UU Mismagius

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: IronBullet93 / King UU / dodmen
GP: P Squared / GatoDelFuego

Overview
########

Despite the numerous viable Ghost-types in the UnderUsed tier, Mismagius finds a niche as it is the only viable Ghost-type with Levitate. Levitate gives Mismagius a Ground-type immunity, allowing it to effectively wall any Curse Snorlax variant lacking Crunch. Mismagius's amazing support movepool allows it to function effectively as a support Pokemon, although it can also be an offensive Pokemon due to its good Speed and Special Attack coupled with its diverse offensive movepool. Mismagius also functions as a good Calm Mind user due to its decent Special Defense. In spite of its many positive traits, Mismagius struggles to be viable because it is easily revenge killed, lacks a good secondary typing that other Ghost-types, such as Chandelure and Doublade, possess, and faces competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat, and as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Reuniclus and Suicune.

Stallbreaker
########
name: Stallbreaker
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Dazzling Gleam / Pain Split
ability: Levitate
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Taunt allows Mismagius to stallbreak effectively. Shadow Ball is a consistent STAB attack that also has a chance to drop the foe's Special Defense. Will-O-Wisp allows Mismagius to cripple physical attackers, as well as wear down walls. Dazzling Gleam allows Mismagius to hit Dark-types for super effective damage and has good neutral coverage alongside Shadow Ball. Pain Split is an option, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of recovery; it is unreliable, however.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon while retaining as much bulk as possible. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of passive recovery. Levitate is Mismagius's only viable ability.

Usage Tips
========

Use Taunt to shut down opposing walls, and wear them down via either Will-O-Wisp or an attacking move. Should Pain Split be chosen on the fourth moveslot, be sure to use it when Mismagius is weakened. Mismagius is also one of the most effective spinblockers against the likes of Tentacruel and Forretress.

Team Options
========

Mismagius forces many switches, making entry hazard setters, such as Forretress and Nidoqueen, good teammates. Sweepers and cleaners, such as Swords Dance Lucario and Choice Scarf Mienshao, respectively, also make for good teammates, as they capitalize on Mismagius's ability to effectively break down defensive cores. Pokemon that have access to Wish and a clerical move, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good teammates, as they can heal Mismagius by either restoring Mismagius's HP via Wish or removing status inflicted upon Mismagius via Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Pokemon that appreciate the fast Taunt support Mismagius provides in tandem with its unique typing and ability combination, such as Mega Blastoise, Entei, and Hydreigon, make for good partners as well.

SubCM
########
name: SubCM
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Dazzling Gleam
evs: 112 HP / 180 SpA / 216 Spe

Moves
========

Substitute eases prediction, especially against Sucker Punch users, and blocks status. Calm Mind boosts Mismagius's Special Attack and Special Defense at the same time, making it a deadly sweeper. Shadow Ball is used as a decently strong STAB attack with no drawbacks. Dazzling Gleam is used to hit Dark-types for super effective damage and has good neutral coverage in conjunction with Shadow Ball. Thunderbolt can be used in the last moveslot to hit Suicune harder, although Mismagius is then walled by the likes of Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon. 112 EVs are put into HP to ensure Jolly Darmanitan's U-turn doesn't break Mismagius's Substitute. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack to help Mismagius hit harder. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to gradually recover health. Levitate is Mismagius's only ability.

Usage Tips
========

Set up against specially offensive Pokemon, such as Florges and Nidoqueen, as well as one of the tier's most popular Rapid Spin users, Forretress. When predicting the foe to use status or Trick, be sure to use Substitute to ensure that Mismagius isn't affected. Mismagius should only attempt to sweep after all its checks and counters have either been removed or weakened. Be sure to avoid Calm Mind wars, as Mismagius loses most of them.

Team Options
========

Mismagius is prevented from sweeping by numerous walls, making wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Porygon-Z, good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates, as they capitalize on Mismagius's ability to weaken opposing teams after attempting a sweep. This Mismagius set requires its foes to be weakened before attempting a sweep, making entry hazard setters, such as Empoleon and Swampert, good partners.

Other Options
########

Nasty Plot is an option, although Mismagius can't sweep with it effectively, as it lacks the bulk, power, and Speed to do so. Mismagius has access to Thunder Wave, but it is for the most part outclassed by Will-O-Wisp as a status-inducing move for Mismagius. Mismagius has access to Trick, making a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set with the move a viable option. Heal Bell, Memento, and Perish Song are all good support options that allow Mismagius to act as a cleric, ease setup for teammates, and remove walls easily, respectively, but they tend to not find a place on any set. Lastly, Colbur Berry allows Mismagius to survive a Dark-type attack.

Checks & Counters
########

**Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers can easily KO Mismagius with a STAB attack due to Mismagius's low Defense and HP. Crobat gets a special mention for being able to hit through Substitute.

**Revenge Killers**: Due to its low Defense and HP, Mismagius is easily revenge killed by the likes of Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Choice Scarf Chandelure and Mega Absol respectively.

**Special Walls**: Special walls, such as Florges and Goodra, can easily take any boosted hit from Mismagius and retaliate.

**Sucker Punch**: Mismagius is easily OHKOed by Sucker Punch due to its frailty, making users of the move, such as Zoroark and Toxicroak, good checks to Mismagius.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit users, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax, and Choice Scarf Krookodile, can easily KO Mismagius as it switches out, due to Mismagius's frailty and weakness to the move.

**Whimsicott**: Whimsicott can easily switch into any move Mismagius can throw at it and cripple Mismagius by either locking Mismagius into an unfavorable move via Encore, damaging Mismagius with a STAB attack, inducing paralysis via Stun Spore, or even wearing Mismagius down via Leech Seed. Whimsicott is crippled by Taunt and Will-O-Wisp, however.

Last edited:

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so bumping this up as well as updating, after more testing with Mismagius I've come to the conclusion Dazzling Gleam is a must on the set as using Thunderbolt over it leaves Mismagius to being walled by Krook and Hydreigon which sucks lol

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Substitute + boosting move should probably go in OO

Mega Absol under Sucker Punch users (ik its I'm revenge.killers but still)

Maybe mention stallbreaker in OO as Taunt + WoW or something is pretty cool

Mention crapy physical bulk in overview

Levitate also needs to go in overview

Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl (actually Mega Aerodactyl in general bc it's fast and strong) somewhere in checks and counters

Under team options Specs Hydreigon isn't that popular but double check on that

Colbur Berry should probably go in OO

Kreme

Substitute + boosting move should probably go in OO

Mega Absol under Sucker Punch users (ik its I'm revenge.killers but still)

Maybe mention stallbreaker in OO as Taunt + WoW or something is pretty cool

Mention crapy physical bulk in overview

Levitate also needs to go in overview

Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl (actually Mega Aerodactyl in general bc it's fast and strong) somewhere in checks and counters

Under team options Specs Hydreigon isn't that popular but double check on that

Colbur Berry should probably go in OO
I don't really think Mega Absol should be in Sucker Punch considering it outspeeds and can just Knock Off lol (not counting pre-Mega since well, I did say Mega Absol :P). Idk stallbreaker seems like taunt + NP, which is already on the main set. I already mentioned the physical bulk in overview (Physical frailty). I don't really see what Levitate does to warrant being in overview but I can be persuaded. I mentioned Pursuit in general, and Mega Aerodactyl bring put in that section. I changed Specs Hydrei to LO Hydrei. I also added Colbur to OO.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay so the QC team has discussed this at length in PM and on irc. While we feel that Missy just about deserves an analysis, Nasty Plot is not the primary way to go and definitely not the only set to be included. It just doesn't have the speed, power or bulk to consistently sweep successfully in the current metagame.
  • Primary set should be a stallbreaker set with Taunt / Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp / Dazzling Gleam. Aim for 330 Speed to outspeed base 100s. Maximize HP and dump the rest in Special Defense to take on stuff like the Nidos better. Pain Split is an option over DG for recovery and staying power against stall.
  • Second set should be Sub CM that has some potential as it can set up on the likes of Florges and Nidoqueen while Sub + Dazzling Gleam lets it beat Fighters and Dark-types like Krook. I'm a bit unsure regarding the EVs on this one, Ernesto should they be the same as stallbreaker or more offensive? I think it just might be a bit too weak without investment. 112 HP EVs ensures Jolly Darmanitan never breaks Sub with U-turn, that could be a useful benchmark as it's the most powerful unSTABed U-turn out there. Again Speed EVs enough to reach 330 should be ideal, with the rest put in Special Attack.
  • Nasty Plot only as a mention in OO.
reachzero and Bouffalant would like your input here as well.

Yeah, I agree with most of IronBullet93's sentiments; Nasty Plot just rarely finds the opportunity to set up at all and while not necessarily bad its stats just don't do enough to help it sweep and its coverage isn't amazing, either.

I don't particularly see a problem with running 112 HP EVs on the Sub CM set as while CM Mismagius is somewhat weak without a few boosts, I think that's a pretty good benchmark as well seeing as the longer you can keep up your Sub the better.

There's not much else I can say about this mon that IB hasn't other than it has a pretty decent niche in beating non Crunch variants of Curselax (so basically 9/10 of them), which is something I realized today lool. So, basically just put in the sets in IB's post and we'll go from there.

I'm not even 100% sure if SubCM should get a set in the first place (since it's not fast enough and frail in the physical side), so I'll leave the spread to whoever tests it and finds it good enough.

Kreme

OK I've changed the sets, having the Stallbreaker set first, and SubCM second (subject to change). Moved Nasty Plot to OO.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I tried SubCM, and it wasn't brutally bad, but it wasn't exactly good either. It had a small niche as a spinblocker that could set up on Forretress, it could set up on Florges as well. The big problems were finding switch-ins, since it isn't all that bulky on the physical side, and being forced out by Crobat and stronger CMers (like Crocune). I would place it somewhere around C rank in viability. It had some games where it did good things, but largely against bad teams and bad Pokemon (it destroys Donphan, for instance). I tried TauntWoW a little, but I was using balance and I suspect it's a much better fit on a stall team with Heal Bell and Wish support. I think I'd say that SubCM isn't really viable; it does fine against the low ladder, but really struggles against better competition. It isn't worthy of comparison to better CM Pokemon like Meloetta, for instance.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for your input reach! So I guess the general consensus is that Sub CM as a whole is not too great a set, but considering its ability to set up common defensive Pokemon and the fact that it outclasses NP in this metagame makes it a viable enough set to be included in the analysis. Being able to block spin and set up on a very common spinner at the same time itself gives it a valuable niche. It also has three very nice immunities to take advantage of too, so let's not forget about those. And when it comes down to it, 105/105 Sp Atk and Speed is actually pretty decent and can hit very hard after a couple of boosts.

So Kreme I'll say let's keep the order as it is, with Stallbreaker first and Sub CM second. Be sure to emphasise on all of the props reach and I have mentioned (ability to block spin and set up on Forry, immunities etc.) while also saying why it isn't high in terms of overall UU viability.

Ernesto reachzero do you agree?

Kreme

Thanks for your input reach! So I guess the general consensus is that Sub CM as a whole is not too great a set, but considering its ability to set up common defensive Pokemon and the fact that it outclasses NP in this metagame makes it a viable enough set to be included in the analysis. Being able to block spin and set up on a very common spinner at the same time itself gives it a valuable niche. It also has three very nice immunities to take advantage of too, so let's not forget about those. And when it comes down to it, 105/105 Sp Atk and Speed is actually pretty decent and can hit very hard after a couple of boosts.

So Kreme I'll say let's keep the order as it is, with Stallbreaker first and Sub CM second. Be sure to emphasise on all of the props reach and I have mentioned (ability to block spin and set up on Forry, immunities etc.) while also saying why it isn't high in terms of overall UU viability.

Ernesto reachzero do you agree?
Roger that, all these should be implemented.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
"Isn't extremely viable due to vast competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat as well as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Meloetta and Suicune"

Not just this, but also the fact that its bulk and speed isn't the best so it's easily revenge-killed. It's also weak to Knock Off and doesn't have the useful second typing that other Ghosts such as Chandelure, Doublade and Jellicent possess. Also replace "isn't extremely viable" with "struggles to be viable in UU", wording needs to be a little less strong.

Mention in Usage Tips for the first set that it makes an effective spin-blocker against Forry and Tentacruel, the most common spinners.

Thunderbolt is an option for Sub CM to hit CroCune harder. Leaves it walled by Krookodile however.

QC 1/3 after this.

Kreme

"Isn't extremely viable due to vast competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat as well as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Meloetta and Suicune"

Not just this, but also the fact that its bulk and speed isn't the best so it's easily revenge-killed. It's also weak to Knock Off and doesn't have the useful second typing that other Ghosts such as Chandelure, Doublade and Jellicent possess. Also replace "isn't extremely viable" with "struggles to be viable in UU", wording needs to be a little less strong.

Mention in Usage Tips for the first set that it makes an effective spin-blocker against Forry and Tentacruel, the most common spinners.

Thunderbolt is an option for Sub CM to hit CroCune harder. Leaves it walled by Krookodile however.

QC 1/3 after this.
OK all these should be implemented, ready for next check.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The only thing I notice in the first set about that speed tier is that mega pidgeot outspeeds turn 1 before it turns mega. I'm not sure if QC will agree with me, but what if we allocated two more points into speed (aka 8 evs) such that it better takes on mega pidgeot turn one?

In teams options for the first set, you've only listed a couple options of Pokemon that appreciate Stallbreakers. I'd go into more detail. Pokemon like Mega Blastoise, Entei, Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Mienshao, etc all appreciate the fast taunt support from the unique typing that Missy brings to a team. In general, most scarf cleaners love to pair up with a Stallbreaker.

For the second set, again that speed. If for whatever reason you end up running T-Bolt, I think outspeeding Pidgeot turn one is very useful; once again, I'll let QC voice their opinions on this. (You'd be running 224 Speed in total).

List more pursuit trappers such as scarf Krook and especially SNORLAX, and list whims as a potential check for its ability to lock Missy into a move with Encore, + it's faster to get the 1 up leech pre sub or hide behind a substitute against the stallbreaker missy set as it goes for a WoW or some other support move. Whims can also Stun Spore and cripple Missy in the longterm.

2/3

Kreme

The only thing I notice in the first set about that speed tier is that mega pidgeot outspeeds turn 1 before it turns mega. I'm not sure if QC will agree with me, but what if we allocated two more points into speed (aka 8 evs) such that it better takes on mega pidgeot turn one?

In teams options for the first set, you've only listed a couple options of Pokemon that appreciate Stallbreakers. I'd go into more detail. Pokemon like Mega Blastoise, Entei, Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Mienshao, etc all appreciate the fast taunt support from the unique typing that Missy brings to a team. In general, most scarf cleaners love to pair up with a Stallbreaker.

For the second set, again that speed. If for whatever reason you end up running T-Bolt, I think outspeeding Pidgeot turn one is very useful; once again, I'll let QC voice their opinions on this. (You'd be running 224 Speed in total).

List more pursuit trappers such as scarf Krook and especially SNORLAX, and list whims as a potential check for its ability to lock Missy into a move with Encore, + it's faster to get the 1 up leech pre sub or hide behind a substitute against the stallbreaker missy set as it goes for a WoW or some other support move. Whims can also Stun Spore and cripple Missy in the longterm.

2/3
OK all of this should be implemented except for the change in the EV spread as I'm going to wait for the other QC members to gloss over that.

Kreme

Should QC find that a change to the EV spread necessary, I'll change the descriptions accordingly. Either way though this is written up and is ready for the final QC check.

Physical attackers in C&C since Mismagius's Defense is so low, Crobat gets a special mention for being able to outspeed and hit through Sub. Also in the introduction, I'd just change the thing about Meloetta to Reuniclus or something a bit more relevant. QC 3/3!

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2
add remove comment

Overview
########

Despite the numerous viable Ghost-types in the UnderUsed tier, Mismagius finds a niche as it is the only viable Ghost-type with Levitate. Levitate gives Mismagius a Ground-type immunity, allowing it to effectively wall any Curse Snorlax variant lacking Crunch. A diverse offensive movepool coupled with good Special Attack and Speed makes (this change can look kinda weird but the fundamentally, the sentence is "movepool [...] makes". I know there's the SpA/Speed stuff too but because it's not "movepool and SpA/Speed", the subject is just "movepool", which is singular! ^_^) Mismagius seem like an amazing offensive Pokemon at first glance. This isn't true, however, as Mismagius's amazing support movepool allows it to function effectively as a support Pokemon. Mismagius also functions as a good Calm Mind user due to its decent Special Defense. In spite of its many positive traits, Mismagius struggles to be viable in the UnderUsed tier. This is because it is easily revenge killed, lacks a good secondary typing that other Ghost-types, such as Chandelure and Doublade, possess, and lastly, it faces competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat, as well as a and as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Reuniclus and Suicune.

Stallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Taunt is the main move of this set, as it (we're supposed to avoid "main move/crux/most important move" in analyses) allows Mismagius to stallbreak effectively. Shadow Ball is a consistent STAB attack that also has a chance to drop the foe's Special Defense of the foe. Will-O-Wisp is used, as it allows Mismagius to cripple physical attackers, as well as wear down walls. Dazzling Gleam allows Mismagius to hit Dark-types for super effective damage coverage and has good neutral coverage alongside Shadow Ball. Pain Split is an option, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of recovery,; (semicolon) it is unreliable(comma) however.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100s while retaining as much bulk as possible. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of passive recovery. It is one of the most effective spinblockers against the likes of Tentacruel and Forretress. (not sure this sentence belongs in Set Details; maybe Usage Tips?)

Usage Tips
========

Use Taunt to shut down opposing walls, and wear them down via either Will-O-Wisp or an attacking move. Should Pain Split be chosen on the fourth moveslot, be sure to use it when Mismagius is weakened.

Team Options
========

Mismagius forces many switches, making entry hazard setters, such as Forretress and Nidoqueen, good teammates. Sweepers and cleaners, such as Swords Dance Lucario and Choice Scarf Mienshao(comma) respectively, also make for good teammates, as they capitalize on Mismagius's ability to effectively break down defensive cores. Pokemon that have access to Wish and a clerical move, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good teammates, as they can heal Mismagius by either restoring Mismagius's HP via Wish or by removing status inflicted upon Mismagius via Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Pokemon that appreciate the fast Taunt support Mismagius provides in tandem with its unique typing and ability combination, such as Mega Blastoise, Entei(comma) and Hydreigon, make for good partners as well.

SubCM
########

Moves
========
(space)
Substitute eases prediction, especially against Sucker Punch users, and blocks status. Calm Mind boosts Mismagius's Special Attack and Special Defense at the same time, making it a deadly sweeper. Shadow Ball is used as a decently strong STAB attack with no drawbacks. Dazzling Gleam is used as a coverage option to hit Dark-types for super effective damage and has good neutral coverage in conjunction with Shadow Ball. Thunderbolt can be used in the last moveslot to hit Suicune harder, although Mismagius is then walled by the likes of Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive(dash)natured base 100s. 112 EVs are put into HP to ensure Jolly Darmanitan's U-turn doesn't break Mismagius's Substitute. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack to help Mismagius hit harder. Leftovers is the chosen item(comma) as it allows Mismagius to gradually recover health.
(space)
Usage Tips
========

Set(space)up against specially offensive Pokemon, such as Florges and Nidoqueen, as well as one of the tier's most popular Rapid Spin users, Forretress. When predicting the foe to use status or Trick, be sure to use Substitute to ensure that Mismagius isn't affected. Mismagius should only attempt to sweep after all its checks and counters have either been removed or weakened. Be sure to avoid Calm Mind wars, as Mismagius loses most of them.

Team Options
========

Mismagius is prevented from sweeping by numerous walls, making wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Porygon-Z, good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates, as they capitalize on Mismagius's ability to weaken opposing teams after attempting a sweep. This Mismagius set requires its foes to be weakened before attempting a sweep, making entry hazard setters, such as Empoleon and Swampert, good partners.

Other Options
########

Nasty Plot is an option, although Mismagius can't sweep with it effectively, as it lacks the bulk, power, or and (this might change the meaning though, so I'll leave it up to you) Speed to do so. Mismagius has access to Thunder Wave, which can induce paralysis, (self-explanatory haha) but it is for the most part outclassed by Will-O-Wisp as a status(dash)inducing move for Mismagius. Mismagius has access to Trick, making a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set with the move a viable option. Heal Bell, Memento(comma) and Perish Song are all good support options that allow Mismagius to act as a cleric, ease setup for teammates allow its teammates to setup easily, and remove walls easily(comma) respectively, but they tend to not find a place on any set. Lastly, Colbur Berry is a nice item that allows Mismagius to live survive a Dark-type attack.

Checks & Counters
########

**Physical Attackers**: Physical attackers can easily KO Mismagius with a STAB attack due to Mismagius's low Defense and HP. Crobat gets a special mention for being able to hit through Substitute.

**Revenge Killers**: Due to its low Defense and HP, Mismagius is easily revenge killed by the likes of Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Choice Scarf Chandelure and Mega Absol(comma) respectively.

**Special Walls**: Special walls, such as Florges and Goodra, can easily take any boosted hit from Mismagius and retaliate.

**Sucker Punch**: Mismagius is easily OHKOed by Sucker Punch due to its frailty, making users of the move, such as Zoroark and Toxicroak, good checks to Mismagius.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit users, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax(comma) and Choice Scarf Krookodile, can easily KO Mismagius as it switches out, due to Mismagius's frailty and weakness to the move.

**Whimsicott**: Whimsicott can easily switch into any move Mismagius can throw at it and cripple Mismagius by either locking it into an unfavourable unfavorable move via Encore, damaging it with a STAB attack, inducing paralysis via Stun Spore, or even wearing Mismagius down via Leech Seed. Whimsicott is crippled by Taunt and Will-O-Wisp(comma) however.

Kreme

GP 1/2
add remove comment

Overview
########

Despite the numerous viable Ghost-types in the UnderUsed tier, Mismagius finds a niche as it is the only viable Ghost-type with Levitate. Levitate gives Mismagius a Ground-type immunity, allowing it to effectively wall any Curse Snorlax variant lacking Crunch. A diverse offensive movepool coupled with good Special Attack and Speed makes (this change can look kinda weird but the fundamentally, the sentence is "movepool [...] makes". I know there's the SpA/Speed stuff too but because it's not "movepool and SpA/Speed", the subject is just "movepool", which is singular! ^_^) Mismagius seem like an amazing offensive Pokemon at first glance. This isn't true, however, as Mismagius's amazing support movepool allows it to function effectively as a support Pokemon. Mismagius also functions as a good Calm Mind user due to its decent Special Defense. In spite of its many positive traits, Mismagius struggles to be viable in the UnderUsed tier. This is because it is easily revenge killed, lacks a good secondary typing that other Ghost-types, such as Chandelure and Doublade, possess, and lastly, it faces competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat, as well as a and as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Reuniclus and Suicune.

Stallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Taunt is the main move of this set, as it (we're supposed to avoid "main move/crux/most important move" in analyses) allows Mismagius to stallbreak effectively. Shadow Ball is a consistent STAB attack that also has a chance to drop the foe's Special Defense of the foe. Will-O-Wisp is used, as it allows Mismagius to cripple physical attackers, as well as wear down walls. Dazzling Gleam allows Mismagius to hit Dark-types for super effective damage coverage and has good neutral coverage alongside Shadow Ball. Pain Split is an option, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of recovery,; (semicolon) it is unreliable(comma) however.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100s while retaining as much bulk as possible. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of passive recovery. It is one of the most effective spinblockers against the likes of Tentacruel and Forretress. (not sure this sentence belongs in Set Details; maybe Usage Tips?)

Usage Tips
========

Use Taunt to shut down opposing walls, and wear them down via either Will-O-Wisp or an attacking move. Should Pain Split be chosen on the fourth moveslot, be sure to use it when Mismagius is weakened.

Team Options
========

Mismagius forces many switches, making entry hazard setters, such as Forretress and Nidoqueen, good teammates. Sweepers and cleaners, such as Swords Dance Lucario and Choice Scarf Mienshao(comma) respectively, also make for good teammates, as they capitalize on Mismagius's ability to effectively break down defensive cores. Pokemon that have access to Wish and a clerical move, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good teammates, as they can heal Mismagius by either restoring Mismagius's HP via Wish or by removing status inflicted upon Mismagius via Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Pokemon that appreciate the fast Taunt support Mismagius provides in tandem with its unique typing and ability combination, such as Mega Blastoise, Entei(comma) and Hydreigon, make for good partners as well.

SubCM
########

Moves
========
(space)
Substitute eases prediction, especially against Sucker Punch users, and blocks status. Calm Mind boosts Mismagius's Special Attack and Special Defense at the same time, making it a deadly sweeper. Shadow Ball is used as a decently strong STAB attack with no drawbacks. Dazzling Gleam is used as a coverage option to hit Dark-types for super effective damage and has good neutral coverage in conjunction with Shadow Ball. Thunderbolt can be used in the last moveslot to hit Suicune harder, although Mismagius is then walled by the likes of Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive(dash)natured base 100s. 112 EVs are put into HP to ensure Jolly Darmanitan's U-turn doesn't break Mismagius's Substitute. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack to help Mismagius hit harder. Leftovers is the chosen item(comma) as it allows Mismagius to gradually recover health.
(space)
Usage Tips
========

Set(space)up against specially offensive Pokemon, such as Florges and Nidoqueen, as well as one of the tier's most popular Rapid Spin users, Forretress. When predicting the foe to use status or Trick, be sure to use Substitute to ensure that Mismagius isn't affected. Mismagius should only attempt to sweep after all its checks and counters have either been removed or weakened. Be sure to avoid Calm Mind wars, as Mismagius loses most of them.

Team Options
========

Other Options
########

Nasty Plot is an option, although Mismagius can't sweep with it effectively, as it lacks the bulk, power, or and (this might change the meaning though, so I'll leave it up to you) Speed to do so. Mismagius has access to Thunder Wave, which can induce paralysis, (self-explanatory haha) but it is for the most part outclassed by Will-O-Wisp as a status(dash)inducing move for Mismagius. Mismagius has access to Trick, making a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set with the move a viable option. Heal Bell, Memento(comma) and Perish Song are all good support options that allow Mismagius to act as a cleric, ease setup for teammates allow its teammates to setup easily, and remove walls easily(comma) respectively, but they tend to not find a place on any set. Lastly, Colbur Berry is a nice item that allows Mismagius to live survive a Dark-type attack.

Checks & Counters
########

**Revenge Killers**: Due to its low Defense and HP, Mismagius is easily revenge killed by the likes of Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Choice Scarf Chandelure and Mega Absol(comma) respectively.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit users, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax(comma) and Choice Scarf Krookodile, can easily KO Mismagius as it switches out, due to Mismagius's frailty and weakness to the move.

**Whimsicott**: Whimsicott can easily switch into any move Mismagius can throw at it and cripple Mismagius by either locking it into an unfavourable unfavorable move via Encore, damaging it with a STAB attack, inducing paralysis via Stun Spore, or even wearing Mismagius down via Leech Seed. Whimsicott is crippled by Taunt and Will-O-Wisp(comma) however.
Thanks again for the check, also thanks for touching on the spinblocker sentence, I had it in Set Details for god knows what reason lol. And I'm not sure how I forgot the spaces between sections.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kreme

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Despite the numerous viable Ghost-types in the UnderUsed tier, Mismagius finds a niche as it is the only viable Ghost-type with Levitate. Levitate gives Mismagius a Ground-type immunity, allowing it to effectively wall any Curse Snorlax variant lacking Crunch. A diverse offensive movepool coupled with good Special Attack and Speed makes Mismagius seem like an amazing offensive Pokemon at first glance. This isn't true, however, as Mismagius's amazing support movepool allows it to function effectively as a support Pokemon. This makes it sound like Mismagius is a bad offensive Pokemon; can this be reworded a bit? Mismagius also functions as a good Calm Mind user due to its decent Special Defense. In spite of its many positive traits, Mismagius struggles to be viable in the UnderUsed tier. This is because it is easily revenge killed, lacks a good secondary typing that other Ghost-types, such as Chandelure and Doublade, possess, and faces competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat, and as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Reuniclus and Suicune.

Stallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Taunt allows Mismagius to stallbreak effectively. Shadow Ball is a consistent STAB attack that also has a chance to drop the foe's Special Defense. Will-O-Wisp allows Mismagius to cripple physical attackers, as well as wear down walls. Dazzling Gleam allows Mismagius to hit Dark-types for super effective damage and has good neutral coverage alongside Shadow Ball. Pain Split is an option, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of recovery; it is unreliable, however.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon while retaining as much bulk as possible. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to have a form of passive recovery. Levitate is Mismagius's only viable ability.

Usage Tips
========

Use Taunt to shut down opposing walls, and wear them down via either Will-O-Wisp or an attacking move. Should Pain Split be chosen on the fourth moveslot, be sure to use it when Mismagius is weakened. It Mismagius is also one of the most effective spinblockers against the likes of Tentacruel and Forretress.

Team Options
========

Mismagius forces many switches, making entry hazard setters, such as Forretress and Nidoqueen, good teammates. Sweepers and cleaners, such as Swords Dance Lucario and Choice Scarf Mienshao, respectively, also make for good teammates, as they capitalize on Mismagius's ability to effectively break down defensive cores. Pokemon that have access to Wish and a clerical move, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good teammates, as they can heal Mismagius by either restoring Mismagius's HP via Wish or removing status inflicted upon Mismagius via Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Pokemon that appreciate the fast Taunt support Mismagius provides in tandem with its unique typing and ability combination, such as Mega Blastoise, Entei, and Hydreigon, make for good partners as well.

SubCM
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon. 112 EVs are put into HP to ensure Jolly Darmanitan's U-turn doesn't break Mismagius's Substitute. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack to help Mismagius hit harder. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to gradually recover health. Levitate etc etc

Usage Tips
========

Set up against specially offensive Pokemon, such as Florges and Nidoqueen, as well as one of the tier's most popular Rapid Spin users, Forretress. When predicting the foe to use status or Trick, be sure to use Substitute to ensure that Mismagius isn't affected. Mismagius should only attempt to sweep after all its checks and counters have either been removed or weakened. Be sure to avoid Calm Mind wars, as Mismagius loses most of them.

Team Options
========

Other Options
########

Nasty Plot is an option, although Mismagius can't sweep with it effectively, as it lacks the bulk, power, and Speed to do so. Mismagius has access to Thunder Wave, but it is for the most part outclassed by Will-O-Wisp as a status-inducing move for Mismagius. Mismagius has access to Trick, making a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set with the move a viable option. Heal Bell, Memento, and Perish Song are all good support options that allow Mismagius to act as a cleric, ease setup for teammates, and remove walls easily, respectively, but they tend to not find a place on any set. Lastly, Colbur Berry is a nice item that allows Mismagius to survive a Dark-type attack.

Checks & Counters
########

**Revenge Killers**: Due to its low Defense and HP, Mismagius is easily revenge killed by the likes of Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Choice Scarf Chandelure and Mega Absol respectively.

**Pursuit**: Pursuit users, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax, and Choice Scarf Krookodile, can easily KO Mismagius as it switches out, due to Mismagius's frailty and weakness to the move.

**Whimsicott**: Whimsicott can easily switch into any move Mismagius can throw at it and cripple Mismagius by either locking it Mismagius into an unfavorable move via Encore, damaging it Mismagius with a STAB attack, inducing paralysis via Stun Spore, or even wearing Mismagius down via Leech Seed. Whimsicott is crippled by Taunt and Will-O-Wisp, however.

2/2

Last edited:

Kreme

Kreme

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Despite the numerous viable Ghost-types in the UnderUsed tier, Mismagius finds a niche as it is the only viable Ghost-type with Levitate. Levitate gives Mismagius a Ground-type immunity, allowing it to effectively wall any Curse Snorlax variant lacking Crunch. A diverse offensive movepool coupled with good Special Attack and Speed makes Mismagius seem like an amazing offensive Pokemon at first glance. This isn't true, however, as Mismagius's amazing support movepool allows it to function effectively as a support Pokemon. This makes it sound like Mismagius is a bad offensive Pokemon; can this be reworded a bit? Mismagius also functions as a good Calm Mind user due to its decent Special Defense. In spite of its many positive traits, Mismagius struggles to be viable in the UnderUsed tier. This is because it is easily revenge killed, lacks a good secondary typing that other Ghost-types, such as Chandelure and Doublade, possess, and faces competition as a stallbreaker by the likes of Hydreigon and Crobat, and as a Calm Mind user by the likes of Reuniclus and Suicune.

Stallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Use Taunt to shut down opposing walls, and wear them down via either Will-O-Wisp or an attacking move. Should Pain Split be chosen on the fourth moveslot, be sure to use it when Mismagius is weakened. It Mismagius is also one of the most effective spinblockers against the likes of Tentacruel and Forretress.

Team Options
========

SubCM
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mismagius to outspeed up to positive-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon. 112 EVs are put into HP to ensure Jolly Darmanitan's U-turn doesn't break Mismagius's Substitute. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack to help Mismagius hit harder. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it allows Mismagius to gradually recover health. Levitate etc etc

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Other Options
########

Nasty Plot is an option, although Mismagius can't sweep with it effectively, as it lacks the bulk, power, and Speed to do so. Mismagius has access to Thunder Wave, but it is for the most part outclassed by Will-O-Wisp as a status-inducing move for Mismagius. Mismagius has access to Trick, making a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf set with the move a viable option. Heal Bell, Memento, and Perish Song are all good support options that allow Mismagius to act as a cleric, ease setup for teammates, and remove walls easily, respectively, but they tend to not find a place on any set. Lastly, Colbur Berry is a nice item that allows Mismagius to survive a Dark-type attack.

Checks & Counters
########

**Whimsicott**: Whimsicott can easily switch into any move Mismagius can throw at it and cripple Mismagius by either locking it Mismagius into an unfavorable move via Encore, damaging it Mismagius with a STAB attack, inducing paralysis via Stun Spore, or even wearing Mismagius down via Leech Seed. Whimsicott is crippled by Taunt and Will-O-Wisp, however.

2/2
Reworded the overview, does it look OK?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)