Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

I believe that the CAP metagame has a "Necturna Clause", meaning that it can only have one sketch move.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Once CAP 3D models are finished and implemented onto Pokemon Showdown, are people allowed to modify/redistribute them on other websites, and if so do they have to receive approval from Smogon first?

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Dratios, what I'm getting from the thread is that you're welcome to work on prevos if you want, but there's no organised plan to do them right now. I'm pretty sure prevos aren't implemented on PS, so their models wouldn't really be "used" anywhere, but I'm also sure we'd all love to see models if people are willing to make them. If you want to get involved, you should just jump right in and post your work in paintseagull's thread.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I was wondering if any of the first five CAPs and Kitsunoh are going to get updated artwork to conform to the current submission rules? It would really help people that want to use the official artwork as a reference for various things, such as fan art, sprites, 3D models, etc.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Art from past CAP's will not be altered or updated for any reason in the foreseeable future. There HAVE been many different artist interpretations of the original art for all sorts of purposes: Articles on site and in the The Smog, reworks for new sprites, posing art for 3D modeling, and sometimes just for fun! There's nothing to stop artists from making new interpretations of old designs for CAP and Smogon in general. But the official design art for each CAP is effectively set in stone when the design is voted by the community.

Is it allowed for a new CAP pokemon to be given an ability or move that was made specifically for a previous CAP pokemon, or is it covered by the "no new moves/abilities ban" that is now in place?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it allowed for a new CAP pokemon to be given an ability or move that was made specifically for a previous CAP pokemon, or is it covered by the "no new moves/abilities ban" that is now in place?
It is debatable whether the policy on no custom abilities translates to previously created ones, but I believe the general consensus would be as BigWigs suggested. We generally like to keep to doing things with the tools the games themselves provided.

Hello guys! :] Hope all is well with everyone. Quick question, when will there be new Create A Pokemon concepts created? I've seen a few of them and I am absolutely amazed with them! :]

Cheers!

Concepts can always be created, the Concept Submission thread is at the Concept Workshop subforum at the top. I would recommend reading the rules on how to make a concept carefully before submitting. :)

Are we allowed to submit CAP concepts involving mega evolution? I have an idea for a concept, but I vaguely remember reading that this was disallowed at some point in the past. However, after looking through some pages, I can't seem to find that rule anywhere anymore, so I'm wondering if it was changed recently, or maybe if I'm just imagining things.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I heard somewhere that some earlier CAPs had their BSTs reduced. If so, which CAPs were they and what reductions did they receive?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
CAPs did not have their original BSTs reduced. A few years ago, we thought it would be a good idea to update some of the original CAP pokemon, and make them supposedly "better". We expanded their movepools, altered BST's, etc. After some time, we realized that the updates were a bad idea, for many reasons that I won't go into here. So we reverted all the updated CAP pokemon to their original state, as they had been created in the first place. So their BSTs were not reduced really, they were "restored" to their original state. CAP now has a firm policy of not changing CAP pokemon in any way after their original creation.

The CAP Ladder is down at the moment, and is replaced by the CAP Naviathan Playtest Ladder, which allows only the new Naviathan. It will be back when the playtest ends, likely next week.

Hi, sorry if I missed something in the guidelines posts, but I've noticed that each CAP Pokemon starts with a sort of general concept with a few questions to answer. At the end of a CAP project is there a post that just generally covers how to designed Pokemon fulfills the original concepts through it's move set/ability/type and sort of answers those original questions. Looking back through the created Pokemon and trying to figure out how the concept influenced their design can be difficult. thanks

Hi, sorry if I missed something in the guidelines posts, but I've noticed that each CAP Pokemon starts with a sort of general concept with a few questions to answer. At the end of a CAP project is there a post that just generally covers how to designed Pokemon fulfills the original concepts through it's move set/ability/type and sort of answers those original questions. Looking back through the created Pokemon and trying to figure out how the concept influenced their design can be difficult. thanks
I don't think there was ever a concept fulfillment explanation post. I believe the only way to find that information is to look through the individual discussion pages for the parts of the project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)