Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 2 OSTs out of three in which someone loses but gets a chance to take the trophy? I'm not sure how comfortable I am in giving someone that lost a second chance at the trophy. I love you blunder, but I have to use you in particular as an example. blunder fought Style whereas lighthouses fought Whitequeen in the top 4. Whoever fought who was pure luck. blunder now has two chances to make it to the finals whereas lighthouses has one. If blunder beat Style, he would be in the final, and if he beats the winner of this clusterfuck he has a chance for finals, whereas lighthouses only had the one chance, to beat Whitequeen. That is purely luck.

I think the more fair solution would have been for blunder to fight lighthouses and the winner of that fights Whitequeen in the finals, as if Whitequeen was the winner of the single elimination bracket and the winner of blunder v lighthouses was the winner of the loser's bracket. (This would mean that the winner of blunder v lighthouses has to beat Whitequeen in two bo3s for the trophy.)

It is unfortunate for the other individuals who fought Style, I guess, but you're delaying finals for another month and essentially penalizing people like lighthouses who did not fight Style. I don't think this is a fair decision at all.

Last edited:

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
blarajan said:
So, 2 OSTs in a row in which someone loses but gets a chance to take the trophy? I'm not sure how comfortable I am in giving someone that lost a second chance at the trophy. I love you blunder, but I have to use you in particular as an example. blunder fought Style whereas lighthouses fought Whitequeen in the top 4. Whoever fought who was pure luck. blunder now has two chances to make it to the finals whereas lighthouses has one. If blunder beat Style, he would be in the final, and if he beats the winner of this clusterfuck he has a chance for finals, whereas lighthouses only had the one chance, to beat Whitequeen. That is purely luck.

I think the more fair solution would have been for blunder to fight lighthouses and the winner of that fights Whitequeen in the finals, as if Whitequeen was the winner of the single elimination bracket and the winner of blunder v lighthouses was the winner of the loser's bracket. (This would mean that the winner of blunder v lighthouses has to beat Whitequeen in two bo3s for the trophy.)

It is unfortunate for the other individuals who fought Style, I guess, but you're delaying finals for another month and essentially penalizing people like lighthouses who did not fight Style. I don't think this is a fair decision at all.
i think the counterargument is the people who did play style were unlucky to start - assuming the allegations of cheating and such to be true (idk if they are but for the purposes of the games being replayed it's a decent assumption) they had less than a fair shot at beating her. The dude who brought Unaware stall had essentially no chance at winning; see also most of Style's other obscene matchups. Blunder didn't have "two" chances to beat style, he had an very very slim chance if style knew his team info, as did most of the other players who played her. So the players who "lost" came from circumstances where it would be very hard to win.

If it turns out Style is 100% legit (nope but still) and put herself in so many good matchups given scouting and luck, then it will be unfair for blunder to have two cracks at the title, but if style cheated then he didnt really have a fair shot in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)