Worst Pokemon Sprites?

Just realized that the 6th gen Metagross sprite seems to be missing a leg:

Maybe it went back as a Beldum and thus, explaining how the Metagross family reproduce (by itself!). IT'S THE CIIIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!

Just realized that the 6th gen Metagross sprite seems to be missing a leg:

Maybe it went back as a Beldum and thus, explaining how the Metagross family reproduce (by itself!). IT'S THE CIIIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!
That's more of a bad angle since it does have that leg since this is a model, not a sprite.

That's more of a bad angle since it does have that leg since this is a model, not a sprite.
Sprite = Model, no? Oh well... My point was that GameFreak could've rearrange both left legs so that the "missing" leg would show, making it look like it's not gonna fall on his shiny metal ass anymore.

Sprite = Model, no? Oh well... My point was that GameFreak could've rearrange both left legs so that the "missing" leg would show, making it look like it's not gonna fall on his shiny metal ass anymore.
Sprite does not equal model. Sprites are solely 2D. In order to see different angles or for animation, you need multiple sprites (baring mirroring sprites, which is common in many games) Models are 3D. They can be seen from multiple angles and can be animated without having to create a new one. The camera in battles is far more dynamic than they were in previous generations, so this pose is only a problem at this particular angle, but that is how life actually is. Sometimes things look like they are missing when in fact they are still there. If this was a sprite, however, your comment would be 100% accurate.

Poor Raichu. It's no wonder you're so forgotten, Gamefreak just can't seem to give you a decent sprite. Over half of them make you look like Pikachu's fat, dumb, deadbeat uncle.

OH JEEBUS WHY?!

Eh, a little too cute but at least it's an improvement.

Not too bad, except you got the shiny colors reversed! (the dark orange one is regular while the silvered yellow one is the shiny, that's backwards).

Gamefeak, did you have to make it look like it just swallowed a whole cake? (and real shiny sprite for comparison to Gen2's).

I take it back, cake-boy was fine (although Diamond/Pearl's hip-hip-horray animation is kinda cute).

Okay, but still kind of derpy.

Ah, that's better. Such pose. Much wow.

Okay, I guess there sprites here are a case of Japan vs US copies of the game for RBG.
This here is for Red and Green.

And this is Red and Blue.

Wigglytuff... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CURL!
Also, can't deny that Pokemon Fusion makes some horrid sprites.

Because Wigglytuff's face makes everything horrid.

Okay, I guess there sprites here are a case of Japan vs US copies of the game for RBG.
This here is for Red and Green.

And this is Red and Blue.

Wigglytuff... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CURL!
Also, can't deny that Pokemon Fusion makes some horrid sprites.

Because Wigglytuff's face makes everything horrid.
Can't unsee the different eye sizes on the first Wigglytuff like it just took some cocaine or something lol!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Notice the movement of Primeape's right upper arm. Doesn't look possible unless it has extra joints between the shoulder and elbow.

The Dratini sprite in RB looks so sad... why does it have these stripe things on it's belly? I guess scales? Those aren't scales Gamefreak.

Notice the movement of Primeape's right upper arm. Doesn't look possible unless it has extra joints between the shoulder and elbow.
Maybe he does. All the better to bash you or my head in, or whatever poor bastard pisses him off.

I don't know, I think Moltres has a pretty bad Red/Blue sprite. Yellow too.
Red
Yellow
And yet, for Yellow they use the same back-sprite for Moltres from RBG.

On the subject of bad Moltres sprites, what about bad shinies? Becuase the Silver shiny sprite makes it look like someone plucked all of Moltres's feathers off....

Really, is that the R/B/G sprite for Moltres? And here I thought that some sadistic hooligan set a Fearow on fire. I don't think there is a better way to both piss off and scare off a Fearow at the same time, if such a thing were possible.

jk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)