Reshiram (GP 2/2)

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
approved by dice
QC 2/3: Problems, Shrang, Sweep
GP 1/2: GatoDelFuego, Winry.

[OVERVIEW]

Reshiram possesses a very nice offensive typing, which is backed by good stats and a decent movepool. Combined with its ability, it can hit the entire tier very hard with its STAB moves alone. However, it faces competition from Kyurem-W, which has more spammable STAB moves, is faster, and hits harder. Also, sun support is now virtually non-existent thanks to Primal Kyogre. Reshiram is also easily worn down by all forms of entry hazards, limiting it to being an average wallbreaker.

[SET]
name: Roost + 3 attacks
move 1: Blue Flare
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: Roost
move 4: Stone Edge / Tailwind
ability: Turboblaze
item: Life Orb / Flame Plate
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Draco Meteor and Blue Flare are Reshiram's strongest STAB moves and deal huge damage to anything that doesn't resist them or is Blissey. Blue Flare also has a somewhat handy chance to burn. Roost helps to regain HP lost to recoil, entry hazards, and chip damage. Stone Edge has only one target: Ho-Oh, which otherwise easily walls Reshiram if Stealth Rock is not set up. Tailwind can be used over Stone Edge to have some speed control and to help either Reshiram sweep by itself or help the team when Reshiram is low on health.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed EVs produce maximum offensive output. A Timid nature allows Reshiram to Speed tie or outspeed other base 90 Speed Pokemon and outspeed neutral-natured base 95 Speed Pokemon. Life Orb is used to hit hard while being able to switch moves, as locking Reshiram into any move gives a free turn to big threats: Blue Flare is a free switch for Primal Kyogre, Latias, and Latios, Draco Meteor gives a free switch to Xerneas and Klefki. Flame Plate is a slightly weaker alternative that only boosts Fire-type attacks while causing no recoil and still allowing switching of moves. However, without Life Orb, Reshiram miss out on the OHKO on Ho-Oh.

Usage Tips
========

Reshiram should almost never be switched in on a damaging move, even though it's decently bulky, because it'll be taking lot of recoil and entry hazard damage already. Scizor and Ferrothorn provide switches for Reshiram, giving it a turn to fire off a strong attack and dent the opposing team. The use of moves such as Volt Switch and U-turn can provide opportunities for Reshiram to come in safely, such as when the opponent switches to a Pokemon that Reshiram can force out or threaten. Draco Meteor is slightly more spammable than Blue Flare, because an opposing Xerneas or Klefki will almost never switch in due to fear of Blue Flare. Because Primal Kyogre can take both attacks rather well, it's more likely to switch in, and a Blue Flare is pretty much a free switch. Tailwind should be used either when Reshiram can clean by itself with the Speed boost, or when it's low on health so it can help the team.

Team Options
========

Latias and Latios are good teammates, as they can handle Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre while also providing Defog support, and they appreciate the removal of Steel-types. Support Ghost Arceus helps Reshiram by burning Extreme Killer Arceus and Swords Dance Ground Arceus while also providing Defog support. Geomancy Xerneas compliments Reshiram by checking Tyranitar and bulky Arceus formes, while Reshiram gets rid of Steel-types and significantly weakens Primal Groudon. Regular Groudon can set up Stealth Rock to keep Ho-Oh in check, while being a decent check to Primal Groudon that lack special attacks and Ho-Oh. Bulky Fairy-types can switch in on other Dragon-types for Reshiram, while Reshiram helps them by removing the Steel-types.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Choice Specs may be used to hit slightly harder, and either Dragon Pulse or Focus Blast can be used over Roost, but the inability to switch moves is very easily taken advantage of, as Reshiram's moves have popular switch-ins. A Choice Scarf can be used with a similar set for revenge killing, but it doesn't hit hard enough, and locking Reshiram into a move is easily taken advantage of. Dragon Pulse is a weaker STAB move with no other downside to it, but the lack in power is noticeable. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Rock Arceus very hard, which are two Pokemon don't take much from Reshiram's other moves. Earth Power is another option Reshiram has to hit incoming Diancie. Toxic threatens bulky Calm Mind Arceus formes that try to set up on Reshiram.

Checks & Counters
=============

**Revenge Killers**: Swords Dance Ground Arceus, Exreme Killer Arceus, Latias, Latios, Excadrill under sand, and Mega Salamence either outright revenge kill Reshiram or do so after little prior damage.

**Rock and Water Arceus**: Rock and Water Arceus can take any hit from Reshiram and Recover off the damage. Rock Arceus should be wary of Focus Blast, though.

**Tyranitar**: Tyranitar can switch in on any attack and force Reshiram out unless it is carrying Focus Blast.

**Stealth Rock**: Reshiram really despises Stealth Rock, as it is easily worn down along with Life Orb recoil, and it normally has difficulty getting a Roost off.

**Bulky Primal Kyogre**: Bulky variants of Primal Kyogre can easily come in on any attack and force Reshiram out, which allows a free turn to use Calm Mind.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh can easily wall Reshiram in the absence of Stealth Rock and if Reshiram isn't running Stone Edge.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
still skeleton form, i'll finish it tomorrow, till then, if qc's could advise me whether Toxic+Roost is worth its own set or only oo, or not at all

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not a single mention of Specs? Personally, I think it might be slightly more effective than before because Kyogre isn't as dominant as it was before. P Donner does resist Blue Flare but it's not taking even a resisted Blue Flare well. I also get Ho-oh and Lati@s are more common now, but still. You should at the very least put it in OO with a relatively detailed explanation on why it's not worth using.

Regarding Scarf: I don't like it very much. Reshiram has never been that good of a Scarfer - it's not that fast, permanent sun is a lot less common now. It was kind of like Scarf Palkia except it didn't have a perk of switching into Kyogre. Tbh I'd much rather see Specs as a set rather than Scarf. Reshiram prides itself on power, not utility. If we're going to keep it, please move it down in terms of set order.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
on the charge set i'd recommend earth power over things like roost with main item being life orb due to not wanting to waste a draco on groudon, otherwise looks fine well written and explained! good job

qc 1/3

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earth Power is unnecessary on Specs IMO. You 2HKO Groudon switch-ins with Blue Flare anyway, and even if you both switch in at the same time, Draco Meteor does more to P Donner than Earth Power. May as well just replace it with Dragon Pulse.

I'd reckon LO should be the main set- spamming choied fire moves is hard with pogre being around and dragon moves haven't been spammable since forever. LO can also run roost to dampen hazard damage.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
[01:49:36] SparksBlade: hi
[01:50:12] WreckDra: hi
[01:50:28] SparksBlade: for reshiram
[01:50:46] SparksBlade: on the flame charge set, would you prefer roost?
[01:51:01] WreckDra: I would
[01:51:08] WreckDra: If i don't have roost
[01:51:14] WreckDra: i would use tailwind
[01:51:15] WreckDra: tbh
[01:51:40] SparksBlade: so flame charge/blue flare/draco/roost(or tailwind)
[01:57:02] SparksBlade: wreck?
[01:57:31] WreckDra: tailwind being slashed with FC
[01:57:47] WreckDra: and roost slashed with another cobverage move
[01:57:54] WreckDra: ie stone edge / FB
[01:58:10] SparksBlade: but the set IS flame charge
[01:58:26] SparksBlade: and then stabs are mandatory so only 1 slot left
[01:58:36] WreckDra: its a cleaner or dangerous midgame poke
[01:58:59] WreckDra: i would either run tailwind > FC without roost
[01:59:12] WreckDra: or FC with Roost
[01:59:19] WreckDra: but that is my logic i gess
[02:02:45] WreckDra: i just dislike taking extra recoil on a hazard weak poke for nothing but a Speed boost and chip damage if i don't have recovery
[02:04:55] SparksBlade: im so confused over it
[02:05:11] WreckDra: reshiram is a headache
[02:05:13] WreckDra: in a mon
[02:05:19] WreckDra: its to be expected :[

I ended up expressing my own thoughts on Reshiram's Speed boosting set and personally the way I would run it is if there is extra coverage needed and no Roost run Tailwind. If Roost can be used Flame Charge. QC, take this as you will.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
after talking to Fireburn and Hack, some changes were made:
LO becomes the only set, as locking into either of the moves can be troublesome by giving a free turn to opp
Flame Charge set is sac'd and becomes Roost+3 attacks, with Tailwind slash in last slot
Sleep Talk and Will-o-Wisp removed from oo, Focus Blast added cos i forgot it earlier
Choice Scarf / Specs added to oo cos it's still workable, however troublesome
The order of nature slashes changed cos Stone Edge is primary choice for last slot
LO becomes 1st slash as item, Flame Plate stays for now cos i forgot to ask what to do with it

hopefully i didnt forget anything, still leaving this open for QC to look over before i start writing

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The intro paragraph shouldn't be separated at the point of transition from pros to cons and the first sentence of the second paragraph is unnecessary. The intro should also have an explicit mention about how sun is now nonexistent and how that impacted Reshiram.

I would elaborate further on exactly what each move does in the moves section; it may be obvious to us, but it should be explained exactly why Reshiram runs Blue Flare and not say another of many special Fire-type moves. In set details I would talk about exactly what the Speed investment allows Reshiram to do and why that is significant. Also since Flame Plate is slashed as an item, you should talk about it as well and exactly why you would use or not use it over Life Orb.

In usage tips I would elaborate more on the methodology of using Reshiram beyond switching it into Scizor and Ferro which is obvious and can actually be capitalized on the opponent. This comes down to explaining how a player goes about getting Reshiram in so that he or she can fire off attacks in an attempt to break the opponent down.

Team options could also be expanded a bit; start with Pokemon that have good synergy with Reshiram on a superficial level, like Pokemon that help cover its common switch-ins and can also benefit from Reshiram's presence in some way. For there you can elaborate on more complex things, like Pokemon that can aid Reshiram's attempt to break opposing checks either by offering offensive or defensive support.

In checks and counters you seem to be missing several Pokemon, mainly offensive checks which do deserve mentions. I'm not QC, but I mention these things because you've asked for my help on this analysis before and you explicitly asked for help again, so I hope you find this of use.

1. In the Checks & Counters section, mention fast offensive revenge killer such as SD Arceus-Ground, Life Orb Extreme Killer Arceus, Latios, Latias, Excadrill under Sand, and Mega Salamence (after SR damage for the latter). Also mention bulky Arceus formes that are not weak to its STAB moves, such as Water and Fairy Arceus. They will defeat Reshiram 1-1.

2. Do not slash Hasty and Naive with Timid; as you state, Stone Edge has one target that is easily OHKOed by a Life Orb-boosted Stone Edge. Proof: 0- Atk Life Orb Turboblaze Reshiram Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 432-510 (104 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Timid is the only nature Reshiram should ever run.

3. Other Options is fine, maybe mention Dragon Pulse for "consistency" since all of Reshiram's moves can miss but it's not a good option overall.

4. Agreed with Minority Suspect that the two paragraphs in the intro should be merged, but I have no problems with the "perks end there" transition. Maybe it can be worded a bit better I guess, but it's fine.

5. In Usage Tips, mention Volt Switch and U-turn as methods to get Reshiram in safely to start firing off attacks. Choice Scarf Genesect is a decent option because it can revenge / U-turn on some of the faster offensive threats that Reshiram is pressured by, such as Mega Mewtwo Y. Also mention that Draco Meteor is slightly more spammable than Blue Flare if the opponent has both Kyogre and a Xerneas, because Xerneas really dislikes switch in on this, especially since all variants will be outsped and blasted by Blue Flare the very next turn, ruining any chance GeoXern has of sweeping (bc it'll just get killed by priority the turn after). Meanwhile, if you Blue Flare a healthy Kyogre switchin you pretty much have to switch out. In general, the threat of Blue Flare makes Reshiram a pretty good Draco Meteor spammer. You don't have to worry about Klefki / Aegislash / Ferro giving you a hard time!

6. Do everything in Minority's second paragraph (except the Blue Flare explanation, idt that's necessary).

7. I don't like Arceus-Rock as an explicit mention in Team Options, it compounds the already troublesome Kyogre weakness and Stone Edge Resh beats Ho-Oh anyway. Maybe mention support Arceus-Ghost instead, which can burn SD Normal and Ground Arceus, check the fast Psychic types that try to revenge kill you, and still remove hazards with Defog. It's better with Stone Edge Reshiram than Tailwind though! Mention Geomancy Xerneas as a partner to threaten Tyranitar and pressure bulky Arceus while granting Reshiram potential switchin opportunities vs the Steel-types Xerneas hates so much. A shame that Reshiram depises paralysis and isn't a fan of Toxic either.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
double post rip:

MS:
  • I rewrote the overview, and it's only 3 lines cos i've just stuck to the important stuff but i can expand it if required
  • Did the Set Details and Flame Plate, but i don't get about the Moves. You want me to spread it a bit with just a bit more literature?
  • Did the Team Options and C&C thing keeping yours and Sweep's suggestions in mind. Hope it's ok now.
Thanks for the help :]

Sweep:
  • Added these, but i also put this calc for now(not part of analysis that is, just kind of a reminder to me) which actually bugs me, cos this combined with a possible burn(20% chance), it's actually difficult for Arceus
252 SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ghost: 263-309 (59.2 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • I did the calc without LO so it didnt show OHKO rip me, Timid is now the only nature
  • Dragon Pulse is already mentioned for Choice sets and separately as well
  • Rewrote Overview, can be expanded with literature-stuff
  • I did all except the first part: what you mention is done by slow U-turn/Volt Switch users, like Rotom and Scizor in ou, which don't exist in Ubers(Scizor kinda does). Genesect will almost always go first, and Reshiram then probably comes in on an attack. Zekrom is the only Volt Switch user and it's fast af as well. Could you please clarify this.
I believe i did/explained everything that was asked. Tell me if i missed anything. thanks :]

"I did all except the first part: what you mention is done by slow U-turn/Volt Switch users, like Rotom and Scizor in ou, which don't exist in Ubers(Scizor kinda does). Genesect will almost always go first, and Reshiram then probably comes in on an attack. Zekrom is the only Volt Switch user and it's fast af as well. Could you please clarify this"

Genesect and Zekrom (especially the latter) force switches extremely well, allowing Reshiram to come in for free unless your opponent keeps their Primal Kyogre in on Zekrom, for example. Definitely please still do that. Fair point on Blue Flare, but any Arceus forme that resists Blue Flare can Recover off Draco Meteor damage and wall it (see: Water Arceus and Rock Arceus as viable examples). You're right that Fairy Arceus isn't a great check though, so maybe replace "Bulky Arceus" with "Water Arceus"

QC 3/3

I know this got the third QC already, but I think your Overview wording is still a little bit too kind to Reshiram. You said “being an average wallbreaker" which I would think of it as something like Mega-Lucario (currently C rank in Viability thread) while Resh is in D. That's not "average" imo, it is mediocre. Like it faces competition from not only Kyurem but also Ho-oh and Blaziken, it is slow, and its typing makes it vulnerable to common attacking types likes fairy, Dragon, and Ground while not having many useful resistance.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SparksBlade

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Reshiram possesses a very nice offensive typing, which is backed by good stats and a decent movepool. Combined with its ability, it can hit the entire tier very hard between with its STAB moves alone. But, it faces competition from Kyurem-W, whose which has more spammable STAB moves are more spammable, is faster, and hits harder. (period) Also, sun support is now virtually non-existent thanks to Primal Kyogre with the introduction of Primals. It's Reshiram is also easily worn down by all forms of entry hazards, limiting it to being an average wallbreaker.

Roost + 3 attacks
########

Moves
========

Draco Meteor and Blue Flare are its Reshiram's strongest STAB moves and hit very hard deal huge damage to anything that doesn't resist them or is Blissey. Blue Flare also has a somewhat handy chance to burn. Roost helps to regain HP lost to recoil, entry hazards, and chip damage. Stone Edge has only one target: Ho-Oh, which otherwise easily walls Reshiram if Stealth Rock is are not up. Tailwind can be over Stone Edge to have some speed control. It can help either Reshiram sweep by itself or help the team when it's Reshiram is low on health.

Set Details
========

Max Special Attack and Speed produce maximum offensive output. Timid allows you Reshiram to Speed tie or outspeed other base 90s and outspeed neutral-natured base 95s. Life Orb is to hit hard while being able to switch moves, as locking into any move gives a free turn to big threats.: Blue Flare is a free switch-in for Primal Kyogre, Latias, and Latios; Draco Meteor for Xerneas and Klefki. Flame Plate is a slightly weaker alternative that only boosts Fire-type attacks while causing no recoil and still allowing switching of moves. Also, without Life Orb, you Reshiram misses out on the OHKO on Ho-Oh.

Usage Tips
========

Reshiram should almost never be switched in on a damaging move, even though it's decently bulky, because it'll be taking lot of recoil and entry hazard damage already. Scizor and Ferrothorn provide switch-ins switches for Reshiram, giving it a turn to fire off a strong attack and dent the opposing team. The use of moves such as Volt Switch and U-turn can provide opportunities for Reshiram to come in safely, such as when the opponent switches to a Pokemon that Reshiram can force out or threaten. Draco Meteor is slightly more spammable than Blue Flare, since because an opposing Xerneas or Klefki will almost never switch in due to fear of Blue Flare. Since Because Primal Kyogre can take both attacks rather well, it's more likely to switch in, and a Blue Flare there is pretty much a free switch-in. Tailwind should be used either when Reshiram can clean by itself by with the Speed boost, or when it's low on health so as to it can help the team.

Team Options
========

Latias and Latios are good teammates as they can handle Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, while also providing Defog support, and appreciate the removal of Steel-types. Support Ghost Arceus-Ghost helps Reshiram by burning Extreme Killer Arceus and Swords Dance Ground Arceus-Ground, while also providing Defog support. Geomancy Xerneas compliments Reshiram by checking Tyranitar and bulky Arceus formes, while Reshiram gets rid of Steel-types and significantly weakens Primal Groudon. Regular Groudon provides Stealth Rock rocks to keep Ho-Oh in check, while being a decent check to Primal Groudon lacking special attacks and Ho-Oh. Bulky Fairy-types can switch in on other Dragon-types for Reshiram, while Reshiram helps them by removing the Steel-types.

Other Options
########

A Choice Specs may be used to slightly harder, with Dragon Pulse or Focus Blast over Roost, but the inability of to switching moves is very easily taken advantage of since as all it's Reshiram's moves have popular switch-ins resists. A Choice Scarf can be used with a similar set for revenge killing, but it doesn't hit hard enough, and locking Reshiram into a move is easily taken advantage of. Dragon Pulse is a weaker STAB move with no other downside to it, but the lack in power is noticable marginable. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Rock Arceus-Rock very hard, who doesn't which don't take much from it's Reshiram's other moves. Earth Power is another option it has to hit incoming Diancie. Toxic threatens bulky Calm Mind Arceus formes who that try to set up on Reshiram it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Revenge Killers**: Swords Dance Ground Arceus-Ground, Ekiller Extreme Killer Arceus, Latias, Latios, Excadrill under sand, and Mega Salamence either outright revenge kill Reshiram it, (RC) or do so after little prior damage.

**Rock and Water Arceus-Rock & Arceus Water**: These Rock and Water Arceus can take any hit from Reshiram and Recover off the damage. Rock Arceus-Rock should be wary of Focus Blast though.

**Tyranitar**: It Tyranitar can switch in on any attack and force Reshiram out unless it is carrying Focus Blast.

**Stealth Rock rocks**: Reshiram really despises Stealth Rock as it is easily worn down along with Life Orb recoil, and normally has difficulty getting a Roost off.

**Bulky Primal Kyogre**: Bulky variants of Primal Kyogre can easily come in on any attack and force Reshiram out, giving away a free turn where it can to use Calm Mind.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh can easily wall Reshiram in absence of Stealth Rock and if it isn't running Stone Edge.

1/2

Just remember a switch-in is a counter, switch in is a verb, and Volt Switch provides a free switch for a Pokemon.

Last edited:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add/correct remove comments
Overview
########

Reshiram possesses a very nice offensive typing, which is backed by good stats and a decent movepool. Combined with its ability, it can hit the entire tier very hard with its STAB moves alone. However But, it faces competition from Kyurem-W, which has more spammable STAB moves, is faster, and hits harder. Also, sun support is now virtually non-existent thanks to Primal Kyogre. Reshiram is also easily worn down by all forms of entry hazards, limiting it to being an average wallbreaker.

Roost + 3 attacks
########

Moves
========

Draco Meteor and Blue Flare are Reshiram's strongest STAB moves and deal huge damage to anything that doesn't resist them or is Blissey. Blue Flare also has a somewhat handy chance to burn. Roost helps to regain HP lost to recoil, entry hazards, and chip damage. Stone Edge has only one target: Ho-Oh, which otherwise easily walls Reshiram if Stealth Rock is not set up. Tailwind can be used over Stone Edge to have some speed control. [remove period] It can and to help either Reshiram sweep by itself or help the team when Reshiram is low on health.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack and Speed EVs produce maximum offensive output. A Timid nature allows Reshiram to Speed tie or outspeed other base 90 Speed Pokemon and outspeed neutral-natured base 95 Speed Pokemon. Life Orb is used to hit hard while being able to switch moves, as locking Reshiram into any move gives a free turn to big threats: Blue Flare is a free switch for Primal Kyogre, Latias, and Latios, [comma > semi] while Draco Meteor gives a free switch to for Xerneas and Klefki. Flame Plate is a slightly weaker alternative that only boosts Fire-type attacks while causing no recoil and still allowing switching of moves. However Also, without Life Orb, Reshiram miss out on the OHKO on Ho-Oh.

Usage Tips
========

Reshiram should almost never be switched in on a damaging move, even though it's decently bulky, because it'll be taking lot of recoil and entry hazard damage already. Scizor and Ferrothorn provide switches for Reshiram, giving it a turn to fire off a strong attack and dent the opposing team. The use of moves such as Volt Switch and U-turn can provide opportunities for Reshiram to come in safely, such as when the opponent switches to a Pokemon that Reshiram can force out or threaten. Draco Meteor is slightly more spammable than Blue Flare, because an opposing Xerneas or Klefki will almost never switch in due to fear of Blue Flare. Because Primal Kyogre can take both attacks rather well, it's more likely to switch in, and a Blue Flare there is pretty much a free switch. Tailwind should be used either when Reshiram can clean by itself with the Speed boost, or when it's low on health so it can help the team.

Team Options
========

Latias and Latios are good teammates, [ac] as they can handle Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, [rc] while also providing Defog support, and they appreciate the removal of Steel-types. Support Ghost Arceus helps Reshiram by burning Extreme Killer Arceus and Swords Dance Ground Arceus, [rc] while also providing Defog support. Geomancy Xerneas compliments Reshiram by checking Tyranitar and bulky Arceus formes, while Reshiram gets rid of Steel-types and significantly weakens Primal Groudon. Regular Groudon can set up provides Stealth Rock to keep Ho-Oh in check, [rc] while being a decent check to Primal Groudon that lacking special attacks and Ho-Oh. Bulky Fairy-types can switch in on other Dragon-types for Reshiram, while Reshiram helps them by removing the Steel-types.

Other Options
########

A Choice Specs may be used to hit slightly harder, and either with Dragon Pulse or Focus Blast can be used over Roost, but the inability to switch moves is very easily taken advantage of, [ac] as Reshiram's moves have popular switch-ins. A Choice Scarf can be used with a similar set for revenge killing, but it doesn't hit hard enough, and locking Reshiram into a move is easily taken advantage of. Dragon Pulse is a weaker STAB move with no other downside to it, but the lack in power is noticeable. Focus Blast hits Tyranitar and Rock Arceus very hard, which are two Pokemon that don't take much from Reshiram's other moves. Earth Power is another option it Reshiram has to hit incoming Diancie. Toxic threatens bulky Calm Mind Arceus formes that try to set up on Reshiram.

Checks & Counters
########

**Revenge Killers**: Swords Dance Ground Arceus, Exreme Killer Arceus, Latias, Latios, Excadrill under sand, and Mega Salamence either outright revenge kill Reshiram or do so after little prior damage.

**Rock and Water Arceus**: Rock and Water Arceus can take any hit from Reshiram and Recover off the damage. Rock Arceus should be wary of Focus Blast, [ac] though.

**Tyranitar**: Tyranitar can switch in on any attack and force Reshiram out unless it is carrying Focus Blast.

**Stealth Rock**: Reshiram really despises Stealth Rock, [ac] as it is easily worn down along with Life Orb recoil, and it normally has difficulty getting a Roost off.

**Bulky Primal Kyogre**: Bulky variants of Primal Kyogre can easily come in on any attack and force Reshiram out, which allows giving away a free turn to use Calm Mind.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh can easily wall Reshiram in the absence of Stealth Rock and if it Reshiram isn't running Stone Edge.
2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)