Super Staff Bros: Other Metagames Edition!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Mamp needs to be an Ampharos imo. And Lucina should be an Altaria cuz she's a qt like them <3
Imo, give Ransei leftovers, and the ability to evolve into an aran maran if he celebrates for 64 turns in a row. If this happens, basically he gets all the stuff Adrian has rn, but as an arceus with them boosted stats :o
Idek wut iz gud, cuz I dun no hao plai pokiemanz, dis iz jsut wut i sayz

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Mamp needs to be an Ampharos imo. And Lucina should be an Altaria cuz she's a qt like them <3
Imo, give Ransei leftovers, and the ability to evolve into an aran maran if he celebrates for 64 turns in a row. If this happens, basically he gets all the stuff Adrian has rn.
> Aran Maran form and double clone

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Our next topic, after thinking about it a bit and Eevee General giving me an idea for a set, is going to be the former staff and extremely good other metagames player w0rd.

I say former staff because he's +w0rd now, also he quit Smogon + PS in general, at least for the moment. Either discuss what you think he'll be, or post some sample sets below, and we'll vote on them. Similar to last time, demote sig moves with a +, instead of a -. You can also have more than 4 moves on a single set, as all moves besides the signature move will simply have be randomly selected when a set is loaded [this is how it works in vanilla].

EV

Banned deucer.
+Word (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immewnity (immune to all status)
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
+ Meta Master : Taunts target, grants +1 to all stats

In: /nick, dfddgadfd
Faint: I was just testing something

(This *might* be broken)

Word (Slowking) @ Leftovers [/Assault Vest]
Ability: Unaware (or Analytic, if Unaware seems to be too much)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast [/Trick Room / Ice Beam]
- Psychic [/Psyshock / Slack Off]
+ Tour Win

word is infamous for being a great player, one who won nearly every single tournament on Showdown! that he joined. Tour Win is a Water-type move that lowers the opponent's Attack, Defense, and Special Defense by one, and then switches Slowking out to a partner. This partner then receives +1 Speed. The logic behind this is to lower the opponent's Defenses, keep the next Pokemon ahead of the game to take advantage of the weakened Pokemon. Unaware, on the other hand, ignores the stat boosts, should it come in again. This balances the move out, because it means Slowking can't check Pokemon it weakens! The choice of Slowking is because word often used Slowking on a lot of his teams in STABmons. Alternatively, it could be a Mew, which he used often as well; however, I think we should represent him with Slowking. This set has some variables to it, but I think it's certainly an interesting choice!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

Word (Slowking) @ Leftovers [/Assault Vest]
Ability: Unaware (or Analytic, if Unaware seems to be too much)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast [/Trick Room / Ice Beam]
- Psychic [/Psyshock / Slack Off]
+ Tour Win

word is infamous for being a great player, one who won nearly every single tournament on Showdown! that he joined. Tour Win is a Water-type move that lowers the opponent's Attack, Defense, and Special Defense by one, and then switches Slowking out to a partner. This partner then receives +1 Speed. The logic behind this is to lower the opponent's Defenses, keep the next Pokemon ahead of the game to take advantage of the weakened Pokemon. Unaware, on the other hand, ignores the stat boosts, should it come in again. This balances the move out, because it means Slowking can't check Pokemon it weakens! The choice of Slowking is because word often used Slowking on a lot of his teams in STABmons. Alternatively, it could be a Mew, which he used often as well; however, I think we should represent him with Slowking. This set has some variables to it, but I think it's certainly an interesting choice!
Mfw you tagged the wrong w0rd

w0rd (mega slowbro) @ Slowbronite(begins match as mega slowbro)
Fur Coat
-Scald
-Quiver Dance
-Stored Power
+Unbreakable

Unbreakable increases word's Def and SpD by 1 stage each and heals it by 50% of its max HP

Word is infamous for being salty af about slowbro-mega's non-ban status in stabmons(never gonna forget it, never let him live it down, never gonna u-unba~n mega slowbro)

Pikachuun

Whoops almost forgot about this.

We shall now commence the voting proceedures! Please select a set that will win the right to be +w0rd's set! Same deal as last time, if w0rd comes out of retirement and votes, his vote counts as 2. I'll just use Eevee General's phrases for all options since there weren't any others given.

None

Choon's Super-Slow-To-Update Vote Tally:

unfixable: 4 Votes

Eevee General: 3 Votes

Throbulator36: 0 Votes

Last edited:
I know it's too late but don'tcha think word's mon should be shift gear heatran with tour win? I do.

Pikachuun

unfixable wins by default. I decided to use the Unaware/Leftovers variant of the set

Here's the nextest changelog! Code has been updated.

Added +word
Fixed another bug with Wrath of Cacnea
Changed @Uselesscrab -> @uselesscrab
Demoted Rekeri to + Nvm I didn't notice the roomauth
Promoted xfix to @
Added %QuoteCS

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)