2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Chelsea basically won the title this year because of their consistency and not shooting themselves in the foot nearly as much as the rest of the Premier League teams did this year.

Not really sure where Hazard is getting all this hype. Best player in the league, absolutely. But he isn't even on Robben's or Suarez's level let alone Messi and Ronaldo.

If Aguero could have a full injury free season I would take him over Hazard as well.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You're failing to grasp the concept that our 'boring' playstyle has been fantastic from a tactical perspective and has won us the league.
no he probably isn't, he's just correctly stating that chelsea are really boring to watch a large majority of the time

How many goals did Hazard get from penalties? sure, Hazard is aggressive and has the swagger to have a go at anyone and make shit happen..but he isn't the best fucking player this season. Oh well.

And I'll take the draw, but I won't be pleased with it. A win would have been great vs the bus, just to get more separation from Manchester before the battle later in the season.. It is what it is.

No way did I believe a win = title push on though.

Oh... And fuck John Terry. God he's a pos.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Who else then? Kane? Agüero? Please don't say Sanchez. He's about as deserving as Bale was whenhe won it if not more. Also,
FB_IMG_1430123569081.jpg

I don't see why people are downplaying Hazard...he has played a huge part in Chelsea's huge points lead in the Premier League this season. I also don't think Hazard ever really had a "bad" game per se because he has been pretty consistent in his playmaking throughout the season unlike Kane and Aguero.

HBK

no he probably isn't, he's just correctly stating that chelsea are really boring to watch a large majority of the time
Better that if it means being successful, than trying to look pretty and being, well, Arsenal. Sure, you could say, why not play attractive attacking football AND defend well but not every team can be fucking Bayern Munich, it's way easier said than done, say something when you've got years of coaching experience.

De Gea is the only one who has an argument out of the nominated, Kane is over hyped because he was a relative unknown and English. Sanchez was the best player in the league till January then form dropped.

Better that if it means being successful, than trying to look pretty and being, well, Arsenal. Sure, you could say, why not play attractive attacking football AND defend well but not every team can be fucking Bayern Munich, it's way easier said than done, say something when you've got years of coaching experience.
Ah shoutouts to mah team :] but in all seriousness, Bayern has had times when we had to play less attractive football when half of the offense was injured. We had to field a very defensive formation once and it did work quite effectively which was surprising but also relieving to me haha

spent a bit less time crocked.
Bournemouth 3 points and +19 goals clear of 3rd placed Middlesbrough with a game to go.

Last edited:

HBK

why was diego costa chosen over aguero?
We're not so close to being crowned champions because we have a solid defence, we had that last season too, Costa is the reason we're top of the league with this huge lead, he's been our most important player this season. He's scored more important goals than Agüero.

Why does Lambert not get any gametime at all. Like seriously... He did pretty well last year and he has a decent touch and strike which Balotelli has not showed all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)