CAP 20 CAP 20 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crusader seahorse. No time for explanations right now, may add later. Comments are welcome.

Also I really don't practice computer graphics enough.

Great submissions so far, everyone.

EDIT: There's also an option with fin.
...amazing.

I like the fin, however the color seems a little off. Maybe a similar shade of red to the helmet or cross?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey friends. New here, seen it around before. Figured I'd put my ten cents in.

He's a lil' guy with a big cannon.

I wasn't sure how to add a physical attacking element, since the lil' guy's cutlass probably isn't good for much. I figured he could tilt the cannon up and smack it down.

I'll touch it up and color it soon, any and all comments welcome.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

So, once upon a time before the stats stage happened, I was toying with the idea of changing ninja llama into samurai llama, and I guess here's my first draft of what that would look like. It still needs a lot of shading and all that fancy stuff. I tried to utilize the comments from my last draft and attempted to integrate the steel type elements into the design better... rather than simply wearing a steel headband and arm guards, now the ears are suppose to simulate the metal prongs on samurai helmets, and the hooves are (supposed to be at least) metalic with bands emerging above them. I'm not sure how much I'll want to change later, but I haven't posted in a while so I figured it wouldn't hurt to share something.

Some quick, generalized comments... nothing too in depth for the moment:

Quanyails: To be perfectly honest, I'm not a fan of the bubble cap and prefer the design without it. In general (cap excluded) I really like the playfulness of your design.

Sunfished: I think your update is rather nice, and I disagree with the earlier comment that it looks like an electric type. Some more shiny spots could make it look a tad more steel, but I think you're definitely on the right track.

Magistrum: You're Magistrum. The design is great :P The notion of Calm Mind might be a bit hard to imagine in your design, but Pokemon use unexpected moves all the time so I wouldn't be too worried about it at all.

Golurkyourself: I'll admit... I flat out did not like your first draft. Your most recent one has definitely grown on me though, and I think your shading and modelling has definitely improved. I wasn't a fan, but now I am :)

paintseagull: You have a very interesting rough draft. Currently, it reminds be of a Dolphin-Crab fusion, which I know wasn't your intention judging by your description, but I like it all the same. Your design is one of the few that I think is believably water, steel, and actually looks like it would use both Dragon Dance and Calm Mind.

CommanderZorvox: I really like the tenacity that your turtle has. It's obviously water/steel, and your details as really great. It's probably one of my favorite designs :)

Hollymon: I think I prefer your shuriken fish over your first design. It's very simple, but the core concept is pulled off very well.

So I've found some more time today to make a polished version of my scubamon design. I might tweak a bit more things but the overall design will probably stay like this.
Thanks for the criticism everyone, the comments have been really helpful!

These scuba diving pokemon love to hunt for treasure in the deep seas.

I took Doran Dragons advice and looked for ways to 'evolve' the cutesy scubamon from my first post.
Especially after seeing the stat submissions, I figured the mon should look a bit more menacing and physically oriented. I also tried to account for the above average speed stat.

Explanation for overhaul:
This design should give some more room for a believable affinity with several water/steel (and coverage) attacks that the previous one would not be capable of.
The idea is that scubamon can blast itself forward with its hose-arms.
It can use those arms for special water attacks (bubblebeam, hydropump etc.) and melee attacks (bullet punch, meteor mash) thanks to their copper bracing.
Aqua tail and iron head should be obvious;).

As always, comments and criticism are very welcome! I'll try to add some myself later, but I'm really pressed for time atm.

Sketched versions with teeth/maw

Normal looking version:
http://i.imgur.com/XXdtrf1.jpg

Impression for when it fully opens its maw:
http://i.imgur.com/5Ec79qI.jpg

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

I based my design off of the Sunken Cathedral, which paints a vivid picture of a cathedral sinking to the depths. I also like the idea of a huge beast lurking in the depths. I did my best to combine the two into my design. The organ pipes are the focus point, which can make long droning tones underneath the water. Many are misaligned, similar to an organ that sunk in the ocean. It also gives off a coral vibe, which fits the watery theme. Its hands and feet are keys (similar to an organ), but also massive enough for punching and tearing apart huge chunks of reef. Finally, stain glass stylizes the body, adding to its regal nature.

Honestly, if you like this design, message me some support with a VM. At this point, it is way too complex for my tastes, and it would take a ton of time for me to make this into a final draft with much more detail. If I go with this design, I will probably ditch one of the elements to rid some business (probably the key fingers). Loving a lot of the art posted so far; keep it up!

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Quanyails, that design with the shower cap made me go "Woo!". As it stands on the first page, I think it's absolutely adorable. Maybe do something with the feet, but the head... spot on. At first glance it looks like a dinosaur showering, then you realize it's a dinosaur shower. Very good execution of a very good (and original!) concept, though I must confess it's hard to imagine that thing wreaking havoc on the powerhouses of OU.

Sgt.Moose, you're definitely on to something. Maybe the most watery Water Pokémon since... uhh, ever. An elegant design, although the bend of the pipe takes away some of its flexibility. Then again, flexibility isn't always required, and the pipe is such a good "accessory" that it really has to be included. Very well done.

Birkal, again I'd like to use the phrase "on to something". Definitely an original (organial?) concept, but at the moment it looks too much like Poliwhirl and Poliwrath. I feel there is great potential in the sunken organ pipe concept, but putting them on a humanoid creature might not be the way to go.

Mos-Quitoxe, that design is quite cool if I may say so myself. Big and regal, though the "oars" require some fixing. They're more like "paddles on a string" as they stand at the moment. Would the design work with more rigid "oars", sticking up and out? Or down and out?
Also, I'm wondering about the "shields". Steel Pokémon usually have sharp-cut and geometric shapes of armour, which you seem to have captured well in the head crest, but the shields are a little too uneven at the moment. Overall, though, that thing is awesome. I can't imagine anybody preferring to surf the seas on a Lapras if this creature was available.

metal-ankh, your design is good, though it doesn't give much of a steel vibe at the moment. A good design for a Normal/Water type wielding the specified moves, but I'm afraid it needs some touching up to be considered a good Steel/Water type (or was that Water/Steel? Anyway, you get my point).

Magistrum, I can't say much other than that I think your design is very good. Maybe the feet need a little something extra, though. They're too smooth and featureless for such a detailed design. Otherwise, it's a very good job.

Knirp, another good design. I must admit I was expecting a lot of fish and shellfish in this "contest", but I put my hope in the latter and - prematurely - dismissed most fish-based concepts as hopeless. But give it a diver's helmet and arms, and suddenly it works pretty awesomely, evoking images of mermen and divers and tropical fish and deep-sea creatures with glowing eyes. Very good.

CommanderZorvox, that's another really good one. It looks like it could rip the ocean itself to shreds, then lurk up on the beaches in the middle of the night to prey on unsuspecting seagulls. Good thing you drew it in a swimming pose, though, because out of context it looks like a land creature. Then again, so do many real-world sea creatures.

Overall, though, I was a little skeptical when I first heard the design criteria for this round, but the overall quality, originality and variety of the concepts have put my prejudices to shame. Very well done, all of you!

Final Submission

Scubamon

These pokemon can easily handle the pressure of the deep seas. They love to search for sunken ships and discover hidden treasure.

Since I won't make any major changes to the current design anymore i figured I might as well make a final submission post. I may add supporting art sketches for dragon dance/calm mind/way of movement etc. later. Comments and criticism are still very much appreciated however!

Higher resolution image:

Scale:

High-speed Swimming/Iron Head:

Explanation
The design is based on a sea creature wearing scuba gear. The helmet, tubes, scuba glasses and flipper-like fin all refer to the scuba diver's aspect. The colouring is derived from the different colors that copper can have: shiny brass gold, regular red/brown and the rusty green/blueish look. The golden elements, mainly it's 'braces', refer to its obsession with treasure. Its body consists of hose arms that it uses to blast itself forward and to haul in treasure, and a strong tail that it uses to manoeuver and defend itself underwater.

Background

Scubamon are terrific divers and are mostly found in the deep seas of Hoenn. They spend a big part of their life in solitude at the bottom of the sea where they scavenge for shiny trinkets and treasure to add to their collection. There are rumours that they even stash away big amounts of clamperl in their hidden treasure grotto's.
While treasure hunting, the presence of other scubamon creates unwanted competition and often leads to conflict. During their off-time however, they are generally peaceful creatures. Occasionaly they might even travel to the water's surface to play and interact with humans and other pokemon who they do not encounter in their natural habitat.
Their interest in humans specifically has led to very succesful cooperative rescue missions after maritime disasters. Attempts to use the scubamons diving ability to retrieve valuable artifacts however, have so far proven to be fruitless...

Moves

Dragon dance: I gave the overall body some draconic features, mainly the fins, which should make the possibility to dragon dance believeable.

Calm mind: The pokemon can shut off its surroundings by covering its 'ears' with its hands to completely focus the mind. It can also use this ability to sense treasure nearby. The overall 'majestic appearance' should also help here.

Other moves: for the most important STAB moves scubamon has all it needs. Water hoses for special water moves (scald, hydro pump etc.) and maybe aqua jet, and a strong tail for the physical ones (waterfall, aqua tail...forget about crabhammer guys, please;). For physical steel moves its got metal hands and a solid head for stuff like meteor mash, bullet punch and, of course, iron head. Special steel moves might not be as relevant, but I can imagine its head is shiny enough to work for flash cannon/mirror shot.

Ability

Water Veil: well...it's a sea creature.

Stats

Overall, I think scubamon can be seen as a stronger and more bulky version of flygon (80/100/80/80/80/100), to which it loses in the special defense and speed departments due to its heavy plating.

103 HP: Scubamons slightly fat upper body and big head should account for this high hp stat. See it as a more bulky milotic thanks to its big head.

110 Attack: Its main attack is a jetstream-boosted headbutt, so bouffalant might be a good reference here.

90 Defense: The pokemons metal head protects it well against physical attacks, though its body is quite vulnerable, leading to a slightly above average defense. I guess bouffalant can again be used as a reference here (big head protected by fur/horns, but uncovered body, leading to a similar defense stat).

95 Special Attack: Scubamon constantly use their hoses to move. As a result, they can execute perfectly accurate water blast attacks, comparable to kingdra's water snout.

65 Special Defense: Not too much to say here. Its metal plating doesn't guard as well against special based moves obviously, so its special defense is significantly lower than its physical counterpart. I guess carracosta can be seen as similar in this regard.

97 Speed: Thanks to its strong jet arms, scubamon can move around very fast, only slightly hindered by its heavy helmet and plating. See basculin for a quite speedy fish reference.

Quick comments on designs that stand out to me:
Quanyails - Thanks for the comment on the teeth. I added them because I expected a high attack stat, but I guess you're right, they detract from the simple (round) shape theme and the more elegant features of the rest of its body. So I changed it back to the toothless version (how can I update this on the front page?). That said, I really like your Nessiemon and think the shower cap is a nice addition. I still think the feet could somehow be improved to blend more nicely with the rest, but that might just be personal preference.

Mos-Quitoxe - I agree with Quanyails that the pose and angular decorative shapes of your design look awesome. They remind me a bit of Wind Waker's styling, which is a plus. It looks very majestic and should fit nicely with the dragon dance (and to a lesser extent, the calm mind) themeing. Like others, I think the oar wings and hind legs need some work, but overall I'm really digging the viking boat;).

Magistrum - Like always (it seems;), great work! Nice way of shaping it's claws into hybrid regular/special attacking weaponry. I think it matches the stats well. The only thing I'm not completely sure about is the pose it has right now. I'm not sure if the head looking down like that is the best way to show off your awesome design. Anyway, it's kind of a nitpick, so I wouldn't mind it too much if you keep it as is.

CommanderZorvox - Loving it, and it looks very pokemon-y to boot, whatever that is. The design overall is simple but interesting thanks to the detailed spikiness. One minor issue might be the affinity with calm mind. Besides that, it doesn't completely scream water/steel to me, but it's probably still the first typing I would guess if I would encounter it without prior knowledge.

Golurkyourself - You did a great job changing/enhancing the design to accomodate this cap. I especially love the art and colors you used. Among the other great designs I'm not sure if it would get my top vote, but it's certainly up there with my favorites:). I think the reason I would rank it slightly lower than some others is simply that it doesn't fit the typing/abilities/moves as much as other designs do.

I like some more designs and concepts that I didn't mention, but they mostly have underdeveloped art at the moment. I will probably update this list once more of the final submissions of those designs get going.

In any case, thanks everyone that commented on my design and gave tips/suggestions/dislikes for things to change!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

It's that time of CAP again (and according to Google, the 81st anniversary of the "Surgeon's Photograph"), so here's Loch Ness Shower's final rendition. :)

I started with the motivation of basing a design around a concept that fit Water/Steel with Dragon Dance and Calm Mind that isn't an aquatic animal. The inspiration of showers and long-necked reptiles led me to draw the Loch Ness Shower. This porcelain plesiosaur fits where the CAP is going quite well, I'd say! Dragon Dance is satisfied by LNS being reptilian from its secondary design aspect, Calm Mind plays off its shower cap for thinking cool thoughts (Or is that a cool thinking cap for shower thoughts?) and its bubbles provide a natural Water Veil. Having an exterior of industrial porcelain enamel and an interior of water gives the LNS a very high specific heat, making it essentially Heatproof in battle. As a shower, it can easily Scald the enemy or wallop it with its Iron Head.

I give my thanks to Mos-Quitoxe, paintseagull, Magistrum, Yilx, nyttyn, srk1214, The Unseen Potato, Wobblebuns, Integer Mova, and Sgt.Moose for help with completing the design!

Re: Emerald Master: Base 97 speed isn't that fast for OU. As mentioned in a previous post, we have quite a few Pokemon at base 100 speed that aren't all that swift in appearance. It can still run capably on its four feet! ouob

Re: Knirp: I updated the post on the first page. :)

• hendrix96: Hmm, I understand your intention. I think I'm seeing the design as imbalanced because of the heavy head in contrast to the stick-like legs, which don't look like they should be able to uphold the head. Would it be possible to balance the back of the design or exaggerate the heaviness of the head? It's currently sitting in a middle where neither the balance nor lack of balance contributes to the design.
  • paintseagull: You've heard my feedback over IRC. ouob I look forward to your next design iteration!
  • Charniodiscus: Well, if you're planning to focus on the head, I would suggest composing (reposing) the drawing such that the reader is drawn toward the head naturally. Its current pose is a loop with the frills on top, so there isn't a great sense of direction with the drawing. Making the tail look farther away and not tangent to the head would draw attention toward the head.
  • Sgt.Moose; I'm divided on the changes. I like the details on the feet and tail, but at the same time, I don't like the drips on its neck and tail. It really interferes with how smooth the body is
  • Mos-Quitoxe: As I said, "Woah." I first love your use of perspective to convey majesty with your boat. :D Secondly, you've pulled the design elements together very well! The boat's patterns and anatomy fit together and fit the CAP. I'm a bit confused about the oar-wings. I wouldn't mind if the oar-feathers just dangled off the spine of the boat like a cape. Making them wings seems unusual, but it is original. I can't wait to see your colored version!
  • Doran Dragon: As said on IRC, making the dark gray lines more patterned and consistent will make them look more like scales rather than rock cracks. In addition, the spines on the head and the differing spine on the tail are unusual in how contrasting they are. Is it meant to be a difference between the iguana part and the aquatic part? If so, I was thinking of using a transition in color to intensify the contrast so it's a design element, but you might not want that. Your choice. ouob
  • Bird: I respect the idea, but having an explicitly Christian concept is probably out of place in Pokemon. Of course there are Pokemon that allude to religion and mythology, but I feel your design with that symbolic cross is more explicit than the design elements Pokemon uses. Could you abstract it out?
  • Neatski: I think the cannon and small creature are too detached to be one Pokemon. Pokemon like Klinklang or Bronzong typically are the inanimate objects instead of having them as props. A cannon object falls into the same category.
  • HeaLnDeaL: The metal bits are implemented much more smoothly. :) I'd say the tufts and blades near the hooves overlap slightly unusually, but other than that, I have no criticism. Nicely done! I'm afraid I'm sticking with the bubble cap from other people's feedback and its connection to Calm Mind. Sorry about that.
  • Knirp: I like the addition of arm-fin-tubes, but I think the added teeth and menacing appearance are just 'there'. They're a striking contrast to the otherwise elegant design. Maybe that's intentional, but it doesn't work as well for me.
  • Someoneelse: Cute and delightfully punny. :) I think it could be a bit more detailed, though. It's currently a bit plain for a final evolution or one-off Pokemon. The body in particular is pretty plain, so I think giving it a less linear shape or adding some patterns could help.
  • Grassgem389: A swordfish is a fitting suggestion for the typing, but it fails to justify the moves of Dragon Dance and Calm Mind, unless you can provide an explanation to make it stand out.
  • Birkal: Fewer pipes and details on the 'stained glass' would definitely help, but even then, the design isn't my favorite. It feels rather disorganized, what with the pipes sticking out, the stained glass decorating its body, and the explicit keys for its digits. Those design elements could be better meshed together.
  • Codraroll: I'd like to go back to Azumarill and Dragonite as examples of cute but powerful OU Pokemon. :P Actually, think of that in a positive light--imagine the powerhouses of OU being wreaked by both a shower monster and a washing machine!

Last edited:
Quanyails Love the design! The only concern I have is that it might not fit the high-speed stats of cap 20, not quite sure what could make a shower fast (maybe it could cover the ground with soap and quickly slide around). Aside from the speed problem, your design is awesome!

Final Submission

Well, I might change it a bit still depending on how it goes, but at least I won't forget the typing-"final submission" part. Whatever's here when time is up will be my final.

Also, I'll throw in this supporting doodle - Just another view to show how his hand clams claws work.

http://puu.sh/hmCXC/3f371fb37b.png This was his previous colour scheme. I maaaaaay be kinda colour-blind, so I need to know which scheme is better.
Well, I might change it a bit still depending on how it goes, but at least I won't forget the typing-"final submission" part. Whatever's here when time is up will be my final.

Last edited:

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
************************** Mod Announcement **************************
In case anyone missed it, our primary ability is Water Veil. The stats were also decided recently; they are: 103/110/90/95/65/97.
With some people starting to make Final Submissions, I just want to remind everyone to read the rules very carefully when finalizing your art! We are getting near the end, as Secondary Ability discussion is underway, but the end is not imminent. We'll have at least 24 hours after that stage is finished voting before this thread closes. There's no need to final submit right away, but don't let the deadline sneak up on you! Good luck!
************************* End Mod Announcement ************************​

Final Submission

Thank you everyone that gave me feedback on my first submission! While I agreed with the criticism on the design; I'm gonna say 'que sera, sera' and stick with my initial concept since I'm still mostly happy with it (plus it took forever and I'm too lazy to change it :D). Cheers!

(Quick example of it swimming)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EY_DPcrrv6UkFuVcTAhXiiashhj5zkbvEplqk_dygw=w333-h259-p-no

mod edit: removed the suggested dex entry, we need to save those for the dex entries submission stage :) thanks!

Final Submission

...I kinda overhauled the design. Then again looking at Quany's submission the drastic change was okay I guess >W< (btw Quany that looks so cool :D)
I gave it webbed feet and arms, a new design for the front, kneecaps of somekind, a tail, scales, and moved the pearl on the forehead onto the chest.

Good luck on everyone in their final submition ^w^

Last edited:
Final Submission

• Water/Steel - Glaucus atlanticus. It lives on the ocean, is metallic as hell, and is basically a dragon in real life. (Plus it feeds on venomous creatures just fine)
  • Calm Mind - It just floats on its back all day, until...
  • Dragon Dance - it finds, I dunno, a Wailmer or something. Instant bloodbath!*
  • Water Veil - Slugs are always covered in mucus.
  • Stats - ~100 base stats can fit anything.
*if using coverage moves

Here's some badly edited old supporting art lol

I'm glad that I got an opportunity to bring this design back, best of luck to everyone!​

Final Submission

(Front and Back) (Cannon and Tower) (Old/Alternate Palettes)

Admittedly, there wasn't much I could add to battle-squid here that wouldn't make it more complicated than it should be. And thankfully, all the decisions so far (Ability and Stats) have matched it pretty nicely. :D

Besides, with all the awesome designs I've seen here... @_@
Well, it was fun to design it nonetheless. :)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After playing around with lots of different ideas, I decided to do a Sawshark design.

I merged the long, flat snout of Common Sawsharks with the rounded, vertical tooth wheel of the ancient Spiral Sawshark, to get a long, flat, vertical, rounded saw appendage that evokes a chainsaw look -- which is not only a great basis for steel typing, but it's also a great excuse for visual badassery! And since the spiral sawshark was a prehistoric creature, I decided to mix in some dinosaur-inspired physiology to create this Water/Steel beast:

Going into this CAP, I knew I wanted to make an animal-based design (as opposed to humanoid), and hopefully give it a badass edge. I've done plenty of cutemons in the past, and really haven't done a full-on badass in a while. But I wanted to avoid doing a fish design, mostly because I just did that on CAP 17 (twice, in fact, on the same design!) and I just couldn't get excited about doing another one. The idea of a sawshark seemed really interesting to me, and a great way to do a water/steel badass -- but I just couldn't get past the idea of doing "yet another fish".

But then I stumbled across some spiral sawshark pictures, and started reading about how paleontologists debate as to what these creatures looked like, since they only have these mysterious circular saw teeth in the fossil record. And that started my imagination going about various dinosaur sawshark hybrid ("chainsawsharkasaurus"?) designs that could be much more than "yet another fish".

I decided to go with a hunched, horizontal pose, partly because I wanted the shark body theme to be obvious, but also because it is a menacing, scheming pose. I was trying to channel scenes of the stalking Velociraptors and TRexes from Jurassic Park, if any movie buffs out there know what I'm talking about.

I tried to juxtaposition long flowing body curves with squared corners and cubic patterns in the design elements. Hopefully it mixes the visual "feel" of water (curves) with steel (edges) in the right way. That's what I was going for anyway.

I really wanted to do the design with brownish/reddish coloring, since the common sawshark is brownish and I was excited about bringing a rusted metal look to the design. But I feared CAP voters wouldn't get it, and would give me the dreaded "It looks like a Ground type" comments or whatever. On top of that, most sharks are gray or blueish, which are dead-on perfect for Steel and Water anyway. So, I checked my quirky coloring tastes at the door and went with gray and blue. In the end, I had a lot of fun doing the brushed stainless steel look for the metal, so it's all good.

I've got a few action poses that I plan to clean up and post as supporting art, and I'll also post some of the various alternate colorings I messed around with.

I hope you like it, and as always, comments are welcomed!

Last edited:
Final Submission

Supporting art (Outdated design): http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/Omega_Supernova/Supporting Art 2_zps7b8xy9zg.jpg

Damn, I was caught off guard by the deadline. ;3; Let's just say I wasn't able to make the best of my precious spare time.... I went through some hellish stuff in school these past few weeks so I didn't really got a good chance to work on a redesign. I tried to do one today but this is the best that I can come up with in such a limited time frame (...which is mostly my fault, with me and my frequent procrastinating, uhuhu). Nonetheless, I'm still happy on how things turned out. Definitely disappointed though, not being able to do the things that should have been done.

Anyways, it has been a fun journey with my Lobster Samurai here. Good luck to everyone!

Final Submission

Ok here's the Final Draft of my Lotus Salamander​

This design stems from salamanders being used for dragons before *cough salamence cough* and considering that salamanders are amphibians and spend half their time in water it tends to lend itself towards water types as well. It is armor that this salamander is wearing, but it's armor can attest to this salamander's pure mind as it's head dress is designed after the Buddhist symbol of the White lotus, which is meant to be a sign of mental purity and peace. My first design of this Lotus salamander had much smaller legs, but after both Quanyails and Unseen potato as well as bunch of other people in the art room said that it looked unbalanced and not fully evolved, I decided to bulk it up a bit to make it look like it could hold its own body wait and fend for itself. So yeah, hope you guys Like it

Flavor:
The Lotus Salamander body has a mucus and water film on the top of it's skin to protect it from its body drying out when it on land it also handily keeps it from ever burning itself in battle. The stones that somehow lodge themselves into this pokemon's skin during its adolescents, have a extreme heat tolerance allowing them to shield the pokemon from fire attacks that would other wise ruin the salamander's day. This pokemon's keen awareness of its surrounding (thanks to it's pure mind) allow it to dream lucidly and awake on command. This pokemon has a very powerful spirit that it tries to contain through extreme meditation. During it's more difficult times trying to suppress this power, it can be seen breathing out white spoke during its meditation. However if this pokemon wishes it can release it's control over it's spirit and become consumed with it's draconic power.
Stats:
The Stats are pretty pliable this time around. But I should have a description for the 65 SpD.
65 SpD:When it releases its draconic spirit it becomes completely unaware of strategy, and becomes instinctual in its actions. This allows special attackers to deal massive damage to it if they can avoid its furious attacks. However, if it keeps its spirit in check, it can prepare itself for the strategy of special attackers through meditation.

Moves:
Dragon Dance = well based on a design standpoint its lizard like and ...salamence..., flavor wise it's innate state is draconic, it's only with many years of meditation, that it becomes another type and learns to control its power.
Calm Mind = Flavor wise, It's eventual containment of its innate draconic power, allows it to completely shut the world out of it's mind for a brief second to gather itself. Design wise the Lotus on it's head is a symbol of peace and purity of mind.

So many good submissions, cant wait to see the face of cap 20,
Good Luck Everybody:)

mod edit: hide tags don't count as thumbnails

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)