Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking on Bulbapedia where I learned that the Moss and Ice Rocks have priority on Eevee's evolution, meaning if it would otherwise evolve into an Espeon, an Umbreon, or a Sylveon through level up, it will instead evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon respectively. This made me wonder something: if I have an Eevee, who has maximum friendship, 2+ affection, and a Fairy-type move, what will it evolve into, Espeon/Umbreon or Sylveon?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was looking on Bulbapedia where I learned that the Moss and Ice Rocks have priority on Eevee's evolution, meaning if it would otherwise evolve into an Espeon, an Umbreon, or a Sylveon through level up, it will instead evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon respectively. This made me wonder something: if I have an Eevee, who has maximum friendship, 2+ affection, and a Fairy-type move, what will it evolve into, Espeon/Umbreon or Sylveon?
I would test this but I don't have my DS, but I've heard that someone had trouble evolving their Eevee into Sylveon because they had maxed their friendship and it was instead evolving into Umbreon, and it only became a Sylveon after they had lowered the friendship by force-fainting, so I would say Espeon / Umbreon (friendship) takes priority

edit: must have been the other way around, I definitely remember someone trying to evolve it into one thing and it was becoming the other, lol

Last edited:
Pretty sure Sylveon has priority over Espeon / Umbreon since you can simply remove the Fairy-type move to achieve the other evolution, which makes things more convenient for players.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tested, it evolves into Sylveon.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
is there any way to organize pokemon in blue without withdrawing/depositing endlessly? does stadium let you move things around?
Stadium you can move entire boxes and individual Pokemon. It is considerably more efficient using it over the default way of doing things! Stadium 2's interface is even better if you have that iirc.

I'm somewhat debating on which Pokédex in Alpha Sapphire I should focus on completing. The Hoenn dex or the National dex? What do you guys think and why?

.com

Grumpy old man
I'm somewhat debating on which Pokédex in Alpha Sapphire I should focus on completing. The Hoenn dex or the National dex? What do you guys think and why?
Well the Hoenn Dex could be considered a sub-step of completing the National Dex, so on that premise alone completing the Hoenn Dex first seems the most sensible. You can get the reward [Oval Charm] and may then continue to the National Dex [slightly aided by the fact that the Oval Charm is increasing the speed with which you can obtain any breedable Pokémon you need (baby-mons and the like)].

Complete post change, I realized I had tried to answer an old question.

Would it be appropriate to talk about generation 1 glitch Pokemon in Orange Islands?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Would it be appropriate to talk about generation 1 glitch Pokemon in Orange Islands?
It would, provided you've got something sensible to say about them. Speculating on Megas or upgraded movepools for them is a no-go, but if you've got some technical insight you'd like to share, please go on. Crystal_ made a thread here not too long ago, which proved a very interesting read.

It would, provided you've got something sensible to say about them. Speculating on Megas or upgraded movepools for them is a no-go, but if you've got some technical insight you'd like to share, please go on. Crystal_ made a thread here not too long ago, which proved a very interesting read.
I plan on explaining glitch Pokemon obtainable through easy means. There are a few really interesting glitches that can be obtained entirely without cheating. I'll be explaining what they are, how strong they are, how to obtain them, and how dangerous they are.

Say I enter a triple battle with an Adaptability Porygon-Z on the left, a Skill Swap Alakazam in the middle, and a Hawlucha on the right.

First Turn: Porygon-Z Protects, Alakazam Skill Swaps Trace for Adaptability. Hawlucha Swords Dances.

Second Turn: Porygon-Z Protects again, Alakazam Skill Swaps Adaptability to Hawlucha. Hawlucha Swords Dances once again.

Third Turn: Porygon-Z Hyper Beams, Alakazam Psyshocks, and Hawlucha uses Flying Press.

My question: How would Adaptability work on Hawlucha? If Skill Swapped, of course, but would it be x4 STAB for Flying Press?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Say I enter a triple battle with an Adaptability Porygon-Z on the left, a Skill Swap Alakazam in the middle, and a Hawlucha on the right.

First Turn: Porygon-Z Protects, Alakazam Skill Swaps Trace for Adaptability. Hawlucha Swords Dances.

Second Turn: Porygon-Z Protects again, Alakazam Skill Swaps Adaptability to Hawlucha. Hawlucha Swords Dances once again.

Third Turn: Porygon-Z Hyper Beams, Alakazam Psyshocks, and Hawlucha uses Flying Press.

My question: How would Adaptability work on Hawlucha? If Skill Swapped, of course, but would it be x4 STAB for Flying Press?
You only get STAB on the Fighting part, not the Flying part, so no.

In-game code check request:
- In Gen II only, is it true that for in-game battles, having a Badge boosts the power of all attacking moves of that Gym's type by 9/8 (on top of the 9/8 boosts to the stats themselves that all odd-numbered badges in Gen I-III do)?
- In FRLG, was the apparent switch in which Badge boosted Speed and which Badge boosted Defense fixed? I.e. does the ThunderBadge now boost Speed as the game claims, or does it boost Defense as it did in Gen I?

.com

Grumpy old man
Quoting (semi-)reliable sources [i.e. not just one-off random poster on a very dead thread], not claiming to have verified/found any of this information myself.
In-game code check request:
- In Gen II only, is it true that for in-game battles, having a Badge boosts the power of all attacking moves of that Gym's type by 9/8 (on top of the 9/8 boosts to the stats themselves that all odd-numbered badges in Gen I-III do)?
Yes, they do.
- In FRLG, was the apparent switch in which Badge boosted Speed and which Badge boosted Defense fixed? I.e. does the ThunderBadge now boost Speed as the game claims, or does it boost Defense as it did in Gen I?
Yes, ThunderBadge boosts Speed in FRLG.

Psypokes is a very old and unfortunately outdated site, and Bulbapedia is notoriously bad when it comes to common misconceptions about very obscure game mechanics. (For example, I don't think there's a single place that mentions how broken Gen I stat mods are, nor the "Body Slam can't paralyze Normals" mechanic.) I specifically mentioned FRLG for a reason since I'm strongly suspecting that the info on Bulbapedia is an educated guess, and that Psypokes is going off what the game says. Thanks for the effort though.

Anyone here with enough assembly-fu to directly confirm the above two questions?

Karxrida

So there was an ORAS (and I think XY?) patch released within the last month. Does anybody know what was in it?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So there was an ORAS (and I think XY?) patch released within the last month. Does anybody know what was in it?
I know that it allowed nicknames on Battle Spot, it might've also been an update to hack checks there.

There was another patch today, hopefully it disallowed nicknames once again!

I know that it allowed nicknames on Battle Spot, it might've also been an update to hack checks there.

There was another patch today, hopefully it disallowed nicknames once again!
Yeah there was a patch recently that disabled the Pokegen exploit.

I don't get Nintendo sometimes. It's like a game banning its own modding community...

I want to make a thread dedicated to battle videos. Not Showdown replays, but videos recorded with the Vs. Recorder. Would that be an appropriate thread for Orange Islands?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to make a thread dedicated to battle videos. Not Showdown replays, but videos recorded with the Vs. Recorder. Would that be an appropriate thread for Orange Islands?
No. If you want to discuss Maison videos then post them in the Maison thread. If they're Battle Spot ones, then there is a replay thread in the Battle Spot subforum. As for replays of random battles against passerbyes, then I'm afraid you won't find a place for them (nor can I imagine it sparking much discussion since it will just be a thread of people posting bad replays of terrible battlers).

Orange Islands is for strictly non-competitive discussions, the Maison (and equivalents) is OK since it's in-game.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am wondering if the cloning glitch in XY and ORAS has been updated with the recent patches?

Whenever I try turning off or pressing the home button at the 5 second counter, I am unable to do so. It only works at about 7 seconds, at which the trade has completed without cloning.

I could not find confirmation of this on Google

Karxrida

Did Revolution recycle mon models from the previous games like Colosseum and XD did from the Stadiums?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I am wondering if the cloning glitch in XY and ORAS has been updated with the recent patches?

Whenever I try turning off or pressing the home button at the 5 second counter, I am unable to do so. It only works at about 7 seconds, at which the trade has completed without cloning.

I could not find confirmation of this on Google
Try asking in Wi-Fi, those guys are all over the cloning mechanics

Did Revolution recycle mon models from the previous games like Colosseum and XD did from the Stadiums?
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere that revolution used all-new models that were made just for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)