Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has a spare Eevee with the hidden ability they would be willing to trade my FC is 3711-8296-0521, please let me know!

I also thought I would post a fun team I have been using, I'm at 100 wins in super doubles:

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtt/252 Speed
Moveset: Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Extrasensory

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Att/252 Speed
Moveset: Fake Out/Fake Tears/Encore/Protect

Mega Kangaskhan
Ability: scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Speed
Moveset: Fake Out/Power-Up Punch/Return/Sucker Punch

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 100 HP/252 SAtt/156 Speed
Moveset: Dazzling Gleam/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Flamethrower

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I can't remember the exact number but I'm at around 135 in Super Doubles in my Y cart. Unfortunately this one doesn't count because I've used a bunch of different teams. I can't remember all of them, but I'll list the ones I remember below.

=== SCARFY ===

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Telepathy (note: optimize this with Trace)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat

=== MOLA ===

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 164 HP / 12 Atk / 76 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Wide Guard
- Mirror Coat
- Healing Wish

=== MEGABUS ===

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Volcarona @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Rage Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Heat Wave

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Snarl
- Overheat

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Before these I used a couple teams with Drizzle Toed and I think that's about it

The first is just attacking, the second is "spam setup" with Talon and Healing Wish Alomomola for emergencies, and the latter is the Pokemon version of the killer rabbit from Monty Python because holy shit you guys the Maison can't play against Azumarill + Volcarona

I'm working on a OR run with the last team, I'll explain it a bit more in depth if I get a nice streak going! (Right now that's an unimpressive 15.)

Hey guys. I need to teach my gardevoir Hyper voice and I dont have the move tutor available currently(Dont have AS with me) so I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind wasting the next 5 minutes of their lives to trade with me so Hyper voice can be taught. I offer in return any non-shiny non-legendary flawless pokemon excluding a few Hidden ability one
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has a spare Eevee with the hidden ability they would be willing to trade my FC is 3711-8296-0521, please let me know!
Just letting you guys know that you should post trading requests in the Wifi forum. Requests like these go in the Simple Questions and Answers thread.

I also thought I would post a fun team I have been using, I'm at 100 wins in super doubles:

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtt/252 Speed
Moveset: Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Extrasensory

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Att/252 Speed
Moveset: Fake Out/Fake Tears/Encore/Protect

Mega Kangaskhan
Ability: scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Speed
Moveset: Fake Out/Power-Up Punch/Return/Sucker Punch

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 100 HP/252 SAtt/156 Speed
Moveset: Dazzling Gleam/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Flamethrower
Sure I'll trade you one. In return I'd like you to teach my ralts Hyper voice. If you can't it's okay, I'll still trade you! My FC is 1907-7999-3051

My best recent ORAS maison streak was cut short at 52 wins. My team was Lando-T, Latias (mega), and Bisharp. Bisharp got burned then died, and the opponent sent out an Umbreon that started spamming curse and moonlight. Lando couldn't break it, and Latias failed to do very much with draco meteor.

I've been thinking up a new team, not gonna do it right now ,but it sounds decent.

Liepard@Focus sash
Jolly
Prankster
Yawn
Encore
Taunt
Knock off
4HP\252Atk\252Spe
My idea was to set up yawn, giving durant 1 turn(minimum) to set up entrainment. A good way to do this is to yawn first turn, if they attack they'll attack again most likely so let liepard faint and send in durant in which the opponent will be asleep. If the opponent uses a status category move, then just switch to durant, unless they OHKO durant too then you have to think up something else.

Durant@Choice scarf
Jolly
Truant
Same
As
Vaporeonice's
Set

Drapion@Black Sludge
Adamant
Battle armor
Knock off
Protect
Accupressure
Substitute

I've been thinking up a new team, not gonna do it right now ,but it sounds decent.

Liepard@Focus sash
Jolly
Prankster
Yawn
Encore
Taunt
Knock off
4HP\252Atk\252Spe
My idea was to set up yawn, giving durant 1 turn(minimum) to set up entrainment. A good way to do this is to yawn first turn, if they attack they'll attack again most likely so let liepard faint and send in durant in which the opponent will be asleep. If the opponent uses a status category move, then just switch to durant, unless they OHKO durant too then you have to think up something else.

Durant@Choice scarf
Jolly
Truant
Same
As
Vaporeonice's
Set

Drapion@Black Sludge
Adamant
Battle armor
Knock off
Protect
Accupressure
Substitute
Obviously, any team with Durant supporter + Durant + Drapion is going to be extremely good (relative to most "conventional" teams) simply by virtue of how good Drapion is. So the question isn't "Is this team good?" as the answer to that is obviously yes. So the only point of discussion here is strengths and weaknesses of Liepard when compared to Whimsicott.

From the situations that immediately come to mind, Liepard seems almost as good as Whimsicott. Its first weak point that comes to mind is Roller Skaters who lead with Yanmega (without Frisk). Liepard actually does better against Yanmega 4 than Whimsicott; Yawn guarantees that Yanmega will 2HKO Liepard and will be sleeping on the Entrainment turn. The problem is Yanmega 3, who runs Lum Berry. Whimsicott ran the same strategy for both Yanmega sets (immediately switch to Durant to use Entrainment; if Durant faints to a crit, bring in Whimsicott to use Memento and set up Drapion without Truant), but because you don't have Memento, you can't afford to do that. If you switch to Durant and get hit by a crit Air Slash (which has happened to me twice), you lose, period. But if you're facing Speed Boost Yanmega 3, it will wake up from Yawn thanks to Lum Berry, then can outspeed and flinch/crit Durant with Air Slash. If a Roller Skater sends out a lead Yanmega without Frisk, you have a 1/16 chance of a loss by immediately switching to Durant (the odds of a crit). The other possible move is using Yawn on turn 1 and Taunt on turn 2, which gives a ~35% chance of a loss against Speed Boost Yanmega 3 (the odds of it flinching or getting a crit with Air Slash against Durant) and a 0% chance of a loss against any other Yanmega. 1/4 x 35% is higher than 1/16, so technically, your best odds are just switching to Durant immediately against a non-Frisk lead Yanmega used by a Roller Skater.

Breloom 4 leads also make me really nervous with this team. My team relies on Whimsicott's ability to tank Focus Punches to beat it; obviously, if you hit it with Entrainment, it will faint to Toxic Orb before you can set up. It might be baited into using Focus Punch on turn 1 by Liepard's Fighting weakness, meaning you could hit it with Knock Off to remove the Toxic Orb threat (and render it completely useless thanks to Focus Punch failing). But then you risk an Effect Spore paralysis/sleep (which my team admittedly risks as well by using Aerial Ace to beat it, but at least I have Memento as a back-up plan), and if it does use Protect on the first turn, you're in a pretty bad spot.

Medicham 4 and Mienshao 4 seem problematic. Mienshao usually uses Fake Out on turn 1 against Whimsicott, but occasionally uses High Jump Kick. If it uses Encore, I have to switch to Durant, risking a OHKO from a crit if it has the Reckless ability. But I'm pretty sure it will ALWAYS use HJK against Liepard, meaning you have to knock Liepard down to its Sash and give up most of Durant and Drapion's health just to take it out with all three team members alive. Even worse, Medicham will probably use HJK instead of Fake Out against Liepard (which it never does against Whimsicott), which will OHKO Durant, preventing you from setting Drapion fully.

I don't like that Knock Off is a contact move, because it makes you somewhat more vulnerable against Zapdos 2. Specifically, you might use Taunt on turn 1, Knock Off on turn 2 (to remove Bright Powder) and get paralyzed, then get hit by full paralysis for a few turns while it misses with its attacks and sets up Double Team on a turn while you're still fully paralyzed. Admittedly, that's probably less likely than me missing with Taunt on turn 1 with Whimsicott while it sets up Double Team, which I think has only happened once and fortunately didn't result in a loss.

The lack of Memento is somewhat annoying against Volcarona 4, since it can OHKO Drapion with Bug Buzz at +2 but has only used Bug Buzz against it once (in my 1175 loss). But to avoid that, you need to Protect every other turn after it gets to +2, which slightly reduce

In general, Liepard is slightly more likely to faint in the first two turns than Whimsicott is. This reduces your opportunities for switching Drapion out against an opponent whose second Pokemon might have Flame Body; if Drapion is burned by Flame Body, it's unlikely to beat Umbreon 4, Scrafty 4, some of the musketeer sets (Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion), and some of the Suicune sets. I have switched Drapion out against a second-mon Heatran and some other second-mon Fire-types used by Punk Guys/Punk Girls, but the whole "Flame Body burn + third Pokemon Dark-type" situation is admittedly really rare.

So that's my comprehensive analysis of Whimsicott vs. Liepard. IMO, Medicham is the biggest problem, though it will most often appear on Hex Maniac/Psychic teams, who you can usually beat with just a few turns of Acupressure set-up (and you can safely set up Entrainment, you just can't stop it from killing itself with HJK). Breloom seems like the #2 threat, though the AI is pretty stupid with Focus Punch, so it may not be a problem at all. The Yanmega issue is one that will rarely come up (only a 1 out of 6 chance for every lead Yanmega used by a Roller Skater), but if it does, you have about a 35% chance of losing on the spot. I consider Liepard slightly less reliable against weird early turn stuff (e.g. leads that use Explosion with a back-up that uses Protect) because of its reduced bulk, and while that sort of thing happens more than you think it would, it's still pretty rare.

EDIT: I forgot about lead Scrafty 4. Whimsicott can use Switcheroo to steal its Leftovers and force it use up its Drain Punch PP with Taunt+Ecore, meaning Drapion doesn't have to worry about Scrafty regaining health while it 12HKOs or whatever. Liepard can't afford to do that. It probably doesn't matter (Scrafty will probably miss with Drain Punch or use up its PP before you start attacking anyway), but it's notable as a potential problem.

Last edited:
I can change liepards knock off to trick if that helps against scrafty to remove lefties

Vaporeonice, do you by any chance have a couple of videos of lead threats you mentioned(Mainly mienshao and medicham) I just want to check what they do against liepard, mainly to check if Mienshao, Medicham(use HJK over fake out), Breloom(Focus punch over protect), Yanmega(Detect) and so on. And yeah thinking, trick on liepard woudnt help on scrafty, but might help against cotton spore, Static, Flame body etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of those will try to KO Liepard. You already have 10 of 12 moves in common with the #1 team and got an explanation of how those two moves (moves Liepard will use in maybe 1 percent of battles) will differ, so there's really nothing left to do but to try it yourself.

Once you have Prankster Taunt to get rid of Protect and either Trick or Knock Off to get rid of evasion items, the difference between Whimsicott and anything else with those moves comes down to:

1. Skuntank will always use Poison Jab against Whimsicott, giving you a free switch to Durant (while occasionally going for a first-turn 1 Fire Blast against even a level 1 Sableye that would be KOed by any other move). That allows you to keep the Sash lead for later if Skuntank explodes too soon against Drapion.

2. If you optimize your switching and Encore usage, Whimsicott's typing and higher defensive stats will make some battles quicker because it can more efficiently PP stall Curse/Bulk Up leads like Gyarados, Hippowdon, Swampert, Scrafty, and Registeel, but even then just using Protect on Durant would yield the same end result. Failing that, Drapion will still be able to set up all the way if Evasion and Defense boosts work out, and even as a plan C, it will still win the vast majority of the time if it only gets 12 Acupressure boosts.

Last edited:
In my understanding, Liepard will bait alot more pokemon into attacking first turn then whimsicott will because of it's lower defenses meaning that it is potentially useful mainly for yawn, as since pretty much anything OHKO's liepard you can almost guarentee the sleep turn. So if I just make a list of things that cant OHKO Liepard, have insomnia, vital spirit, early bird, Toxic, flame orb pokemon, and HJK and explosion leads and think up counters for them then it should work. Like against breloom, first turn stupid focus punch allows me to take away its orb and since durant is ev'd to survive a crit focus punch from breloom, I'll get entrainment off no matter what and be able to get Drapion fully set up. And against Medicham, I can set up yawn immediatly since it will be baited into HJK first turn rather then Fake Out, then set up entrainment let it kill itself against Drapions protects, the switch to liepard letting it either die or be status etc. and if it didnt die right away, just let it sit there til the AI KOs it. Set up entrainment. Vaporeonice listed it as the #1 threat for this team but it doesnt sound like it would as much of a pain in the ass as he made it sound like.

Anyway, it sounds like if you wanna make a decent streak with this team you have to use Liepards typing and defenses to your advantage.

In my understanding, Liepard will bait alot more pokemon into attacking first turn then whimsicott will because of it's lower defenses meaning that it is potentially useful mainly for yawn, as since pretty much anything OHKO's liepard you can almost guarentee the sleep turn. So if I just make a list of things that cant OHKO Liepard, have insomnia, vital spirit, early bird, Toxic, flame orb pokemon, and HJK and explosion leads and think up counters for them then it should work. Like against breloom, first turn stupid focus punch allows me to take away its orb and since durant is ev'd to survive a crit focus punch from breloom, I'll get entrainment off no matter what and be able to get Drapion fully set up. And against Medicham, I can set up yawn immediatly since it will be baited into HJK first turn rather then Fake Out, then set up entrainment let it kill itself against Drapions protects, the switch to liepard letting it either die or be status etc. and if it didnt die right away, just let it sit there til the AI KOs it. Set up entrainment. Vaporeonice listed it as the #1 threat for this team but it doesnt sound like it would as much of a pain in the ass as he made it sound like.

Anyway, it sounds like if you wanna make a decent streak with this team you have to use Liepards typing and defenses to your advantage.
How is Liepard staying alive against Medicham? The battle would go like this:

Turn 1: Liepard uses Yawn, Medicham uses HJK (Medicham's at 90%)
Turn 2: Liepard uses whatever, Medicham uses HJK, Liepard faints (OR: Switch to Durant, Medicham OHKO's Durant with HJK)
Turn 3: Durant uses Entrainment, Medicham sleeps
Turn 4: Switch to Drapion, Medicham loafs
Turn 5: Drapion Protects, Medicham (likely) wakes up, uses HJK and loses half its health

Then the number of turns you have to set up is limited, and if you don't get a Speed boost and the opponent is a Battle Girl/Black Belt (who will commonly run Medicham), you're at a significant risk of them sending out a Fire-type, meaning you'd be unable to switch back to Durant.

If you switch to Drapion while Medicham is sleeping, you run the risk of it getting a one-turn sleep and OHKOing Drapion with HJK.

Vital Spirit, Insomnia, and Early Bird aren't threats. Magmortar will probably be baited into using Overheat against Durant; Electivire sucks; Honchkrow can't stop Entrainment anyway; Gourgeist will eventually KO Liepard and can't stop Entrainment; Shiftry could technically block you with Protect, but in practice is a total idiot about using Sucker Punch and likely won't use Low Kick to actually take out Durant either way; you can just Taunt Kangaskhan and/or Encore it into Fake Out or Return; you don't even need Entrainment to beat Houndoom.

There aren't "counters" to Explosion; there are only ways to maximize your odds of setting up Entrainment after they KO themselves. Carbink4 is relatively easy, as it will be baited into using Moonblast on turn 1, meaning you can switch to Durant and set up Entrainment without Durant fainting unless Carbink gets crits with both Moonblast and Power Gem. Then you'd be able to set up Entrainment again, so long as the second Pokemon doesn't have either Substitute, a priority move that can KO the weakened Durant, or a move that can paralyze/freeze Liepard + Protect/Detect to block Entrainment. Most Explosion users are like that; you'll want to switch directly to Durant, who is bulky enough to take the two hits, and then Liepard will be alive and unharmed, allowing you to bring in Durant again. Skuntank4 is an exception, because it can and will randomly use Fire Blast to OHKO Durant. Cryogonal4 is another exception, because it can freeze with Blizzard, but it might use Icy Wind (which you can Encore) or Hail (which you can also Encore). Lickilicky4 can paralyze with Body Slam, so you need to use Trick and let it KO Liepard (hopefully not with Explosion, though I'll admit it's relatively likely to do so). Exeggutor4 might use Wood Hammer instead of using Trick Room if it can OHKO Liepard, and its Lum Berry means you'd need to Encore the attack. If it does attack, Liepard will faint, Exeggutor will set up Trick Room against Drapion, then it will KO itself with Explosion, meaning you'd have to stall out the Trick Room before attempting to bring in Durant again. Forretress4 can be forced to Explode on turn 2 with Taunt.

That should be pretty much everything you need to know.

I lost my Dragonite/Aegislash/MKhan streak that I posted a shot of 100 wins on the last page at battle 131, for a streak of 130. Can't remember the exact playout of the battle (my DS is upstairs and if I go get it I'll be tempted to start playing again but I can't because I've already put off studying for my music history final enough out of addiction to this damn game) but I do remember it ended up with last poke Kangaskhan against a last poke Unfezant. I hit it with Sucker Punch but it doesn't KO, leaving Unfezant in the red, as Unfezant uses Fly which I am unable to do anything about and hits me... but doesn't kill! So I hit Sucker Punch again like "whatever man nothing can stop me now"

except Brightpowder

Then after angrily running the team back up immediately, I lost at around 70 to the Leech Seed stall Torterra (I don't actually know if I lost though because I shut off the game knowing I wouldn't be able to win and not wanting the battle to actually finish) and then decided, nope, my 200 win attempt is going to cheese the game as much as possible, and then I promptly spent the whole day, continuing into orchestra rehearsal that night, obsessively breeding myself the Durant/Cloyster/Drapion team that GG Unit posted at length about earlier in this same thread. After losing somewhere around 115 to a misplay against Detect Yanmega, I'm now back at 100 wins and hoping to God I don't get screwed over again. This team is not quick and I am leaving for Italy in less than two weeks so I'd prefer to get this done sooner rather than later.

I'm about to leave the house now though so I can't post pictures/videos/team info; besides I'd rather wait until I actually pass 200 to write up anything regarding the new team (if I even had anything new to add after the tons and tons of theorymon posts about Durant/Cloyster in general and then all the Acupressure Drapion information that dates back as far as the Platinum/HGSS Frontier records thread!). I might post a picture proving the lost Dragonite/Aegislash/MKhan streak and the battle video if I happen to have saved it but obviously can't right now.

Posting an ongoing streak of 1,000 wins in Super Triples with Greninja / Mega Blastoise / Talonflame / Garchomp / Scizor /

Rotom-W. The streak was in OR/AS, but the team can be used in X/Y as well.

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/UguJF

(I'll edit in Battle Videos and Pokemon images later.)

This team is mostly based on SimicCombine and turkskain's teams. I've wanted to get 1,000 wins in the Maison for ages, and

decided to use Mega Blastoise after considering other options like ErupTran and Hyper Voice Mega Salamence. I liked the

Blastoise teams at the top of the leaderboard, but felt that their non-Garchomp backups were sub-optimal. So, I ripped

Scizor and Rotom-W from turskain's teams and put them in the back. I realize that my team is only one off from

turkskain's, but it plays a lot differently due to the different Mega and leads.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Mat Block
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

The MVP of the team. Mat Block is absolutely broken in Super Triples, as it usually gives you a free turn on turn 1. After

it uses Mat Block, Greninja is still a great attacker due to Protean. Dark Pulse is a cross-field move, and allows

Greninja to take Psychic attacks aimed at it after it uses Mat Block. Ice Beam provides excellent coverage and strikes the

Grass- and Dragon-types that resist Blastoise's Water Spout, while Grass Knot takes down bulky waters. A Focus Sash

prevents Greninja from getting OHKOed by Pokemon that are faster than it, such as Manectric4.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish -> Mega Launcher
Modest, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Water Spout
-Aura Sphere
-Ice Beam
-Protect

The hard-hitter of the team. Water Spout is a nuke, similar to pre-Gen 5 Explosion; it's not as useful as Explosion, but

Blastoise can also spam the move multiple times since it doesn't faint after using it. Thanks to Greninja, Blastoise can

safely Mega Evolve and usually fire off a full-powered Water Spout on turn 1. Aura Sphere destroys Bastiodon4, which can

block Water Spout with Wide Guard, and also hits evasive Pokemon such as Walrein4, Lickilicky4, and Absol4. Ice Beam hits

Grass and Dragon-types, while Protect is the standard last move for Triples.

I gave Blastoise a basic 252/252/4 spread since I was lazy, but it turned out to be for the best. Blastoise just barely

outruns the entire Maison after a Tailwind (sans Aerodactyl1, which I don't think shows up after battle 40). I could cut

its Special Attack, but Blastoise already has good bulk.

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant, 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Protect

Talonflame is my last lead. On turn 1, it usually sets up Tailwind, then Brave Birds everything in sight. Flare Blitz is

mostly a filler move, but comes in handy against Pokemon like Regice and Magnezone4. Since Talonflame mostly uses priority

moves, I gave it a bulky spread, which really helped out during the streak. I used Taunt over Flare Blitz for a little

while, but dropped it since I found I was never using it.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance
-Protect

Since I have three Electric-weak leads, Garchomp is an excellent backup. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are its bread and

butter, while Swords Dance is a filler move that allows it to safely boost its Attack from either side when the opponent's

down to one Pokemon. I gave it a Life Orb to help it secure KOs against Pokemon like Lanturn4 and Hydreigon.

Side Note: This Garchomp has all 24 non-event Ribbons that can be obtained in Gen 6, and helped me win several real-life

tournies. :)

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant, 252 HP / 164 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpDef / 44 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Knock Off

As I said, I ripped this straight from turkskain's team. I needed a strong Steel-type due to their slew of resistances,

and Scizor was the perfect choice. It can pick off foes with Bullet Punch, or destroy Grass-types or Cresselia with U-

turn. Superpower is a niche move, but helps against Blissey, Snorlax, Walrein, and Bastiodon. I replaced Quick Attack with

Knock Off to help against the dreaded Trick Room, but I barely used it. Since my Rotom-W lacks Discharge, the Special

Defense EVs would be better off elsewhere, but I never bothered changing the EV spread. Scizor was probably my least

useful Pokemon, but it was still a valuable member of the team.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Modest, 172 HP / 120 SAtk / 216 Spe, 30 SpA/Spe IVs
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Water
-Volt Switch
-Dark Pulse

Specs Rotom-W rounds out the roster. STAB Specs Thunderbolt was a big help, since it took down bulky Waters that resisted

Water Spout. HP Water came in handy against a few Workers, but I didn't use it nearly as much as Thunderbolt. Volt Switch

allows it to scout and make a getaway, although it wasn't nearly as useful as on turkskain's team since it was a backup.

Dark Pulse is a filler move meant to help against the Ghost- and Psychic-types that make up Trick Room teams. It rarely

helped, and I should have used Signal Beam or even Trick instead.

Quick How-To:
The typical Turn 1 play is Mat Block + Water Spout + Tailwind. After that, I finish off the opposing leads and safely pick

off the other Pokemon one-by-one. Obviously, there are some variations; for instance, I may choose to Brave Bird instead,

or even have Greninja forego Mat Block if I'm worried about an opposing Trick Room user. However, the team is really

straightforward and easy to use.

Genuine Threats:
-Trick Room: This move is the number one threat to the team. I have three fast Pokemon and only half of my Pokemon carry

Protect, so Trick Room can be really nasty. Fortunately, most of my team members are bulky, and Talonflame and Scizor

carry priority attacks. Plus, some Trick Room setters like Dusknoir4 and Cofagrigus3 lack offense. Still, Trick Room is a

huge threat, and you can actually lose with some sloppy play or hax. Surprise Trick Room setters are the worst - I had two

close battles in the 800+ range due to some surprise Trick Rooms. (For instance, a Veteran's Cresselia used Trick Room

when its partners were a Scarf Landorus and Rock Polish Registeel. Smart.)
-Zapdos2: This bird is an asshole. It carries BrightPowder, can increase its evasion further with Double Team, and heal

off any damage with Roost. It can boost its Special Attack with Charge Beam, which hits all of my leads super-effectively,

and absolutely destroys Scizor with Heat Wave. Finally, it can screw Garchomp over with Static or Heat Wave hax (like what

happened in turkskain's loss). I usually just pile on it and hope for the best.
-Lati@s1: The Latis carry Lax Incense, can boost their stats with Calm Mind, and heal off damage with Recover. They aren't

as threatening as Zapdos2, but can also be used by Ace Trainers. Again, I just pile on and hope for the best.
-Slowking4: The most threatening Trick Room user. It's hard to KO Slowking4 before it sets up Trick Room, and hits fairly

hard once Trick Room is actually up. Scizor and Rotom-W do well against it.

Other Concerns and Annoyances:
-Wide Guard: Bastiodon4, Mienshao4, and Regigigas4 all carry this move, rendering Water Spout and Earthquake useless. Fortunately, Blastoise's Aura Sphere destroys Bastiodon, whie Brave Bird OHKOs Mienshao. Unfortunately, I've had a couple of situations where the AI led with Bastiodon and a fast Pokemon like Manectric4, preventing me from Aura Sphering safely on turn 1.
-Manectric4, Electrode4, Jolteon4, Aerodactyl4: All of these Pokemon outspeed Greninja, and the first three can severely harm Blastoise with their Electric attacks. If you face one of these leads, just have Blastoise Protect and set up Tailwind with Talonflame. Talonflame will probably faint, but it's better than having a fainted or crippled Blastoise. If Aerodactyl4 is in the middle or right, you can probably gamble since it will likely go for Talonflame with Stone Edge.
-Blissey4: It has insane special bulk, and Minimize makes it even harder to kill. Scizor destroys it with Superpower, though you'll want to remove its Chople Berry with Blastoise's Aura Sphere first. Brave Bird 2HKOs it, so I usually have Talonflame forego Tailwind and Brave Bird Blissey if it leads.
-Snorlax4: It also has insane special bulk, and can actually harm my team unlike Blissey. Again, Scizor's Superpower takes care of it.
-Gyarados4: It's hard to kill with my leads, but it needs to Dragon Dance a couple of times to become a threat since it runs a bulky spread. Rotom-W is a hard counter.
-Lanturn4: It randomly absorbs water or electric attacks, and boosts up with Stockpile. Garchomp takes care of it, but you need to be careful since it's actually OHKOed by a +1 Ice Beam.
-Shiftry4: It carries a Focus Sash, has Fake Out and Sucker Punch, and resists Water moves. Don't be surprised if it gets off a Sucker Punch on Blastoise.
-Cradily4: Cradily can absorb water attacks with Storm Drain while boosting with Stockpile, making battles drag on longer than they should. Fortunately, I carry plenty of super-effective attacks (Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, Bullet Punch) to deal with it.
-Donphan4: This never screwed me over, but I've heard horror stories about it. It can easily maim or OHKO your Pokemon with Quick Claw attacks, and has Sturdy to add insult to injury. Fortunately, it's very easy to KO due to its pitiful Special Defense and Water weakness.
-Leafeon4: This is also a threatening Quick Claw user, since Leaf Blade screws over Blastoise and Talonflame only has a 62.5% chance of OHKOing Leafeon4 with Brave Bird. Fortunately, Leafeon4 only has a 7.5% chance of getting Leaf Blade off on Blastoise (20% chance Quick Claw will activate * 37.5% chance that Brave Bird won't OHKO).
-Slowbro4: Slowbro is a bulky Trick Room setter, and carries Blizzard for some multi-target freeze hax. Fortunately, Greninja's Grass Knot and a spread Water Spout barely OHKO in tandem.

Possible Replacements

Over the streak, I considered replacing some moves or even Pokemon on my team.
-Scizor -> Bisharp: This was the biggest change I considered. Since I struggled against Trick Room, I considered using Bisharp to combat TR. It carries a more powerful priority move than Scizor, can remove items with Knock Off, and can use Protect so that Garchomp can use Earthquake more freely. However, there are also a lot of downsides to using Bisharp. It has a worse defensive typing and lower defenses than Scizor, Sucker Punch is unreliable, and Grass-types would give me a slightly harder time without STAB U-turn. Plus, its two best items - Life Orb and Focus Sash - are already taken, so it would have to settle for a sub-par choice like Black Glasses. I ultimately stuck with Scizor since it was more consistent, but Bisharp would probably work as well.
-Taunt or Quick Guard -> Flare Blitz on Talonflame: Flare Blitz was Talonflame's least useful move, so I considered Taunt or Quick Guard. Taunt prevents annoying set-up Pokemon such as Lanturn, Cradily, and Blissey from setting up, while Quick Guard protects my team from Fake Out and other priority attacks. Ultimately, I found I never used Taunt and felt Quick Guard would be even less useful, so I stuck with Flare Blitz.
-Life Orb -> Sharp Beak on Talonflame: I considered giving Talonflame a Life Orb and giving Garchomp a Lum Berry to make up for Talonflame's underwhelming Attack. However, Talonflame sometimes sets up Tailwind and immediately faints, meaning the Life Orb would be wasted in those cases. Plus, it would be harder for Garchomp to KO Lanturn4 and Hydreigon without the Life Orb. So, I decided to stick with Sharp Beak.
-Crunch -> Swords Dance on Garchomp: Crunch helps out against the Ghost- and Psychic-types that populate Trick Room. I felt it would be too situational, so I stuck with Swords Dance.
-Signal Beam -> Dark Pulse on Rotom-W: To be honest, I was too lazy to make this change. If anyone uses this team, go ahead and stick Signal Beam over Dark Pulse so Rotom-W can occasionally take out a Grass-type.

I might continue this streak in the future, but I'm sick of the Maison at the moment. I applaud those that have the patience to get multiple 1000+ win streaks, since I was bored out of my mind by the 800s.

Also, we now have 10 Triples players with 1,000 wins! Who would've thought this day would come?

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to some very helpful guidance from The Dutch Plumberjack, I've been able to move an old post into the second post slot on this thread, and thus split the leaderboard between two consecutive posts, avoiding the maximum characters per post problem we were running into, and similarly avoiding the inferior fix of removing shorter streaks from the OP and linking the OP to a short streak annex way back here.

I've done some basic testing, and it appears the links to streaks have not been messed up by this transfer in of an additional post, but if you spot any errors or irregularities in the streak links, please let me know.

Naturally, I've also updated the streak lists through here, so please tell me if I've missed anything. Altissimo, if you do decide to edit proof in later, I'd be happy to add your 130 win team, though if as you suggest you'd prefer to hold off until you have a 200 win squad, that's fine too.

Best of luck with the streaks, everybody!

Thanks to some very helpful guidance from The Dutch Plumberjack, I've been able to move an old post into the second post slot on this thread, and thus split the leaderboard between two consecutive posts, avoiding the maximum characters per post problem we were running into, and similarly avoiding the inferior fix of removing shorter streaks from the OP and linking the OP to a short streak annex way back here.

I've done some basic testing, and it appears the links to streaks have not been messed up by this transfer in of an additional post, but if you spot any errors or irregularities in the streak links, please let me know.

Naturally, I've also updated the streak lists through here, so please tell me if I've missed anything. Altissimo, if you do decide to edit proof in later, I'd be happy to add your 130 win team, though if as you suggest you'd prefer to hold off until you have a 200 win squad, that's fine too.

Best of luck with the streaks, everybody!
The only thing that jumped out at me is that both myself and Magic are listed as #9 on the Triples rankings. Otherwise everything is peachy!

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The only thing that jumped out at me is that both myself and Magic are listed as #9 on the Triples rankings. Otherwise everything is peachy!
The co-ranking is intentional, as you both are currently at 1000 wins. For streaks of equal length, I give them each the same "place," but list the one posted first before the other. I then make sure to adjust the subsequent rankings accordingly, so after two ninth place streaks, the next streak is in eleventh place, not tenth. I've previously done the same for streaks in AI Multis, where there are a number of equal streaks.

NEVER MIND. Vaporeonice your right. For some reason, just for a few minutes, I had this ridiculous notion in my head that yawn made the opponent fall asleep on the BEGINNING of the second turn. Anyway, I'm officially not putting yanmega 3 on my threat list as(Correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the scenario would go like this:

Turn1: Liepard uses yawn, Yanmega uses air slash. Yanmega's speed rose
Turn2: Liepard used trick. Yanmega uses air slash. Liepard faints. Yanmega's speed rose. Yanmega fell asleep.
Turn3:Go, Durant. The opposing yanmega is fast asleep. Durant used entrainment.

And the rest is obvious. Just tricking away lum will solve it.

NoCheese , you can go ahead and put my 130 streak up there. I'm not sure I'd even want my inevitable 200 streak to go on the records board because it's just a complete copy of GG Unit 's team lol.

But here's the 130 picture:

I took it when I got back home earlier, and I mentioned before that I had 100 wins at the time using the TruAnt team, so that lines up. I did save the battle video of the loss (which is rife with misplays - I promise I'm not netting all these wins with sheer luck; while I usually play well, I do make really poor decisions at times and often suffer the results): QGMG-WWWW-WWXU-Q7TJ.

I say "at the time" with regards to the TruAnt team because I decided to play some more again this afternoon and ended up losing at 106. Enemy Floatzel killed Durant without letting it get off an Entrainment due to Protect, and I haven't really dealt with that situation before (I have faced enemy Protectors but they all allowed Entrainment at some point) so I kind of had no idea what to do and made some poor decisions. I didn't save the video though because I was mad at myself and it's full of a shitton of misplays too probably. I suppose I could have used it for the sake of mock battles (what do you do when you fail to get Entrainment off?? Cloyster can't survive enough attacks to get up the needed Shell Smashes against a Floatzel and I dunno that Drapion could deal with it well enough apart from stalling out Waterfall but...) but when I'm pissed off like I was I don't consider these things and just want to forget it happened.

But whatever it was, something about this loss flipped the switch that has been leading me to obsessively, feverishly play the Maison with every iota of free time I have and neglect my studies because of it, and now I don't care anymore. It can wait. And I 100% mean it this time. I'm going to start again this weekend (even though I have my Italian final, my last final, on Monday because whatever, I'm one of the two best students in the class) and hope I can resolve 200 wins by the following weekend, when I leave for Italy proper.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
remember how I said Maison Super Doubles can't handle Azumarill + Volcarona

as it turns out it can, double Rock Slide + Quick Attack Flygon lead got me down 2-3 in the first two turns (after inevitable missing the second Rock Slide against Volcarona)

still won though, Hydreigon is a god

NEVER MIND. Vaporeonice your right. For some reason, just for a few minutes, I had this ridiculous notion in my head that yawn made the opponent fall asleep on the BEGINNING of the second turn. Anyway, I'm officially not putting yanmega 3 on my threat list as(Correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the scenario would go like this:

Turn1: Liepard uses yawn, Yanmega uses air slash. Yanmega's speed rose
Turn2: Liepard used trick. Yanmega uses air slash. Liepard faints. Yanmega's speed rose. Yanmega fell asleep.
Turn3:Go, Durant. The opposing yanmega is fast asleep. Durant used entrainment.

And the rest is obvious. Just tricking away lum will solve it.
Yanmega falls asleep, then immediately wakes up thanks to its Lum Berry. That's why Yanmega 4 isn't a threat, but Yanmega 3 is. The problem with Roller Skaters is that you don't know which one you're facing until it might be too late.

But Yanmega 3 won't wake up if you take away it's lum berry. Just yawning first turn and then tricking 2nd would guarantee the sleep turn. So, just use this at every lead non-frisk yanmega. Shouldn't this work. You're the expert so i'm probably wrong, please explain it to me if that is the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)