General Introduce yourself!

Hey. I'm Brandon. I'm trying to get back into competitive battling and have to adjust to the new 6th generation from my ADV (3rd Generation) Netbattle experience. Yes, my mind is blown as some of the stuff I'm seeing now. Fairy type? Mega evolutions? Fucking crazy! Mainly looking around trying to get some battling tactics and teambuilding skills to refine myself.

Hey. I'm Brandon. I'm trying to get back into competitive battling and have to adjust to the new 6th generation from my ADV (3rd Generation) Netbattle experience. Yes, my mind is blown as some of the stuff I'm seeing now. Fairy type? Mega evolutions? Fucking crazy! Mainly looking around trying to get some battling tactics and teambuilding skills to refine myself.
I can help you with a few things pm me.
By the way my name is Andrew enjoy smogon

Hey all! :) I'm itsWait. Long time lurker at Smogon but finally decided to join in as an official member.
Looking to start playing competitive beginning with ORAS OU.
I stopped playing since the Gen 3 so I have a lot to learn, especially with all the new pokemon around!
Hoping to meet many fellow pokemon enthusiasts to play with. :)

Hey there itsWait :) Since you like OU, have you checked out the OU Subforum? Many people contribute to the OU forum, check out the Guide to the ORAS Metagame a fellow contributor made, it has a lot of threads for you to get started with and learn, it certainly helped me a lot! Hit me up with a PM/VM if you have anymore questions :)
Thank you very much for the welcome!
Yeah, I have checked out the OU Subforum, I've read quite a few of your posts too!
I appreciate the offer, and will hit you up for sure if I have any questions! :)

Hi everybody! Ive been playing Pokemon for a while now (Platinum was my first game) but Id like to get into competitive battling a bit more. I hope I can learn new things here!

Hi everybody! Ive been playing Pokemon for a while now (Platinum was my first game) but Id like to get into competitive battling a bit more. I hope I can learn new things here!
I would be happy to offer a few tips on battling just pm me to let me know. My name is Andrew by the way enjoy smogon.

Hi I am Chris and I'm fairly new when it comes to competitive battles. I've been to this site many times but haven't bothered signing up until now. I decided to sign up so i can hopefully beat a certain person on Pokemon Showdown. I work full time so I may not be here daily but I hope to be able to learn new things and have some good battles with everyone.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi I am Chris and I'm fairly new when it comes to competitive battles. I've been to this site many times but haven't bothered signing up until now. I decided to sign up so i can hopefully beat a certain person on Pokemon Showdown. I work full time so I may not be here daily but I hope to be able to learn new things and have some good battles with everyone.
hello chris and welcome to smogon forum! im gonna give u some helpful links to start the competitve world of pokemon

http://www.smogon.com/tutor/ -> this is a program where tutors bring tutee and teach 'em everything they should knw about competitive battling

while

www.smogon.com/forums/forums/rate-my-team.52 -> if you think your team needs help you can post it here!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/competitive-discussion.249/ -> follow it! there always are news and intersting discussion where takin part

in the end if you wanna see your abilities this is the exactly way -> http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/tournaments.34/

Hello folks! I am Roy Ortiz, or as you'll get to know me as, Danceoff. I'm a competitive pokemon player who likes defensive teams. Why is my name Danceoff? Because dancing. I'm trying to get my way to the top of the ladder and am rated around 300 in the AG Ladder. I hope I can battle with you on showdown (since my OR cartridge got screwed when I plugged my SD card into my computer and changed some info).

-Bestest Wishes
-Danceoff

Hi guys I'm Eliot,

I just started playing Pokemon Showdown (Anything Goes) and I was wondering if you had any feedback for me on my team - Its been doing really well - but you can always make a team better :) keep in mind I don't use legendary Pokemon.

So without further adieu here is my team:

Snorlax w/leftovers & immunity (Impish)
Substitute
Belly Drum
Rest
Body Slam

Drifblim w/focus sash & aftermath (Timid)
Minimize
Defog
Clear Smog
Baton Pass

Huntail w/white herb & water veil (Timid)
Shell Smash
Coil
Scald
Baton Pass

Mega-Mawile w/mawilite & huge power (Adamant)
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Swords Dance
Rest

Cloyster w/white herb & skill link (Jolly)
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Smash
Rest

Talonflame w/scope lens & gale wings (Naive)
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Bulk Up
Roost

I usually open with Snorlax then stat boost with Drifblim and Huntail then Baton Pass to one of my sweepers. The extra stat boosts on my sweepers are just in case my Baton Passers get KO'd.

Cheers,
E

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello folks! I am Roy Ortiz, or as you'll get to know me as, Danceoff. I'm a competitive pokemon player who likes defensive teams. Why is my name Danceoff? Because dancing. I'm trying to get my way to the top of the ladder and am rated around 300 in the AG Ladder. I hope I can battle with you on showdown (since my OR cartridge got screwed when I plugged my SD card into my computer and changed some info).

-Bestest Wishes
-Danceoff
Hi Danceoff!
Nice to meet you! Good luck getting to the top of the ladder! n_n Ah, Anything Goes, the unpredictable tier. I dabble in that tier, but I mostly play BH and OU. Have fun around the site!
Hi guys I'm Eliot,

I just started playing Pokemon Showdown (Anything Goes) and I was wondering if you had any feedback for me on my team - Its been doing really well - but you can always make a team better :) keep in mind I don't use legendary Pokemon.

So without further adieu here is my team:

Snorlax w/leftovers & immunity (Impish)
Substitute
Belly Drum
Rest
Body Slam

Drifblim w/focus sash & aftermath (Timid)
Minimize
Defog
Clear Smog
Baton Pass

Huntail w/white herb & water veil (Timid)
Shell Smash
Coil
Scald
Baton Pass

Mega-Mawile w/mawilite & huge power (Adamant)
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Swords Dance
Rest

Cloyster w/white herb & skill link (Jolly)
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Smash
Rest

Talonflame w/scope lens & gale wings (Naive)
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Bulk Up
Roost

I usually open with Snorlax then stat boost with Drifblim and Huntail then Baton Pass to one of my sweepers. The extra stat boosts on my sweepers are just in case my Baton Passers get KO'd.

Cheers,
E
Hello Hellion937!
I'm afraid you've got the wrong place. Try the RMT forum to post a team, and make sure you read the rules before you post a thread. Anyways, have a good time!

Hy everyone ^_^ Call me Snow if you want ^^ I swear I can help if someone need it. I like battling and i like helping the other with breeding :) I'm free to receive private...so I swear to start some new bond here :D

Hy everyone ^_^ Call me Snow if you want ^^ I swear I can help if someone need it. I like battling and i like helping the other with breeding :) I'm free to receive private...so I swear to start some new bond here :D
Sup Snow, welcome. If you like to help people out, you should definitely take a look at the Simple Questions/Requests thread. Other than that, what tiers are you into? I'm really into NU, RU and UU. Maybe we can battle sometime.

Have a fun time out here :))

Sup Snow, welcome. If you like to help people out, you should definitely take a look at the Simple Questions/Requests thread. Other than that, what tiers are you into? I'm really into NU, RU and UU. Maybe we can battle sometime.

Have a fun time out here :))
So....I try to play into some tier ^^ Ou, Vgc and sometimes in UU and Nu ^^ The last two tier I have teams only on ShowDown but in this days I'll work to create them also on Ds ^^ And yes I Accept your challenge...from Tomorrow evening I have more time to battle :)

So....I try to play into some tier ^^ Ou, Vgc and sometimes in UU and Nu ^^ The last two tier I have teams only on ShowDown but in this days I'll work to create them also on Ds ^^ And yes I Accept your challenge...from Tomorrow evening I have more time to battle :)
I could also help you building some teams, as I have quite a lot of NU/RU tier spitbacks with certain egg moves and HAs :)

Sup Leo, I see you're around for a while already. I'm going to check out your YouTube channel right now. What are your favorite tiers? Maybe we can battle :)

Peace!
Hope you enjoyed the vids, been busy with IRL stuff so haven't been able to upload as much and mainly I've been playing NU and UU :]

Hello everyone, I'm minoutsuba. So, as you can see I've been a member for I think... more than 3 years now. I've never participated in the forums that much and initially just created an account because I thought I would get into competitive battling at that time. But, due to a very busy life, I never had the chance to go back to Smogon.

Anyway, I started playing Pokemon in Generation 3, FR/LG. Then backtracked to play Sapphire then 4th and 5th Gen with Platinum, HG/SS, BW/2 and just recently I played and finished Pokemon Red and now trying to finish Pokemon Crystal. Though I haven't played any of the 6th Gen because, I don't have 3DS and stuff.

I have, some Competitive Battling knowledge though not that in-depth. I know some things and am willing to learn more along the way.

Cheers. :)

Hi everyone! I'm Eldin (not my real name). I hope I get to know everyone here a little better during my stay. If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me. Have a great day/afternoon/evening everyone! =)

What's good?
My name is zenni, and I'm the most zen person in the world (except when hax happens). I signed up on smogon to learn more about the games I love the most. I specialize in the all powerful water type pokemon, and prefer rain teams over anything. I have a unique view on many pokemon, and like to use the pokemon I love, even if they're not really that great. I prefer tea instead of coffee and please, no sugar.

I'm also thinking of signing up as an apprentice. I think it'll help me to have someone tagging along and giving me a few tips. I know how to build pretty good, but I need to learn about pokemon that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for reading my mini bio, it's good to be on smogon :]

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello everyone, I'm minoutsuba. So, as you can see I've been a member for I think... more than 3 years now. I've never participated in the forums that much and initially just created an account because I thought I would get into competitive battling at that time. But, due to a very busy life, I never had the chance to go back to Smogon.

Anyway, I started playing Pokemon in Generation 3, FR/LG. Then backtracked to play Sapphire then 4th and 5th Gen with Platinum, HG/SS, BW/2 and just recently I played and finished Pokemon Red and now trying to finish Pokemon Crystal. Though I haven't played any of the 6th Gen because, I don't have 3DS and stuff.

I have, some Competitive Battling knowledge though not that in-depth. I know some things and am willing to learn more along the way.

Cheers. :)
Hi minoutsuba!
Nice to meet you! I had this account for a few months before I decided to start getting involved. I started Pokemon with Generation 3, too, with Emerald. I then played the rest of the Gen 3 games, moved on to XY, and only then went back and played Generations 4 and 5. I'm not the best at competitive battling, but I guess I'm decent. :/ Have a nice time here!
Hi everyone! I'm Eldin (not my real name). I hope I get to know everyone here a little better during my stay. If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me. Have a great day/afternoon/evening everyone! =)
Hello Kyoukai!
Welcome to Smogon! Explore the different forums we have to offer here and find some you'd like to get involved in. Make sure you know the rules of each forum, though. Have fun!
What's good?
My name is zenni, and I'm the most zen person in the world (except when hax happens). I signed up on smogon to learn more about the games I love the most. I specialize in the all powerful water type pokemon, and prefer rain teams over anything. I have a unique view on many pokemon, and like to use the pokemon I love, even if they're not really that great. I prefer tea instead of coffee and please, no sugar.

I'm also thinking of signing up as an apprentice. I think it'll help me to have someone tagging along and giving me a few tips. I know how to build pretty good, but I need to learn about pokemon that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for reading my mini bio, it's good to be on smogon :]
Hey Zenni!
Welcome to the site! My favorite type has to be steel. <3 I also love using my favorite Pokemon, so usually my teams are created by building around them. I'm not that great at teambuilding, but my teams do pretty well when battling with them. Have a great time here at the forums!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)