Camerupt [GP: 2/2]

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
your 2nd line should be first; it describes Camerupt overall much better than simply "it beats Steel-types"

I mistyped one of my lines which you copied word for word
""Mega Camerupt is the best Mega Evo TR sweepers, but it should only be used ""

It should only be used with Trick Room. Also it's a sweeper not sweepers.

Could add when you mention its absymal Speed that it is notably slower than Amoonguss

Weak to Ground- and Water-type attacks, two common types, and also hinders its match up against rain. Let's make it more than just a fact taken straight from the Pokedex/Serebii

I would recommend that you read this, particularly the Overview section, as much of your interview was Pokedex stuff when I first looked at it.

Fire Blast is a powerful non-spread Fire-type STAB attack, and even hits stuff like Latios for only a little less than HP Ice, which hits Landorus-T and Dragon-types such as Latios and Hydreigon.
The word "only" puts emphasis where it is needed, as otherwise some people may miss the memo

Despite the type advantage, a neutral Heat Wave or Earth Power will do more damage than a 2x super effective Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, a 2x resisted Heat Wave or Earth Power will do more damage than a neutral Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, etc.
This is not a usage tip - this only describes the moves. This belongs in moves.

Checks and counters
-The Water-type Pokemon you've mentioned could have been better chosen. Rotom-W and Gyarados should be mentioned first, as they are immune to Earth Power. Don't need to mention Mega Gyarados with Gyarados already mentioned. Politoed can be mentioned in opposing weather.

Ground-types, I'd mention Lando-I instead of Excadrill, who is weak to both of Camerupts' STABs. Note that Fire Blast OHKoes Landorus (both forms)

Mention Pokemon that resist both of Camerupt's STABs. Pokemon that resist Fire-type and are immune to the Ground-type. This includes some Dragon-types - Hydriegon, Latios, and Salamence, and some Fire-types - Charizard-Y and Talonflame (do not mention Rotom-H as it sucks against it). Salamence must wathc out of HP Ice, and Zard Y and Talonflame must watch out for Ancient Power.

Also in rain, say that it weakens Mega Camerupt Fire-type attacks. Heat Wave isn't the only attack weakened. Don't mention rain abuser - too vague. Electric-types are rain aubsers too and definitely do not beat Camerupt. Say Water-type rain abusers such as Ludicolo beat it. (Ludicolo should be mentioned as it resists Earth Power, even though it doesn't resist Heat Wave the rain effectively gives it a resistance. It has good special bulk too).

Should add an extra tag for Speed control. Read my description for the XY Mega Ampharos description below and you'll realise why, as Mega Camerupt is completely dependent on Trick Room
**Speed Control**: Ampharos is far less effective without Trick Room due to its terrible Speed. Good methods for fending off Trick Room include Taunt to prevent Trick Room from being set up, resetting Trick Room with your Trick Room, or KOing users of Trick Room before they can set it up - standout Pokemon for the last role include Bisharp and Mega Gengar, which can use their STAB moves to hit most Trick Room users super effectively.

SM979

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
  • Mega Camerupt counters most Steel-types such as Bisharp and Aegislash thanks to its resistance and access to super effective STAB attacks.
  • Good offensive coverage with STABs, easily beats Amoonguss and Aegislash, as Fire Blast OHKOes both.
Should be combined as fairs well against common threats to Trick Room teams, including Amoonguss and certain Steel-types such as Bisharp, Aegislash, and Escavalier, thanks to its typing and ability to severely damage or OHKO them with Heat Wave and/or Fire Blast.

Then mention strong offensive coverage with its STABs.

With Sub in the Moves section, you should mention that it can also take advantage of switches and Protects.
In all honestly, that's more important than protection from status aliments, as Mega Camerupt doesn't fear burn or paralysis, and it pairs well the most common user of sleep, Amoonguss

With the Speed Control tag in Checks and Counters, change heavy relies to completely reliant. Mega Camerupt is terrible outside of TR.

Also remove Mega Zard Y; I had a brain fart when I suggested that (it deals less damage to Camerupt than Camerupt does to it) - Talonflame is still good though.

Btw in the future, I would consider
  • Using the Pokemon more before writing an analysis about it. Some things you have said previously have been concerning, such as listing Amoonguss as a check in Checks and Counters, where as you'd be stupid to use Amoonguss as an answer to Camerupt, and adding Will-O-Wisp to the analysis as a slash, even worse when you then admit you've never tried yet
  • Less Pokedex stuff in the analysis, more stuff pertaining to the metagame. Particularly in the overview; when it was first written it was terrible. I would recommend reading my guide for writing Doubles analyses and other DOU analyses for more info.
I write this with the intention of helping guide you to writing better analyses in the future, which is even more important for someone with a ladybug. I should have said this earlier.

After all this, should be ready for a second QC check.

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I got that done.

But I'm going to pass this to someone else to finish; I'd love to finish it, but I obviously don't deserve to. (unless you really want me to for some reason)

I will definitely do what you suggested to me for future analyses. Thank you (:

Darkmalice

Level 3
Okay, I got that done.

But I'm going to pass this to someone else to finish; I'd love to finish it, but I obviously don't deserve to. (unless you really want me to for some reason)

I will definitely do what you suggested to me for future analyses. Thank you (:
Actually I would prefer you to finish it. The main issue was lack of knowledge, as it means QC has to do more work. However that's already been sorted out in the analysis, and the QC work has already been done. The 3rd QC check is mainly about checking how it's written up, as what to include in the analysis should have been sorted out already. I trust that you will write it up fine. I know you got badged for C&C analysis work, so I think the issues stemmed only regarding DOU knowledge, and I feel safe with you writing it up. In fact, I'd prefer it if you write it up as it'll take longer for you to reassign it, and I may not feel safe with said person writing it up :)

QC 2/3

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Overview:
  • camel straight up cant touch water-types, not just that it's weak to their attacks (fortunately no non-water uses water as coverage)
set:
  • i dont think camel should have sub
moves:
  • fire blast still ohkoes lando-t. you should only use hp ice for dragons, nothing else
  • remove the last sentence of 'moves' imo, since one of the coolest things about camel is it can ko amoonguss on the first turn thanks to its base form having 40 spe
set details:
  • solid rocks not useful either, its just that nothing is, so who cares. if you switch camel into a potential super effective attack you're a goddamn idiot, dont even hint at that being an ok play
usage tips:
  • again the thing about protect. Thats not always the right move. If u can nuke things safely, why the hell not
  • hes got enough bulk to survive a hit or so outside of trick room, so he isnt 'STRICTLY TO BE USED UNDER TR', but since hes such a nuke u should say that his bulk is super precious and u shouldnt let him take hits unless its vital to
  • remove sub mention
team options:
  • i dont think diancie is a great partner for rupt unless tr is already up because diancie needs support to set tr, its not naturally bulky enough to do it like cress is
oo:
  • put sub here
c&c:
  • speed control tag is misleading, just change it to like "tr counters," mentioning that if u can stop tr from going up camel is much easier to deal with

fix all these and 3/3

Last edited:

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
oh sorry didn't see these I'll implement these when I get to a computer

edit: ok did

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1/2 ^_^
Overview
########

Mega Camerupt is a great Trick Room sweeper thanks to its ability, Sheer Force, high Special Attack, and abysmal Speed stat that makes it slower than Amoonguss. It does well against common threats to Trick Room teams, such as Amoonguss and certain Steel-types including Bisharp, Aegislash, and Escavalier, thanks to its typing and ability, which that let it severely damage or OHKO them with Heat Wave and/or Fire Blast. Mega Camerupt also has good offensive coverage with its STAB moves, with Heat Wave hitting the Bug- and Grass-types that resist Earth Power, and the latter Earth Power hitting the Rock- and Fire-types that resist Heat Wave the former. However, Mega Camerupt is weak to Ground- and Water-type attacks, two common types in Doubles OU, which also makes gives Mega Camerupt a bad match(remove space)up against rain. Mega Camerupt, straight up, can't touch Water-types. In the end, Mega Camerupt is the best Mega Evolution Trick Room sweeper, but it should only be used in Trick Room.

Trick Room Attacker
########
name: Trick Room Attacker
move 1: Heat Wave
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Fire Blast / Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power
move 4: Protect
ability: Solid Rock
item: Cameruptite
evs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Quiet

Moves
========

Heat Wave is a STAB attack that hits both foes and is boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is a secondary STAB attack that hits Rock- and Fire-types for super effective damage, providing great coverage alongside Heat Wave; thanks to Sheer Force, it will always OHKO Shuca Berry Heatran. The third slot is your choice; Fire Blast is an insanely powerful non-spread Fire-type STAB attack, as it OHKOes Landorus-T and hits Pokemon such as Latios for only a little less damage than Hidden Power Ice, which hits Dragon-types such as Latios and Hydreigon, while Ancient Power hits Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack EVs coupled with a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs make Mega Camerupt as powerful and as slow as possible. 248 HP EVs increase Mega Camerupt's overall bulk and minimizes residual damage.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, Mega Camerupt should be spamming Heat Wave. Use Protect as Camerupt Mega Evolves and as a teammate sets up Trick Room. However, if it is already up, Mega Camerupt doesn't need to, (sorry, doesn't need to what ?__? Mega Evolve?) as normal Camerupt is still pretty slow. Mega Camerupt shouldn't always have to use Protect, however, because if it can safely attack the opponent's Pokemon it will be fine. Mega Camerupt should mostly be used under Trick Room, as its bulk is very valuable, so you shouldn't have it take hits unless you need it to. Use moves appropriately; despite the type advantage, a neutral Fire Blast or Earth Power will do more damage than a 2x super effective Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, a 2x resisted Fire Blast or Earth Power will do more damage than a neutral Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, etc.

Team Options
========

Trick Room users such as Cresselia, Jellicent, and Gothitelle set up Trick Room for Mega Camerupt. Jellicent works especially well, as in it can switch into Water-type attacks thanks to Water Absorb, and Mega Camerupt checks Grass-types that threaten Jellicent, while Cresselia can utilize Sunny Day to boost the power of Mega Camerupt's Fire-type attacks. Amoonguss provides Rage Powder support, helping Mega Camerupt avoid Water-type attacks, and also functions well in Trick Room. Amoonguss, however, doesn't like getting burned from by Scald, which is often targeted at Mega Camerupt. Helping Hand users such as Cresselia let Mega Camerupt dish out immense damage. Choice Specs Sylveon exerts tons of offensive pressure to on the opponent in combination with Mega Camerupt, as Mega Camerupt threatens the Steel- and Poison-types that resist Sylveon's Hyper Voice, with its STAB moves.

Other Options
########

Substitute can be used, as it protects Mega Camerupt from status such as Amoonguss's Spore; it also lets Mega Camerupt take advantage of switches and Protects from the foe. Rock Slide can be used for a spread attack that hits Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame. Eruption can be used, but its power gets reduced over time, it is less reliable, and it isn't boosted by Sheer Force. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers.

Checks & Counters
########

**Typing Advantage**: Water-type Pokemon, such as Rotom-W, Gyarados, Suicune, and Mega Swampert, threaten Mega Camerupt with a STAB attack and can easily switch into a Heat Wave. Rotom-W and Gyarados in particular are immune to Earth Power. Azumarill has a 50% chance to OHKO Mega Camerupt with Aqua Jet. Ground-types such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Landorus beat Mega Camerupt with a STAB Earthquake, or in Landorus's case, Earth Power. However, they need to be aware of Hidden Power Ice. Fire Blast also OHKOes both Landorus formes, softening prediction. Pokemon that resist Fire and are immune to Ground include some Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, and Salamence, (remove comma) and some Fire-types such as Talonflame. However, Salamence must be aware of Hidden Power Ice, and Talonflame must be aware of Ancient Power.

**Opposing Weather**: Rain weakens Mega Camerupt's Fire-type attacks. Water-type rain abusers such as Ludicolo beat Mega Camerupt, OHKOing it with Hydro Pump. Ludicolo can switch into Earth Power, and since because rain weakens Heat Wave and Fire Blast, it can switch into those too. Politoed is a good examples of this, easily OHKOing Mega Camerupt with Scald and can being able to switch into Heat Wave.

**Trick Room Counters**: Mega Camerupt is completely reliant on Trick Room to do its job. Pokemon with Taunt can help prevent Trick Room, and even Pokemon with their own Trick Room can prevent it by resetting it. Pokemon that are able to KO your Mega Camerupt's (imo we should keep the POV of the Checks & Counters section kinda neutral? because people that want to counter Camerupt also read this page, not just Camerupt users. idk, up to you) Trick Room setter(s) are problematic. Pokemon such as Mega Gengar and Bisharp have the type advantage against most Trick Room setters and have the power to beat them. Thundurus can utilize Taunt, but it isn't strong enough to beat common Trick Room setters such as Cresselia.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########

Mega Camerupt is a great Trick Room sweeper thanks to its ability, Sheer Force, high Special Attack, and abysmal Speed stat that makes it slower than Amoonguss. It does well against common threats to Trick Room teams, such as Amoonguss and certain Steel-types including Bisharp, Aegislash, and Escavalier, thanks to its typing and ability, which let it severely damage or OHKO them with Heat Wave and/or Fire Blast. Mega Camerupt also has good offensive coverage with its STAB moves, with Heat Wave hitting the Bug- and Grass-types that resist Earth Power and Earth Power hitting the Rock- and Fire-types that resist Heat Wave. However, Mega Camerupt is weak to Ground- and Water-type attacks, two common types in Doubles OU, which also gives Mega Camerupt a bad matchup against rain. Mega Camerupt, straight up, can't touch Water-types. In the end, Mega Camerupt is the best Mega Evolution Trick Room sweeper, but it should only be used in Trick Room.

Trick Room Attacker
########

Moves
========

Heat Wave is a STAB attack that hits both foes and is boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is a secondary STAB attack that hits Rock- and Fire-types for super effective damage, providing great coverage alongside Heat Wave; thanks to Sheer Force, it will always OHKO Shuca Berry Heatran. The third slot is your choice; Fire Blast is an insanely powerful non-spread Fire-type STAB attack, as it OHKOes Landorus-T and hits Pokemon such aslike Latios for only a little less damage than Hidden Power Ice, which hits Dragon-types such as Latios and Hydreigon, while Ancient Power hits Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack EVs coupled with a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs makes Mega Camerupt as powerful and as slow as possible. 248 HP EVs increase Mega Camerupt's overall bulk and minimize residual damage.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, Mega Camerupt should be spamming Heat Wave. Use Protect as Camerupt Mega Evolves and as a teammate sets up Trick Room. However, if it is already up, Mega Camerupt doesn't need to use Protect, as normal Camerupt is still pretty slow. Mega Camerupt shouldn't always have to use Protect, however, because if it can safely attack the opponent's Pokemon it will be fine. Mega Camerupt should mostly be used under Trick Room, as its bulk is very valuable, so you shouldn't have it take hits unless you need it to. Use moves appropriately; despite the type advantage, a neutral Fire Blast or Earth Power will do more damage than a 2x super effective Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, a 2x resisted Fire Blast or Earth Power will do more damage than a neutral Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, etc.

Team Options
========

Trick Room users such as Cresselia, Jellicent, and Gothitelle set up Trick Room for Mega Camerupt. Jellicent works especially well, as it can switch into Water-type attacks thanks to Water Absorb, and Mega Camerupt checks Grass-types that threaten Jellicent, while Cresselia can utilize Sunny Day to boost the power of Mega Camerupt's Fire-type attacks. Amoonguss provides Rage Powder support, helping Mega Camerupt avoid Water-type attacks, and also functions well in Trick Room. Amoonguss, however, doesn't like getting burned by Scald, which is often targeted at Mega Camerupt. Helping Hand users such as Cresselia let Mega Camerupt dish out immense damage. Choice Specs Sylveon exerts tons of offensive pressure on the opponent in combination with Mega Camerupt, as Mega Camerupt threatens the Steel- and Poison-types that resist Sylveon's Hyper Voice, with its STAB moves.

Other Options
########

Substitute can be used, as it protects Mega Camerupt from status such as Amoonguss's Spore; it also lets Mega Camerupt take advantage of switches and Protects from the foe. Rock Slide can be used for a spread attack that hits Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame. Eruption can be used, but its power gets reduced over time, it is less reliable, and it isn't boosted by Sheer Force. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers.

Checks & Counters
########

**Typing Advantage**: Water-type Pokemon, such as Rotom-W, Gyarados, Suicune, and Mega Swampert, threaten Mega Camerupt with a STAB attack and can easily switch into a Heat Wave. Rotom-W and Gyarados in particular are immune to Earth Power. Azumarill has a 50% chance to OHKO Mega Camerupt with Aqua Jet. Ground-types such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Landorus beat Mega Camerupt with a STAB Earthquake, or in Landorus's case, Earth Power. However, they need to be aware of Hidden Power Ice. Fire Blast also OHKOes both Landorus formes, softening prediction. Pokemon that resist Fire and are immune to Ground include some Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, and Salamence and some Fire-types such as Talonflame. However, Salamence must be aware of Hidden Power Ice, and Talonflame must be awarey of Ancient Power.

**Opposing Weather**: Rain weakens Mega Camerupt's Fire-type attacks. Water-type rain abusers such as Ludicolo beat Mega Camerupt, OHKOing it with Hydro Pump. Ludicolo can switch into Earth Power, and because rain weakens Heat Wave and Fire Blast, it can switch into those too. Politoed is a good example of this, easily OHKOing Mega Camerupt with Scald and being able to switch into Heat Wave.

**Trick Room Counters**: Mega Camerupt is completely reliant on Trick Room to do its job. Pokemon with Taunt can help prevent Trick Room, and even Pokemon with their own Trick Room can prevent it by resetting it. Pokemon that are able to KO Mega Camerupt's Trick Room setter(s) are problematic. Pokemon such as Mega Gengar and Bisharp have the type advantage against most Trick Room setters and have the power to beat them. Thundurus can utilize Taunt, but it isn't strong enough to beat common Trick Room setters such as Cresselia.

Overview
########

Mega Camerupt is a great Trick Room sweeper thanks to its ability, Sheer Force, high Special Attack, and abysmal Speed that makes it slower than Amoonguss. It does well against common threats to Trick Room teams, such as Amoonguss and certain Steel-types including Bisharp, Aegislash, and Escavalier, thanks to its typing and ability, which let it severely damage or OHKO them with Heat Wave and/or Fire Blast. Mega Camerupt also has good offensive coverage with its STAB moves, with Heat Wave hitting the Bug- and Grass-types that resist Earth Power and Earth Power hitting the Rock- and Fire-types that resist Heat Wave. However, Mega Camerupt is weak to Ground- and Water-type attacks, two common types in Doubles OU, which also gives Mega Camerupt a bad matchup against rain. Mega Camerupt, straight up, can't touch Water-types. In the end, Mega Camerupt is the best Mega Evolution Trick Room sweeper, but it should only be used in Trick Room.

Trick Room Attacker
########

Moves
========

Heat Wave is a STAB attack that hits both foes and is boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is a secondary STAB attack that hits Rock- and Fire-types for super effective damage, providing great coverage alongside Heat Wave; thanks to Sheer Force, it will always OHKO Shuca Berry Heatran. The third slot is your choice; Fire Blast is an insanely powerful non-spread Fire-type STAB attack, as it OHKOes Landorus-T and hits Pokemon like Latios for only a little less damage than Hidden Power Ice, which hits Dragon-types such as Latios and Hydreigon, while Ancient Power hits Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack EVs coupled with a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs makes Mega Camerupt as powerful and as slow as possible. 248 HP EVs increase Mega Camerupt's overall bulk and minimize residual damage.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, Mega Camerupt should be spamming Heat Wave. Use Protect as Camerupt Mega Evolves and as a teammate sets up Trick Room. However, if it is already up, Mega Camerupt doesn't need to use Protect, as normal Camerupt is still pretty slow. Mega Camerupt shouldn't always have to use Protect, however, because if it can safely attack the opponent's Pokemon it will be fine. Mega Camerupt should mostly be used under Trick Room, as its bulk is very valuable, so you shouldn't have it take hits unless you need it to. Use moves appropriately; despite the type advantage, a neutral Fire Blast or Earth Power will do more damage than a 2x super effective Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, a 2x resisted Fire Blast or Earth Power will do more damage than a neutral Hidden Power Ice or Ancient Power, etc.

Team Options
========

Trick Room users such as Cresselia, Jellicent, and Gothitelle set up Trick Room for Mega Camerupt. Jellicent works especially well, as it can switch into Water-type attacks thanks to Water Absorb, and Mega Camerupt checks Grass-types that threaten Jellicent, while Cresselia can utilize Sunny Day to boost the power of Mega Camerupt's Fire-type attacks. Amoonguss provides Rage Powder support, helping Mega Camerupt avoid Water-type attacks, and also functions well in Trick Room. Amoonguss, however, doesn't like getting burned by Scald, which is often targeted at Mega Camerupt. Helping Hand users such as Cresselia let Mega Camerupt dish out immense damage. Choice Specs Sylveon exerts tons of offensive pressure on the opponent in combination with Mega Camerupt, as Mega Camerupt threatens the Steel- and Poison-types that resist Sylveon's Hyper Voice, with its STAB moves.

Other Options
########

Substitute can be used, as it protects Mega Camerupt from status such as Amoonguss's Spore; it also lets Mega Camerupt take advantage of switches and Protects from the foe. Rock Slide can be used for a spread attack that hits Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Talonflame. Eruption can be used, but its power gets reduced over time, is less reliable, and isn't boosted by Sheer Force. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers.

Checks & Counters
########

**Typing Advantage**: Water-type Pokemon, such as Rotom-W, Gyarados, Suicune, and Mega Swampert, threaten Mega Camerupt with a STAB attack and can easily switch into a Heat Wave. Rotom-W and Gyarados in particular are immune to Earth Power. Azumarill has a 50% chance to OHKO Mega Camerupt with Aqua Jet. Ground-types such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Landorus beat Mega Camerupt with a STAB Earthquake, or in Landorus's case, Earth Power. However, they need to be aware of Hidden Power Ice. Fire Blast also OHKOes both Landorus formes, softening prediction. Pokemon that resist Fire and are immune to Ground include some Dragon-types such as Hydreigon, Latios, and Salamence and some Fire-types such as Talonflame. However, Salamence must be aware of Hidden Power Ice, and Talonflame must be wary of Ancient Power.

**Opposing Weather**: Rain weakens Mega Camerupt's Fire-type attacks. Water-type rain users such as Ludicolo beat Mega Camerupt, OHKOing it with Hydro Pump. Ludicolo can switch into Earth Power, and because rain weakens Heat Wave and Fire Blast, it can switch into those too. Politoed is a good example, easily OHKOing Mega Camerupt with Scald and being able to switch into Heat Wave.

**Trick Room Counters**: Mega Camerupt is completely reliant on Trick Room to do its job. Pokemon with Taunt can help prevent Trick Room, and even Pokemon with their own Trick Room can prevent it by resetting it. Pokemon that are able to KO Mega Camerupt's Trick Room setter(s) are problematic. Pokemon such as Mega Gengar and Bisharp have the type advantage against most Trick Room setters and have the power to beat them. Thundurus can utilize Taunt, but it isn't strong enough to beat common Trick Room setters such as Cresselia.

Great job! I learned something about doubles

GP 2/2

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
implemented second gp since it was minor and writer didn't notice it

also, uploaded and moved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)