Uxie

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

QC: Blastral / tennis / Metaphysical
GP: P Squared /

[OVERVIEW]

Uxie has excellent defensive stats that allow it to handle a good portion of the NU metagame. It also has respectable Speed for a defensive Pokemon, meaning that it can get off an attack before other defensive Pokemon or some slower offensive Pokemon can move. Uxie's solid movepool allows it to play multiple roles on a team, including a bulky sweeper, supportive pivot, and a dual screens or weather setter. Unfortunately, Uxie often must rely on its bulk to take hits, as its pure Psychic typing has few useful resistances. Lack of a form of reliable recovery is also a major hindrance to Uxie's defensive capabilities.

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Signal Beam
move 4: Giga Drain / Hidden Power Fire
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Uxie's Special Attack and Special Defense, making it difficult to take down and allowing it to hit hard after a few boosts. Psyshock is a decently powerful STAB move that hits Pokemon based on their Defense, allowing Uxie to outlast and defeat other Calm Mind users such as Mega Audino and Xatu. Signal Beam provides important coverage on Dark- and Psychic-types such as Malamar, Liepard, Mesprit, and Musharna. Giga Drain hits Quagsire, which ignores Uxie's boosts thanks to Unaware, as well as Rhydon, which easily tanks Psyshock or Signal Beam and hits back hard with Megahorn. Alternatively, Hidden Power Fire can be used to hit Steel-types such as Ferroseed, Mawile, Klinklang, and Pawniard. Psychic is an alternative over Psyshock that has a higher Base Power and deals more damage to physically bulky Pokemon such as Gurdurr.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread and a Timid nature maximize Uxie's damage output and Speed, allowing it to outspeed a variety of offensive threats such as Jolly Sawk, Jolly Kabutops, Timid Rotom, and Timid Chatot, as well as Speed tie with opposing base 95 Speed Pokemon such as Leafeon, Primeape, and Jynx. A slightly bulkier spread of 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe with a Timid nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 80 Speed Pokemon such as Kabutops and Mesprit, but it misses out on tying with opposing base 95 Speed Pokemon. If using Hidden Power Fire, maximum Speed investment is less necessary because with the drop in Speed IVs Uxie cannot tie with opposing base 95 Pokemon. Leftovers provides passive recovery, which is very helpful for giving some ease while setting up. Colbur Berry decreases the damage taken from a Dark-type attack, most notably a stray Knock Off, at the cost of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

When facing more offensive teams, Uxie should wait until late-game to set up, as its unboosted attacks are quite weak and it has some difficulty setting up against offensive threats. Against more balanced or passive builds, Uxie should be played a bit more recklessly due to the pressure Uxie puts on these types of teams thanks to its coverage moves. Regardless of the team matchup, Uxie should set up on Fighting- and Poison-types such as Hariyama, Gurdurr, Vileplume, and Garbodor, as Uxie threatens them out by virtue of its typing. Be sure to avoid Knock Off, as the passive recovery from Leftovers is very beneficial for helping Uxie set up, and the slight recovery from Giga Drain is fairly insignificant. If Hidden Power Fire is not chosen, be sure to eliminate Steel-types before setting up, as they are a major hindrance to Uxie sweeping. Lure in unsuspecting foes and hit them with the respective coverage move; Hidden Power Fire tends to be more unexpected because it is less common than Giga Drain.

Team Options
========

Fairy-types such as Mega Audino, Mawile, and Granbull are excellent teammates, as they can absorb Knock Offs and handle Dark-and Bug-types that are problematic for Uxie. Even though Uxie is not completely helpless against those Pokemon thanks to the respective coverage move, it is still beneficial to remove them before attempting to sweep. In addition, Mega Audino forms a solid Calm Mind duo with Uxie, as they can lure in and weaken each other's checks, such as how Uxie can bait in Quagsire and hit it with Giga Drain; if Uxie runs Hidden Power Fire instead, Mega Audino can surprise Quagsire with Grass Knot. Other lures to Steel-types such as Fire Blast Tauros and Fire Fang Mawile are also helpful if Hidden Power Fire is not used.

[SET]
name: Defensive Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Psychic
move 4: U-turn
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock provides helpful chip damage on opposing Pokemon as they switch in. Thunder Wave cripples fast Pokemon such as Liepard, Archeops, and Pyroar. Psychic hits Fighting- and Poison-types such as Hariyama and Garbodor, which Uxie checks, and somewhat prevents Uxie from being crippled by Taunt. U-turn keeps up momentum and allows Uxie to pivot out of unfavorable situations. Heal Bell cures Uxie and its teammates of status conditions. Knock Off, while dealing very little damage, provides general utility in removing the foe's item. Yawn can force a switch and gain momentum with U-turn.

Set Details
========

Leftovers provides passive recovery, which is very important for a defensive Pokemon such as Uxie. 56 Speed EVs are used to outspeed neutral-natured base 70 Speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo and Samurott. The rest of the EVs are put into HP and Defense with a Bold nature to handle physical attackers. Alternatively, a specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe can be used.

Usage Tips
========

Uxie is best used as a pivot into physical attackers such as Hariyama and Kangaskhan in order to gain momentum with U-turn or set up Stealth Rock. U-turn is generally the best move to go for early-game to escape an unfavorable situation and to get a free switch into the appropriate teammate. Thunder Wave is best used to cripple offensive threats such as Mawile and Kabutops, as well as being somewhat of a last-ditch effort to stop boosting sweepers such as Barbaracle, Leafeon, and Ninetales. It is very important to be wary of switching in multiple times, as Uxie has no reliable form of recovery and gets worn down fairly easily through multiple hits.

Team Options
========

Slow wallbreakers such as Magmortar, Mawile, and Aurorus appreciate faster Pokemon being slowed down by Thunder Wave and the slow U-turn provided by Uxie. Spikes users such as Ferroseed and Garbodor have solid type synergy with Uxie and set up Spikes alongside Uxie's Stealth Rock to further wear down the opposing team. Ghost-types such as Rotom, Gourgeist, and Mismagius prevent Uxie's Stealth Rock from being spun away. Volt Switch and U-turn users such as Lanturn, Zebstrika, Scyther, and Liepard pair well with Uxie's U-turn. Clerics such as Audino, Mega Audino, Granbull, and Flareon can cure status conditions and replenish Uxie's HP with Wish. Fighting-types such as Gurdurr, Sawk, and Hariyama make for good teammates to check Dark-types.

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Memento
move 4: U-turn / Stealth Rock
item: Light Clay
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen reduces the amount of damage received from physical and special attacks, respectively, for eight turns. Memento reduces the target's Attack and Special Attack by two stages and knocks out Uxie after use, which helps sweepers set up as well as blocks a Defog or a Rapid Spin. U-turn is useful for gaining momentum after setting up screens and for letting Uxie set up screens later on in the match. Stealth Rock can get chip damage and break Focus Sash and Sturdy.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Speed investment with a Timid nature allows Uxie to outspeed as many threats as possible, notably tying with opposing base 95 Pokemon such as Jynx and Leafeon, in order to set up both screens or Stealth Rock. Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect from five turns to eight turns.

Usage Tips
========

The main goal of this set is simply to get up both screens, although in many scenarios Uxie can only get up one screen due to opposing offensive pressure. In this case, assess whether your opponent's team has more physical or special attackers, and set up the appropriate screen. If using Stealth Rock, set it up before screens so you don't waste turns of Light Screen and Reflect. If Uxie's health is still above about 60% after setting up screens, U-turn out into a sweeper or an appropriate check. If Uxie's health is below about 40%, use Memento and then go out into a sweeper and begin setting up. If a Pokemon that is known to use Defog switches in, use Memento on it so that when it tries to Defog on Uxie it will fail. After that, switch in a Pokemon that threatens the Defogger or can set up on it; the opponent will be forced to choose whether to Defog or switch out.

Team Options
========

Offensive setup sweepers such as Lilligant, Samurott, Mawile, and Mismagius appreciate the extra turns provided by screens as well as the use of Memento giving them more opportunities to set up. Shell Smash users such as Carracosta, Barbaracle, Gorebyss, and Huntail also greatly appreciate the support given by screens and Memento, as it gives them much more breathing room while setting up and, in the case of the latter two, finding opportunities to Baton Pass boosts. Defiant users such as Pawniard and Primeape deter the use of Defog, which would get rid of Uxie's screens and Stealth Rock.

[SET]
name: Weather Setter
move 1: Rain Dance / Sunny Day
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 4: U-turn / Psychic
item: Damp Rock / Heat Rock
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rain Dance and Sunny Day allows rain and sun abusers, respectively, to sweep. Stealth Rock ensures chip damage and breaks Focus Sashes and Sturdy. Memento is used to gain momentum after setting up weather and Stealth Rock, but it knocks Uxie out. U-turn acts similarly to Memento, but it allows Uxie to possibly set up weather later on in the match. Psychic is a STAB move if Uxie should need to attack.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Speed investment with a Timid nature allows Uxie to outspeed as many threats as possible, notably tying with opposing base 95 Pokemon such as Jynx and Leafeon, in order to set up the chosen weather move or Stealth Rock. Damp Rock increases the duration of rain to eight turns, while Heat Rock increases the duration of sun to eight turns.

Usage Tips
========

Uxie should set up Stealth Rock on the first turn and weather on the second turn. After setting up weather, Uxie should use U-turn if its health is above 60% so as to allow it to possibly set up weather again late-game, and it should use Memento if low on health to gain momentum for a weather sweeper.

Team Options
========

Teammates for Rain Dance Uxie include alternate rain setters, such as Liepard for priority weather late-game, and rain sweepers such as Ludicolo, Gorebyss, and Poliwrath. When Uxie is placed in a sun team, its teammates should include an alternate weather setter, such as Liepard or Volbeat for priority weather late-game, and sun sweepers such as Victreebel, Sawsbuck, and Pyroar.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Choice Scarf set can be used for a fast Trick and Memento to support its teammates. Magic Coat reflects entry hazards and status moves. A mono-attacking Calm Mind set with a moveset of Rest / Sleep Talk / Calm Mind / Psyshock gives Uxie a form of recovery at the cost of making it extremely vulnerable to and hard-walled by Dark-types. Imprison prevents the opponent's use of Uxie's chosen support moves, and this can be quite useful given how common Uxie's support moves are among other Pokemon. This can also be used alongside Calm Mind to prevent opposing Calm Mind users from setting up, but this is typically just for Musharna, as Uxie can often win versus most of the other Calm Mind Psychic-types in the tier. A Trick Room set can be used, but it is generally outclassed by Carbink, as it also has access to Stealth Rock and Explosion, which has the same purpose as Memento.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dark-types**: Dark-type Pokemon such as Liepard, Pawniard, and Cacturne all threaten out Uxie with a powerful Knock Off or can set up on it. However, they all cannot switch in safely in fear of a potential Thunder Wave or U-turn in the case of Cacturne or Liepard, while Hidden Power Fire deals with Pawniard. In addition, Liepard can use Encore to lock Uxie into Calm Mind or Stealth Rock.

**Taunt**: Faster Taunt users such as Archeops and Mismagius can all prevent Uxie from setting up entry hazards, setting up screens, or boosting.

**Status**: Uxie has no form of reliable recovery, so status conditions such as Will-O-Wisp and Toxic wear it down quickly.

**Ghost-types**: Ghost-type Pokemon such as Mismagius, Rotom, and Golurk threaten Uxie with their STAB moves. In addition, Rotom can trick Uxie a Choice item, preventing it from setting up.

**Wallbreakers / Strong Attackers**: Powerful wallbreakers such as Magmortar, Zangoose, Choice Band Scyther, and Samurott can wear down and overwhelm Uxie due to its lack of reliable recovery.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, this is ready for checks. I took the skeleton and added the cm 3 attacks set, polished up a few of the bullet points, fixed a formatting error here and there, and replaced mentions of banned / ru mons with more relevant stuff.
The one thing I think needs changing is the spread for sub cm since it was meant to live regular audino's knock off which is not too important since mega audino is much more common and viable than regular audino.
I'd really appreciate the 2 checks sooner than later since I'm on spring break and I have no life a lot of free time on my hands to write this up.

In the first set you didn't put any slashes for Knock Off or Heal Bell but it's mentioned in the moves section. Also, I'm assuming you put relaxed over bold for if it were running Knock Off, but even if it's not running that I think Uxie likes its speed and Knock Off/U-turn is more of a utility move. -Speed natures work best if it has Yawn, which you didn't include a slash for. Finally, on the rain set I think the slash for U-Turn should be moved to Memento instead of pairing it with Psychic because they both involve getting safe switches and both are momentum moves.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
In the first set you didn't put any slashes for Knock Off or Heal Bell but it's mentioned in the moves section. Also, I'm assuming you put relaxed over bold for if it were running Knock Off, but even if it's not running that I think Uxie likes its speed and Knock Off/U-turn is more of a utility move. -Speed natures work best if it has Yawn, which you didn't include a slash for. Finally, on the rain set I think the slash for U-Turn should be moved to Memento instead of pairing it with Psychic because they both involve getting safe switches and both are momentum moves.
There's nothing wrong with having stuff mentioned in moves but not slashed, that's how it's always been with analyses. The -speed nature is for a slow u-turn.
Idk if any of the slashes need to be changed, that's not a huge concern. Thanks for the advice tho.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Saying it's outclassed offensively isn't totally true since it can run an offensive set

Does anyone have experience with different spreads / coverage on SubCM? Or even SubCM in general I haven't seen that set in ages

Imprison in OO and remove Solar Beam

Liepard doesn't run Taunt

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Saying it's outclassed offensively isn't totally true since it can run an offensive set

Does anyone have experience with different spreads / coverage on SubCM? Or even SubCM in general I haven't seen that set in ages

Imprison in OO and remove Solar Beam

Liepard doesn't run Taunt
Removed that point
Uh, I havent used it in ages either :x wouldnt be opposed to removing it so I have less to write
Done
Done

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Bump
QC (or anyone's for that matter) thoughts on merging the two calm mind sets? It was brought up in the QC pm and it seems reasonable to me.
Also removed the one Typhlosion mention I found the other day.

Blast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I think we can drop Sub, just give it a good mention in Moves (or OO possibly since they play differently and run different spreads)

I want Psychic to be mentioned too in Moves for off CM or w/e, I despise running Psyshock in general and tbh the only thing it lets you reliably 'beat' in CM wars is Audino

Might give this a full check when I get home but just wanted to say that

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
done ^

Can you explain why you prefer psychic? I mean yeah its slightly stronger in terms of base power but I think that beating cm mega audino is pretty important. Just cant think of any physically bulky pokemon that psychic would be that much better for. Also I still have no idea what spread sub cm should use so I left a placeholder for that in set details. Changed the sets name to Calm Mind because there's only one cm set.

apologies if this is too much of a nitpick as this is not related to the weather setter set itself, but I think it would be a cardinal sin to not mention exegguter as a sunny day sweeper, meanwhile leafeon sits probably at the very bottom of my sun sweeper list.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
apologies if this is too much of a nitpick as this is not related to the weather setter set itself, but I think it would be a cardinal sin to not mention exegguter as a sunny day sweeper, meanwhile leafeon sits probably at the very bottom of my sun sweeper list.
Added that, thanks for the catch

Blast

Psychic's for Gurdurr mostly, it also has a chance to kill Sawk after rocks without a boost. Idt it needs a slash but a mention is good
Overview​
########

+ great base defensive stats, can go either specially defensive or physically defensive
+ good base speed for a defensive pokemon
+ versatile as it can play an offensive or defensive role on a team
+ access to multiple support moves such as stealth rock, dual screens, sunny day, rain dance, etc
- average offensive base stats
- no reliable recovery to back up its excellent defensive stats

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Signal Beam
move 4: Giga Drain / Hidden Power Fire
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
========
  • Calm Mind boosts Special Defense and Special Attack
  • Psyshock is a STAB move that hits on the physical side, allowing Uxie to beat any Pokemon that try to setup Calm Mind boosts alongside of it
  • Signal Beam provides important coverage on opposing psychic types and dark types such as malamar, mesprit, sneasel, and musharna
  • Giga Drain provides good neutral coverage, while giving a way for Uxie to recover HP and also dealing heavy damage to the likes of seismitoad, quagsire, and rhydon
  • Hidden Power Fire can be used to hit Steel-types, such as Ferroseed, klinklang, and mawile
  • substitute can be used to avoid status conditions
  • psychic has higher base power and hits physically bulky targets harder

Set Details
========
  • Maximum Special attack and speed investment and a timid nature is used to hit as hard as possible, outpacing common offensive threats such as Jolly sawk, positive natured rotom and chatot, as well as typing with opposing base 95 pokemon such as leafeon, primeape, jynx, and opposing uxie
  • leftovers for passive recovery
  • when using sub an alternate spread of [x] should be used just say "a bulkier spread" for now

Usage Tips
========
  • Against more offensive teams Uxie should be brought in late game
  • Watch out for status as this will decrease Uxie's survivability, sub on predicted status ?_?
  • Avoid getting knocked off as Leftovers allows Uxie to recover health while setting up, Giga Drain will let Uxie regain health when it is ready to sweep
  • If hidden power fire is not used, be sure to eliminate steel types from the opposing team as they can put a stop to uxie's sweep
These could use some more detail in general, like mentioning what it can set up on, how it plays against teams other than offense, etc. Also probably worth mentioning you can use the fourth slot to your advantage to lure in Toad / Donner / Ferro with the proper move

Team Options
========
  • Entry hazard setters such as seismitoad, rhydon, and Crustle
  • Status removers like (mega) Audino or Vileplume, to remove any unwanted status from Uxie which would otherwise stop its sweep not necessary
  • Knock Off absorbers such as Granbull or mega audino, the latter forming an excellent calm mind duo with uxie
  • If hidden power fire is not used a teammate that can lure in or bait steel types with a coverage move is very helpful, so the likes of fire fang mawile, fire blast Tauros, Fire blast mega audino, etc pair well
  • Note that uxie tends to be fairly independent and doesn't need a lot of support thanks to the coverage provided by its coverage moves backed by its excellent bulk for an offensive role

Defensive Utility
########
name: Defensive Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Psychic
move 4: U-turn
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Relaxed

Moves
========
  • Stealth Rock is for chip damage and to break Focus Sash and check Fire-types and Flying-types
  • Thunder Wave is good for crippling fast Pokemon an being a general nuisance
  • Psychic is a good STAB move for getting damage off on an opposing Pokemo
  • U-turn is for gaining momentum and Uxie can be used as a bulky pivot
  • Heal Bell is to remove status from teammates and itself
  • Knock Off is a good utility move removing important items like Leftovers or choiced items
  • Yawn can be used for forcing switches and gaining momentum with U-turn, or putting a Pokemon to sleep

Set Details
========
  • Max HP and Max Defense to be able to take as many physical hits as possible
  • Relaxed nature to increase defense even further and for slower U-turns and so Knock Off or Psychic isnt doing less damage
  • Alternatively a Max HP Max Special Defense spread can be used to take as many special hits as possible
  • Sassy nature to increase special defense and for slower U-turns and so Knock Off or Psychic isnt doing less damage
  • An alternate spread of 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe Bold can be used to outpace neutral natured max speed base 70 pokemon such as ludicolo and samurott to paralyze them or finish them off with an attack
  • Leftovers for passive recovery

Usage Tips
========
  • Uxie can be used as lead setting up Stealth Rock and then U-turning out into an appropriate Pokemon
  • Thunder Wave fast offensive threats to make them easier for the rest of your team to deal with
  • Uxie can be used as a pivot, if using U-turn, switching in taking a hit and then U-turning out into an appropriate check or counter
  • Be wary of switching in multiple times as Uxie has no reliable form of recovery and gets worn down fairly easily through multiple hits

Team Options
========
  • Spike setters like Ferroseed, Quilladin, and garbodor can set up Spikes alongside Uxie's Stealth Rock
  • Spinblockers like Gourgeist-S and Mismagius prevent Stealth Rocks and Spikes from being spun away
  • Wish users such as Lickilicky and (mega) Audino are good teammates for Uxie, as they can run another move other than Heal Bell and can pass wishes to Uxie solving its unreliable recovery problem.
Needs more teammates, mention stuff lhat likes Uxie's U-turn support (especially along w/ rocks) and such

Dual Screens
########
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 4: U-turn / Stealth Rock
item: Light Clay

Moves
========
  • Reflect reduces the amount of damage received from physical moves for 5 turns, with light clay its 8
  • Light Screen reduces the amount of damage received from special moves for 5 turns, with light clay its 8
  • Memento reduces the opponents attack and special attack by two stages, Uxie faints after using this
  • U-turn is useful for gaining momentum after setting up screens and so Uxie can set up screens later on in the match
  • Stealth Rock is good for chip damage and for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy
These move descriptions are really dry outside of maybe U-turn, explain why they're actually useful for Uxie and its teammates

Set Details
========
  • Bold Nature to further increase the defensive stat
  • Light clay to increase duration of screens to 8

Usage Tips
========
  • Screens should be set up early on, if using Stealth Rock make sure to set up screens first usually you want to get up rocks if you can so you don't burn screen turns
  • If Uxie is still above 60% health after setting up screens U-turn out into a sweeper or appropriate check
  • If Uxie is below 40% health use Memento and then go out into a sweeper and begin setting up
  • If a Pokemon comes in that is known to use Defog, Memento on it so that way when it tries to Defog on Uxie it will fail. Then go out into a Pokemon that threatens the defogger or can set up on it, the opponent will be forced to choose whether to Defog or whether to switch out.

Team Options
========
  • Setup sweepers like quiver dance lilligant and Swords Dance samurott appreciate the extra turns screens+memento creates for setting up
  • If Uxie is not running rocks entry hazard setters like Crustle, mawile (helps with darks that pressure uxie), and seismitoad help any sweeper Uxie goes out into have an easier time sweeping
  • Pawniard (also falls into the category of the first bullet point) and Primeape are good teammates to punish the use of defog which would remove the screens uxie has set up.

Weather Setter
########
name: Weather Setter
move 1: Sunny Day / Rain Dance
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 4: U-turn / Psychic
item: Heat Rock / Damp Rock

Moves
========
  • Sunny Day for setting up Sun
  • Rain Dance for setting up Rain
  • Stealth Rock for chip damage and breaking sashes/sturdy
  • Memento to gain momentum after setting up weather
  • U-turn acts similar to Memento, but it allows Uxie to switch out and possibly set up weather later on in the match
  • Psychic is a STAB move if Uxie needs to attack

Set Details
========
  • Bold Nature to further increase the defensive stat
  • heat rock with sunny day, damp rock with rain dance

Usage Tips
========
  • Set up Stealth Rock first turn and then set up weather the second turn.
  • After setting up weather either Memento or use U-turn to switch into a weather sweeper and save Uxie for setting up weather later on in the match

Team Options
========
  • On a Rain Team: Alternate rain setter, such as Liepard for priority weather later on in the match, some rain sweepers include Ludicolo, Gorebyss, and Seismitoad.
  • On a Sun Team: Alternate sun setter, such as Liepard for priority weather later on in the match, some sun sweepers include Victreebel, Leafeon, Sawsbuck, Exeggutor, and Pyroar.

Other Options
########
  • Trick
  • Offensive sets, Physical Band (oshony's bae)/Scarf, Special Specs/Scarf However these sets are outclassed by Mesprit You shouldn't be talking about Scarf Uxie in an offensive role, it's bulky and usually tries to Trick something first turn
  • Foul Play
  • Magic Coat
  • Resto Chesto Replace this with CM RestTalk
  • Toxic / Yawn already mentioned for a set
  • Trick Room setter with Memento + Stealth Rock
  • Imprison

Checks & Counters
########

**Dark-Types**: Dark-type pokemon like Liepard, Pawniard, and Sneasel all threaten out Uxie with a powerful Knock Off or can set up on it. However, they all cannot switch in safely in fear of a potential Thunder Wave or U-turn in the case of Sneasel or Liepard, while Hidden Power Fire deals with Pawniard.

**Taunt**: Faster taunt users like Archeops, Haunter and Mismagius can all prevent Uxie from setting up entry hazards, screens, or boosting.

**Status**: Uxie has no form of reliable recovery so statuses like Will-O-Wisp and Toxic wear it down quickly.

**Ghost-Types**: Ghost-type Pokemon like Mismagius, Rotom, or Golurk can hurt Uxie with their STAB moves. In addition, Rotom can trick Uxie a choice item, preventing it from setting up.

Add a section for strong attackers, they can wear it down

Blast

In OO split Scarf from the other Choice items and give its own point, like I said it's not offensive

Don't rly like Haunter in C&C since it's an extremely shaky check

QC 1/3

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sub CM plays differently from CM + three attacks. Three attacks is more focused on being good against offense and bulky balance, and Sub CM exploits fat teams, esp. stall, and runs a bulkier spread. Having said that, I disagree with just throwing Sub in Moves.

Also, the Dual Screens spread should be max Speed Timid -_-

I'd also put some Speed on defensive.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Sub CM plays differently from CM + three attacks. Three attacks is more focused on being good against offense and bulky balance, and Sub CM exploits fat teams, esp. stall, and runs a bulkier spread. Having said that, I disagree with just throwing Sub in Moves.

Also, the Dual Screens spread should be max Speed Timid -_-

I'd also put some Speed on defensive.
I'll try and figure out a spread for sub cm (note to self: probably wants enough speed for jolly kabutops if it's running giga drain, adamant sawk otherwise) and add a set for that soon.
Fixed the defensive and dual screens spreads.

under moves for Set 1, you say "Psyshock is a STAB move that hits on the physical side, allowing Uxie to beat any Pokemon that try to setup Calm Mind boosts alongside of it". I would change that to it beats most set up CM'ers because stuff like Mushy can beat it.

Also, for the weather set, Hollywood is right. i think max hp max speed is more optimal than max hp max def. The speed ensures that you get off your rocks or weather move before mons like Samurott for example outpace you and taunt.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
under moves for Set 1, you say "Psyshock is a STAB move that hits on the physical side, allowing Uxie to beat any Pokemon that try to setup Calm Mind boosts alongside of it". I would change that to it beats most set up CM'ers because stuff like Mushy can beat it.

Also, for the weather set, Hollywood is right. i think max hp max speed is more optimal than max hp max def. The speed ensures that you get off your rocks or weather move before mons like Samurott for example outpace you and taunt.
did both, also slashed rain dance and damp rock before the sun counterparts bc rain is better than sun and uxie fits much better on rain builds.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Written and ready for the last check, sorry for delay.
hollywood any more thoughts on the sub cm set? I haven't used it much in oras so I don't have a great idea of how it plays and I'm still not sure on the ev spread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)