Board Game Summer Diplomacy Game - Gauging Interest

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So yea, I'll cut to the chase: I wanna host a game of Diplomacy over the summer but I need to know if there's enough people interested first.

Also, as a followup (and honestly the question I care about more, as I'm pretty sure we can scrounge 7-10 people together): would anyone be interested in trying out the Westeros map again?

That game failed due to lack of preparation combined with me having too many responsibilities. The former is easily fixable, and the latter has lightened considerably, to the point that the map is feasible once more. Also helping is the fact that I've come up with a much easier way to edit the map for updates, but it requires me to prepare for a bit before the game, which is why I'm asking now.

So yea. Questions/comments/concerns?

DIPLOMACY OHHH YESSSSSS

I would heavily prefer vanilla or milan map though

I'm playing roleplaying games all the time and could use a pure mindgame familiar to me instead of new and exciting stuff for once

Last edited:

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
down for either

[8:03:31 PM] DLE: i lean slightly towards favoring westeros
[8:03:50 PM] DLE: since i would rather be on a map where everyone has relative inexperience
[8:04:06 PM] DLE: but would play in either

Last edited:

Ampharos

Yea, sounds like we're rolling with the vanilla map. I'll probably start the game sometime around the 17th or 18th because that's when I move back home for the summer, unless everyone has enough free time that we can do it sooner (but finals are a thing, so probably not).

This game is amazing, UncleSam. You definitely should play it.

Requesting NO_DIAS and absolute in-thread silence of non-players.

Clarifying on what NO_DIAS is:

Code:
04:15 <&Agape> DIAS = draws include all survivors
04:15 <&Agape> NO_DIAS = draws can include not all survivors to be valid

04:15 <&Agape> imagine 3 players are left
04:16 <&Agape> A and B propose a 2-way tie between them
04:16 <&Agape> RAW, that's not allowed
04:16 <&Agape> in NO_DIAS that's allowed if A, B and C agree to it
04:16 <&Agape> in RAW that'd require C to surrender before A and B can tie
04:17 <&Agape> NO_DIAS cuts corners, allowing that 2-way tie to happen without requiring the detour of C surrendering

Last edited:

Ampharos

I'm cool with NO_DIAS and in-thread silence. I think I'd also like to play with Fleet Rome, if that's ok with you guys.

I'll start the game saturday (since finals should be done by then). Anyone who's posted expressing interest, consider yourself signed up unless you tell me otherwise. Otherwise, just sign up by posting below that you want in.

edit: Wayne Bradiest is still in the early planning stages, I'm working on making an unrelated multifaction game first

Ampharos

Westeros takes 8, so it's unlikely.

I'd like to start the game(s) later tonight, just waiting to hear back from some users who have expressed interest to me privately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)