Metagamiate!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
So if I got this right, Gardevoir (with Mega Stone) has a Psychic type Hyper Voice (more powerful than Psychic/Psyshock) that it can use in base form to wreck Poison types and hit Fire types neutrally (as well as bluff a Scarf set) then it can Mega Evolve and sweep with Fairy type Hyper Voice to ruin the Dark types that walled it's base form's Hyper Voice. Focus Blast hits Steels, but it needs Aegi gone. There are probably better options for Megas, but that seems cool at least (rather than running 2 moves, run one move with 2 typings at different points in the game). It could free you up a slot for a Hidden Power to hit something your team hates or Healing Wish.

So if I got this right, Gardevoir (with Mega Stone) has a Psychic type Hyper Voice (more powerful than Psychic/Psyshock) that it can use in base form to wreck Poison types and hit Fire types neutrally (as well as bluff a Scarf set) then it can Mega Evolve and sweep with Fairy type Hyper Voice to ruin the Dark types that walled it's base form's Hyper Voice. Focus Blast hits Steels, but it needs Aegi gone. There are probably better options for Megas, but that seems cool at least (rather than running 2 moves, run one move with 2 typings at different points in the game). It could free you up a slot for a Hidden Power to hit something your team hates or Healing Wish.
I actually prefer to run Thunderbolt over Focus Blast, since most Steel types either can take a Focus Blast (Assuming it doesn't miss) and then kill you anyway, or are leaning too heavily on their Steel typing to protect them and can't tank a neutral Thunderbolt or two. Excadrill is the main thing I can think of where you basically need Focus Blast, and even then it takes 40% from Hyper Voice when Gardevoir isn't Mega Evolved, and can potentially be 2HKOed off Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice. (Low odds though) I guess there's also Specially Defensive Heatran? But against most Steel types Focus Blast is surprisingly unnecessary, when it isn't outright useless. (I'm sorry, if you're attacking Bisharp at all, it should be with Pixilated Hyper Voice) Skarmory is of course the most extreme example, and is worth noting as one of Metagamiate's top walls -Thunderbolt has a shot of OHKOing, Focus Miss does not.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I actually prefer to run Thunderbolt over Focus Blast, since most Steel types either can take a Focus Blast (Assuming it doesn't miss) and then kill you anyway, or are leaning too heavily on their Steel typing to protect them and can't tank a neutral Thunderbolt or two. Excadrill is the main thing I can think of where you basically need Focus Blast, and even then it takes 40% from Hyper Voice when Gardevoir isn't Mega Evolved, and can potentially be 2HKOed off Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice. (Low odds though) I guess there's also Specially Defensive Heatran? But against most Steel types Focus Blast is surprisingly unnecessary, when it isn't outright useless. (I'm sorry, if you're attacking Bisharp at all, it should be with Pixilated Hyper Voice) Skarmory is of course the most extreme example, and is worth noting as one of Metagamiate's top walls -Thunderbolt has a shot of OHKOing, Focus Miss does not.
My main point was that Hyper Voice has 2 different typings at different points in the game, freeing you up to run more coverage. If you want to run Thunderbolt, then you can, and you could even run both (for example, a set of Hyper Voice/Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power or Healing Wish). Besides, Focus Blast hits Dark types when you are in base form, so you can hit them when you are in base form if you don't want to Mega evolve yet.

Running mega gardevoir just for this is really gimmicky imo. It also takes away the possibility of using other megas like megamedicham with double edge who are a lot more powerfull. Not worth it.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Running mega gardevoir just for this is really gimmicky imo. It also takes away the possibility of using other megas like megamedicham with double edge who are a lot more powerfull. Not worth it.
I did say there were probably better options for Megas, but that this could be a cool set to take people by surprise, and it can offer good team support through the ability to run a Hidden Power to hit a threat to your team without sacrificing any other coverage, as well as Healing Wish support to one of your teammates.

LightningLord2 I think Flariate or Conflagrate would be better, to be honest.
Trogdor the burninator bro. Come on. (It was a reference)

Also, I meant to ask, since flash fire is released for typhlosion, this affects pyrate fire type moves, correct? Considering the way gems work, I assume this would be the case, but I want to clarify.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Trogdor the burninator bro. Come on. (It was a reference)

Also, I meant to ask, since flash fire is released for typhlosion, this affects pyrate fire type moves, correct? Considering the way gems work, I assume this would be the case, but I want to clarify.
Flash Fire would absorb Pyrate moves due to them being fire-type upon contact, yes

Pikachuun

Pikachuun, you really ought to update the code in the OP to reflect the Dragonite ban. And any other changes that have been made, for that matter.
Isn't the dnite ban the only thing that changed since the original code was uploaded, or am I forgetting something? Anyways, updated with the dnite ban.

Isn't the dnite ban the only thing that changed since the original code was uploaded, or am I forgetting something? Anyways, updated with the dnite ban.
I don't remember anything else and can't be bothered to go digging through 16 pages of posts to find anything, but it's been ages. I remembered Dragonite mostly because you updated the thread title, but not the OP.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've come up with new versions of some of the names 'cause wynaut ;P

Inflictiate (Poison)
Tremorate (Ground)
Minerate (Rock)
Intellectuate (Psychic)
Wyvernate (Dragon)

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Megagross with a strong 198 power Steel type return (plus STAB) with tough claws boost? Welp. Send out the Pyrate pokemon!

Let's see...
Assimilate-Normal
Altercate-Fighting
Intoxicate-Poison
Firmate-Ground
Petrificate-Rock
Verminate-Bug
Apparate-Ghost
Galvanate-Steel
Cremate-Fire
Saturate-Water
Perenniate-Grass
Radiate-Electric
Divinate-Psychic
Drakate-Dragon
Desolate-Dark

What came to mind for names on my end.

I've come up with new versions of some of the names 'cause wynaut ;P

Inflictiate (Poison)
Tremorate (Ground)
Minerate (Rock)
Intellectuate (Psychic)
Wyvernate (Dragon)
Let's see...
Assimilate-Normal
Altercate-Fighting
Intoxicate-Poison
Firmate-Ground
Petrificate-Rock
Verminate-Bug
Apparate-Ghost
Galvanate-Steel
Cremate-Fire
Saturate-Water
Perenniate-Grass
Radiate-Electric
Divinate-Psychic
Drakate-Dragon
Desolate-Dark

What came to mind for names on my end.
It's been more than a year since this metagame was posted, so, I'm sorry, but I'm 100% sure the names have been already decided and won't change.

Last edited:

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Sad to see this meta no be voted again it is an amazing meta that allows from so much creativity.
FIRE=420ATE RITE!?!?

Anyways the newest breed of megas have arrived and I feel thatthe most threatening one being mega metagroas due to its amazing offensive capabilities amazing speed and superior bulk plus access to tough claws makes it a new threat which is capable of bringing serious hurt to most walls

Yeah, metagross is basically the closest thing to an uber in the meta; it barely managed to stay in OU. It's basically one of the strongest offensive threats in OU, and it's reliant on inconsistent, weaker STAB. So now let's give it stronger, more accurate STAB and let's see what happens. It has so much power. Ate-abilities basically grant adaptability on one of their types, plus metagross has tough claws. So it basically has steel type return w/ 259 base power. Not to mention it is really fast.

That reminds me of something- this is obviously totally theorymoning, but imagine mega luc in this meta. It would have no reason to run bullet punch when it would have 208 BP fighting Espeed. It would open up its move slots a lot and it would basically just be clicking Espeed, so it would honestly probably rather run adamant to make up for the slight decrease in power from CC. That'd be fun.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, metagross is basically the closest thing to an uber in the meta; it barely managed to stay in OU. It's basically one of the strongest offensive threats in OU, and it's reliant on inconsistent, weaker STAB. So now let's give it stronger, more accurate STAB and let's see what happens. It has so much power. Ate-abilities basically grant adaptability on one of their types, plus metagross has tough claws. So it basically has steel type return w/ 259 base power. Not to mention it is really fast.

That reminds me of something- this is obviously totally theorymoning, but imagine mega luc in this meta. It would have no reason to run bullet punch when it would have 208 BP fighting Espeed. It would open up its move slots a lot and it would basically just be clicking Espeed, so it would honestly probably rather run adamant to make up for the slight decrease in power from CC. That'd be fun.
But it doesn't have A good physical steel STAB.

Pikachuun

But it doesn't have A good physical steel STAB.
Well it gets it with its corresponding -ate...

Mega-Meta may be exceptionally strong for this meta, who knows? Since there are a brazillion types that it resists, it may be a bit too good, especially with its decent speed tier and far more powerful stab returns. It's definitely something to keep an eye on, and will probably be suspect if I ever decide to host a suspect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)