NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, deciding a vote without any real information is kind of difficult. Keeping my eye on who seems the most likely to provide the least amount of support for the group in the long run. The senseless random votes kind of bother me though too. Not sure we want people who want to act without some reasoning or thought.

No lynch in NOC games is generally shaky because generally roles play less of a part due to lack of coordination from a leader, so generally you want to lynch people for the sake of interactions that you can use to solve the game later even if there's no solid info to go on. NOC games generally have more mislynches built into them as well because of this.

Anyway, I'm going to unvote Jalmont and lynch moi because I think the fact that he ignored von's response to his post is kind of weird.

I don't see how I ignored it - I addressed that von was right in agreeing with BT? There was nothing more to add.

Vote for me if want to Serious Bananas but your reasoning is as silly as the joking reason I provided for Cancerous.

BT is right in that no lynch should go through but everyone should at least post once?
I'm not saying no vote should go through. I think any time you waste not trying to eliminate the mafia is time wasted. However, voting based on random suggestions or over reacting to peoples comments is silly. I'm going to cast a vote, it just will be who I feel is going to be the least helpful to us as a group. Though I'm kind of debating that, since if the terrible users are in the mafia, they might actually blow it and give us the came since it's NOC. Post something they aren't supposed to know or whatever.

Also... I don't see how they would trust more powerful rules to inexperienced people with little forum presence, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Instead of voting for silly reasons, just trying to get a somewhat logical mentality to not waste the opportunity. If anyone has some serious thoughts now would be a good time to share.

...aren't roles distributed via RNG to eliminate people thinking about things like "oh hey town and mafia will have the same ratio of new:experienced" or "he's experienced, why would he get a good role" etc.?

So then, the more experienced mafia members, what is the best move? Go after no one and have one of us picked off my the mafia? Or take a chance to random vote and try to knock one of them off, but run the risk of taking out someone who is important to our cause?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
since the village can't co-ordinate with each other properly, going after no one is not a valid option as that would mean wasting a lynch which is our most valuable form of defence against the mafia, i'd rather mislynch than do nothing at all, even if we get it wrong at least that gives us information like who is too eager to bandwagon, who jumps to the lynchee's defence etc

going to pick someone who hasn't contributed much vote celever

who tf is Norden
The only scenario in which we don't want to lynch is when we have a confirmed information role - generally cop - who can be protected and not blocked (given that we don't know the setup, it'd be dumb to not lynch since mafia PL is very likely thus nulling the helpfulness of pubclaimed information roles anyways).
Well I guess not lynching on mylo with ccs of info roles - again, generally cops - when having no cleared players is also viable, but that's irrelevant to our current situation.

I think we should no lynch right now unless someone obviously presents themselves to be scum. My thinking is that at the very least it gives the power roles a day to get oriented and shape the discussion in such a way that it gives us things to talk about. The obvious risk with lynching is that we either hit or power role, or a villager. The problem with that is that we are essentially guessing as to who could be mafia with limited information. Night results will give roles something to talk about. I'm not saying they need to claim, but that they can use that information to start discussion etc etc. Right now, there's very little info out on the board. As long as we keep discussing, by the next day we will have a dead person to discuss and any relevant results. That is why I'll be keeping my vote on no lynch and urging others to do the same.

Let me know if something I said doesn't make sense.

moi, I was referring to von's post two posts before I voted for you.

Jalmont, you've played NOC before and were never this insistent on going for no lynch from games I've played with you offsite. What's different about this one?

Haven't we learned why no lynch is a terrible idea by now after so many NOC games where someone brings up the idea and is immediately shot down? Jalmont in particular has no excuse for thinking this way.

Jalmont said:
My thinking is that at the very least it gives the power roles a day to get oriented and shape the discussion in such a way that it gives us things to talk about.
I don't really understand what you mean by this. How can power roles shape the discussion without outing themselves? If you are suggesting the power roles out themselves, that should not happen for obvious reasons.

You also make the assumption that we have info roles. I believe we do as well, but we have no idea how limited they are, so we can't rely completely on them. Lynching someone today and everyday (except in really specific circumstances where it would be beneficial) gets more people involved than posting "no lynch" and helps us analyze voting patterns down the line.

Anyway, Celever's response to Fate calling him out about not contributing is to say nothing about the current discussion and only vote for someone who hasn't posted yet. In my experience with Celever (albeit it was one NOC game like over 2 years ago) he had no problem sharing his thoughts, so Vote Celever.

Am I allowed to edit posts? If so, sorry for the double post. I forgot to unvote.

Unvote PokeguyNXB (btw this was a serious vote I find anyone not trying to ruffle feathers early on as very self-preservationist rather than pro-village but this could just be due to inexperience so w/e)
Vote Celever

I would guess that from results PRs would know who to look at more closely and from there I think that would be able to make a case for someone or another. I guess that's bad to out, but I don't think something like that would be too obvious (obviously pubclaim is not ideal). I think for sure we have info roles, and although I agree we shouldn't entirely rely on them, I feel that voting patterns are way too hard to get anything meaningful from, at least on day 1. I think that any info gleaned from a possible lynch is more harmful in that I feel like people are way more likely to misread them.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Spiffy, there's nothing to really discuss. It goes witout saying that no lynch is dumb, and I said in my last post that I like Fate's plan. Anything in particular you want me to share my thoughts on?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
since the village can't co-ordinate with each other properly, going after no one is not a valid option as that would mean wasting a lynch which is our most valuable form of defence against the mafia, i'd rather mislynch than do nothing at all, even if we get it wrong at least that gives us information like who is too eager to bandwagon, who jumps to the lynchee's defence etc
^^^ I like this plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)