daunting so I'm scared. I got like 60something Mewtwos yesterday trying to get one with Snappy and a lot of my pokediamonds went down the drain :(.

Speaking of signature moves I'll list some of my experiences with them

Psystrike - Awfully slow without Snappy, ridiculously spammable with it. With Snappy you can just stunlock people for days while vaporizing them, but without it, not only do you lose that stunlocking ability, you also lose substantial mobility due to the long cast time. My 1684 Mewtwo remained better at Psystriking than my 2204 Healthy+ one. 3/5

Aeroblast - Never tried it. Looks okay though. Also not listing other moves I haven't tried.

Sacred Fire - The hitbox is unforgivingly small and it's kinda slow =/. 2/5

Origin Pulse - Monstrous. Covers like everything but unfortunately has a noticeable windup and endlag and the move has several blindspots which gets annoying. Extremely fun to destroy stages with. 4.5/5

Precipice Blades - Pretty op. Instant wide ranged AoE and is relatively spammable. Moderately powerful, although pales in comparison to the likes of Roar of Time or Draco Meteor. 5/5

Dragon Ascent - This move can never replace the brokenness of original rumble Sky Attack, even though it looks similar (fast powerful charge in Flying attack). Defense drop hurts when you're charging in. Requires Protect to go alongside it to do much in. I guess it's a free megastone for Rayquaza though. 2/5

Roar of Time - Slow, but insanely powerful and covers such a massive area. From my experience, Precipice Blades does approximately 2/5ths of its damage, which is pretty insane. Decent neutral coverage, pretty fun to spam with Snappy. 4.5/5

Spacial Rend - Seems a bit laggy 3/5

Shadow Force - This is that move that annoys you when the bosses run it, due to extended invincibility time during their longer chargeup. Pretty meh otherwise. You charge in after some startup duration and uhh...that's it. 3/5

Judgment - Incredible move with absurd range and tracking power. It's also multihit and the bullets can curve if it follows a target that's already dead, potentially giving you a lot of bullets on the screen at once. Only downside is that, since it isn't exactly an AoE move (it's just a single target move that can hit multiple times or multitarget to some extent), it's not very good at clearing out waves. 4.5/5

Fusion Bolt - Fast charge in but has a laggy finish so I don't know. Seems meh 3.5/5

Bolt Strike - Electric Zen Headbutt? Seems like it could be decent but I havent used it because I don't have it. It is a charge in move though so that's still a downside. Startup lag may be noticeable, but the range and speed seems promising, along with power and para change.

Fusion Flare - This move blows 1/5

Blue Flare - This is what happens when you combine Origin Pulse and Judgment together. You get homing, exploding blue fireballs that seem to set the entire stage on fire. Slow startup though, and not very good when used up close. 4.5/5

Glaciate - What's so special about this move? 3/5

Geomancy - So uh this is Bulk Up that also increases your Speed. Fast cast time and grants a great set of boosts. 5/5

Oblivion Wing - Long ranged beam with decent power. Gives Yveltal a ton of sustain which is nice, although it's not all that powerful and is a bit laggy. 4/5

Land's Wrath - Seems too short ranged to be able to do much.

Diamond Storm - Free Defense boost is nice. Okay sized AoE with what seems like a fast cast time. Haven't tried it myself though.

Last edited:

Jibaku

The 3 rayquazas I've captured came with it. Then again I caught Rayquaza p. late in the game so that might make getting high * moves easier I guess.

You can get any move that you have obtained that's compatible with Groudon's gen 6 learnset. For example, if you capture a mon with Lava Plume, that move becomes available for Groudon, even if that mon/move has been deleted. However, Groudon cannot learn Slash, even though it learned it by levelup before HGSS, since it's not part of its Gen 6 learnset.
So the move totours teach ALL THE MOVES!?
(That the pokemon can learn of course.)

Jibaku

All the moves the Pokemon can learn in its gen 6 learnset, barring a few that aren't programmed into the game like Metronome

I decided to head back to Zygarde's area, and when I got to him, he was sparkling! I was very happy. I didn't have to use a weak Gusty+ Oddish to try to get him. After spamming the hell out of Aeroblast, I got him. Wanna know what he had for a trait?
FREAKIN' EFFECTIVE!
YEAH, SCREW YOU ICE TYPES!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Currently at rank 79 with 6 Pokémon left (713 total). I'm 100% convinced that Wormadam is impossible to wobble considering I've killed the last two with ~100 Endeavor hits. The only balloon I haven't completed 100% is Plasma Tundra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)