Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The argument stems from the point that Lighthouses could have easily drawn Style instead. Instead, Lighthouses played Whitequeen. The user who was playing Style was going to get 2 chances regardless, but the game between Whitequeen and Lighthouses only had 1 shot. Sure I agree, Blunder never had a fair shot to begin with (under the assumption that Bloo was leaking, there is no motive still, but circumstances point to this as very possible). Therefore, Blunder and Lighthouses playing to play Whitequeen is fair, because they were both in bad situations.

Edit: Also in defense of both Stathakis and Heist, neither "drilled" ideas into my head. It was poor choice of words on my behalf. I asked them of their opinion on the matter in private conversations.
Hello model user Laurel! It is I, the local bard Haruno! I am here to instill wisdom into your already knowledgeable head with my vast tour experience and eye witness accounts on tours! So here we gooooooo.

Your whole blunder vs lighthouse scenario makes absolutely zero fucking sense. Could lighthouse have just as easily drawn style and thus be given a second wind at the gold trophy? Sure, but nigga, why are you making some special exception for lighthouse? Why would lighthouse of all users be given a pass to have another shot at winning OST when he already lost? Is it because he might've played style instead and gotten an extra opportunity because of dubious circumstances? Sure, but that applies to literally fucking everyone in this tour. Is it possible that I could've drawn style R1????? Sure. but that didn't happen, but because of that scenario being possible, should I be able to play w/e players to get my shot at the trophy that I already lost to? of course not, that makes zero fucking sense. Or would other players such as aim, or mcmeghan be allowed a second shot at OST11 because they might've played style in a previous round? Of course not, so why would we make an exception for lightouse? With your logic, we might as well redo the whole OST11, or rather just ignore this and go straight to OST12 since we need all the players that might've played style but didn't, to have a second shot at winning.

Blunder/cbb/bluwing/other niggas idr however did get paired up with style and lost because of some behind the scenes mumbo jumbo and thus are given a second chance due to that. It is because they directly lost to style that they get a shot to try and earn the privilege of being able to lick whitequeen's majestic shoes and hopefully go toe to toe with him in the finals. Only players that got style'd will get this opportunity and no one else, so I don't see why you're trying to make some irrelevant argument on some pretentious bias you might have against the queen.

Now I'm aware that what I just said may be nothing more than gibberish, one of the many that seek to suck one's dick but would never be given the chance to, due to irrelevancy. So therefore to sum it up, I'll leave you with a tl;dr that isn't from a irrelevant user like myself but rather from the undisputed king of ubers, the transcendant champion himself

tl;dr
★R The Resurrection: Pokémon isn't about what would have happened.
★R The Resurrection: It's about what happened.

Now as for my thoughts on the finals? Go whitequeen! Waited a month to see you with a gold trophy, and forced to wait another month, but it'll be for what is probably the most hyped OST finals in smogon history and should be an amazing finals regardless of the result

Last edited:

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I mean, i would like to see BKC win, but WhiteQueen is clearly the most deserving, and it'd be a shame if WQ didn't get the trophy at the end of the day. Go WhiteQueen!

If people would be nice enough to post replays itt after they play, that'd be awesome.

Really sad that this amazing tour did get so fucked up.
Doing all the matches does still give Ultimario the equivalent of a round 1 bye, there is no perfect solution for this mess.

Whatever, I hope Style and everyone else do still feel that its all about chilling in your free time and having fun.

The real scandal here is the racism and abuse against Italians that pervades smogon in all aspects. These poor minorities are ridiculed for being lucky, even though they were simply born that way. They are banned from tours simply for being twins. If we really want to prove our legitimacy as a free-thinking modern website, this must end.

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Bluwing to win the tour!

On that note, can we not accuse other members of the community of cheating? If the TDs looked at those logs and found nothing wrong with it, I'm inclined to trust them.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
Are you two just posting to post? What are you even trying to say besides echoing bum ass reasoning and missing the point completely?

And please, don't be so quick to underestimate the lengths the people on this site (known or unknown), and even the world in general, will go to satisfy their own personal, twisted appetites.

Naivety is not the way!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
It is important to note that this decision is final and isn't up to discussion in this thread. The thread should in no way serve as a venue for discussion of this incident. Your post will be deleted and you will potentially be infracted if you try to bring it up. Feel free to start a conversation with all the TDs if you want to say something about it.
Following our words, we decided to clean the thread from everything Style related.
If you have any qualms / questions regarding that, start a forum conversation with the TDs.

As for the ghosting discussion, while it's worth discussing over, this is not the right place to do it.

From now on, anything posted here that is related to Style or our decision will be deleted and infracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)