ORAS OU Furious Kicks (Mega LoPUNNY Bulky Offense Peaked #63)

Kek im above chimpact and lil manaphy

Welcome to our rmt! Chances are you might be familier with at least me or Doctor ciel on either the ou fourms or the ou chat on showdown but if you dont thats not a big deal. This is a pretty awesome team that the two of us made together and for this reason were splitting the rmt up. Becuase this was "collab" team of sorts there will be two intros as well as two conclusions so you understand from both of our perspectives.

This mega lopunny team is pretty amazing to say the least. This is simply because of how well it works as a whole which you will see later in the rmt. Basically the team has trouble with certain pokemon and in order to make sure we dont auto lose vs those mons we used a large amount of lures some of which people dont know about or have forgotten about. This allows the team to function better as well as give us the edge vs some teams that otherwise might be a bad match up. The way the team was built is pretty simple with a balence breaker + wallbreaker core along with a Turn-turn core and a defensive backbone which is really simple but at the same time really effective. With that said enjoy this Rmt!

Hey everyone, this is Dr Ciel. BlazeLatias gave an excellent summary of everything above from his point of view & here's my point of view of how this came together. We took some obscure, but fun cores & made some solid teams with them. However, one particularly popular core, Tail Glow Manaphy & Power Up Punch Mega Lopunny struck our fancy, so we decided to make a team around them. Tail Glow Manaphy has an excellent matchup against balanced teams, thanks due to it's fantastic coverage & also has a good matchup vs stall as well. Mega Lopunny on the other hand has a fantastic matchup against offensive teams due to its devastating STAB moves along with sky high Attack & Speed stats. Nicknames come courtesy of BlazeLatias, who comes up with the best nicknames ever. That's my side of the story & I'm sticking to it. So without further ado, here's the team! Please relax & enjoy.

The Team At a glance

Teambuilding process

So first we started off with a basic Mega lop+manaphy core together these two have great offensive synergy with lop handling frailer teams and mana taking on more defensive cores lop struggles with.

Next up stuff like unaware clefable posed to be a huge threat for the team as they dont care about lop and manaphy. For this Reason we went with lure trapper tran this allows us to beat common pokemon that annoy these two while getting off massive damage on switch ins perfect stall breaker for the team.

Despite having heatran we needed something that can pick off remaining threats on top if this we needed something that can remove the latis cb scizor was picked as it does just that while providing tran and lop more switch ins. Also takes some of the pressure off tran for removing fairies.

Seeing as lop has no recovery and tran is running lure power herb for waters hazards can prevent them from coming in as much as possible. Latias came to mind as a great bulky hazard remover that helps them live longer while providing healing wish support so one of our mons can have a second chance to finish the job a ground immunity was also important as well as a elec resist so stuff like raikou, rotom , megaman dont demolish us.

Last off we needed a second ground immunity as well as a hazard setter and to top that off we needed a lando-T check. Hilariously Lando-T can do all of the above. To clear things up we run lure hp ice to win vs other landos. Also forms a p decent turn-turn core with scizor. Lando-T made for a really nice glue overall.

In depth look:

Doctor Ciel (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

Why are lops ears so long lol. Anyways Mega lopunny is a part of the mana+lop core the team was built off of. Serving as a main cleaner and a potential wallbreaker once she gets a pup off. With massive speed and power to boot. Fake out + pup is a great combination as you can constantly get chip damage on almost everything while also allowing lop to mega without worry. Jolly nature was chosen as from personal experience adamant nature just gets out sped by stuff like torn-t whos becoming really popular and i dont want to risk speed ties with adamant lops besides Pup makes up for being jolly. Moves are really simple. High Jump Kick is overall a really strong stab move that dents non-bulky resist as well as ones neutral to it. Frustration is another simple stab which together with hjk gives lop perfect neutral coverage. Fake Out is for chip damage and a free mega evo while pup is for predicted switches or when a mons within kill range. Frustration is used because stuff like ditto and mew with transform are still things and that can be annoying with return.

BlazeLatias (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog / Roost
- Healing Wish

Look everyone its me! Naturally Every team needs hazard removal of some kind. Latias was picked for this role as she has great overall synergy with the team being immune to ground while also working really well alongside heatran. Latias mostly deals with stuff like keldeo which can cause problems for the team as well as take electric type moves from stuff like megamane, raikou and others. She also resists water type moves which is always a good thing. Spreads allows latias to handle stuff like thundy better as well as take a hit or two from other mega lops. Set is pretty simple with psyshock for basic stab hitting stuff like clef or azu on the switch while draco hits all not resists really hard. As our hazard remover defog was a must on this set so we can keep all our mons as healthy as possible as we have 0 mons with recovery moves. Last off we got healing wish which can give any one of our mons a second chance and hopefully finish the game while also providing some momentum.

Bisharp-Mega (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

#Blood Pressure. Next up on the line up we have scizor. Scizor greatly helps the team out becuase stuff like latis can be a pain seeing as heatran has no recovery and is running a offensive set. For this reason CB scizor was chosen in order to handle the latis better while also providing a nice n slow u-turn allowing one of our offensive mons to come in a wreck havoc more often. Other then the latis Scizor help pick off weakend threats as well as stop fairies from doing us any harm. Evs are fairly simple with 248 hp so we hit a stealth rock number reducing the damage from rocks and the rest was put into sp.def. Adamant nature for max power. Set wise bullet punch is scizors main stab punching huge holes in anything that is not a resist while pursuit traps stuff like rachi, latis, gengar and pretty much any pokemon that take super effective damage from dark type moves that scizor normally forces out. Dont take band u-turn lightly either as it hits REALLY hard. Superpower hits stuff like ferrothorn and heatran. It also takes a Clean 80 or so off of keldeo which is really awesome. Its up to whoever uses the team on what they prefer for scizors dark type move but really Pursuit>knock off in this situation.

BRIGHTPOWDER.jpeg (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

We chose Landorus-T as our Stealth Rock setter, our primary switch in to opposing Landorus-T ironically, & as our main momentum grabber. Landorus-T is also our answer to most physical threats in the metagame, including the likes of Mega Lopunny, Mega Metagross, Excadrill, & many more. EV spread with a Naive Nature is tailored to beat Adamant Dragonite, Modest Heatran, & Jolly Breloom, with the rest thrown into bulk. Stealth Rock is a mandatory must on every team, & due to Landorus-T's natural bulk & the switches it forces, it is able to get up Stealth Rock multiple times over the course of the match. Earthquake hits insanely hard off of base 145 Attack even with no investment. U-Turn is an excellent momentum grabber & great for getting chip damage on opponents. The last slot goes to HP Ice, hitting the likes of Garchomp, Gliscor, Landorus-T, & several other targets for super-effective damage.

Hot Tupac (Heatran) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- SolarBeam

We chose Heatran as our answer to common Stall builds, being able to break through them with relative ease. Heatran lures in several common stall Pokemon, most notably Chansey & Slowbro, & can easily trap them. Magma Storm is an excellent move as Chansey, a common Pokemon on stall loves to come in on Heatran, will be effectively trapped if Magma Storm successfully hits, while also taking away 1/16th of its health at the end of each turn. Earth Power hits several targets, most notably opposing Heatran that lack Earth Power along with Tentacruel & Mega Diancie. Taunt is great in conjunction for Chansey, as it prevents it from healing up while being trapped in Magma Storm & easily wears it down, while preventing slower SR setters from getting up Rocks & Defog users from getting a Defog off. Solar Beam is perfect in conjunction with Power Herb as it nails Water Types on the switch for copious amounts of damage.

Mega magic Bounce (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Ice Beam

Manaphy was chosen to be our main win-condition & primary set up sweeper along with being one of our two stat boosters. EV spread with 160 Speed along with a Timid outruns neutral base 100s, Max Special Attack to get as much power out of its attacks as possible Tail Glow is the crux of the set, raising Manaphy's respectable Special Attack three stages in one use, boosting it to nearly 900. Scald is the main STAB move on the set, with respectable power & a 30% chance to burn, crippling physical attackers & easily wearing down bulkier Pokemon found on more balanced / semi-stall builds. Energy Ball nabs the OHKO on bulky Water types such as Suicune, Rotom-W, Slowbro / Mega Slowbro, & the rare, but potent Alomomola. Finally, we chose HP Fire as the last coverage move, mainly because it OHKOs Ferrothorn after a Tail Glow & for the fact that we really couldn't fit Magnezone anywhere into the team.

Conclusion

Overall this is a pretty fantastic team that's been really good on both the ladder and in tourns getting me to the 1700s on the ladder which is pretty fantastic. Between All the lures it helps balence out all of the mons we might be weak to from Slowbro all the way to opposing lando-t. Probably the best team ive ever used in the oras metagame and i think its safe for me to say this is among one of the best mega lopunny teams ive seen. Sets Can be changed on the mons but overall are fine as is. Enjoy using this team. Ive also left some replays as well. Warning to viewers some replays are not 100% child friendly. While My experience may be small a word from the wise. For those that want to get higher up on the ladder or win room tourns it never hurts to build teams with others if this team is evidence of anything. With that said on to ciels conclusion! Take it away.

So that's the team! It's clearly not perfect, but I it's one of our most successful builds in ORAS. Hope you've enjoyed reading this RMT! Catch you all next time!

Mega magic Bounce (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 250 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Doctor Ciel (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

BlazeLatias (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Hot Tupac (Heatran) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- SolarBeam

Bisharp-Mega (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

BRIGHTPOWDER.jpeg (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Dr Ciel : Built this team with me as well as helped out with rmt. Wouldn't have become the player i am today without ciel.
DarkNostalgia : Just Cause lol.
Bisharp-Mega : Cheering me on while laddering and is a good fren
marct25 : Cheering me on n being a good fren
bludz : Good Fren overall.
Mega Magic Bounce : Been frens for a while. Also took the screenshot.
ArchPhantom : Good guy overall.
Sucker Lunch : Did something pretty nice for me a while back.
Id say tele as hes the reason i have pursuit on scizor but no point in bugging him.

Last edited:
Hey there, since you asked for a rate i'll help you, this is a good team overall, i really like how you're using momentum with Scizor + Landorus-T with solid offensive pressure like Manaphy and Lopunny, nonetheless i noticed some weakness that can be covered.

• First your team may struggle a lot against Keldeo, indeed your only one reliable check is Latias since manaphy is offensive, and it can find a way to come in pretty easily (Landorus-T / Scizor / Heatran), that's why i'd suggest Roost instead of Defog on Latias, Roost will make you safer against Keldeo since it will increase your staying power but it will also help you against things such as Charizard Y or Rotom-W. Plus your team doesn't really need Defog since there are not Stealth Rock weakness.
  • Then regarding your little weakness against Azumarill BD, i'd suggest this spread on Scizor ==> 208 HP / 252 ATK / 48 Speed, Azumarill can actually be a threat for your team since it can set up on Scizor locked / Latias -2 and also Heatran in a 50/50, without the need of Scizor you wont be able to revenge kill it especially if Manaphy died or is weakned. While with that spread you will be able to outspeed Azumarill assuming it's running classic spread and then kill it or put him in fake out's range KO.
  • Then my last suggest is optional which means you're not really forced to use it, i can feel a weakness to Specially Attacker Altaria, since it's played with Earthquake Heatran wont be able to check it while Scizor die to Fire blast, Altaria can give you a hard time, that's why i'd suggest Ice Beam instead of Hidden Power Fire on Manaphy, it allows you to limit Altaria's switch in and be able to hard hit / revenge kill it.
I hope I helped and good luck with your team.

I made the Changes to Scizor and Latias (despite how having no defog makes me cringe but ill live lol) i think i will try ice beam on manaphy but i think hp fire is more important overall as ferro can be a huge issue for lop, scizor and landot. On top of that switching into tran and taking a leech seed is not ideal as no lefties recovery allows ferro t chip at it. Thank you for the rate however i will make use of lati and scizors fixes.

Lol I pretty much ran out of things to say by the time i got to you sorry man. Yeah lop+mana is amazing for dismantleing stall. Not many stall teams can hope to break this team thanks to the combination of pup lop/tail glow 3 atk mana and stall breaker tran.

haxiom edit: sorry, I deleted some posts b/c they didn't really add anything to the thread; keeping this though since it is relevant, even though it might look like a double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Your team is rather mega manectric weak. To alleviate this weakness, I'd change Landorus-Therian to Hippowdon.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

I actually this team quite a bit,but it seems to have quite a few easily exploitable weaknesses. Rain offense is the most obvious of those weaknesses,Mega Altaria and Azumarril especially the Belly Drum variant,and Charizard X as well unless the Landorus-T is made into a more defensive set. I think maybe Starmie over Manaphy is a good place as any to start because the naturally higher speed tier is advantageous for an offense team like this,and it also lets you run a different Pokemon instead of Latias. I personally think Ferrothorn, is a decent fit,so that you're not one of those offense teams that kneels over to rain from turn 1. I do realize that Ferrothorn is a bit weird on offense though.

Next up I actually think the team could use a different Heatran set over that one. I mean what does Heatran even lure for you with that set? Power Herb Heatran is more of a set suited to being used on bird spam teams than anything else to be honest. with Spikes and hazard removal in the form of Starmie,I think something like Talonflame fits quite nicely over Heatran,with either the Sp.Def WoW set or the SD set(I like this one more) being a decent fit.

The next suggestion has been said before but I'm reiterating it,go for Hippowdon over Landorus-Therian. Gives you more leeway versus Mega Charizard X teams,and check Mega Manectric pretty decently. With Talonflame here to check Mega Altaria pretty decently,I think Scizor's slot could be changed around a bit. A few options I'm considering are Scarf Tyranitar,and Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian/LO Tornadus-Therian. Scizor is also quite decent there too,so play around with these suggestions and let me know how they play out!

Ah thanks alot i had to retire this team because i was finding it decently hard to adjust it to the current meta so ill definetly be giving these a try thanks for the rate. My one question is what sets. im assuming Lo analytic starm, Bulky Sd flame or sd flame?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Ah thanks alot i had to retire this team because i was finding it decently hard to adjust it to the current meta so ill definetly be giving these a try thanks for the rate. My one question is what sets. im assuming Lo analytic starm, Bulky Sd flame or sd flame?
I've been fooling around with SpD SD Talonflame with Taunt with Starm + Lop, and they destroy every team archetype together, so that's pretty cool.

I've been fooling around with SpD SD Talonflame with Taunt with Starm + Lop, and they destroy every team archetype together, so that's pretty cool.
Ah I agree with the good doctor, Sp.Def SD Talonflame fits quite nicely here,and can pressure opposing builds especially with spikes and SR down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)