Smogon Tour 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck is part of the game and allowing people to join two tours every week is plenty as it is. Also, a best of three taking only thirty minutes is unrealistic when some single games can take nearly as long as that and people need 5-10 minutes between rounds at times - tour would run all day.
^

And nobody said you don't need any luck to win anything also. It's a matter of luck + skills, skills alone are often not enough to win at this game.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
My thoughts on people who have made the playoffs and those who still have a chance to make it.

1PDC -- quite impressive he's the current number 1 seed
2dEnIsSsS -- he's gonna win this tour easily if baton pass isn't nerfed. i'm not joking
3ZoroDark -- played him once in BW and lost, but it wasn't because i got outplayed or anything. seems good enough
4thatsjustpeachy -- missy's good. there, i admit it
4Cosine180 -- no comment
6babidi1998 -- his teams are solid and gay as fuck. both reasons why he's always so consistent
6Leftiez -- boss
8Laurel -- it's hilarious how he apologizes for every crits and misses. in all honesty, i think laurel is a solid player. unfortunately, he doesn't have the mindset of a winner. against a player like Ojama, he'll be too scared to play properly. need to have some self-confidence, mate
9darkdevil -- no comment
10Aurious -- haven't seen you play enough to make an assessment
11Get Backer -- no comment
12Bad Ass -- used to be good. maybe still is. i don't know
12SoulWind -- even more hilarious than laurel. when he haxes you, it's all roses and chocolate. he cries whenever he gets haxed; he cries when he gets outplayed. pokemon isn't the right game for you, mate
12Marshall.Law -- everyone seems to agree that he's one of the best dpp players around. i disagree. still pretty good, however
15Ojama -- one of the few "superstar" players on Smogon that I would say is not overrated without hesitation. He'll be a tough foe for whoever he's up against. pdc would cower in fear if ojama ends up the 16 seed
15KratosMana -- good
17improbable -- no comment
17MetalGro$$ -- no comment
17-Tsunami- -- glad this dude finally realizes what an ass player he is. keep using those smashpass teams; you can't win, otherwise. you've experienced successes in team tournaments because there were a dozen other people in the irc channel telling you what to do
20Specterito -- no comment
20Reymedy -- no comment
22Floppy -- i've enjoyed our battles
23SkillinJah -- best BW OU player ever
23Stathakis -- big fan
25Jimmy Turtwig -- pretty good player from what i've seen
25Misugi -- no comment
25Twin Citiez -- no comment
25Lusso -- no comment
29ben gay -- a much better player than lady_bug
29xtra$hine -- big fan
29Nachos -- more jalapenos please
29Malekith -- french
33WhiteQueen -- should have used baton pass all the way last week to make it to the top 8. way too proud of thyself. need to be knocked down a peg or two
33boudouche -- good
33Tamahome -- happy cinco de mayo
36Cicada -- no comment

Damn that was time consuming.

Last edited:
are you still salty because I told you that you did nothing for 2 straight seasons in sharks while getting your ass carried all the way to the trophy?

lol

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Might as well give a reminder to everyone for the last week.
  • Do not ask for wins, even if you get haxed. Don't try to pity your opponent into doing so either.
  • Do not offer wins, even if you're out of Top16 contention.
  • Do not interfere in other people's battles by giving advice because someone winning would increase your chances at making the Top16.
  • If you were about to 100% lose and your opponent "mysteriously" leaves / forfeits the battle, chances are we won't make you advance to the next round.
  • If it's found you asked for the win/were given the win in an earlier round, we will take retroactive actions.
Remember that doing any of the aforementioned actions is absolutely unfair for the competition, even if you have no chance at making the cut for PlayOffs.
I'm not gonna ask you guys to be snitches, but if you receive a PM from someone trying to do any of the following (1 and 3), please let us know, as this is a serious way to harm the competition and the integrity of the tournament.

Anyone who will be found doing any of these actions will be infracted and up for a Tournament ban (read: RIP WCoP).

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
For those who had a chance to make it into play-offs, i've made a spreadsheet for the w/l ratios which will be used for the seedings. I sent the link on smogtours but I think it would be more convenient to have it here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bAMA9WTtW4DZMBirxTgqeAVVhu6b14qHclpXbwORu7A/edit#gid=0

Oh yea, to avoid confusions, I only put there the datas of those who had a chance to be on the top 16, in case you're wondering why you're not in even tho you have more points than X guy. If you noticed any mistakes, tell me and i'll fix that asap!

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
'if in a round robin finals player A beats player B who beats player C, then in the second round of finals player A beats both B and C, does player A get 3 wins added to his record and 1 loss or just 1 win?'

Only the final set counts, the winner will get 2 wins from the last round since he won 2 matches on the final set, so in your example the player A will get 2 wins and 0 losses

(nice furtive delete btw :O)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)