ORAS OU Mega Gown Lady Balance 1st RMT :)

Introductions

Hi there Frens, Tesseract here, with a interesting little team I made recently revolving around the offensive power of double genies, along with some other stuff that may not be seen as much as they perhaps would of liked.

Little bit about me, new to the competitive battling aspect of pixel animals, came back to Pokemon after a 3 year break, currently flooding contributing to the OU chat when i can. Without further ado, let us move onto the team ^_^.

What You See In Team Preview:

|
|
|
|
|

Sexy No?

First Thoughts:
I wanted to make a team that had the crazy offensive power of the double genie, and thus I added them, for breaking walls, with thunderus in particular annoying the crap out of offensive teams.

2nd:
I wanted a defensive FWG core, so I went for something I feel is great for taking physical attacks, and also sets spikes and leech seed passive wearing damage o plenty. Chesnaught, enter stage!

3rd: If there is anything that forces switches, its double genie. Taking advantage of this, empoleon sets up SR, easy switch into latis, fishes for scalds, defogs, and most importantly, phazes, racking up a tonne of passive damage and disrupting the opponents momentum.

4th:
I decided I need something that can str8 up kill ferro as soon as damn possible, we need something to stop bird spam, and a defensive poke to help out against some common threats. Come here (BAN ME PLEASE).

5th:
Stall.Grr.I Hate Stall. I love power. I wanted to make a team that revolves around mega gardevoir as I had not yet made on concerning her yet. I then also realised that as a awesome stall breaker it would totally fit on my team. Dealing with the chansey and other special or even physical walls that try to stall my ass, Mega Gardevoir, the star of the team, screams her way to victory. (scary).

Those Sets Tho:

1st:

Kekt (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Elaboration:
Role: Support, Parahaxer, Panic Button, Killer Of Landoges (If Scarfed load cri.jpg).
1/2 Of the double genie core, the speedier, support twin, thundy goes ahead and spreads the gift of para hax, slowing down the enemy team for the slowish members of my team to start breaking peoples faces.
Knock off is for chansey, which otherwise annoys me to no end and things such as the latis, gengars, which my team otherwise has very few answers to, and 353 lets me just outrun the annoying as fck 110 speed tier mons. Thunderbolt is there for the stab, hitting things in the face, does fairly hefty damage to stuff like mega sableye which is probably the bane of my life, and stuff like that. Thunder Wave, the crux of this set, spreads the priority thunder wave, often forcing switches as speedsters like latis, mega lop, anything with any kind of speed, fears this thing, often, if my prediction skillz are on point, allows me to get free damage in on something, or even pull a fancy double :). HP Ice Is there for enemy landoges that come in on the predicted twave, even if the opponent knows I have it, it makes one doubt their plays and can help open up options for me and can force an opponent to play safe, and by extension, more predictable.

2nd:

Rekt (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

Elaboration:
Role: Potential Win Con, Wall Breaker,Cleaner/Sweeper.
The Other, Slower, Harder Hitting member of the genie core, Landorus Incarnate is a very solid mon that if properly put in, and with some prediction, sweep teams. Set up a polish, give the opponent last writes and then forcibly or otherwise remove his Pokemon from the game. Earth Power with all the boosts says hello and goodbye to all that dont float off the ground or are bulky as hell, hits heatran, bisharp, manetric etc, helps the team remove threats and also put dents in them.
Sludge Wave is for Cloud god, clef, sylveon, etc, that think they can bulli my team, taking them out or hurting them so bad they wish I did. Rock Polish, the defining move, allows it to outspeed pretty much all after one boost, setting up lando to kill stuff and sweep all the pokes, very few wants to come in on this. Rock Slide, whilst a bit out of place is there for killing annoying crap like spd talon flame and stuff, which would be rather annoying for my team to deal with, bird spam killer ftw, can also get a flinch here and there.

3rd:

EatinItUp (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Elaboration:
Role: Resident Phys Tank, Spike Stacker, Seeder.
So I ran chesnaught over ferro for 2 reasons. First I hate being trapped and being hp fired to death by everything, and I wanted to give ches a chance to play on a team. First off we have spiky shield, which is there for pissing people off stalls a turn of leech seed, also takes a small chunk from physical attackers, and gives me a bit more time for lefties to kick in, really, in conjunction to leech seed and hazard damage, racking up some passive damage. Leech seed is there for stealing some hp, a bit of wearing down that works great against balance teams that tend to lack insta or reliable recovery, and also can force switches which gives spikes and sr more of a chance to shine. Spikes can be set freely on a opponent switching out, the general way ferro does the same thing, stacking that passive damage that the double genies instigate, limiting thier switch in options. Drain Punch is there for a bit of recovery, stacking with lefties and leech seed, also prevents taunt bait, and gives ches a bit of punching back.

4th:

TheTranny (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power​

Elaboration:
Role: Bird Check, Revenge Killer, Acting Bae, Stopper of Tflame.
Heatran, I put in place of tini to save myself from getting murdered by tflame quite literally. Fire Blast is for breaking down stuff, such as mega scizor, ferro and all those annoying things. Stone edge is there for hitting thundy, talonflame, all those flying types which my team loathes. Flash Cannon hits the fairies, such as sylveon and clef, i cannot allow a clef to live :). Earth power to hit other heatrans and for general coverage. This mon is here to not only check but also be my revenge killer so i can deal with stuff like zard y a bit easier.
5th:

DreamsOfFlying (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Defog
- Scald

Elaboration:
Role: Burn Fisher, SR setter, Defogger, Phazer.
Poor Empoleon, to make up for not being able to fly he is granted the ability to both set up hazards and remove them, let alone be able to phaze on top of that. Stealth Rock, setting up the hazards, goes in tantem with chesnaughts spike setting and the pressure of the genies coupled with the defensive power of empoleon and its ability to phaze will allow this team to get a lot of passive damage. Roar allows for stopping set up sweepers, racks up damage, also phazes to break alot of strategies and disrupt momentum. Defog is great for removing the hazards if i need to, and allow thundy and tini to come in without being worn. Scald fishes for burns, potentially destroy some physical attackers. Empoleon can come in on latis all day and take dracos, all kinds of hits for the team that ches doesnt.

6th:

ScaryMoanLady (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Elaboration:
Role: Ultimate Stallbreaker, Team Screamer, Hole Poker.
Mega Gardevoir, the star and subject of my team, comes in and takes a gigantic, liberal dump on chansey, breaks all the stalling walls, you cant hide from this thing, mega sableye, you better run.
Psyshock, hits chansey, channels gown ladies spa to rek all the special walls, takes large chunks out of alot of things, and limits switch ins. Hyper Voice is great for hitting through subs, murdering fighting types, all sorts of stuff, hits hard with all that spa and the boosts. Focus blast hits steels that think they can come in, including tran. Taunt completely shits on stall, and stops alot of pokemon from getting momentum on defensive teams.

Shout Outs:
Tushar Cool: For suggesting the sub pup tini. Thx m8.
Bisharp-Mega: Being a lad in general and indirectly suggesting to me that I use emp and ches.
Meal God: Minor Ev and Move Changes. Many thanks fren :).

I hope you enjoy the team, I shall be updating the OP in coming days. Finally, Here is the Importable.
TheTranny (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Kekt (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EatinItUp (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Rekt (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

DreamsOfFlying (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Defog
- Scald

ScaryMoanLady (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Last edited:
Hi bud, your team looks really solid like I told you but there's always room for improvement :)

Your team looks really weak to balance breakers like Landorus-I, Gengar, Thundurus-I as well as M-Diancie, M-Pinsir and SD Talonflame and these suggestions of mine should help you deal with them better albeit not completely

• My first suggestion is SpDef Manaphy over Empoleon, this allows you to check Landorus and M-Diancie much better than Empoleon does because of Manaphy's bulk and mono water typing which doesn't make it weak to ground types. Also helps you to check Gengar pretty well, another pokemon that gave your team some trouble.
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 122-146 (30.1 - 36.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 146-173 (36.1 - 42.8%) -- 95.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

16 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

240 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 0.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

• My second suggestion is SpDef Heatran over Victini, this helps you to check Thundurus and Talonflame better, Thundurus was somewhat manageable by your team but SD Talonflame just ripped past your team. SpDef Tran is also a nice stallbreaker so you won't miss Victini to such a great extent to be honest.

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 136-161 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 82.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 242-286 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 243-287 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 81-96 (21 - 24.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • Last suggestion, run 76 Atk EVs on Thundurus to gurantee an OHKO on Lati@s after SR.
This is all, hope I helped :)

Sets:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Rest
- Filler of your choice

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic / Flash Cannon / Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Lava Plume

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the support thus far, Im glad you guys like it, Ill certainly be making upgrades to this team, and fleshing out a threat list so potential users of the team can use it with a greater idea of how it plays. Thanks Frens :)

Looks like scarf Lando-T makes this team its bitch as only Chesnaught can switch in on reliably as the rest of your team is destroyed because of lack of resistances and Landos stats meaning it has a 53% to get 2 hit koed by stone edge. To fix this problem a bit running hidden power ice on Lando over Rockslide gives you better coverage and also assists your sweeping power as it now allows you to hit bulky chomp, lando and gliscor without having them threaten a midd game sweep. The loss of Rockslide does not really hurt as Empoleon has no trouble dealing with bulky talon.

hope this helps

Hi, nice team. Small flaw is that nothing on your team can take an Ice Shard outside of Victini or Empoleon, and that's an easy EQ of Knock Off for Mamoswine or Weavile respectively. You need to be able to take an Ice Shard with double Genie offense. Going from SubPup Victini to SubCM Keldeo would mitigate this weakness somewhat, in addition to giving you a stallbreaker better equip to deal with the ORAS meta (SubPuP Tini has issues with Mega Sableye). Keldeo also has a better match up against offense, and you already have enough stallbreaking firepower between Gard / Lando / Thundy, so going in a faster direction could be helpful here. I would say go Scarf, but Scarf Keldeo really doesn't like switching into a Weavile Knock Off.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Changed tini to tran to help out against tflame, im prepared to not have alot of speed since im a bit bulky and i have para support from thundy. i will be testing this out and will be posting some replays and notable overall analysis as in how this team fares against common team archetypes. i would like to thank all that have commented so far, and i do encourage use of this team if you are so enclined. Please tell me via PM or post here, preferably with replays if you do test this team please. Thank you very much all :)

Hey, that's a pretty interesting team you got there, it's been a while i didn't see a Gardevoir, maybe because there are better Mega overall (unfortunately), well i don't have huge changes for your team but i can give you an advice that probably make your team better overall.

Your biggest weakness is probably Charizard Y, he can give you a lot of troubles because it can hit or OHKO most of your team in addition to be able to come in easily on pokemon such as Chesnaught / Gardevoir / Empoleon, indeed you can't really handle it assuming it has focus blast for Heatran, that's same thing for Thundurus-i since all your electric check are weak to Hidden Power Ice, plus your team is too slow to handle it which is lame. That's why i'd suggest to use a naive nature on Landorus-i, this is simple in the actual case charizard can outspeed you if jolly since you're modest, now you can outspeed it and limit it from coming which is better, then running modest while he has rock slide prevent you from killing Tornadus-T. Then i would have used a Choice Scarf Heatran, it allows you to outspeed threats such as Thundurus / Charizard / Metagross / Gallade and be able to revenge kill them, to be honest you don't really need Stallbreaker when you already got Thundurus / Landorus and Gardevoir, while choice scarf fix your lack of speed. Then you can still rotate with heatran to check Weavile and Gengar.

I hope i helped and good luck with your team.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Very valid points lefties, i whole heartedly agree with them, there are indeed some threats my team simply lose to, i generally have to rely on playing around zard ys, i dont have any real switch ins and i also agree with scarf tran, it makes it a bit easier to revenge kill, i seem to lack a mon in that regard. Thank you very much for your suggestions, i wanted to make a mega garde team cuz i was somewhat sick of mega sab stall, which really grinds my gears. Ill be making the changes, thanks again :)

Hi Tesseract,

While I like the double genie cores, I noticed (especially during the Aegi suspect) how weak they often were to a somewhat less common OU mon these days, Mamoswine. Unfortunately, your team is incredibly weak to Mamo, with the only switch in being Chesnaught and even then he can only realistically switch in once, because icicle spear does around 60%.

Lando, Empoleon and Heatran are all outsped and OHKOd, and Thundurus is outsped and OHKOd after rocks, Gardevoir outspeeds but is OHKOd by EQ.

An idea I had, looking at your team would be to change Empoleon to Skarmory. This allows you to keep rocks in the same slot essentially, roar is swappable with whirlwind, roost provides good recover, etc. You have a lot of options in that slot, and you basically trade in a water resist for a ground immunity and neutrality to fighting.

Interesting, ill certainly consider skarm over emp, seems logical now that u point it out. RIP emp he cant even fly but skarm can :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)