ORAS OU Forfeits at turn 5 (Volt-Turn team)

Hello there! Welcome to my volt turn team! I just kind of threw it together, but it still works amazingly well. I hope you guys enjoy it, and please no one liners. :]
CHANGES WILL BE MADE IN BOLD

I've seen people use mega manectric very effectively, especially on volt-turn teams. So, I decided i should try it out.

While i'm not running scarf landorus-t (I've got defensive), it still makes a great partner for manectric, providing stealth rock support, and still giving me some more u-turn

Scizor is a very underrated non-mega poke, and hits very hard with a choice banded u-turn. It also helps deal with fairies, and its only weak to fire at that.

Although the team is hyper offense, being able to burn threats is always nice. Rotom provides a megagross check, and still does a decent bit with its volt switch.

I've been using hydreigon a lot lately, and the scarf set is really fun to use. it helps to deal with weakened mega diancies, and usually can clean up once the opponent's team is weakened. It's usually my lead, as it can outspeed just about everything besides scarf lando-t (I'm modest, after all.)

At this point, all i really needed was defog, so i just kind of slapped latias on, as it also gets healing wish. I don't really know whether to use latios instead, though.

THE TEAM

Manectric @ manectricite
Ability: Lightning Rod ---> Intimidate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 def
IVs: 0 Atk, 30 Def

Volt switch
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Hidden Power Ice

I'll admit, I have been utterly destroyed by volt turn teams before. So, why not try it out for myself? Obviously, since I'm running a volt turn team, I have to run volt switch. Once the opponent's team is sufficiently weakened, I can just spam thunderbolt (Once the ground types are gone, that is). I run flamethrower over overheat, as the only reason to use overheat, killing ferrothorn, still works if I use flamethrower instead, but I do n t have to switch out. Hidden power ice deals with all the garchomps and landorus-ts after rocks.

Landorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 240 def, 8 SpD, 8 Spe

Earthquake
Stone edge
U-turn
Stealth rock

Landorus provides Stealth rocks, which really help manectric get more KOs, forms a dual intimidate core around it, and can help make more voltturn with u-turn. It also helps provide a ground type immunity, Manectric's biggest weakness. Earthquake is a nice STAB move that does a decent amount of damage, even without any attack investment. Stone edge prevents talonflame from setting up, and also helps deal with volcaronas that also try to set up. As said, U-turn makes a core with manectric, and a pretty good one at that. Stealth rock is on every team really, to get more damage on the switch. The EVs allow me to take as many physical attacks as possible, but the speed and special defense allow me to outspeed modest magnezone, and live an HP ice from manectric without it being a roll.

Scizor @ Choice band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpD

Bullet punch
U-turn
Superpower
Knock off

I needed a chansey and fairy check, and choice banded scizor seemed like the best choice, and it even still provided MORE VOLTTURN! Bullet punch is one of my few priority moves on this team, and helps take down faster fairies (mega diancie). U-turn keeps up the core, while also doing massive damage to just about everything. Superpower helps deal with my chansey weakness, and hits like a truck. Knock off provides utility in removing items, as well as again, helping with chansey.

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD

Volt switch
Hydro pump
Will-o-wisp
Pain split

Although the team is mostly offensive, having at least SOMETHINg to take hits is always nice, and rotom can take hits, burn physical sweepers, and still provides EVEN MORE VOLTTURN!!! Volt switch, as said, keeps on providing more and more momentum. Hydro pump allows me to deal with things such as heatran, and just generally is a good STAB move. Will-o-wisp burns threats such as kyerum-b and bisharp, which would otherwise be fairly annoying. Pain split is really just there to get more HP, and actually can steal a lot of HP for free from things such as chansey or alomomola (or just about anything with loads of HP)

Hydreigon @ choice scarf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def

Draco Meteor
Dark pulse
Earth power
U-turn

I was actually lacking a scarfed pokemon on this team, and i figured hydreigon would be a very good fit. I used it on my last team for a bit of momentum, so why not use it on a team built completely around momentum? Draco can hit things hard later on, once all of the fairies are taken out. Dark pulse can clean up once everything is weakened, and can provide some necessary flinches that can change games. Earth power deals with mega diancie, and can lower special defense, which is always nice. U-turn of course provides even more momentum!

Latias @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 72 HP, 184 SpA, 252 Spe

Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Defog
Roost Healing wish

Really, my team was weak to hazards, so i just slapped on latias to get rid of them. I'm kind of skeptical about this latias though, as i think either a normal spinner or a latios could possibly be better instead. Draco can hit things fairly hard with life orb, and provides a powerful STAB move. Psysock can hit chansey for more damage, as it hits physically. Defog gets rid of hazards, as said. I'm running healing wish over roost again now, as the few battles i had roost in, i felt healing wish would have been better to bring back an almost dead team member.
Threatlist:
I don't really have any threats as i just made this team about two hours ago, so i don't have much experience using it. If you end up seeing any threats off the bat, please say.

Thats about it! I'm trying out a bit nof a different layout in this rate my team, so tell me if you like it or not. The main changes i'm wondering about is Latios>latias, and somewhat Flamethrower>Overheat as well. Hope you enjoy trying this team out! I've gotten people to forfeit after just a few turns, due to the massive amount of momentum I gain.
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Last edited:
Hey there. I really like the team. I was wondering whether it would be useful to make your scizor a bulky defogger with u-turn. That way you could replace latias with a banded talon with u-turn, which gives you more priority or a scarfed magnezone with voltswitch. It might be slightly redundant to your offensive play style though. This just so that your entire team has a switching move. Hope I could help.

Hydreigon looks redundant on this team, since you already have Latias as an offensive dragon, and you don't necessarily need a scarf pokemon with Mega Manectric, Latias, and Scizor (strong Bullet Punch).

Bulky grass types look like they could give you issues since in many cases you only have one good check (Ferrothorn is only checked easily by Manectric, Venusaur by Latias, and Amoonguss by whichever of the two it doesn't Spore). I recommend you switch Hydreigon for Assault Vest Tornadus-T, who is great at switching into and KOing grass types with its Flying stab (or Heat Wave in Ferrothorn's case). Tornadus-T is also really fast and has U-turn, so you won't miss your scarf pokemon as much.

I would run a set like

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

Erm... You accidentally put Pain Split on Hydreigon. Whatever, mistakes happen. :toast:
Coulda sworn I typed u turn, but it's fixed now. Thanks for saying something.
Hey there. I really like the team. I was wondering whether it would be useful to make your scizor a bulky defogger with u-turn. That way you could replace latias with a banded talon with u-turn, which gives you more priority or a scarfed magnezone with voltswitch. It might be slightly redundant to your offensive play style though. This just so that your entire team has a switching move. Hope I could help.
I've never really been much of a fan of bulky scizor, mostly since band just does so much damage. If you could leave the set, i could always try it out though. Thanks for rating btw!

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I love using this team in battles. Give Manectric Flamethower to stay in long as you wanted as it still OHKOs Ferrothorn. I would give scizor Pursuit for the Lati's that switch out. Rotom-W should have 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe to out speed Jolly Azumarill while still being bulky to take hits. Honestly Latias is fine member on the team supporting with Defog and Healing Wish. Hope I helped ^_^

Last edited:
You could actually replace latias with a voltswitch, defogging zapdos to fit you team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

You could even run a special defensive variant with hp 248 def 64 sp. def 180 spe 16.

Last edited:
Coulda sworn I typed u turn, but it's fixed now. Thanks for saying something.

I've never really been much of a fan of bulky scizor, mostly since band just does so much damage. If you could leave the set, i could always try it out though. Thanks for rating btw!
Fair enough. Your welcome. I'll post the set in a minute.

Hydreigon looks redundant on this team, since you already have Latias as an offensive dragon, and you don't necessarily need a scarf pokemon with Mega Manectric, Latias, and Scizor (strong Bullet Punch).

Bulky grass types look like they could give you issues since in many cases you only have one good check (Ferrothorn is only checked easily by Manectric, Venusaur by Latias, and Amoonguss by whichever of the two it doesn't Spore). I recommend you switch Hydreigon for Assault Vest Tornadus-T, who is great at switching into and KOing grass types with its Flying stab (or Heat Wave in Ferrothorn's case). Tornadus-T is also really fast and has U-turn, so you won't miss your scarf pokemon as much.

I would run a set like

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
Eh, I dunno. So far hydreigon has been a very good lead with scarf, scouting things out, and letting me take on mega diancie which is annoying otherwise (it outspeeds with scarf) I guess I can always try it out though, so thanks.
I love using this team in battles. I will edit this comment later to give you a threat list and suggestions.
Thanks fren :]
You could actually replace latias with a voltswitch, defogging zapdos to fit you team.
I considered zapdos, but I didn't really know for sure. Again, if you could leave a set that would be pretty nice. Ill try it out again, but as Zebstrika said, latias is one of my few mega venu checks.

Ps. If there are any typos, it's cause I'm doing this on mobile, and autocorrect sucks :(

Eh, I dunno. So far hydreigon has been a very good lead with scarf, scouting things out, and letting me take on mega diancie which is annoying otherwise (it outspeeds with scarf) I guess I can always try it out though, so thanks.

Thanks fren :]

I considered zapdos, but I didn't really know for sure. Again, if you could leave a set that would be pretty nice. Ill try it out again, but as Zebstrika said, latias is one of my few mega venu checks.

Ps. If there are any typos, it's cause I'm doing this on mobile, and autocorrect sucks :(
Unfortunately I am having trouble copying the scizor set as I am on my phone but the general spread would be 248 hp, 60 def and the rest in sp. def. You could run 252 hp and 252 def. The mega venu weakness is a problem, true. But if you run talonflame then you can cover it.

Unfortunately I am having trouble copying the scizor set as I am on my phone but the general spread would be 248 hp, 60 def and the rest in sp. def. You could run 252 hp and 252 def. The mega venu weakness is a problem, true. But if you run talonflame then you can cover it.
Eh, true enough. I'll. Try out some of these new members tomorrow to see how they work, can't really right now as I'm on mobile.

Latias has one merit you are not using on this team. Healing Wish offers so much momentum gaining potential while restoring a low HP mon drastically changing the game if the counter is removed.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Healing Wish

Latias has one merit you are not using on this team. Healing Wish offers so much momentum gaining potential while restoring a low HP mon drastically changing the game if the counter is removed.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Healing Wish
Yeah, I was originally running healing wish, but someone told me to chive it to roost. I was thinking of changing just t back, as It did allow me to heal certain members. Ill get on that.

I'm about to test it out now, and i just realized you didnt leave what the moveset would be. Do you know what moves bulky scizors usually run?

styie

Formerly known as Freedom.
Hey man cool team, I do have a few suggestions that can improve your team though.

First is Hydreigon. Having Hydreigon I think only adds to your fairy switch-ins and limits your team capability of performing because you have 2 choiced Pokemon which can lose momentum for you, and considering that this team is very offensive and losing momentum can cost you the game in some circumstances.

Now that I think about, you lose nothing by replacing Hydreigon with Bisharp. The reason I chose Bisharp is because it gives your team so much help against setup fairies such as Clefable and sylveon. This thing also breaks walls very well such as stall mons, and balanced. Bisharp is also a threat to Hyper Offense. Putting all these points together this monster is also an amazing late game sweeper and provides you with Defog counter. As it gets +2 Atk from any drop obviously. Try this set:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Other than that, your team is pretty solid. Good luck with your team.

Hope I helped :]

Hey man cool team, I do have a few suggestions that can improve your team though.

First is Hydreigon. Having Hydreigon I think only adds to your fairy switch-ins and limits your team capability of performing because you have 2 choiced Pokemon which can lose momentum for you, and considering that this team is very offensive and losing momentum can cost you the game in some circumstances.

Now that I think about, you lose nothing by replacing Hydreigon with Bisharp. The reason I chose Bisharp is because it gives your team so much help against setup fairies such as Clefable and sylveon. This thing also breaks walls very well such as stall mons, and balanced. Bisharp is also a threat to Hyper Offense. Putting all these points together this monster is also an amazing late game sweeper and provides you with Defog counter. As it gets +2 Atk from any drop obviously. Try this set:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Other than that, your team is pretty solid. Good luck with your team.

Hope I helped :]
Thing is, if I use bisharp, not only to I lose one of my scarf mons, which is always nice to have, but I also loose some more u turn support. As much as I love using bisharp, I think hydreigon may be better for this team. While I admit I'm a bit lacking in fairy switch ins, a powerful fairy attack (populate hyperbolic, or moonblast from diancie) would be able to just about ohko bisharp as well, since he takes neutral damage. Ill try him out, but losing one of my best cleaners isn't going to be very fun. If you provide some crazy calc of things that bisharp kills that hydreigon can't, it could change my opinion though. Thanks for rating though!

I love using this team in battles. Give Manectric Flamethower to stay in long as you wanted as it still OHKOs Ferrothorn. I would give scizor Pursuit for the Lati's that switch out. Rotom-W should have 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe to out speed Jolly Azumarill while still being bulky to take hits. Honestly Latias is fine member on the team supporting with Defog and Healing Wish. Hope I helped ^_^
Yeah, I was thinking about flamethrower. There honestly didn't seem much that got ohkoed by overheat that didn't also get ohkoed by flamethrower. I would run pursuit, but I don't really like being locked into a move that weak, even if it's bAse power doubles. I haven't had much of a problem of home with the latis anyways. For rotom, I just assumed that no one really used jolly anymore, since adamant was so much better, so I figured I'd add some more physical bulk. So far, every azumarill I've come across I've still outsped, even with no speed Evs. And thanks for confirming that latias was fine with this team, I was skeptical about that. Thanks for the rate!

Sweet team man. Imo, banded scizor is way better than the bulky one. But then again that depends on the role and your preferences. As said above you have a liability in hydreigon. And since you said that you would miss the sweeping capabilities of hydreigon if you switched to bisharp, how about using Talonflame instead. It gives strong priority and u-turn support. This should take care of any mega venu problems you might face. The choice band set would work well with your team.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability : Gale Wings
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost / Tailwind / Taunt

Well, I hope I've helped :)

Sweet team man. Imo, banded scizor is way better than the bulky one. But then again that depends on the role and your preferences. As said above you have a liability in hydreigon. And since you said that you would miss the sweeping capabilities of hydreigon if you switched to bisharp, how about using Talonflame instead. It gives strong priority and u-turn support. This should take care of any mega venu problems you might face. The choice band set would work well with your team.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability : Gale Wings
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost / Tailwind / Taunt

Well, I hope I've helped :)
Someone recommended banded tflame before, but they replaced latias with it, which I needed. I never though about replacing hydreigon with it, so ill try it out. The only thing I worry about with the talonflame is first running two banded pokes on one team, but I don't think that matters very much. The only other annoying thing is being choice locked into something like taunt, which basically forces a switch, but I guess I can always use it when weakened. What move do you recommend most for the last slot?

Someone recommended banded tflame before, but they replaced latias with it, which I needed. I never though about replacing hydreigon with it, so ill try it out. The only thing I worry about with the talonflame is first running two banded pokes on one team, but I don't think that matters very much. The only other annoying thing is being choice locked into something like taunt, which basically forces a switch, but I guess I can always use it when weakened. What move do you recommend most for the last slot?
I would recommend tailwind, since it will give you nice sweeping potential late game and since tflame is more of a revenge killer it would be useless to run roost/taunt. I slashed them to give you more choice. Also another thing, use Overheat rather than flamethrower as flamethrower doesn't OHKO Ferrothorn.
252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Ferrothorn: (79.5 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I would recommend tailwind, since it will give you nice sweeping potential late game and since tflame is more of a revenge killer it would be useless to run roost/taunt. I slashed them to give you more choice. Also another thing, use Overheat rather than flamethrower as flamethrower doesn't OHKO Ferrothorn.
252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Ferrothorn: (79.5 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Oh really? AD impish john said I could since flamethrower ohkos anyways... Eh, guess he used physically defensive in his calcs. The only thing I don't like about overheat is how it basically forces a switch. Besides, what can Ferro do to me anyways? I volt switch out on leech seeds, and gyro ball cant do that much. Besides, flamethrower does enough once it's weakened, doesn't it?

Hi,

Double Intimidate cores need a solid Bisharp check that preferably resists both STABs. Cobalion has access to Volt Switch, so Scizor > Cobalion is a solid change. Cobalion is also an passable Steel check due to the potential for Iron Head. Coba can use SR, so you can go from defensive Lando-T to Scarf Lando-T. Scarf Lando-T is in general a better set on a more offensive team, and it also is a much better check to DDers and otehr fast, physical attackers. Finally, your team is in need of a strong attacker to help break up fatter teams. VoltTurn pressure helps, but a dedicated stallbreaker could go a long way to helping you beat defensive teams. Conveniently enough, going from Scarf Hydreigon to LO Hydreigon can do just that. Using Flash Cannon > U-Turn lures out all those Fairies that try to check Mega Manectric (defensive Altaria and Clefable are 2HKOed by FC).

Oh yeah, always go Overheat over Flamethrower. It gives you a solid chance to OHKO Metagross after Rocks which is pretty huge, among other things. You hopefully aren't going to be spamming Fire coverage too much anyways, and the extra power is too much to pass up.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion / Superpower
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 140 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)