2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lmao rip bayern... How do two penalty takers in a row fall on their ass to miss over

also
We're not so close to being crowned champions because we have a solid defence, we had that last season too, Costa is the reason we're top of the league with this huge lead, he's been our most important player this season. He's scored more important goals than Agüero.
This is bullshit. If chelsea had city's defense, they wouldn't be running away with the league either, the reason chelsea is winning the league is because they have the best defense combined with one of the best attacks.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
should never go down to penalties if the referee doesn't go full retard
The worst match of football I've seen since Chelsea 2012

Please win the title now Wolfsburg, this shit team from dortmund doesn't deserve a trophy

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
lmao rip bayern... How do two penalty takers in a row fall on their ass to miss over

also

This is bullshit. If chelsea had city's defense, they wouldn't be running away with the league either, the reason chelsea is winning the league is because they have the best defense combined with one of the best attacks.
No, it's not 'bullshit'. Without Costa, there is no "best attack". We struggle to score when he's not on the pitch, as has been evident in the past couple of games. For us, he's the difference between this season and the last. Remove him and we're pretty much the same misfiring team that we were last season. Remove his goals and we wouldn't be where we are.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, it's not 'bullshit'. Without Costa, there is no "best attack". We struggle to score when he's not on the pitch, as has been evident in the past couple of games. For us, he's the difference between this season and the last. Remove him and we're pretty much the same misfiring team that we were last season. Remove his goals and we wouldn't be where we are.
And without aguero city drops by at least as much. Switch the two defenses and city would be winning the league and we'd be saying if you take away aguero city would have been the difference between running away with the title and chelsea being in contention. Remove the top scorer from almost any team and suddenly they aren't where they are, thats not something special about costa. He just happened to be one of the best attackers in the league with spectacular talent around him. Aguero has been the better player for the year imo, although its close, but its ridiculous to say costa was somehow more valuable to the team than aguero.

HBK

And without aguero city drops by at least as much. Switch the two defenses and city would be winning the league and we'd be saying if you take away aguero city would have been the difference between running away with the title and chelsea being in contention. Remove the top scorer from almost any team and suddenly they aren't where they are, thats not something special about costa. He just happened to be one of the best attackers in the league with spectacular talent around him. Aguero has been the better player for the year imo, although its close, but its ridiculous to say costa was somehow more valuable to the team than aguero.
City without Agüero would still be able to score more goals than us without Costa, they just have more goals in their squad (their style of play is another deciding factor in this regard). Without Costa every match we play is likely to end in a stalemate, we'd have to be lucky to win by one goal.

City without Agüero would still be able to score more goals than us without Costa, they just have more goals in their squad (their style of play is another deciding factor in this regard). Without Costa every match we play is likely to end in a stalemate, we'd have to be lucky to win by one goal.
I think chelsea have a lot more goals in them without costa as city without aguero would get in the year

I really hope Arsenal sign another marquee player or two this summer.Someone at the goal,a CB and a DM and we're good to go.Maybe add in a striker too

Mourinho for me is the ultimate pragmatist. He does whatever it takes to get the result he needs. There's nothing wrong with that imo. He's just a prick too but there's nothing you can do about that!

For me Arsenal needs a top class striker. And maybe another top centre back just in case of injuries. That's the only things I would like to improve in the squad. Coquelin has been unbelievably good since he came into the team and what you see is backed up by statistics too, his numbers for successful tackles, tackle %, 1v1s is off the scale; he seems to win every single challenge he attempts. You could say we might need a backup but I think Flamini is decent so I wouldn't ask for more than what we have.

Coquelin has indeed been good but we're relying heavily on him atm and it would be nice for someone like Schneiderlin to share to workload with him

Coquelin has indeed been good but we're relying heavily on him atm and it would be nice for someone like Schneiderlin to share to workload with him
I think having two defensive mids is always a good thing to have a balanced midfield. I don't really watch Arsenal that much nor do I really know too many of their players minus Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, and Olivier Giroud, but I think having a solid defensive mid partnership (ex. Fabregas-Matic, Schweinsteiger-Martinez, etc) is a good thing to have for a team.

Lol of course Sapienta :P

Can I just say Pearson is an absolute nob and I hope he gets fired soon and leaves our television screens forever. Also I can't believe this Utd team will make the CL.

There you go Phalanx you tool exactly what I said happened, you opened the door so wide but we couldn't take it. 4 points from what should be a comfortable 9 for a top 4 contender. 9 would have put us 2 points over you with 3 games to go. Sad thing Is it will probably happen once more, watch us defeat Chelsea then draw with Palace and Stoke whilst Man U squirm over the line.

HBK

tml leeeet's not get carried away.....Lol United hit a new low, didn't know that was possible. Don't see anyone pissing on West Brom, I guess parking the bus is only frowned upon when you win trophies with it. #ThereWillBeHaters

^The reason Chelsea get the hate is because they have the players to play terrific entertaining football. Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Cuadrado, Fabregas, Costa, Remy, even good attacking full back Filipe. But instead they still play absolutely horrifying, dire, bore you to death football. Myself I too believe in the way Mourinho plays, results are the most important thing but I can't believe you Chelsea fans need it explained to you over and over again just why they get hate for the football they play and it is an absolutely valid reason. #ProudChelseaFanSince2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)