ORAS OU Devil In a black dress.

Whaddup people, welcome to my first RMT. This is one of my favorite teams and like I said this is my first RMT so any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Without Further Adieu:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite

Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

The star of the squad right here. I wanted to build a team around Mega Gardevoir because it's crazy powerful and can serve as a Stall-Breaker and a Wall-Breaker. The set is pretty standard Double stab + Focus blast to get past things such as Ferrothorn, Heatran, Skarmory etc. My spread isn't all that standard though, Max SpA Modest with enough speed to outspeed Mega Altaria after I mega. Altaria Is a huge threat after it sets up. The 60 defense is there so I can live an Earthquake from Scarf Lando-t at max hp. Also so that I can avoid the OHKO from Sharpbeak Talonflame (If it's not Adamant and hazards are off my side).

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 60 Def Mega Gardevoir: 231-273 (83.3 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 60 Def Mega Gardevoir: 223-264 (80.5 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

I added ferrothorn next since things like Scizor and Metagross threaten Gardevoir, I also wanted something to be able to check those two while checking Mega Altaria. Though Ferrothorn is a shaky check to them. I needed something to absorb bullet punches, Stop Altaria from sweeping and get hazards up. I'm running the standard mixed spread and a standard set. Spikes to wear down ground types, Leech seed for recovery, Gyro ball to keep other fairies in check and T-Wave to slow down Sweepers.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

My team started to look a little Zard weak, Y and X. So I decided to throw hippo onto the squad, It helps with both of them and is a great partner for ferrothorn. It attracts waters, which ferro can come in on and set up hazards/leech seed and also helps with Scizor and Metagross. I'm running a Mixed wall spread so I can avoid being 2HKO'd by some special attackers and cause Grass Knot from Metagross to do less. SR to apply even more pressure on their Rapid spinner/Defogger, Earthquake because it hits Metagross, Zard-X etc, Stone edge to OHKO Zard-Y and Talonflame and Slack off just because a Hippo without recovery is a useless one.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- U-turn

My team started to look a little Lando-I weak so I decided to throw the one and only Burd Jesus onto the team. It's the standard bulky spread with Assault vest to help with Lando-I and Mega Venusaur. Offensive Venusaur plows through my team but Tornadus-T stops it in it's tracks. AV allows it to eat up any move it wants to go for and bop it with a Hurricane. Focus blast is for Tran, Ferro, and Tyranitar mainly, Knock off so I can deal a chunks of damage to the Lati twins and In-case someone is dumb enough to switch Chansey in on Tornadus, You already know why Hurricane is there, and U-turn so Torn can serve as a pivot.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

I noticed my team was lacking a spinner, which is crucial In two ways. One, because I have a flying type which will be switching in and out constantly so I can't afford to let it take SR damage even though it does have Re-generator. Two, because since I'm going to be spike stacking it would be foolish to have a defogger. I chose Starmie to fulfill this role because it forms a great defensive core with Hippo+Ferro+Tornadus. It also gives me a solid keldeo switch in which I really needed. That's pretty much all I need Starmie to do.

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Last but certainly not least, the great Diggersby. Since I have a sold Defensive backbone I needed something that could set up and do some physical damage and what does it better than SD Diggersby? Max Speed Max Attack Adamant. I gave it a focus sash so it could potentially stop mons from sweeping ( such as BD Azumarill ) by hitting it with a powerful return and finishing it off with a semi-powerful quick attack, given that it's sash is still intact.

And that's the end of my RMT. I sort of sped through this and like I said it's my first one so I'm not expecting it to be godly. Any feedback will help, for the team or my explaining skillz. Special Shout-out to the homie Habajiga for finding the sprites for me but we couldn't find a shiny Mega-Garde sprite which would of made my ghetto version of a Kanye song make more sense (Devil in a New Dress).

http://pastebin.com/x7YcTzZT The pastebin of the team.

EDIT: Found the Garde Sprite ayy

Last edited:
Cool team. I recommend you put Superpower over Focus Blast, however. For 2 main reasons.

The first being the threats you mention, (Heatran, Chansey after it's Eviolite has been knocked off and Tyranitar) take more damage from Superpower opposed to Focus Blast. For example, after SR Chansey has a 41% Chance to get 2HKOd. Specially Defensive Tyranitar has a 30.5% to be 2HKOd after SR. Heatran is 2HKOd after SR. (This is taking the -1 Attack into account.) Focus Blast is a 3HKO on all 3 of these Pokemon and you may not be able to take as many hits on your end as you would need to dish out in order to KO said Pokemon.

The second reason. It's focus miss. Accuracy is a crucial part of any match and i'm sure you've banged your head against a wall at least once or twice after missing a game defining Focus Blast. I don't have to remind you about Superpowers accuracy. Of course, you would have to change your Tornadus' nature to a Hasty nature, which honestly should not be too much of a problem.

Anyway, that's my input. Again, pretty coo team.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Hippowdon helps with Lopunny, It can't really get past it. Especially if it isn't carrying Ice Punch.

Hello, nice team you got there but i'd like to give you some suggestions. First of all you should give Heat Wave over Focus Blast on Tornadus because SD Scizor gives you many trouble if you don't get a burn with Starmie. The second suggestion I have is Reflect Type over Psyshock for dealing better with Keldeo+PursuitTrapper cores and Bisharps in general. You should give Protect over Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn because the free life can be more helpful than T-Wave in many case.

Other option for the team can be Choice Scarf Diggersby over the Focus Sash set you have right now for having a good revenge killer.

Hope I helped :]

Hey, nice team, loving the creative choices! Got a few comments.

If I were you, I'd give your Gardevoir a bit more speed, or perhaps just toy with that. Not sure how fast you want it, but it may need a bit more with that 100 base stat. It already hits like a damn truck.

Eh, nope, if you're playing by Smogon rules, no two items of the same kind. Other than that, nice choice there for the Hippo.

Hmm, not sure why you have Focus Blast there again. How about Heat Wave, as vlad suggested? You lack a fire type move. Coverage is always great.

Diggersby tho! I really like that creative choice! Anyways, that's about all this clown's got for you.

Hey, nice team, loving the creative choices! Got a few comments.

If I were you, I'd give your Gardevoir a bit more speed, or perhaps just toy with that. Not sure how fast you want it, but it may need a bit more with that 100 base stat. It already hits like a damn truck.

Eh, nope, if you're playing by Smogon rules, no two items of the same kind. Other than that, nice choice there for the Hippo.

Hmm, not sure why you have Focus Blast there again. How about Heat Wave, as vlad suggested? You lack a fire type move. Coverage is always great.

Diggersby tho! I really like that creative choice! Anyways, that's about all this clown's got for you.
you can have multiples of the same item. idk where you heard that

Hey bro, love gardevoir *-*, your team is kinda a classic sand balanced with gardevoir as stall breaker and Diggersby. Nonetheless i noticed some weakness and i'll help you to fix them as much as possible.

• First i can see a Charizard-Y and Clefable CM weakness, indeed you cant really do much against those threats, Hippowdon is not enough for Charizard because he cant come the turn Charizard is mega evolving and then even with this mixed spread it's still 2HKO'd, then clefable can setup pretty easily on your team and can kill ferrothorn with Flamethrower or Fire blast, you will be forced to rely on Diggersby to force the switch out which is clearly lame, same for Gardevoir in addition to get the SPA drop from moonblast. I'd suggest Choice Scarf Heatran over Diggersby, Heatran is a solid member for your team, allowing you to have a reliable Charizard Y check coupled with Hippowdon and also clefable since it has Flash Cannon (assuming twave clefable get fucked by ferrothorn because it doesnt have flamethrower or fire blast). Plus heatran make you safer against Scizor and especially Offensive 3 atk which is why i suggested a speedy Heatran, also now you have a reliable flying check for pokemon such as Tornadus-T / Talonflame / Pidgeot AND pinsir.
  • After that i'd suggest to swap Thunder Wave with Power Whip on Ferrothorn for the following reasons: Thunder wave + Gyroball is a bad combo because you're making your opponent slower than you which decrease Gyroball's effectivness, then you're pretty weak to bulky water such as Slowbro / Suicune / Gyarados / Starmie, while with Power Whip you will be able to hit them and not being passive because otherwise you will be forced to leech seed then switch out.
  • This is an optional thing but it might be cool to add it, as i said lately you're pretty weak to Scizor, if your opponent predict Heatran which is pretty obvious since he's your only one reliable check and use Superpower or what it might be still cool to have something to revenge kill it, thats why i suggest Heat Wave instead of Focus blast on Tornadus-T, now you will be able to revenge kill Scizor even if Heatran died.
  • Last suggest would be to use Thunderbolt over Psyshock on Starmie, this is simple, your team can get swept by Azumarill BD and it can find a way to setup (Hippo, Starmie, Heatran), while with thunderbolt you will be able to prevent it from sweeping or revenge kill it easier. The lack of Psyshock wont be an issue because tbolt still hit keldeo and you have Tornadus-T and Gardevoir that can check + Revenge kill.
I hope i helped and good luck with your team.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
The team is really weak to Sub Mega-Heracross, Mega Lopunny and LO Lando-I. To solve the problems that strong unboosted megas give you, switching Hippowdon's Evs to full defense and replacing Diggersby with scarf Lando-t means that these threats can't come in and threaten a knockout when they have a favorable matchup. The added speed and immediate power from scarf Lando-T means you can threaten weakened threats and gain momentum from u-turn. Additionally changing Focus Blast on Tornadus to Superpower allows it to hit Tyranitar and Chansey (no item) harder and with more accuracy than you would be able to otherwise. In regards to Ferrothorn i would either change Gyro ball to Powerwhip or change Thunerwave with Powerwhip because the Thunderwave and Gyro ball combo is sub-optimal as the slow from paralysis detracts from Gyro balls power.

Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)