ORAS NU my address is hollywood

introduction

If you've ever wondered how you, too, can become a drag queen, this RMT probably won't help much, but using it will cause your opponents to call you a (BAN ME PLEASE) so take what you can get. The art of drag dates back to Shakespearean times, where men would play both the male and female rolls in his plays. Even the term drag originated in these times, where it was coined to mean "Dressed Resembling A Girl." As time progressed, drag died out. Women were, for reasons beyond modern knowledge, given rights, including the right to vote, to leave the kitchen, and even to perform female rolls in plays. But beyond those dark ages you can find modern society, where men wear women's clothing, more paint than a newly constructed house, and half a roll of packing tape over their genitalia so that they can slip into even the tightest of body suits.

These days, drag is all about pop culture. In order to be a successful drag queen, you have to know a lot--top female singers and music groups, famous female actresses and TV and movie rolls, and about as many snappy one-liners as Tina Fey. But there's more to it than that, something that even I, the mentor of RuPaul, Lady Bunny, and Hedda Lettuce, cannot teach you: in order to be successful, you must drink copious amounts of alcohol. This RMT is not for the light-hearted, so proceed only if your feet are ready to squeeze into size 11 heels.

teambuilding process
This team didn't go through any major changes throughout my time using it, and the six Pokemon I slapped together actually never changed--only sets were modified to help cover things I didn't account for well enough during teambuilding. The premise of the team was simple: spam Thunder Wave and take advantage of it. With this in mind, I knew taking advantage of it was going to mean using some slower offensive Pokemon that could bust through teams, so pivot support was also going to be very important. The first two Pokemon I put on the team were Choice Band Sawk and Sub Nasty Plot Chatot, which were about the best possible Pokemon to take advantage of paralysis. After that, I decided to use support Uxie and defensive Lanturn to cover the Thunder Wave and pivot portions of the team. With both Sturdy Sawk and Chatot, as well as a Toxic Spike weakness, I added Togetic as a backup Fighting check, Defogger, and third Thunder Wave user. Finally, the two Pokemon that could break through Seismitoad didn't really want to switch into it in fear of a burn or taking a lot of damage, so I added Lilligant as an answer to both Seismitoad and general Ground-types that I couldn't cripple with Thunder Wave.

in-depth

Adore Delano @ Leftovers | Levitate
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe | Timid
Stealth Rock | Psychic | Thunder Wave | U-turn

Finding a Stealth Rock setter than can pivot and paralyze stuff is difficult (seriously it's just like Probopass, Uxie, and Mesprit), but thankfully Uxie does all of these things and does them really well. With this team structure, it's crucial to get off a Thunder Wave against fast offensive Pokemon, and Uxie has stellar mixed bulk that allows it to get off the paralysis against pretty much every faster Pokemon except for Sneasel, which can be handled by Lanturn.

I originally used Knock Off over Psychic, but because the team struggles quite a bit with Garbodor, it's really important to have something other than Sawk that can both take a couple Gunk Shots and threaten it back. I went with Timid max Speed rather than running more bulk because of how important it is to pull of the Thunder Wave against Pokemon like Jynx and Leafeon which can be difficult if other members of the team are weakened. Still, more bulk can probably worth as well.

Alaska 5000 @ Leftovers | Volt Absorb
104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpD | Calm
Scald | Volt Switch | Soak | Thunder Wave
Lanturn gives the team another Thunder Wave user and another pivot, as well as a Fire check. Without Typhlosion and Mega Camerupt in the tier, you can afford to slap a Lanturn on a team and be set against Fire-types! Lanturn is another Thunder Wave user with the ability to pivot, which makes it pretty much perfect for this team, and in the event that you don't feel like paralyzing something, you can even fish for a burn with Scald instead.

Heal Bell was originally used over Soak on Lanturn because what the hell else do you use on Lanturn. However, I eventually changed it to Soak because having something to paralyze fast Electric-types is nice to alleviate pressure from Lanturn. It also used to allow Lanturn to paralyze or Volt Switch against Seismitoad, though now that it's RU, Soak is pretty much for Electric-types.

Miss Fame @ Eviolite | Hustle
216 HP / 244 Def / 48 SpA | Bold
Dazzling Gleam | Defog | Roost | Thunder Wave

With a Pokemon with Sturdy and another with a Stealth Rock weakness, having a Defog user is pretty important to allow these Pokemon to perform to their full potential. Having another Thunder Wave user is also nice, though it probably isn't quite as necessary when it gets to the third slot. Togetic offers a second Fighting resist and a Malamar check in the event that Sawk gets taken out early while breaking walls.

The set is pretty straight-forward. Thunder Wave is actually necessary for Togetic despite it being a para-spam team because Lilligant is difficult to beat unless I can paralyze it. 48 SpA EVs allow Togetic to beat SpDef RestTalk Malamar by guaranteeing the 3HKO after Leftovers recovery. Without the investment, there's a pretty decent chance for Malamar to win 1v1 against Togetic, which is disgusting.

Pearl @ Meadow Plate | Chlorophyll
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Giga Drain | HP Ice | Quiver Dance | Substitute
Lilligant is so dumb. You legitimately slap it onto a team and it becomes instantly better. It can break bulky Water-types, set up on a ton of fat Pokemon that can't touch it, and destroy offensive teams with just one boost. That's pretty much exactly what it does on this team too. Although a big reason for running Lilligant on this team was taking on Seismitoad, it's still fantastic even without Seismitoad in the tier because of how much it loves free turns from a full para and how easy it is to clean with it.

The choice of Hidden Power Ice over Hidden Power Fire was mostly a metagame call. Even without Typhlosion and Mega Camerupt in the tier, Ferroseed is still really unpopular, and the most common Steel-type, Klinklang, is pretty easy for my team to handle because I have Lanturn. HP Ice, however, hits Xatu without losing coverage on bulky Grass-types like HP Rock does. Substitute was a pretty obvious choice for this team. With three Thunder Wave users, the likelihood of having Sleep Powder targets is pretty low, and I have a 25% chance to get up a free Substitute against anything paralyzed. It's also good against Pokemon that rely on status to beat Lilligant.

Sharon Needles @ Leftovers | Tangled Feet
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Chatter | Boomburst | Nasty Plot | Substitute

Chatot is about the only thing more disgusting than Lilligant. When you have a Chatot out against a paralyzed Pokemon, your opponent is going to shit his pants so hard that you'll probably smell it from your bedroom. Your opponent has roughly a 63% chance to give you a free turn while both paralyzed and confused, which gives you a 63% chance every turn either to get up a free Substitute or set up a free Nasty Plot and then ravage the rest of your opponent's team. On top of this, there are pretty good odds that you'll outspeed the majority of the opponent's team by the time you bring out Chatot, thus furthering your odds.

There's absolutely nothing to explain about this set. You don't care pretty much at all about Chatot's bulk. You just want to be fast and hit hard so that you can get up free Substitutes because Chatot's bulk and defensive typing are both terrible. There's really no need for coverage either. Boomburst is so powerful that you can muscle through resists as long as you get the chance to set up. The reason why this set works so well is because even though you are relying on luck, the odds are almost always in your favor. Just click buttons and win.

Willam @ Choice Band | Sturdy
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Adamant
Close Combat | Knock Off | Zen Headbutt | Reversal
This team is really not that immediately threatening, so having something to punch through walls is really important. When in doubt, slap a Sawk onto your team. On such a Mexican team, Sawk's average Speed is wholly unimportant. As long as you can paralyze the Pokemon that threaten Sawk, you can cleanly tear through the opponent's team, and your opponent has to revenge it twice thanks to Sturdy. Don't be afraid to click Close Combat unless the opponent has a healthy Garbodor or Weezing or a Ghost-type, and even then, you should probably click it anyways. Their Fighting resists will die too.

This set is pretty much the new standard. Earthquake would be really nice, but without Mold Breaker to hit allow it to hit Weezing, it's just not quite as good as Zen Headbutt, which hits every Earthquake target anyways. The only reason why you'd want to run Earthquake on this set is to ignore Garbodor's Sturdy and Aftermath, but with Psychic Uxie in the back, I don't think it's necessary. Reversal is here because if you were worried about anything living through a Close Combat, once the opponent brings you down to 1 HP thanks to Sturdy, you can just spam a nice 200 Base Power STAB attack instead. The last slot is just filler; you could run Protect in this slot, and you'd click it just about as much as anything else you could put here.

closing

Don't feel bad if you play against this team and the opponent doesn't apologize for the hax. It gets really old apologizing 40 times every time you use it, and frankly, they probably aren't sorry anyways. Welcome to Pokemon.

The team can struggle with fast Pokemon if you don't manage to pull off the Thunder Wave against them. Tauros and Sneasel in particular are pretty annoying because there is no Normal resist on this team and the only Ice resist doesn't like to switch into a Choice Band Knock Off. Prioritize paralyzing these Pokemon, and you should be ok. Healing Wish Mesprit could also be a problem, but thankfully, its popularity is waning with the downtrend of bulky Fighting-types and a much larger Pursuit Sneasel presence in the metagame.

This team was actually built pre-drops and has not been adjusted since, but it actually works remarkably well in this metagame. A huge annoyance to the team, Seismitoad, moved up to RU, while none of the new drops are particularly problematic for the team. Kabutops is easily paralyzed by Uxie and loses to Lilligant, Magneton and Fletchinder are destroyed by Lanturn, and most Pinsir can't touch Togetic. Plus, Sawk beats every Pokemon in the game, including bulky Garchomp.

Shoutouts to The Goomy for mentioning Thunder Wave spam, even if he used Scarf Glare Servine to hit Electric-types instead of Soak Lanturn. Props to Beastly Grant for the sick RMT layout, which I incredibly shamelessly stole. Fuck Raseri for not making drag queen music the new np song. Holla at ya girl (makeup) for finally watching RuPaul's Drag Race and Eevee General, junior, and that one person in bof for dishing the drag race T with me. Call me Pearl Delano. Go Mesprits.

importable
Now sashay away.
Adore Delano (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Delta Work (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Soak
- Thunder Wave

Miss Fame (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 216 HP / 244 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Pearl (Lilligant) (F) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

Sharon Needles (Chatot) @ Leftovers
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Willam (Sawk) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Reversal

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I find it amusing that a team based on a seemingly effective strategy / gimmick is this vulnerable to goddamn Electivire.

Yeah Electivire is annoying, but if it's Vital Spirit and doesn't carry Earthquake, you Soak that shit! Otherwise, Uxie checks it decently and Sawk can use its Sturdy to kill it, so stray away from low ladder because it hasn't picked up anywhere else!

Hey hollywood
When I played against you in our NUPL game yesterday I thought we identified quite obvious weaknesses to your team, but quite simply, with 3/6 of your mons knowing t-wave, its almost impossible to get a Mon to settup and sweep, you also have a few mons that can abuse status a lot, like sawk, whose speed hinders it but when paired with paraspam is extremely effective, and more notibly chatot (fuck parafusion D:).
Anyway, I think your team is quite weak to cro-mons(mainly Mega Audino) or stuff like monoattacking Musharna. They easily claim at least one pokemon and more can be done should you not be extremely careful (lilligant isnt the greatest check, neither is sawk)
So, the only feasible way to not make your team as weak to these mons is run a CM Imprison Uxie > Current Set.
Yes, this does cut back on the naturally t-wave spammy style of this team, and it may be for the worst, but if you ever consider those mons specifically to be a greater problem than losing one t-wave spammer, then this is the change for you.

Overall, I don't normally promote cancer mons like chatot, (unless they are the rad specs set!) but I like this teams premise, and simply, if you can't pull off the Para's you wouldn't be able to win the game!

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe (you can change this)
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Imprison
- Giga Drain / HP Fire / Dazzling Gleam / TWAVE woo

good luck for future endeavours
~HJAD

yea you're right, sawk and lilligant suck without twave and uxie, togetic, and lanturn are gimmicks!

agree tho that bulky cm mons can be annoying, though chatot can set up alongside them much more quickly. toxic>twave somewhere would help with musharna, though i'm not sure it's problematic enough to warrant it.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I mean my offhanded comment about EVire was meant to be a joke, but this team does have its fair share of issues outside of that. Most Pokemon that can deal with your fastest wincon and dismantle your defensive core, such as Sneasel, SubKiss Jynx (Sub takes advantage of your switching moves), LO Haunter, NP + Taunt (or the super rare SubCM) Mismagius, even Wisp + Hex Rotom (surprising Ghost weakness tbh). And god forbid you face sweepers immune to status: Swellow by far stands out as the biggest threat to your team, with Zangoose being a close second.

Togetic seems like the most replaceable member of your team to me, because while the Defog support is nice it doesn't seem necessary, and Togetic doesn't help against the numerous fast mons that bother your team (Ghosts especially). Kangaskhan is probably my best suggestion because good ol' priority spam, and it can make use of the paralysis as well to launch dem Double-Edges. Another suggestion of mine could probably be Pawniard, which deals with Sneasel and the Ghosts reasonably effectively, and acts as a half-decent emergency check against Facade spam, all while sporting powerful STAB priority Sucker Punch and benefiting from paralysis spam as well. You do end up exposing yourself a bit to Malamar though.

Another mon I could recommend is Regirock > Uxie. Your team becomes even slower as a result, but insulates itself better against faster threats that would plague your team, most notable the Facade mons.

Just muh two cents.

ey yo

obviously i've seen you use this team a lot and it really shows how potent being Mexican really is. I agree with HJAD that slow bulky boosters like CroDino and Barrier CM Mush (especially spdef, fuck you queen) can be problematic, but CM imprison really isnt the way to go because you lose out on Stealth Rock lol. I also think that there isnt a lot on this team you can change without changing the goal of the team, and generally making it a less effective unit.

The only real change I suggest you make is throwing on Stone Edge > Reversal on Sawk. Mainly because in your RMT you outlined this slot as a filler anyways and Stone Edge can help you hit stuff like Pelipper and Bulky Scyther that try and switch in.

Other than that there isnt much that looks super changeable on this team. I dont think it would hurt to test out SD Fletchinder w/ Taunt > Chatot because it can help beat almost every bulky booster outside of like Malamar, which you beat anyways. It also makes your team less reliant on T-Wave and offers some priority which you dont have right now. Mainly just something to try because we all know that Chatot is the king of abusing hax.

sik team

: Stone Edge > Reversal

Fletchinder | Gale Wings
112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe | Adamant
Swords Dance | Acrobatics | Roost | Taunt

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
hp fire over ice seems like a good idea and possibly psyshock>psychic on uxie because offensive cryo takes a shit on your team outspeeding everything and hitting 4 of your mons super effectivly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)