Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it should be Blunder vs Lighthouses, winner plays WQ. Not like Blarajan said with the winner of the game needing two bo3s, one would be fair. Had Lighthouses beat Whitequeen, Whitequeen would have had the opportunity to then play Blunder (in the hypothetical situation). Besides, from what I believe Bloo snaked all of Blunder's moves anyways to Style, so Blunder never had a fair game to begin with.

That is part of the reason I don't want WQ to ever play Style, because Style cheated her way into the final in the first place. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone. Especially Hugo..

I really think it should be Blunder vs Lighthouses, winner plays WQ. Not like Blarajan said with the winner of the game needing two bo3s, one would be fair. Had Lighthouses beat Whitequeen, Whitequeen would have had the opportunity to then play Blunder (in the hypothetical situation). Besides, from what I believe Bloo snaked all of Blunder's moves anyways to Style, so Blunder never had a fair game to begin with.

That is part of the reason I don't want WQ to ever play Style, because Style cheated her way into the final in the first place. Sorry if my opinion offends anyone. Especially Hugo..
Tesung resonates with this post

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I don't understand the arguments that Lighthouses should get two chances at the trophy when he wasn't involved, even remotely, in this Style "incident," or ones that put Whitequeen in a double jeopardy situation in the finals.

The decision aims to rectify what we the TD team believe to be a dishonest attempt at the trophy by one person(s), from start to finish (we also know that Style didn't complete one of the matches versus UltiMario, to me that's enough for disqualification as it is but besides the point). The opponent's Style faced likely didn't have a fighting chance on equal footing, whereas everyone else in the tourney, to our knowledge (unless there were other DQs), did, hence the decision that was made. With the re-setup schedule, those that faced Style should now have an honest attempt at a run for the trophy. Essentially, the people that are in this re-setup schedule aren't "getting a second chance," they're getting their first chance since they never had it to begin with once they faced Style (or if they did have a chance, at a huge disadvantage for the most part).

I don't understand the arguments that Lighthouses should get two chances at the trophy when he wasn't involved, even remotely, in this Style "incident," or ones that put Whitequeen in a double jeopardy situation in the finals.

The decision aims to rectify what we the TD team believe to be a dishonest attempt at the trophy by one person(s), from start to finish (we also know that Style didn't complete one of the matches versus UltiMario, to me that's enough for disqualification as it is but besides the point). The opponent's Style faced likely didn't have a fighting chance on equal footing, whereas everyone else in the tourney, to our knowledge (unless there were other DQs), did, hence the decision that was made. With the re-setup schedule, those that faced Style should now have an honest attempt at a run for the trophy. Essentially, the people that are in this re-setup schedule aren't "getting a second chance," they're getting their first chance since they never had it to begin with once they faced Style (or if they did have a chance, at a huge disadvantage for the most part).
The argument stems from the point that Lighthouses could have easily drawn Style instead. Instead, Lighthouses played Whitequeen. The user who was playing Style was going to get 2 chances regardless, but the game between Whitequeen and Lighthouses only had 1 shot. Sure I agree, Blunder never had a fair shot to begin with (under the assumption that Bloo was leaking, there is no motive still, but circumstances point to this as very possible). Therefore, Blunder and Lighthouses playing to play Whitequeen is fair, because they were both in bad situations.

Edit: Also in defense of both Stathakis and Heist, neither "drilled" ideas into my head. It was poor choice of words on my behalf. I asked them of their opinion on the matter in private conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)