ORAS UU Of Monsters and Men (PEAKED #1 WITH 1760 ELO)

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey guys it's Arifeen again with a new RMT that I've made a while ago. This team is built around Reuniclus because I randomly asked in a skype call "What do you guys want me to build this team around?" and Zinnia said "Reuniclus". So the first idea that came to my mind is Calm Mind Reuniclus because it tears stall apart after weakening the phazer. It also destroys balanced teams with great bulk. Here's the proof of peak:

Team at a glance:

Started with Reuniclus because DrReuniclus is bae. Also a great set up sweeper and checks choiced fighting spam

Added Snorlax as another set up sweeper and it's weak to fighting spam. Also creates mindgames to the player to knock off or to Close Combat. Also checks Hydra and Mega Pidgeot.

Added Mega Pidgeot because it beats Fighting and anything else that doesn't resist it.

Added Krookodile as a rocker+Knock off+Lucario check.

Now this slot was initially banded Entei, but I was weak to strong Special attackers like Nasty Plot Lucario. Also needed a dedicated counter to Fighting Spam. So dumped Entei and put Roar Cune, as per Sacri' said, still wasn't ideal. Then finally dodmen told me to use Salamence, which is perfect in this team.

I was weak to Aero and most don't run EQ and Cobalion peppers so many anguses so why not?

The Team:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast Signal Beam

Reuniclus is a dangerous set-up sweeper. It absorbs scald, doesn't give a fuck about hazards and have great bulk. Psyshock is for hitting everything. Focus Blast is for hitting Dark Types. 8 Speed EVs is for outspeeding nerds that run 4 speed EVs on CM Slowking.

Krookodile @ Expert Belt/Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower/Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rocks are obvious. Knock off because I hate items. Earthquake because STAB and whynaut. I use Superpower to use this as a way to kill Mamoswine and Expert Belt to KO it.
252 Atk Expert Belt Krookodile Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 353-415 (98.3 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
If you're running Pursuit, then use Dread Plate instead of Expert Belt.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Sub SD Cobalion peppers so many Anguses. It can set up on Forretress, Florges, non-EQ variant Mega Aerodactyls, Espeed locked Entei and so much. Sub's for avoiding scald burns, Close Combat and Iron Head are the STABs to kill. A great mon nevertheless.

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

This Mence set is great, Fire Blast lures Forretress and Whimsicott and gets bopped, and lures Empoleon, Dragalge and Nidos to get bopped by Earthquake. Roost for reliably tanking hits from Herracross. Draco Meteor hits extremely hard and bops physical walls that it lures. Also, this mence lures Florges and with the predict you can double to Cobalion and pressurize the team more.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hydreigon, Dragalge, Ampharos, Pidgeot check. Can be a great set up sweeper and is annoying to face with because of Body Slam. RestTalk for recovery. It is hard to take down if the opponent doesn't have a fighting type mon.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

The reason I run Defog on this thing is because this is the only way to remove hazards since I need the coverage on Mence. Hurricane is amazing, Heat Wave is for Heliolisk, Doublade, Magneton and Mega Aggrons. Roost for longevity. One of the best megas in the metagame

So yeah guys, there's my team. Now of course, here's the threatlist:

Doublade- Really really annoying to face as it resists Cobalion, Reuniclus and Snorlax.
Slurpuff- DO NOT LET IT SET UP OR ELSE U LOSE.
Chandelure- Need to predict what it uses if choiced. Sub CM is a bigger pain in the ass and needs to be played around.
Heracross and Mienshao- Still dangerous with rocks on my side meaning Mence will be really weakened.
Lucario- Nasty Plot set is hard to kill if it has Dark Pulse, SD set, on the other hand, you cannot let it get past +2, or else it's over. Double Intimidate helps
Feraligatr- Playing around and double intimidate spamming helps a lot if it DDs.

Of course, I couldn't have made this team without the help from these guys:

dodmen for suggesting the Mence set, and helping me fix my team. A great guy indeed. Sacri' for helping me as well and a fellow rival. st123 for showing me how awesome Cobalion is. NV for being the nicest guy ever, YABO because YABO and Yifeng for being the realest nigga ever. Shoutouts to the UU room and AM for supporting me.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Krookodile @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Last edited:
It's a pretty solid team. Although I think feraligatr and certain LO mienshao could do a lot of damage if they had a partner that could safely use bulk or a fast volt switch on pidgeot, since that offensive pressure would remove your ground immunity pretty quickly.

I personally think a rotom Heat > snorlax would work against most of the checks you list it for if you used the pursuit option on krookidile and discouraged neutral stabs by training your opponet with coblaion switch ins, but I guess the body slam and anti stall abilities of snorlax outweigh it overall.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi Ari love the team n_n no real suggestions but mega pert should prolly be added to your threat list as it 1v1s every member of your team and could be nasty if paired with wish/healing wish

mamoswine is still a problem tho i think but you can play around. mamoswine is gonna be diffucult to switch in. the only switch i can think from the top of my head right away is suicune and kinda cress

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Ari love the team n_n no real suggestions but mega pert should prolly be added to your threat list as it 1v1s every member of your team and could be nasty if paired with wish/healing wish
Yeah I play around it with Mence, Krook, Coba and Lax, getting Intimidate and attacking when rain stops

feen

control
It's a pretty solid team. Although I think feraligatr and certain LO mienshao could do a lot of damage if they had a partner that could safely use bulk or a fast volt switch on pidgeot, since that offensive pressure would remove your ground immunity pretty quickly.

I personally think a rotom Heat > snorlax would work against most of the checks you list it for if you used the pursuit option on krookidile and discouraged neutral stabs by training your opponet with coblaion switch ins, but I guess the body slam and anti stall abilities of snorlax outweigh it overall.
Reuniclus can deal with Mienshao, Feraligatr is hard tbh, and with Volt Switch, I try to predict their move and switch out, thanks though, but I prefer snorlax over rotom-heat mostly because otherwise, Hydreigon eats me.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo, as I already said, great team. I'm really enjoying to see you build and play with your own team. I played against like 4-5 times, I played two of the biggest threats to this team but the battles were still really good and close. About Mamoswine I think add the Shuca Berry on Cobalion should works to check it better but this set is fine too. Thanks for the shoutout. :]

Regarding the Reuniclus set, I'd recommend Signal Beam > Focus Blast, especially since Cresselia is becoming so popular lately, also helps beat opposing setup Slowking. Focus Blast helps beat steels, but honestly Reuniclus isn't losing to any steels bar Doublade in a 1v1 then in that case Focus Blast wouldn't have helped either, so it's pretty much redundant, and 30% chance to miss is equivalent to 90% chance to miss.

feen

control
Regarding the Reuniclus set, I'd recommend Signal Beam > Focus Blast, especially since Cresselia is becoming so popular lately, also helps beat opposing setup Slowking. Focus Blast helps beat steels, but honestly Reuniclus isn't losing to any steels bar Doublade in a 1v1 then in that case Focus Blast wouldn't have helped either, so it's pretty much redundant, and 30% chance to miss is equivalent to 90% chance to miss.
Yeah that's a great idea thanks! I'll try it out

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
In regars to mamo, it isn't coming in on anything on your team unless your opponent sacks a mon and then gets it in so While it can seem like an issue on paper I think you will be fine with it as krook is a very good lure for it and if you can predict an ice move cobalion can come in on it as well so thats my thoughts. Other than that its really solid. Life orb mence paired with pidgeot is insane.

Last edited:
Psyshock does more to both cress and slowking at +6 each, and the best signal beam is doing is hitting slowking after winning the speed tie after it switches in on an initial calm mind, and even then it's only doing around 50%. Focus blast is much better in my opinion to beat curselax and heavily dent the most common phaser of reuni in empoleon. It also hits dark type switchins way harder off the bat.

Neat team, only thing that jumps at me is the gatr weakness although you've mentioned that already and intimidate spam helps a lot- in fact I've found intimidate spam is really strong in general right now, and mixing it with Reuniclus is a pretty evil idea.

sup Arifeen

This is a solid team, however, as others have stated, it has some pretty huge weaknesses, most notably Feraligatr, since if it gets an opportunity to set up, which it usually can with Reuni, it pretty much just wins lol, even with double intimidate.

I don't really think having both Reuniclus and Snorlax on this team is beneficial, since they both beat similar things (most notably setting up on fat mons like Florges and Cress, while also being able to beat CroCune 1v1 which is nice for any balance team), and both soak up status, although with lax it's to a lesser extent. Reuniclus doesn't offer much for your team offensively or defensively, while Snorlax does a lot more since it's your team's main answer to the Nidos, Chandy, and a lot of other mons in the tier. Since Reuni is arguably your least valuable member, changing it to something that can fix your issue with Gatr will help you in this scenario, so I would change Reuniclus to Choice Specs Rotom-C. Being able to pressure Gatr and threaten it out will be a huge help with your team, and it also wears down bulky Steel-types and Water-types like Mega Aggron, Doublade, Forretress, Swampert, and Seismitoad, and it also gives you a way to pressure Roar Cune, which can be annoying for you if paired with Spikes since your Snorlax won't be able to reliably set up.

The next problem I see with your team is your choice of moveset with Salamence and Pidgeot; this is mainly since realistically, Pidgeot won't be getting many opportunities to clear hazards, and is better off running U-turn over it in order to keep up offensive momentum, which you would generally want for a mon like this, since without it, a switch-in to Pidgeot like Aerodactyl will be getting a free hit off of something as you're pressed to hard switch, while with U-turn you can at least keep up a little bit of momentum. What I would suggest here is to change Salamence to a bulky Defog set, while giving Pidgeot U-turn over Defog. This also benefits you since you get a more reliable switch in to Heracross and Mienshao, even if it's still threatened by Stone Edge. While you do lose out on some wallbreaking power, you have Rotom-C + Pidgeot as a pretty reliable offensive core so I don't think you lose much.

Finally, I don't think you're in good shape running mono-Normal Coverage on Snorlax. While you do have Krookodile to Pursuit trap Ghost-types, Sub Calm Mind Chandelure is a pretty big threat to your team as you said, and if it manages to set up a Sub something's probably going to be taking a big chunk of damage, so I think you'd be better off running Earthquake over Sleep Talk on Snorlax, as this gives you a reliable way to damage it, as well as weakening stuff like Doublade and Empoleon, and making NP Luke much more wary about setting up on you, which is nice given how much of a threat it is.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

(note; switching this set for leftovers or scarf is definitely a viable option as well, especially the latter since it gives you a back up check to gatr should it get up to +1.)

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Earthquake

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Defog

(you can change around the set for mence if you like, this is probably the most optimal though since flamethrower is nice for doublade and forretress)

Hope i helped! shoutouts dodmen for helping because im a Bad lol

feen

control
Ah thanks man, those sets do look solid tbh, I found out that in this team Mega Blastoise is better than Mega Pidgeot and Doublade over Cobalion because I'm weak to Slurpuff. So these are the sets I'm using:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

I will try your sets out, and I'll tell you how they are, nevertheless. Thank you for rating!!! n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)