Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hearing about a SpD Charizard-Y set, one purpose of which being to check Landorus-I. What does this set consist of if it is a thing?

Technically speaking, if you aren't playing on the simulator, Softboiled is a real pain to get with a proper nature and IVs on Clefable. I can personally speak from experience that Clefable can still do its job with Moonlight, unless you plan on using stall.

If your set is for the simulator, though, use Softboiled. Even with the sun boost, Softboiled is just...better. Recovery moves always need the extra PP.
Just for future reference; unless explicitly stated, we either assume they're playing on Showdown - due to being where like 99% of smogon competitive takes place - or we assume they have access to everything in-game. We don't really worry about how hard something is to obtain, hence all the perfect IV legendaries and defoggers, and questions regarding how-to-get would go in the Orange Islands sub-forum.

Hey guys so I have a question I made the coil and reqs to vote and posted a screenshot of my reqs on the voter identification thread and am wondering what to do now just wait? I still have not voted I have never been in the voting process and am wondering if they will just Private message me or ... Please let me know what you guys think.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just wait for the minute. A thread for the voting will come up in the Policy Review forum and you can then vote there.

e: demolished

p2

Banned deucer.
Hey guys so I have a question I made the coil and reqs to vote and posted a screenshot of my reqs on the voter identification thread and am wondering what to do now just wait? I still have not voted I have never been in the voting process and am wondering if they will just Private message me or ... Please let me know what you guys think.
A link to the voting thread will be posted in the Voter Identification thread on the 7th when the Identifying stage ends.

e: ninjad

Okay guys thanks for getting back to me you are all so helpful and I'm very grateful for your replies. So overall just wait till the 7th then and in the thread I posted the screenshot a link should appear then?

Nice thanks so much again guys I really do appreciate how fast you get back to me only if companies and corporations could run this efficiently. (lol)

Not quite sure where to ask this (for an organized site, Smogon forums are surprisingly confusing to navigate), but it is related to OU.

I want to make a team built around mega Altaria and Conckeldurr. Can someone suggest teammates? (Please message me.)

Do we have stats on the most prevalent Aegislash sets used in ORAS? I've been seeing a lot of Shadow Ball + Flash Cannon and some Substitute with the occasional Swords Dance.

Is there any thread about Winning Conditions? I've been looking but I only found the Doughboy's thread about teambuilding. Thanks!

Is there any thread about Winning Conditions? I've been looking but I only found the Doughboy's thread about teambuilding. Thanks!
Not about win conditions in general. For just about every team style but stall, the easiest way is to just choose a mon you want to build around and figure out how to remove its checks and counters. For instance, if you were building around Mega Charizard X, you'd usually find 2-3 mons that deal with its checks and counters, and then fill out the rest of the team with mons that provide utility or patch up any holes in your cores.

Another problem with Discharge on Mega Manectric is that so many of its best switch-ins are things like bulky Grounds, Assault Vest Raikou, pink blobs, and a few other things like SpD Celebi that really don't care about the paralysis, so there's a good chance that it's not going to be able to spread much paralysis anyway. The reason that Scald is so dangerous on stuff like Keldeo is that except for a couple of things like the aforementioned Natural Cure users and the occasion Water-immune Pokemon, most things that switch into a Scald are going to be taking a hefty chunk of damage and/or will risk suffering a burn. Even if the switch-in doesn't care about the Atk drop caused by burns (and many don't), they'll still have to worry about 12.5% passive damage at the end of every turn, which can flip some matchups on their heads. Discharge, unfortunately, has a larger list of Pokemon that can switch into it without having to worry about taking significant damage or suffering its side effect, making it much less comparable to Scald than it may seem on the surface.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah the core analysis thread is gone for some reason. CTRL + F yields no results and I checked bludz's 'threads' and it doesn't show up. Did it get deleted?

cottontaria
I believe the consensus is run "Don't" nature with an EV spread of Don't/Don't/Don't - your moves besides Cotton Guard should be three of Don't, Don't, Don't, Don't, or Don't.

edit: It's one of the least useful possible ways of using M-Alt - using a turn to Cotton Guard doesn't actually force anything out because status-inducing switchins don't care and special attackers REALLY dont care. Not to mention you die to crits and you have very negligible offensive presence bar dual dance.
Altaria can be played like seven different ways and this is by far the worst, unfortunately, I think

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)