The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why the fuck did the jaguars pass up leonard williams? Fowler is pretty damn good, i'll tell you that, but Williams is special. That is a hall of famer right there. Literally is a better d'line prospect than anybody I've seen in about 10 years and the jags passed on him. ugh
Bit early to jump to this conclusion. Let's try to remember that we're still armchair analysts and these scouts, even the ones for the bad teams, know way more about the situation than we do. Clearly the Jags saw Fowler as a better fit than Williams, so let's see how it plays out in the regular season before damning them

I wanted Williams > Cooper but I'll give a season before I start complaining.

Jets' Dline is quite frightening

Oh my God Kansas City's pick was terrible. It's like they don't think WRs are an issue >___>
EDIT(cause I don't wanna double post): Bengals actually made a solid pick getting an OT. That's one issue they (hopefully) solve. I just hope Dalton isn't shit

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Perriman could turn out to be a really nice pick, but I'm not sure if he was a better option than Jaelen Strong or Randy Gregory. Hope my doubt's are unfounded and that Ozzie found us a gem, the upside is definitely strong there

What the fuck. The Colts don't need a damn WR. We need a defense. Randy Gregory or Landon Collins would've been way smarter. IF OUR OFFENSIVE PICK ISN'T OL THEN WE DON'T NEED IT. I'm sorry but I'm fucking tired of wasted draft picks >__>

Really Like the Pats and Ravens picks

Don't Understand the Colts pick (Really thought they'd take Malcolm Brown) or the Broncos pick

How did Landon Collins go from top 20 pick to out of the first round? At worst he should've landed with the Colts or the Saints.

What do you guys think is the worst pick in the first round?

I'm not really informed on the players this time around but I feel that the Steelers reached for pass rush help with Bud Dupree.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Landon Collins has serious tackling issues which dropped his draft stock, or so I was under the impression of.

I also thought that the Steelers made one of the BEST picks of round 1 if anything? Dupree was projected to be like a top 10 pick most of the mock drafts and fell to the Steelers, good on them for taking BPA.

The Colts gave me an absolute fucking headache with their pick, no regard for their OLine or Defense, they literally have all of the talent in the world at WR - all they are doing now is wasting slots at the position. Prove me wrong though.

Dupree was picked purely on potential and athletic ability and is far from being a finished product as a football player. The Steelers need pass rush and based on tape, reached badly.

I think everyone is overreacting on both sides. Dupree is a good pick because he fills a need and has potential, but he definitely fell because he underperformed in college. That was the best possible pick for the Steelers. They almost always get results out of their linebacker picks but then again, Lebeau is gone ;~;

I wanted to take Landon Collins or Randy Gregory ;__;
There's about ten or twelve other fanbases that wished they had taken Gregory, yet he dropped from a top 5 pick out of the first round. It's pretty clear there are some mental health issues with him (clinical depression or anxiety, maybe) that are making teams worry about him off the field. He needs to be drafted to a stable and established team to keep the pressure off him while he gets his head straight.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dupree was picked purely on potential and athletic ability and is far from being a finished product as a football player. The Steelers need pass rush and based on tape, reached badly.

How many players fresh out of college are truly "finished" products? Almost every single one of them requires a lot of work to transition to and develop in the NFL, and the ones that find success are the ones willing to put in that work. Someone with as much athleticism and talent as Bud Dupree is never a reach from the standpoint of drafting, it simply remains to be seen if he'll put in the work to harness that talent and become a great player.

Last edited:
It still pisses me off that every team didn't throw the draft for Luck. He was the only player that I've seen that is guaranteed perfection. There was nothing bad about him and he is showing it now.

Why the fuck did the jaguars pass up leonard williams? Fowler is pretty damn good, i'll tell you that, but Williams is special. That is a hall of famer right there. Literally is a better d'line prospect than anybody I've seen in about 10 years and the jags passed on him. ugh
This makes me cringe too but I'm happy Andrew Luck doesn't have to deal with him twice this year. Only once(Colts play the NYJ in Week 2)
i wanted Williams too, but they went pure pass-rusher and i get that.

What the fuck. The Colts don't need a damn WR. We need a defense. Randy Gregory or Landon Collins would've been way smarter. IF OUR OFFENSIVE PICK ISN'T OL THEN WE DON'T NEED IT. I'm sorry but I'm fucking tired of wasted draft picks >__>
:>

Winners of Round 1(imo): Jets,Browns,Rams, and Eagles
Losers: Jaguars,Redskins,Chiefs,and Colts
not sure how picking the best pass-rusher in the draft is "losing".

i'm sad they didn't draft Williams, but saying they lost out on the draft because they didn't draft him is a bit of a stretch.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ohi new thread

I have no real opinion about anything because I am ??? on college recently and don't really know shit; also working during the draft sux too
Oh my God Kansas City's pick was terrible. It's like they don't think WRs are an issue >___>
EDIT(cause I don't wanna double post): Bengals actually made a solid pick getting an OT. That's one issue they (hopefully) solve. I just hope Dalton isn't shit
Well, they aren't really. It's not like Alex Smith can throw past the sticks anyway.

Not really fussed about Carolina's pick. The Cardinals took DJ Humphries from under our noses, so I guess they decided to roll with Shaq Thompson. Really versatile player, he played three positions for Washington but playing him at linebacker is obviously the reason he was drafted. Will make our front seven even scarier and he's gonna learn a lot from two of the best LBs in the business. Nice, crispy pick.

Am I the only one that feels like Detroit fleeced Denver? Interior line was arguably our weakest position last season and we ended up with the best pure guard in the draft as well as a solid veteran to take up the 'leadership' role left by the incumbent Raiola/Sims. Sure OL is never an exciting pick, but a team's success starts in the trenches imo. I'm hoping someone like Gregory or Collins falls in the 2nd and we can snatch them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)