Project Little Cup Showcase [Voting]

Alright OP and Heysup you both will be kicking off showcase battles. Please announce your battles as soon as you schedule it. Post battle I expect team and game analyses.

Nominating Levi for this, Levi is probably one of the best LC builders/battlers I know and has had great success in the recent tournament, would love to see him play more

Sorry for super long wait everybody. We were trying to get some high quality games to begin with, which went alright. Not to spoil anything, but Game 1 was good,while the others had some pretty huge missplays from the both of us. We were going to try to schedule to play some more matches but I've been super busy recently and my schedule doesn't mash up too well with Heysup's. I also asked him if he wanted to just post what we had but then somehow missed the notification for when he responded. Sorry once again, hope it was somewhat worth the wait and please don't nominate me again, at least for awhile n_n

---

Game 1

I didn't have a clear win condition going into this game, but my max SpA Download Porygon with HP Fire looked to put in a lot of work. I led with it expecting anything but Onix to come out because I have a Staryu. It beats everything 1 on 1 and I'm ok with being tricked because if Gothita doesn't have Scarf, Staryu becomes a lot more threatening. Porygon gets locked into Tri Attack and becomes setup bait for Honedge so I'm forced to use a combination of Aftermath Drifloon and max attack Pawniard to deal with it. Even though Heysup had great Pawniard switchins, I was running more attack than standard and expected him to stay in hoping for another kill. Honedge being gone lets me spin more freely with Staryu, while Chespin and Spritzee become more threatening. At this point I focus on getting Porygon is as safely as possible because it can get a kill or severely weaken Onix every time it comes in. I'm also trying to get Staryu in because Heysup didn't have a good switchin to Scald/Psychic. Unfortunately when I brought Staryu in, he stayed in with Onix on my Rapid Spin and got 4 hits with Rock Blast, so Staryu was gone.

My end game goal had become to keep Spritzee and Pawniard alive because with sacks, they can win the game. The most threatening mon he had left was Fletchling, so I had to work around it carefully. I used Pawniard to check it and clicked Knock Off anytime I expected him to switch out of it. I manage to catch both Onix and Mienfoo with Knock Off, and it becomes clear Spritzee can win the game from there. Had I not hit them with Knock Offs, the game would have come down to him wearing Pawniard down and being able to win with Fletchling. I play safely and Spritzee ends up pulling through and I win the game.

Game 2

At team preview, LO Abra obviously had a great matchup. I led with the same Porygon set as last game because I thought it once again beat everything 1 on 1 except Archen but Heysup would fear Ice Beam anyway. I manage to bring Drilbur to 50% and kill Skrelp while Heysup only got rocks up. He then reveals that he is LO Mienfoo and I knew that this matchup suddenly got a lot harder. I'm able to break Magnemite's Sturdy with Spritzee, letting my Abra put in even more work. Every time Mienfoo comes in, I'm forced to sack something, but at the same time I get Abra in for a kill. Heysup's Mienfoo was low enough to die to HP Fighting on turn 8 so I'm free to make the "prediction" and clear out his best Abra check in Magnemite. After this, he brings in Archen and I need to weaken or kill it with Abra. When it tanks the Psychic decently well, I expected it to be a bulkier variant and not to have enough Attack to 2HKO my Porygon. He ends up low rolling me when I send Porygon out, further contributing to this idea. The next turn he gets a normal roll and knocks out Porygon, making me realize that I had at least weaken it with Abra and I had a 50% chance to flat out kill. I end up getting the favorable roll.

The goal, once again, becomes to keep Spritzee as healthy as possible and to use my other Pokemon as sacks to Drilbur. The plan ends up going great other than me miscounting Tailwind turns and then losing a 50/50 in which he obviously wouldn't sack his win condition of Mienfoo. I'm left with Spritzee at high enough health to easily take Mienfoo's HJK and can use Calm Mind to fully wall Cottonee. Unfortunately, I was not left at high enough health to tank a Poison Jab which he reveals. Very nicely played on Heysup's part and I end up losing because I had not accounted for it.

Game 3

This was looking like a really bad matchup for me from Team Preview. No clear win condition and nothing that can beat a significant amount of his team. I'm able to Knock Off Mienfoo and get rocks up at the cost of my FletchDig counter. I then trap Mienfoo with Gothita, leading me to believe that I can spam Knock Off with Scarf Pawniard to wallbreak much of his team. Going into the series I knew Heysup rarely brought hazard removal and I was a little surprised when his Archen Defogged. This revealed to me that he had to be Sash Diglett and I should have kept Archen alive. My only Fletchling check now has to rely on a 30% chance to kill Diglett, if Heysup even risks that. I try to bring in Gastly when I can because I can freely Shadow Ball and weaken his team, knowing he wouldn't risk his Fletchling. Heysup makes a smart double and doesn't allow me to do anything with Gastly while pressuring my team with his own Fletchling. I know sending in Chinchou will lead to relying on the 30% burn chance but I have no other play to make. I don't get the burn on Diglett and Chinchou goes down. To revenge Diglett, I mistakenly use Scarf Pawniard thinking that he didn't have anything to switch into it. Pawniard becomes setup fodder and I have to try to get a crit to KO Fletchling. After he sets up and Pawniard dies, my only chance is to bluff Sucker Punch on Gastly, which he thankfully falls for. Heysup accidentally sends out Diglett, giving me another opportunity into this game. I'm able to bring about a 50/50 situation with Gastly and luckily win it.

GGs Heysup, fun series even if we both had huge missplays :D

Doing this on my phone rip

G1

I tend to hate dealing with Staryu, Pawniard and Porygon, but the other half of his team seems pretty easy for me to set up Spikes, SR, and Fletchling.

I made a few good plays off the bat, getting Porygon tricked into a Normal-type attack and setting up with Honedge. Now where could have arguably made a better play was saccing Honedge to Pawniard. I believe 79% HP is 19 HP, and max Atk Jolly Pawniard (which is what he was, i think) only has a 1/16 chance of actually KOing my variant of Honedge (with HP over SpD). With Pawniard down, Fletchling was good to go. However, the gamble did not pay off and it was uphill fight from there. I figured, since he KOed Pawniard he actually had less investment in Defense, later in the game and tried to win the prediction war with Fletchling / Mienfoo versus Pawniard, but he got the Knock Off. I'm not sure if he realized Knock Off was unlikely to KO Fletchling at that point, but either way, he hit me with Knock Off which swiftly ended the game.

GG.

G2

I have this team built with the Abra and Gastly weakness in mind, but luckily neither of those Pokemon can switch into shit so I don't mind having to play around them with Magnemite, Cottonee, and Archen. Archen is EV'd to take a Psychic and so is Cottonnee.

I know already that my path to victory is to dent Abra (break the sash if it has), Knock Off Spritzee, bop it with Mienfoo's LO Poison Jab, and keep pounding away at his team with HJK backed by Tailwind. The match ends up going pretty well for me, but he keeps Abra's LO secret from me, as I think he just made a crazy prediction to Magnemite because non LO HP Fighting would probably not have KOed Mienfoo. If I had realized it was LO, I could have started popping Tailwinds earlier and basically ended the game after 2-3 Tailwinds + Mienfoo HJK spams.

Either way, I get to the point where its Mienfoo vs a dented + Knocked Off Spritzee. I reveal Poison Jab and tank a Psychic with Cottonee to win the game.

GG.

G3

My team is a classic FletchDig, but with some bulk and wish support to contend with bulkier offensive teams that don't instantly crumble to Fletchling. He seems to have a pretty hard time with foo, so that's an obvious lead for me. If it's Gothita, I survive and KO anyway. If it's Archen, that's 1 Fletchling counter down.

After I get rid of this, I word towards getting Chinchou in. I successfully get it in and switch Diglett into Scald, relying on the burn chance not proccing or hopefully predicting a Volt Switch, since sacrificing my Archen may seem like an obvious move.

Once Chinchou is down, I aim to take advantage of his Knock Off locked Scarf Pawniard - Fletchling actually beats it. So I set up, and I'm ready to sweep until......well I get scared of Gastly. I then figure, well if it's Sucker Punch I'm making a great play. If not, I still almost assuredly win anyway. I end up Saccing Fletchling, and this is where the game goes down hill. Instead of sending out Magnemite, I misclicked Diglett. I was banking on using Diglett to sacrifice once Gastly came out. So now I have Diglett, out and my only shot really is to make a risky ass double switch to something, or safely get into a situation where I force out the opponent but Mementoing. Timburr gets out, so I send in Spritzee to take out Gothita and force the prediction war that could have been avoided if I had some fodder (cough cough, Diglett). I lose the series of 50/50s, and then the game.

GG OP, at least for the first 20 turns!

Vote again

After this round of showcase we will add ONE member. Include in your vote who that member should be oooooh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)