Pokémon Rumble World

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Funnily enough I haven't been able to get Wormadam which is frustrating.

On the plus side, I'm rank 51 now and currently have a Punchy+ Lucario with Close Combat and Bulk Up with 1,436 power which is nice to use. My legendary count is up to 12 now and funnily enough I caught 3 reshirams in a row despite them not wobbling

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Stellar have you beaten the final challenge yet (World Championship X)? I haven't been able to get past Dialga/Palkia and there are two more boss waves after apparently (Zek/Resh, POgre/PDon). I'm guessing I need to max out my stat trees before really attempting this challenge.

I'm only Lv.74 atm, got level 7 atk tree and lv.4 defense tree, and lv.3 speed iirc.

How do you catch Pokemon so easily ? Even with wobble things and gutsy -_- :(
for bosses, use endeavor- if they're below your current HP, it only does 1 damage. so you'll usually (unless it's a really easy boss+minion combo) want to use a stronger pokemon to first get rid of all the minions (they stop spawning eventually), then weaken the boss to low health. from there, endeavor the boss whenever it has white smoke around it (where it's charging to send an energy wave out from it to blow you away). note that the timing of the white smoke isn't completely random- bosses only have two different attacks (besides the generic boss attacks like the aforementioned energy wave). the first they use ~3-5 times in a row, then they use the second one, and after that they start getting white smoke around them. so for example, a garchomp i fought earlier would repeatedly use dragon rush, then use dragon claw once, and after that would always start getting white smoke. if you're killing all the minions you should have ample time to determine which attack is which. also, make sure whatever you're using endeavor with has another attacking move to finish off the boss once it gets wobbled, ideally a quick melee attack.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Stellar have you beaten the final challenge yet (World Championship X)? I haven't been able to get past Dialga/Palkia and there are two more boss waves after apparently (Zek/Resh, POgre/PDon). I'm guessing I need to max out my stat trees before really attempting this challenge.

I'm only Lv.74 atm, got level 7 atk tree and lv.4 defense tree, and lv.3 speed iirc.
Haven't beaten the challenge yet. I was planning to finish my dex + save up diamonds for upgrading special trait tree. That being said, I was able to use my diamonds for today to finish the dex! Woo. So yeah, I have all 719 now and it is supremely infuriating that you end at Rank 79 with 9/10 for a level up. Maybe they'll release Hoopa in an update to fix that.

Something probably hard to determine, but is a Special Trait mon set to drop every time, or is it determined after the Mon drops whether or not it has a special trait?

Anyway, last night I cracked and bought the Sale diamonds for some more balloons, and I'm wondering if I should use any to get more Tree upgrades.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I feel like the only tree upgrades that are worth the diamonds are the special trait trees. You can wobble every boss with enough patience, so the wobble trees ultimately aren't really worth it. The wealthy tree doesn't really increase P drop by that much, and you can get a lot of P just by playing.

I gotta say, tried Sky Attack on my Staraptor because of this thread, it ate up two Flying weak bosses like they were nothing. Love it!

Also, is there still the one Epic trait per file thing? Not sure if I want to release my Epic Palpitoad unless it prevents me from getting something I can better.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have 4 epics (Bisharp Sentret Scraggy Stunfisk - I use the first two regularly to capture Pokemon).

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I used up all my diamonds so I effectively can't play for like three days til I get enough diamonds to take on Reshiram again :( I also can't really beat the current challenge unless I get like dragon arceus. :c

...yes I need 60 diamonds I am unlucky. :| tbh I've wasted a lot of diamonds but since I purchased the game it doesn't matter cuz if I hold off on playing I'll be fiiine.

Jibaku

Btw if no one noticed yet, you can refund the Diamond(s) you spent while using a Timer Stop. When you use a Timer Stop, the Diamond count is not saved until you complete the stage and ride the balloon back to the castle. You can turn off the game to refund the Diamond, but it'll still place the stage on cooldown. This is useful if you intend to use a Diamond to obtain something on a specific stage, but you later find out that are unable to get it.

For example, I'm looking to capture a Zekrom with Bolt Strike or a good trait. I use the Timer Stop to lock in the Zekrom stage, and complete the stage, but find out that my Zekrom does not have either Bolt Strike or a good trait. Before I go on the balloon, I turn off the game. I reload and find that my Diamond remains unspent, but White Ruins is now on cooldown.

Been doing this for a while and it probably saved me like 50 Diamonds or so.

Btw if no one noticed yet, you can refund the Diamond(s) you spent while using a Timer Stop. When you use a Timer Stop, the Diamond count is not saved until you complete the stage and ride the balloon back to the castle. You can turn off the game to refund the Diamond, but it'll still place the stage on cooldown. This is useful if you intend to use a Diamond to obtain something on a specific stage, but you later find out that are unable to get it.

For example, I'm looking to capture a Zekrom with Bolt Strike or a good trait. I use the Timer Stop to lock in the Zekrom stage, and complete the stage, but find out that my Zekrom does not have either Bolt Strike or a good trait. Before I go on the balloon, I turn off the game. I reload and find that my Diamond remains unspent, but White Ruins is now on cooldown.

Amazing tip. Thanks dude

So to be clear, the Balloon has to recharge, but you still have the Diamonds as if you hadn't used Timer Stop? And it's locked in only at a point where you go back to the hub? Like, say I get knocked out trying to Endeavor-Wobble a boss instead of finishing the level for the balloon.

Nice. Gonna use this next time I go grinding for Legendaries.

Jibaku

So to be clear, the Balloon has to recharge, but you still have the Diamonds as if you hadn't used Timer Stop? And it's locked in only at a point where you go back to the hub? Like, say I get knocked out trying to Endeavor-Wobble a boss instead of finishing the level for the balloon
It's only locked when you return back home. You can respawn as many times as you want but none of those diamonds will matter if you decide to reset at the end anyways.

So, I just ran into Aegislash, and the thing just keeps alternating Swords Dance (Shield) and Sacred Sword (Blade) without doing the usual "Smoke to Wobble" window. Does Aegislash just have to be caught the old random way?

Jibaku

Almost certain Aegislash can't be captured without luck. Fortunately I got a shining one on my first visit.

Anyways I forgot to mention that you can also lock in your Rainbow state by resetting. Like Timer and Diamond usage / pickup, Rainbows aren't saved until you complete the stage. However, Fever states aren't saved - they're calculated every time you select the stage. Still nice to be able to lock in a triple rainbow to use for multiple stages, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)