Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

I'm not completely knowledgeable of breeding mechanics, but I'm breeding a Snorlax. Munchlax learns Stockpile, but it isn't listed as an egg move. Will I have to breed Munchlax(e)s or can I breed just one and get stockpile to pass onto Snorlax(e)s?

I'm not completely knowledgeable of breeding mechanics, but I'm breeding a Snorlax. Munchlax learns Stockpile, but it isn't listed as an egg move. Will I have to breed Munchlax(e)s or can I breed just one and get stockpile to pass onto Snorlax(e)s?
You can't actually breed two Munchlax together, as they're baby Pokemon and can't breed to begin with. You'll have to work with two Snorlax. If both the parent Snorlax have Stockpile as a move, it will automatically be passed down and you can just hatch for Snorlaxes, and they will have Stockpile. If only one or neither of your Snorlax have Stockpile, then unfortunately you will have to have the specific incense and hatch for Munchlax, level it up to 28 so it can learn Stockpile, and then evolve it to a Snorlax.

When I was editing my privacy settings, I stumbled upon the option of who could receive my news feed. How does this work?
How do I do this for other users? Is it completely irrelevant?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

What exactly do people mean by: "best ball for x mon?"

I know they're referring to a certain Poké Ball, but how is there a 'best' ball? I mean, it's not like certain Poké Balls make a Pokémon better stat wise. I suppose they're looking for an esthetically good looking combination between Pokémon and Poké Ball, but come on.. Don't people have an own opinion?

What exactly do people mean by: "best ball for x mon?"

I know they're referring to a certain Poké Ball, but how is there a 'best' ball? I mean, it's not like certain Poké Balls make a Pokémon better stat wise. I suppose they're looking for an esthetically good looking combination between Pokémon and Poké Ball, but come on.. Don't people have an own opinion?
What, people can't ask for other people's opinion?

What, people can't ask for other people's opinion?
Yeah they sure can. But there's no such thing as a 'best' ball. It's ALL personal preference. It's like people say: "Oh, everyone likes Pikachu in a Great Ball, so I must have mine in a Great Ball too."

Yeah they sure can. But there's no such thing as a 'best' ball. It's ALL personal preference. It's like people say: "Oh, everyone likes Pikachu in a Great Ball, so I must have mine in a Great Ball too."
They just mean 'What do you guys think looks good on this Pokemon?' Having Pokemon in matching Pokeballs looks nice and sometimes people want help on deciding what Pokeball to choose. It's not 'everyone likes Pikachu in a Love Ball, therefore I must do it', it's 'I can't decide what Pokeball Pikachu looks nice in - oh, you guys think it's Love Ball? Hey, that does look good, thanks!'

Edit: I have no idea what your beef is against people asking for their friends' opinions, but alright ...

Last edited:
They just mean 'What do you guys think looks good on this Pokemon?' Having Pokemon in matching Pokeballs looks nice and sometimes people want help on deciding what Pokeball to choose. It's not 'everyone likes Pikachu in a Love Ball, therefore I must do it', it's 'I can't decide what Pokeball Pikachu looks nice in - oh, you guys think it's Love Ball? Hey, that does look good, thanks!'
I just think it's a pity that people 'follow trends' while Pokémon is a good medium/way to express yourself. I mean, in the end it all comes down to whether you like the appearance of your mons or not. But I get you, thanks for clarifying :)

in Bw2 my magnezone learned mirror shot (way before magnezone either at magnemite or mangeton) and in the simulator it says magnezone cannot learn this or its impossible or something Help?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
in Bw2 my magnezone learned mirror shot (way before magnezone either at magnemite or mangeton) and in the simulator it says magnezone cannot learn this or its impossible or something Help?
Magnezone can learn Mirror Shot. Do you perhaps have a screenshot to show the error or where it says it cant learn?

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Did you find the error yet or whatever and clues to help me?
I've tried using Magnezone with Mirror Shot in multiple tiers (including BW) and they're all working for me. You can try deleting the set and re-adding it, or the entire team if that doesn't work.

Hey I hope it's okay to post this here but looking to start up competitive battling and just kinda looking for some guidance as to what the first step is and where I should start?

Why am I unable to post reply in Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Six thread at Battling 101 section? Do I need to reach certain post counts or contribute more?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey I hope it's okay to post this here but looking to start up competitive battling and just kinda looking for some guidance as to what the first step is and where I should start?
When i started competitive, I started with the Random Battles format on Pokemon Showdown to get used to pokemon sets and the basics. Pick a metagame/tier you're interested in, find teams from the RMT forums (some tier forums have some sample teams for new users to try out too!) and practice!

Why am I unable to post reply in Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Six thread at Battling 101 section? Do I need to reach certain post counts or contribute more?
The sign ups ended, i believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)