Project OU Teambuilding Competition V6 (Round 7:Building Stage) R6 winner Archphantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotti

we back.
Well this round was a blowout. You...You... and team 4 have won this round with 8 votes with the 2 other teams having 4 votes. Gratz on the win you...you... and your time will be submitted in the hall of fame. Also your name will be in the title for the week :]

Anyway the core for next week is

Mega Latias + Ferrothorn

This core is obviously made for a balance team. They cover each other weaknesses very well. Ferro resist dragon and fairy, while mega latias resist fire and fighting. They are really just a core that pair well defensively. However, there are some weaknesses in the core. The lack of dark and ghost resist are something to be wary of.

Round Ends Friday, May 1 at 11:59 est

Last edited:
Team 4 looks like it has a very solid offensive core as long as hazards are up. Unfortunately its weak to Mega-Lopunny, which is flavor right now, so Timid > Modest on Zam which has already been mentioned. Also not sure HP Bug is completely necessary as your team deals with Celebi and the like pretty decently so Icy Wind could be useful but I guess without it it baits in lati@s for pursuit trapping.

edit:I left this open and forgot to post it lmao gG timer

gg all, I will change the MegaZam to Timid: During my process of team evaluation I derped and thought Mega Lopunny hit 384 speed. Scotti, if you want you can mention that in the Hall of Fame explanation or below it.

Scotti

we back.
Going to be out of town for a few days. Going to visit my aunt in chicago, so while I am gone the amazing and brilliant user -Clone- will be taking over the thread. Be easy on him as he is terrible user. So PM your teams to him if you to put it simply

If you already submitted your team, you do not need to resubmit it.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AM it wud be awesome if u could change the title :>

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Whirlpool

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 216 HP / 224 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

i delved away from my usual offense playstyle for this core and instead went with a semistall team. the whole premise of the team is to wear down opponents with hazards while simultaneously keeping mine up so either talon or clef can sweep late game. i have spikes ferro to wall stuff like malt, mega diancie, mega gyara, etc, while also laying down spikes to help clef and talon later on. i went with a lot of physdef so i can take on a plethora of other physical mons much better. seed bomb > power whip because it still hits gyara and ttar, but also never misses. next i have reflect type trapper latias which is designed to beat stuff like lando, keldeo, gliscor, etc 1v1 thanks to whirlpool and ice beam. reflect type also lets her beat ttar and bisharp if she gets the move off on the switch. this is quite important for talon and clef, respectively. next is standard.cmclef with t wave to nail gross or sharp or talon or w/e on the switch in so i can deal with them easier. i guess flamethrower could wrk too since it doesnt interfere with wisps but idk. tenta removes hazards and lays down t spikes, while also giving me another solid fairy check. hippo lays down sr and walls every physical attacker ever which both relieves pressure off of ferro and gives me a lot of leeway vs offense. finally, wisp spdef sd talon gives me a tertiary fairy check that also annoys offense with willo and brave bird. its also what stops me from being 6-0ed by mega garde if ferro gets weakened. the speed outpaces jolly excadrill iirc with a lil creep.

Here is a team fairly focussed on a CM Stored Power Mega Latias sweep. Mega Latias' kit is designed to be an extremely effective CM Sweeper once its checks are removed, namely dark types. It has the bulk, recovery and way of avoiding status necessary for making set up very easy once those that can break Mega Latias are removed. Ferrothorn was necessary to use and acts as an efficient sponge to most attacks directed at Latias, particularly bug, dragon and fairy attacks. Ferrothorn is also my best answer to Mega Gyarados and sets spikes, drastically helping Gliscor, Emboar and Jirachi clean if need be. Cobalion was the next choice as it is a terrific dark type check to threats such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Crawdaunt, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Absol. SD Specially defensive Gliscor was a necessary addition for a second win con and consistant answer to Gengar. Also beats Mega Sableye. Choice Scarf Emboar is likely the most underrated yet valuable member to this team. It can reliably switch into and beats Bisharp, Tyranitar, Mega Sableye, Mega Houndoom, Mega Absol (without Superpower), and revenge kills all those mentioned as well as Hydreigon, Pangoro, and Mega Gyarados (assuming it hasn't boosted its speed). As well as many other non dark types obviously but these are important to the team's main function. Note that Emboar has just enough speed EVs to out speed Scarf or +1 DD T-Tar. Scarf Rachi gets a bit of Volt-Turn going with Cobalion and abuses Iron Head / Zen Headbutt along side Cobalion's Thunder Wave to hax the enemy to death. Jirachi is also here to patch up the team's nasty weakness to Mega Gardevoir. Healing Wish is invaluable as it can extend Emboar's timer, or give Mega Latias or Gliscor a second chance to sweep if you misplay with them early on.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Super Power
- Head Smash
- Wild Charge

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn
- Healing Wish

Instead of using the stored power variant of Mega Latias and fussing over ways to get rid of dark types and whatnot I decided I'd tap into the potential of a set which can give many common teams some serious problems: Reflect Type Mega Latias. With reflect type, Mega Latias can check a multitude of things that were previously counters and deal with them effectively. It is also extremely useful to check the many things that wall themselves. So yeah this is my Bisharp check. The EVs took ages to make but in essence the Speed is to outspeed Timid Max Speed Heatran, the defence is to avoid the 2HKO after SR from Mega Lopunny as well as maximizing bulk and the Special Attack is kind of dumped there. The two offensive moves are there to hit the more common things Latias is going to be changing type into such as bulky Steels (Ferrothorn, Scizor, Bisharp) and in the case of Surf it hits Heatran while hitting many other important things neutrally or supereffectively in the case of Lando-I. Ferrothorn was the obligatory partner synergies excellently with Latias and gives the ever important sneaky pebbles. Clefable completes the Dragon+Fairy+Steel core being vital insurance against set-up sweepers and an essential cleric since several members of my team are susceptible to being worn down. Lando-I is one of the best pokemon in OU currently who provides some much needed potency and offensive presence to my team. Gengar removes annoying bulky psychics and is a generally very hard to prepare for threat with some excellent utility in taunt. Finally Rotom-Wash is the Talonflame check, status spreader and water type which I believe is pretty much obligatory on every team in this meta. Overall this team is a very solid balance team which covers the large majority of the threats in the metagame.

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 44 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpA / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So I looked at this week's core of Ferro and mLati and figured ez balance. The focus of the team was hazard stack + DD Gyarados + CM M-Latias. First mon added? Hippowdon. Why? It reliably gets up rocks and checks everything. So Hippowdon and Ferrothorn form the squad's defensive backbone and set the creamy hazards. Chople on Ferro lets it roll itself into threats like Gengar and Gardevoir and come out the victor. It also allows Thorns to stay in on and eliminate fighting types like pony if it absolutely needs to; Toxic>Stone Edge Hippo to give no free switches to Serp n' Mana and to wear down bulky grounds. Heatran was added because I wanted a stallbreaker that checks stallbreakers (M-Sable, SDef Flame, Clef) and Tran does just that. Drill was added next cause hippo is peanut butter and drill is jelly. With Hippo's sand, Sand Rush Drill cranks up the team's speed and gives it a powerful cleaner, hazard remover, and offense 6-0er. What's nice is that Exca weakens things like Ferrothorn for Gyarados to finish later in the game and vice versa.

Taunt DD Gyarados is amazing. It sets up on some of the things Excadrill hates (think Skarmory) and is such an awesome team player in that it sweeps and facilitates sweeps. Another thing is, with Gyara, Latias won't be overwhelmed in checking stuff like Keldeo, Zard Why? and Landorus (lol, overwhelmed? M lati dgaf). Plus, Gyara's typing and ability greatly benefit the team. Taunt>Sub for dem Skarmorys and dem status. Finally, M lati is here to wreck shop with the deadly CM set. This thing is too good rofl. Went for Tbolt as coverage to hit scarftars and Heatrans (psychic resists basically), tho it's mainly for Manaphy. Hehe, I have ma fire-water-grass core, ma sand core, the hazards, the multiple win-cons; call me ears. Get it? Ears cuz balance...

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 60 HP / 224 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Psyshock

This week we had the core of Ferrothorn and Mega Latias to work with. Together these two have great defensive synergy being able to take on several pokemon not to mention mega latias is actualy a p decent lando-I answer surprisingly. While ferro handles fairies. Seeing as how weak to darks the team was, we went with lo keldeo. LO keldeo was chosen for its great wallbreaking abilities while not being choiced locked giving it a advantage over the typical specs set. Taunt is a great tool for keldeo on this team as it can help stop stall In its tracks this is nice as latias loses if it gets hit by status. On top of that keldeo handles bisharp who can be really annoying as even with reflect type on latias we cant touch it .(of course it does turn non low kick sharp into set up fauder) Next up I wanted to make a dfs core. Unaware clefable seemed like the perfect choice seeing as it can provide clerical support which help mega latias and ferrothorn in the long run by wishing them back to health and healing them of status while also troubling pokemon that like to set up on ferro while also handling the latis. Next up gengar looked like a huge issue so scarf tar was picked for the next slot being able to outspeed gengar while also being able to pursuit trap the latis which helps keldeo spam his stabs more allowing him to be more of a threat overall. On top of this the sand helps wittle stuff for keldeo which is also nice. Finally Hazard removal seemed really important as well as a reliable answer to fairies and some physical mons such as drill and special attackers such as lando-I. Sp.def Skarm fit this perfectly being able to do just that being able to check/counter these mons while also removing hazards. On top of this this gives us another answer to mega gard who is a very scary threat to this team otherwise and iron head allows us to hit it for super effective damage. Last off taunt was chosen to stop some pokemon from getting hazards off while also improving out matchup with stall. Naturaly the teams win condition is mega latias who is very capable of sweeping teams once mons such as tar and bish are removed and nothing can really stop this monster once it gets going aside from maybe unaware clef. As a heads up reflect type is good for using mega lati for setting up on fairies and bish and she does that very effectively. Naturally Ferro is used for setting up stealth rocks while also being a pain for several mons.

Lets say that the deadline is in a few days from now. If youre team isnt here you either didnt PM it to me or u PMed it to me late. Direct all complaints about this to scotti =]

Eh didn't really like this rounds core so didn't submit a team, team 4 looks the best though

Team 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)