ORAS OU #ratemyteam workshop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This Sunday, April 26th, our lovely RMT mods aim and Trinitrotoluene will be hosting a rating workshop in the section's dedicated IRC channel, #ratemyteam.

They'll be rating teams for a few hours, discussing possible changes and hopefully helping as many people as they can. The tier will be ORAS OU. You are welcome to come participate if you'd like to.

The workshop will start at 7 PM Eastern.

You can post the teams you want rated in this thread! We'll pick a few of them and post the recommended changes.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Leremyju sorry but you need to post a link to an actual RMT and not just an importable because our raters will need descriptions to know how your team works, what the focus of the team is and how to make suggestions accordingly

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey all, we managed to get through 4 teams in today's rmt workshop! before i begin, i'd like to give a tremendous shoutout to b101 moderator Leftiez for taking two hours out of his day to rate teams with me and aim, as well as shout-outs to everyone else that came, watched, and participated :]

here's the log of the workshop: http://pastebin.com/SzBNcjv3

here are our suggested fixes (format is suggestion | justification):

the dream team, by AD impish john

our main goal for this rate was to reduce the pressure cast upon diancie to keep sr off the field because of the op's use of talonflame (which needs rocks off the field at all times), remedy the lack of a proper keldeo switch-in, and find a way to wear down bulky waters and grounds:
  • healing wish latias > av raikou | this change gives the team defog, a proper water resist, and healing wish support.
  • 252 hp / 164 def / 92 spe + toxic on garchomp > 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spd + fire blast on garchomp | ev optimizations, method of pressuring fat waters and grounds.
  • bulky av bisharp > fast black glasses bisharp | small changes that optimize bisharp's ability to do what it does for the op's team.
  • optional: av metagross > bisharp | this helps the op's team more against opposing faeries but leaves it more vulnerable to sand offense.
---

absolutely offensive, by Team Pokepals

i'll be honest and speak for me, aim, and leftiez here: this team was difficult to rate without completely breaking down the team's structure. we ended up fixing the team's lack of a water switch-in and debated how to resolve a vulnerability to mega charizard-x. we came up with two possible solutions that may or may not fit the vibe of the team:
  • rotom-w > heatran | this resolves most of the issues the op's team has with not being able to switch into water-types, and it gives the op a bulky pivot, which helps their frailer mons get free switch-ins. this is optional, but another change that can be considered is thunder wave over will-o-wisp to paralyze any zard that sets up on rotom-w
  • hidden power electric > hidden power bug on keldeo | this lets keldeo revenge kill gyarados and azumarill more effectively.
  • optional: hippowdon > garchomp | hippowdon saps all momentum from the team, but it checks mega charizard-x effectively.
  • optional: scarf terrakion > scarf keldeo | another option that can revenge kill +1 mega charizard-x, but it amplifies the water weakness.
---

trinte calla, by Analytic

because we might have been a bit burnt out at this point, aim, leftiez, and i spent most of our time wandering in circles identifying weaknesses and trying to fix them in big ways before resolving to make smaller changes that optimized the team and / or checked the most relevant threats out there.
  • hidden power fire > ice beam on starmie | aim was surprised that the op didn't put in sd scizor as a weakness, considering that it sets up on and beats everything, so this change covers that weakness while giving the team a way to heavily weaken ferrothorn.
  • specially defensive skarmory > chesnaught | this change lets the team keep their current spikes support while having a reliable mega diancie check
  • optional: heatran / talonflame > jirachi | both check mega charizard-y and specially offensive faeries, but heatran also checks mega charizard-x while talonflame stallbreaks even further. know that the talonflame change necessitates using a fatter landorus-t to set up sr.
---

honeybush's ho squad ft. slurpuff, by TheBumbleBeeBoy

by the time we got to this team, leftiez, aim, and i were burnt out. i wanted to get one last team in so we could get an even 4 teams rated and look at something that uses fun options. besides, i'm a hyper offense fanboy. this team is already pretty solid, so any and every suggestion we made for this team just optimizes it further.
  • skill swap > taunt on azelf | screws sableye and mega diancie over, which in turn lets azelf get rocks up against them.
  • jolly + lum berry > adamant + life orb | diggersby loses a bit of power with this change, but in return, it gives diggersby the ability to set up on and severely weaken mega sableye at worst. this also helps the team fight off mew.
  • jolly + low kick > adamant + pursuit on bisharp | the op says that the lati twins and gengar are problems, but they really aren't imo. the team has thundurus to revenge kill and paralyze all three, and bisharp to threaten all of them. worse comes to worse, mega gallade can force a speed tie.
  • optional: aerodactyl > azelf | aerodactyl's faster than every other common hyper offense lead and can get sr up reliably. this change is just personal preference coming out from me.
  • remove the awful slurpuff nick lol | this suggestion isn't serious lol
---

we'll likely focus on a different tier next time, so keep an ear out for more rmt workshop news in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)