Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Damn, those are some high levels. My highest level is 8, and I've already completed the entire game. Is level 9 the highest a mon can get?
The highest level is 10.

Level 1 and 2 grant +3 damage each, then after that it's +2 per level for a total of +20 from the base attack power.

(Edit: Thing is, after level 5, the EXP gain gets drastically reduced, so usually grinding to level 5 is enough.)

The highest level is MAX (which is 10).
Yes griding into level 5 is easy ... After that's less useful and time consuming.

With the first 150 stages, they were so few ground pokemon and so many hard electric stages to get S rank, I manage to get 4 Ground Pokemon to max -_-

It's that time again, the time where we come together to compete for a Mega Stone, this time Banettite.

Thus far, I have gotten a score of 15587, putting me at #835

It's that time again, the time where we come together to compete for a Mega Stone, this time Banettite.

Thus far, I have gotten a score of 15587, putting me at #835
Did you use Gengar or Sableye as your mega? Just wondering which is more optimal.

There's like nothing for me to still do in the game besides grind Amphy and Meowth. I think I'll just do the weekend Meowths and not do anything else until more stages are opened. Maxing levels is too boring (I've only maxed Donphan, Groudon and Genesect anyway).

There's like nothing for me to still do in the game besides grind Amphy and Meowth. I think I'll just do the weekend Meowths and not do anything else until more stages are opened. Maxing levels is too boring (I've only maxed Donphan, Groudon and Genesect anyway).
You've got Genesect? What the flip.

Meh, besides getting my daily coins, and earning the Banettite, I'd rather play Rumble World right now.

Oh good, you got Genesect. Then can you please tell me what to expect when I finally reach him?

I've heard that he is quite challenging to defeat and capture.

In the meantime, for the Banettite Competition, I've gotten a score of 16188, leaving me at #2172.

Edit: make that 17129, leaving me at #1814

Edit again: make that 18046, leaving me at #1501

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Oh good, you got Genesect. Then can you please tell me what to expect when I finally reach him?

I've heard that he is quite challenging to defeat and capture.
It's a minute and 30 seconds long, but you have both Surskit and Genesect to deal with so you've got to deal with 6 different Pokemon icons. In addition, Genesect's disruptions happen very often which includes both black clouds and towards the end begins to add freezing blocks and unbreakable ones. Genesect does have fairly reasonable HP though that doesn't stop the stage from being tough. I'd say it's definitely tougher than Mewtwo's EX stage.

Reactions: JES

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do you guys find Mega Sableye or Mega Gengar better for the Mega Banette stage? Personally I've found Sableye way better due to clearing out several Pokemon at once. Gengar doesn't make quite an impact as he only has a fifth of the game board.

Genesect is the toughest EX stage to date, but manageable with the home exploit. The best way to play the stage is to use Combusken and three fire types or Combusken, Mega Gengar and two fire-types, then try to keep a Pyre combo going for the rest of the stage.

As for Mega Gengar vs. Mega Sableye, remember that the top players all make use of the home button trick. Mega Sableye may or may not be better for players doing this naturally. MGengar is definitely still useful even with 5 mons on the field considering him eliminating himself allows you to find more matches to combo.

Genesect is the toughest EX stage to date, but manageable with the home exploit. The best way to play the stage is to use Combusken and three fire types or Combusken, Mega Gengar and two fire-types, then try to keep a Pyre combo going for the rest of the stage.

As for Mega Gengar vs. Mega Sableye, remember that the top players all make use of the home button trick. Mega Sableye may or may not be better for players doing this naturally. MGengar is definitely still useful even with 5 mons on the field considering him eliminating himself allows you to find more matches to combo.
Wait, you can use the home button trick on the ranked time event stages?? I thought that you couldn't do that without getting booted out of the stage.
Ps excuse me while I get a top 1k rank as I am a mere 4 levels total from having every single top 5 pokemon used at max level minus mightyana because mega mewtwo Y sucks.

Do you guys find Mega Sableye or Mega Gengar better for the Mega Banette stage? Personally I've found Sableye way better due to clearing out several Pokemon at once. Gengar doesn't make quite an impact as he only has a fifth of the game board.
Gengar, definitely. I've tried both myself, and I figured Gengar to be more effective. Yes, Sableye clears out several Pokémon at once, but it sort of disrupts you in your ability to oversee the board, which costs you valuable time. Gengar on the other hand gives the board sort of little Complexity-1 power ups. Which makes it easier to combo faster (if it doesn't already combo like a beast on itself) and you keep a solid overview.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I've used Gengar but I never seem to have enough on the board for it to make a real difference. Guess I'll keep working it and see.

Why does this keep happening?

unnamed.jpg

For those who don't see, theres a non Mega-evolved Mewtwo in the field. (No, this is not the Mewtwo stage). This also happens with Mega Blastoise sometimes.

Yeah, it happens to all megas in the Timburr stage. You either suck it up, match these non-megas or wait until later to mega evolve.

Who knows. They've already had the time to fix it, so it's not impossible that it was intended as something that increases the difficulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)