Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Thundurus-I can Para both and bop them with Thunderbolt, and AV Torn-T can take a hit from Gengar and kill it. Scarf Keldeo outspeeds +1 Mega Gyarados and resists both of its STABs and Ice Fang.

p2

Banned deucer.
What are good answers for Mega Gyarados and Gengar on Offense?
Scarf Keldeo with HP Electric.

HP Electric is for easing mindgames with non-mega Gyarados + hitting a bunch of water / flying types, while Hydro Pump can OHKO Gengar after rocks, but it can't switch into Gengar very well.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Gyarados: Keldeo, Azumarill, Mega Altaria, Hydreigon, Thundurus, Klefki, Mega Scizor, Scarf Kyurem-B and Mega Manectric are some good checks / revengekillers.
Gengar: Scarf Tyranitar, Banded Scizor, AV Tornadus-T and Bisharp work as solid checks / trappers. There are also some good revengekillers like Mega Lopunny and Mega Alakazam

Is heracross still viable as a wall breaker?
EDIT:sorry I meant mega heracross
Of course. It certainly took a hit with new faster threats that threaten it like Diancie and Metagross, not to mention the increased opportunity cost as a wallbreaker, but it's still a very good threat that few people actually prefer for. If it fits on your team, go for it.

edit: namechange to celticninja imo

So i want to try a team with SubSeed Serperior.
SubSeed Serperior does not run dragon pulse so it can't break past Lati@s,Kyurem-B and Hydreigon.
I added Scarf T-tar as it can pursuit trap Lati@s and revenge kill all four of the mentioned threats while being able to check Talonflame at the same time As well as being able to hit Heatran with Superpower and revenge killing Bisharp. In return Serperior can beat the Bulky water and ground types t-tar struggles with.

My main concern is that Serperior loses a quarter of it's health when using substitute. This and the fact t-tar summons sand which chips away at serperior.

Does leftovers+Leech seed circumvent sandstorm+Substitute damage?
And if not should i scrap t-tar and run serp's aoa set?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
So i want to try a team with SubSeed Serperior.
SubSeed Serperior does not run dragon pulse so it can't break past Lati@s,Kyurem-B and Hydreigon.
I added Scarf T-tar as it can pursuit trap Lati@s and revenge kill all four of the mentioned threats while being able to check Talonflame at the same time As well as being able to hit Heatran with Superpower and revenge killing Bisharp. In return Serperior can beat the Bulky water and ground types t-tar struggles with.

My main concern is that Serperior loses a quarter of it's health when using substitute. This and the fact t-tar summons sand which chips away at serperior.

Does leftovers+Leech seed circumvent sandstorm+Substitute damage?
And if not should i scrap t-tar and run serp's aoa set?
Leftovers cancels out the sand damage and then you get Leech Seed recovery (which will likely be more then 1/8 since Serp's HP is crap) so you should be fine (at the end of the turn after using Sub you should be at 100% again if they didn't break the sub on turn 1). Plus, sand isn't permanent. You are probably fine with SubSeed Serp and Tyranitar

Leftovers cancels out the sand damage and then you get Leech Seed recovery (which will likely be more then 1/8 since Serp's HP is crap) so you should be fine (at the end of the turn after using Sub you should be at 100% again if they didn't break the sub on turn 1). Plus, sand isn't permanent. You are probably fine with SubSeed Serp and Tyranitar
Alright,thanks.

SubSeed serp is a pretty underwhelming set for serperior and I'd run all out attacking serperior over subseed serperior any day of the week. It has pretty underwhelming bulk and it's typing isn't really that good for a defensive mon. Tyranitar + excadrill + aoa serperior is still a great core and you might want to give that a go.

What is currently the preferred nature for offensive Heatran? Timid or Modest, and for what reason/threat in particular? Gonna be SRing that soon on my AS, so want to know what Sync and Utility mons to bring.

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you're running Scarf, a Timid nature is preferred to outpace Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric. As Celticpride said, Timid is better given the rise in Jolly Mega Scizor.

Rock Slide Landorus is one that immediately comes to mind.
edit: If you mean like what lures can torn-t run, icy wind and iron tail are both nice to lure gliscor and diancice in.

Against it, I used rock slide Landorus in the past, but the rise of Icy Wind/HP Ice on his moveset is a bit troublesome.

Folks, do you have any Tornadus-Therian lures in mind?
96 Atk Mega Sceptile Rock Slide vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 156-184 (46.9 - 55.4%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO

Rock Slide Mega Sceptile with a little bit of attack investment (96 EVs is not specific to anything, just a ballpark idea), it also lures Talonflame.

Pretty sure I'm the only person who's every used Rock Slide Mega Scept.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Against it, I used rock slide Landorus in the past, but the rise of Icy Wind/HP Ice on his moveset is a bit troublesome.
Thunder Wave Latis, Knock Off Gengar, Glare Serperior, Chople TTar, Stun Spore Amoonguss, Toxic Skarmory, Mirror Coat Alomomola / Suicune, Colbur Berry Gengar with Thunderbolt, Rock Slide Landorus as previously mentioned. Idk this is just me spitballing if I were building it pretty positive everything that Torn-T threatens more or less can hinder it on the switch in so I would just consider whatever.

Those are very interesting takes, especially Sceptile and thunder wave lati@s, I struggled a bit teambuilding due to Tornadus' ability, speed, great sdef and access to u-turn but now I have new building ideas, thanks!

Standard moveset for normal metagross would probably be pursuit, meteor mash, bullet punch and then filler, the EV spread is 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Speed adamant idk what the EV spread does but I remember seeing it somewhere.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is the set that Ben Gay used on the one smogtour team I think:
Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Does OU (No Mega) count as it's own OM; and is it able to declare it's own bans, unbans and suspects separately from the normal OU?

Does OU (No Mega) count as it's own OM; and is it able to declare it's own bans, unbans and suspects separately from the normal OU?
I believe so as haunter mentioned in the OP of the No Mega Ladder Thread that No Megas was an "experimental tier" and mentioned the possibility of reintroducing Megas. I'm inferring that the ability to unban things means that things can be banned as well.
Basically, in this experimental tier, named "OU (no Mega)", we're going to test the effects of mega evolutions on the metagame in order to address, among other things, the following issues:
1) bearing of mega evolutions on the match up component of the game;
2) restrictions on team building caused by mega evolutions;
3) level of diversity in a metagame without mega evolutions.

The OU (no Mega) ladder, which is being implemented as I type this post, will be open for playtesting for a few weeks. The tier will basically follow the standard OU banlist and rules, with the only exception that mega stones will have no effects. After we get a stable metagame, and according to the level of interest (or lack thereof) it creates in the playerbase, we might start to progressively introduce the mega evolutions that we, as a community, perceive as balanced for the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)