Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

I absolutely love the synergy between scarfed Lando and Mega Manectric. Both fast, hard hitting, and pack intimidate to really wear down physical sweepers. With the all around great coverage between the two of them, this core works out great and has come in clutch in many games. The defensive synergy is pretty good too with Lando being immune to Manectric's only weakness. Both function as very good revenge killers and late game cleaners. Obviously I need to watch out for the likes of Bisharp since he can actually benefit from having two intimidaters on the opposing team, but I think the reward outweighs the risk greatly.

The defensive core:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Originally the infamous Chansey/Skarmory core, I decided to switch Chansey for Celebi as this team could NOT handle Keldeo what-so-ever. With Celebi I at least have an answer to it aside from HP Bug variants. I opted for defog over rocks for Skarm because I figured this team relies on switching a lot with the VoltTurn offensive core that I could not afford to have hazards on the field. I did have rocks on Celebi, but it was just Scizor bait and I was put in a bad spot whenever I faced that match up. So I opted for HP Fire to try to catch some Scizors off guard and do some good damage. Giga Drain is of course the STAB of choice to also give some recovery.

The plugs to the holes:

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Nothing crazy here. Standard Bisharp set. I needed a good wall breaker and Bisharp has come in handy in many situations. One swords dance and it is an absolutely devastating late game sweeper who doesn't worry about intimidates. I switched to black glasses over life orb in order to give him a little more longevity, and since I mostly spam knock off and sucker punch while reserving iron head mostly for fairies, there is not too much of a difference. Bisharp has single handily won me many games.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe 52 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Flamethrower Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

The final member of the team. Not really the standard defensive set, but with enough bulk to last a while in the match. Heatran serves as a good check to a lot of mons that my team can be weak to such as Talonflame, Both Charizards, and M-Altaria so long as the balloon is in tact. Flamethrower and Flash Cannon are the hard-hitting stabs, Ancient Power is strictly for Talonflame and the occasional Zard Y, and Earth Power is simply good coverage. The 4 Speed evs are to outspeed uninvested Heatrans and OHKO with EP.

So there you have it. This team has worked very well for me peaking at a little over 1600, but I am always open to suggestions on how to make it better. Thanks always :)

Last edited:

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey foreversevenfold! This is a solid team you have here, but I feel like your Heatran set could use some improvement.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon/Stone Edge/Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

First off, your team has no hazard support at all. Adding SR on your heatran would probably be a good idea, just in case you need it to support the rest of your team. I'm also recommending the set straight from the analysis. They recommend a max speed spread to outspeed some important threats, but if bulk is what you want, you could always just switch up the EVs. You probably weren't running this already because your Skarmory has Defog, but you could always just Defog away the opponent's hazards, switch into Heatran, and set up rocks.

Also, you might want to update some of the descriptions on your sets. If you have less than 3 lines of description for each individual pkmn, you're risking having a forum moderator lock your thread.

Hey foreversevenfold, nice team and congrats on posting your first RMT! I have a few suggestions that would improve your team if you consider them. You should add 108 Speed onto celebi and give it baton pass in order to escape Bisharp's pursuit and to outspeed it. Consider this set:

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 108 Speed / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

That set allows you to get away from Bisharp safely and still be able to tank the Special hits that you need to. Now onto your own Bisharp, This isn't really a must have on Bisharp but I suggest you make It Jolly nature since you're running Swords Dance. Adamant is usually ran on it's 4 Atk set. Jolly allows you to speed tie with Breloom(Which may not seem like an important thing at first but surprisingly it is) Also the rest of the base 70's. That's all I have for you, If i think of anything else I'll let you know.

And like xzern mentioned, add more to your descriptions :]

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey, nice team. I agree that Stealth Rocks should be run on Heatran, because you have no hazards. One EV spread you can try out is running 200 Speed, 4 Defense, and 52 HP with a Timid Nature. This allows you to always outspeed Bisharp, Garchomps with tank sets that run 92 speed to outspeed Bisharp (they will be at 263 and you'll be at 264), Breloom, Scizor, and the extra bulk also gives Heatran a higher chance of surviving a Hammer Arm from Mega Metagross. Another change that can be helpful is Rocky Helmet on Skarmory because physical attackers such as Mega Pinsir, Mega Lopunny, Scizor and Bisharp will all take 16% upon contact with Skarmory. This will limit their attacks and allow Skarmory to put more pressure on the opposing team.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 52 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 298-352 (88.6 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 298-352 (92.2 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

I made a few of the suggested changes! Namely to my Heatran build. I have to say I didn't think I was missing too much in not having rocks but it's already come in handy many times. I made Bisharp jolly, but I'm still not totally convinced that the power loss is worth it... But I guess we'll just see! thanks everyone :)

I'm not sure, but does Flamethrower net KOs that Lava Plume doesn't? The 30% burn chance is REALLY nice, especially against incoming Landorus-Ts.

I'm not sure, but does Flamethrower net KOs that Lava Plume doesn't? The 30% burn chance is REALLY nice, especially against incoming Landorus-Ts.
I did have lava plume on it, but I figured the extra power would be worth it since this is a mostly offensive tran. Think I should switch back?

styie

Formerly known as Freedom.
Hey there foreversevenfold. Nice team you have there. Your team is pretty straight forward so I don't really think you need to change much.

Looking farther into your team I noticed you lacked the following(s):

• Stealth Rocks

I would recommend Adding Fire Blast over Flamethrower on heatran to catch opposing Keldeo, Azumarill, and other bulky waters on the switch-in to try to get a burn. Consider this set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon / Roar

I chose this set mainly because your team has no hazard support at all. Stealth Rock is a must on any competitive team, not only getting chip damage, but it puts pressure on any team that has mons weak to stealth rock, and adding Stealth Rock on your heatran would probably be a good idea, to support the rest of your team. Next, having Roar is good because there's a chance you can roar out a Pokemon that's weak to stealth rock. Any damage like that is crucial and can be game changing.

Next up, I would recommend switching you celebi set to look like this, I'll get in to detail why this could be important. Take this set into consideration:

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpDef / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass

That set allows you to outspeed Bisharp safely and baton pass out there so you don't get trapped and killed. You're probably wondering why I'm requesting you to use Perish Song? Well let me tell you why. Not only does Perish Song stop setup sweepers but it also helps win the end of a game. Perish Singing at the end game is good because if your opponent has one mon left you can perish song and proceed to play correctly for the win. This is an excellent move choice for your type of team and playstyle.

I won't really count this because Landorus-I is a major threat all around but please note and be very careful about RP Lando-I because once your skarm is dead it can proceed to RP and sweep your team, so be cautious on how you play your skarmory.

anyway that's all I really noticed that could be improved, good luck with the team, and very nice build.

Hope I helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)